Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

*She paces nervously* H-hi..im new

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

*She paces nervously* H-hi..im new

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverbelle221 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:26 pm

*she paces some more* so yeah.. way new to this site *stops with her back turned, giggles nervously * I-i could use some help getting around so yeah..
Edward: Bella shall be mine! And if you stand in my way your blood will fall
Jacob: =_= what ya gonna do? Sparkle me to death?..
Edward: ._. ..maybe
Jacob: x-x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Silverbelle221
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: *She paces nervously* H-hi..im new

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Posh.0 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Welcome Silverbelle221! I'm Posh.0 or Nat if you will,

There's no reason to be nervous, we all are a friendly bunch here at RPG

I am Fairly new myself, but I've learned the ropes ;)
If you're looking for an RPG buddy to help, feel free to contact me through PM :) I don't bite!

Good luck and I hope you have as much fun as I have here on RPG!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Posh.0
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello there Silverbelle!

I'm thrilled that you've decided to join us. There is soo much to do here at Role Play Gateway! I've compiled a little crash course of links that I found most helpful when I first joined the site 2 years ago! I hope it can help you learn how to navigate the site quickly!

First thing is first, here is the Rules and Regulations here at RPG! It's always best to review those just so you're up to snuff on all the new stuff!

If you want a run-down of the site I'd love to point you in THIS DIRECTION Here you will find threads showing you how to find, start, and join role plays as well as other OOC content! Or, if you'd rather keep reading - this is a vastly condensed Lilaiy version ;]

You'll notice on the tab system at the top of your screen you have a tab labeled Roleplay If you click this tab it will show you pages and pages of Roleplays that you can browse through. You can also pick keywords that will hide certain roleplays or highlight them.

Next, you'll notice the RPG Forum tab. Here you'll find anything and everything! No, really! There's a forum called The Creative Realm that you can post artwork and creations in. There is also a forum called Interest Checks where people talk about what kind of roleplays they would be interested in starting. And, of course, the Roleplayers Wanted forum, where GM's can advertise for their newly started roleplays! There is also a great section called The Role Play Academy. Here you can ask questions, get advice from the Mentors, read tips and pointers from the pros, etc! You can also tell these wonderful individuals apart by the color of their user names!

Navy Blue = Mentors
Bright Blue = Coders
Green = Mods
Orange = Designers
Yellow = Contributors
Red = Creator/Administrators
Black = Normal folks like you and me!
I.Think.I.Covered.Them.All

If you're looking for some advice/help becoming a better role player (because -seriously- who isn't!) I would definitely suggest poking a Mentor or posting something in the Mentor Workshop thread! They are phenomenal and begging to be peppered with questions! Right? >:]

And finally, we have the Chat System. There is one large OOC chat, and an individual IC chats for each roleplay. So, as you can see there are many things to do, see and read! I hope this post wasn't too long! I tried to give you the short-long of it ;]

If you have any other questions, either post them here/check around the forum/or ask in the OOC chat! I've always found this community to be more than helpful!

*looks around* Do I get a cherry slushie now?
*BAMBI EYES!*
;]
-Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 am

Wow. Lilaiy went all out! I really enjoyed the fancy purple font. ;) I believe that is more than deserving of a cherry slushie. *Throws said slushie through the internet to Lilaiy*

So, welcome Silverbelle221! Lilaiy did an awesome job touring the site. I myself would like to provide a little direction!

When I was new here, I especially had problems with the layout of posting. When you post (either on a roleplay or in a forum) you end up typing your reply in this handy blue-outlined box! Above this wonderful box, there is a row of gray buttons. They let you bold, italicize, and underline things, as well as enabling you to quote other people, enter codes, insert images, share URLs, etc.

Now I, being a complete and utter newbie, had no idea how to use any of this. I barely managed to figure out how to bold, italicize, and underline stuff. When you hit a button, something like this appears:

[b ][/b]

That's bolding things. To have bold text, just insert whatever you want bolded in between the brackets. When you hit the button, it automatically places your typing bar in the right place.

Yay my text is bold!

Everything pretty much works the same.

Now I'm italicized!

Woohoo for underlining, it makes this look important!

Quoting...

Now for images. This really gave me a headache... mostly because I lack common sense! It actuality, this is very simple.

When you click the "Img" button, it gives you this:

[img ][/img]

Then all you have to do is copy and paste the url for the image in between the brackets. Again, the typing bar is automatically placed in the correct place for you. This way you can add in fun images:

Like so. After this preliminary knowledge, you can pretty much figure everything else out! You probably knew how to do all of this anyway... but just in case, I posted this. I shall end with color.

WELCOME TO ROLEPLAY GATEWAY

Yes, I do realize that orange is a gaudy color... but I like it anyway. :)

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 am

Whew lots of good and helpful people around here. Awesome. You're in good hands Silverbelle. We have some of the most awesome people ever if you can't already tell. :D
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverbelle221 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Yay i can actually understand what you all said (other than some of the gaudy orange words but yeah..) Thanks for the big welcome!

Silverbelle221
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:32 pm

*Explodes in a very blue fashion into the thread*

Sorry I'm late. Welcome to Gateway. If you need any help feel free to ask. Don't give Lil sugar.

Kay bai.

*Explodes*
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:07 pm

*sudden pounce!*

*hughughughug* *fussfussfuss*
Aww ^-^ you're so cute I just wanna take you home with me~

I'm new too! -^w^- Hooray for people who don't know any better! lol
Salarian used Genophage ... ... It's Massively Effective!

Proxidog
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverbelle221 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:59 pm

haha :) I feel welcomed.

Silverbelle221
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!