Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shhhhh I have a secret! (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Shhhhh I have a secret! (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxsamXxtwilight on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Blake whimpered as she saw her mothers hand come down and smack her across the face. She looked up at her mother from the floor. She was in a pair of dirty jeans and a tank top. Blake looked up at her mother. She looked just like her mother, except her mother looked way older then her actual age of 45. She looked older because of the smoking, drinking and drugs. She may have also looked older from stress. Her mother had a cigarette imbetween her lips and was high as a kite. You could tell by looking at her pinched up tan face.

"get out of here you filthy animal."her mother hissed her at her in her raspy voice that had gotten that way from years of chain smoking. Blake nodded and got up running up to her room. It was messy and unpainted. It hadn't been updated since she was eight so everything was small and she had to curl up or squat down.

She layed on her pink princess bed that was brand knew when she was little. It was about two feet to short for her so she had to curl up and hug herself. She looked at the blankets."they used to look so pretty" she though. But threw years of cigarette burns from her parents, tears and rape, the blanket looks run down. She was so glad her dad was already passed out from the many drugs and alcohol he took. No rape tonight. "thank god."She breathed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning she woke up and went to her dresser. She pulled out a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt with a random design on it. Her parents always made sure she looked nice and had brand new clothes that fit and looked nice, just so they wouldn't get caught by the state. She went down the hall and took a shower. She pulled on her clothes and brushed her hair putting it up in a pony tail. She did her make up and walked out. She grabbed her backpack and ran out the door as fast as she could.

She walked down the side walk to her bus stop, touching her cheek gently. She covered all her bruises with makeup to make sure no one found out. She didn't like being questioned.

The bus came and she got on, sitting in the very first seat. She stared out the window not wanting to be talked to. When they got to school she sat on one of the many concrete squares they have to sit on. She sat on the one farthest from the rest and began to read her book. Reading got her away from everyone and everything. She forgot about most of her problems when reading.
I'm always looking for a RP partner, so if you want to do a RP with me, shoot me a pm!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxsamXxtwilight
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Shhhhh I have a secret! (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeliSnail on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:16 am

Beep Beep
The alarmclock woke Kira up.
Wiping the sleep from her eyes she slammed it and turned it off, then got up. She walked to the dresser and got out some clothes, then went to the bathroom. The girl's bathroom was pretty big. On the left side, there was a row of sinks with mirrors above them. On he right side, there were shower cabins. Only one of the showers was occupied. It was probably Liz, she always got up earlier than Kira.
Liz was 14 and a freshman at Kira's school. Her parents died in a car accident when she was 9 and she arrived at the orphanage at the same time as Kira. Because of this, they've been like sisters ever since. Liz had short blond hair and brown eyes.
Kira put her clothes on one of the bars next to the sinks and took a towel from the cupboard, then took a shower.

When Kira entered the kitchen, Liz was already sitting at the table, eating some toast. Since they were the only ones in the orphanage that left this early, they had breakfast in the kitchen instead of the dining room like the others, who were not yet in highschool.
"Morning!" she said when she saw Kira entering.
"Morning!" Kira put a slice of bread in the toaster and poured some orange juice in a glass.
"Any important events at school today?" she asked while sipping her orange juice.
"Not really, just cheerleading practise, so I won't be able to go to the park with the kids today."
Ping, the toast jumped up. Kira smeared some jam on it then took a bite.
"Ish alrighwt." she said with her mouth full. She looked at the clock.
"Oops, gotta go." She took her lunch from the fridge. Mrs. Mason, the head of the orphanage, always made them lunch. She didn't like cafeteria food.
"Can't you just take the bus for once? It's boring, sitting here alone."
Kira put the lunch in her bag.
"No way, skating is way more fun!" she put on her sneakers, that were standing next to the backdoor.
"Meaning: you don't want people to know you live in an orphanage." Liz said, with a cold voice.
Kira froze. This was true, she knew it. She didn't know why, but she never wanted people to know she didn't have caring, loving parents. She grabbed her bag and walked out the door.
"Kira wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way!"
But Kira had already grabbed her skate board and started running out the backyard. When she arrived at the still almost empty street, she jumped on her skateboard and started riding down the street to school. She always left earlier to take another route thatn the bus, so it looked like she came from another neighbourhood. She buttoned up her shirt, since it was still rather cold and she'd forgotten to take a jacket.

When Kira arrived at school, the bus had just arrived. She saw Liz step out and waved. She knew she actually should appologize to her, she didn't. She stepped of her skateboard and entered the school. She put her skateboard in her locker along with the books she wouldn't need before the break.
She went outside again and sat down on the stair in front of the school, looking around to see if she could find some of her friends.
... in bed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeliSnail
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonara Stone on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Ally Craston woke up to the droning of her stupid alarm clock. With a soft growl she rolled over, her arm slamming down on it with a loud crack. She heard footsteps down the hall. Crap! She quickly pulled the covers over her legs, hiding the scars and cuts just in time as her aunt peeked her head in the door. Her aunt was her mother's older sister, much older actually, 56. She wore old khaki's and a patterned t-shirt that must have been in style in the 60s. Her aunt looked her up and down, watching her carefully.

"Your not smiling." Her aunts voice was high-pitched and aristocratic, as was her manner. She was very strict but had never abused Ally, at least not physically. Ally smiles sweetly to the lady, a perfect smile that no one on earth would be able to tell was faked. Her aunt, satisfied with her niece's happiness turned and left the room, the door clicking shut behind her. Abby scrambled off the futon that served as a bed and over to her closet, where she changed into a long pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt with a vintage print of the beatles. She sighed softly, ignoring the feeling in her chest like her heart was being squeezed from all angles. she moved over to the bathroom, sliding out her flat iron and plugging it in.

"Now where are you.." She whispered to herself as she slid a finger along the top of the bathroom mirror for the telltale piece of wire. Feeling it she carefully slid the razor out from the wire tied to it, setting it on the counter. She picked up her cell phone, a older model and rather large blackberry, and pulled out the battery. She picked up the razor and dragged it across her arm, not applying enough pressure for it to even hurt. Then she slid it into the battery compartment, snapping on the lid and pocketing the phone and battery seperately. Then she was out the door and down the stairs, her converse gently thudding against the wood floors as she entered the kitchen. She grabbed a granola bar and left as quickly as possible, avoiding her aunt and uncle. They would make her sit and eat and she wouldn't get a chance to check on her car. She walked out and down the street to the used car lot three blocks down. She pressed her face against the glass so she could see the vintage mustang sitting inside the showroom. Only four more months and it was hers.

"Are you getting in?" The gruff voice broke her thoughts and she turned to see the school bus stopped about ten feet down the street. She nodded, moving and stepping up into the dirty bus with a sigh. She moved down the tiny aisle, keeping her eyes low as she sat down in the first empty seat. The ride was uneventful, and finally she got to the school. Swamped by people she slowly made her way to her locker, only to find a gruff looking jock kissing a cheerleader against it. She stood and waited.. and waited.. until finally they moved out of the way as the bell rang. She sighed, grabbing her books and turning around to see an empty hall. She sighed, already imagining her aunts overreaction to the tardy slip.

Sonara Stone
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikoto on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Katrina groaned as the alarm clock beside her erupted into a loud obnoxious bleep bleep bleep she ran her fingers sharply through her long platinum blond hair, she swatted at the loud contraption, eventually giving up with a sigh and yanking it unplugged from the wall. She slumped down in bed, feeling slightly dizzy.
"Damn morning sickness..." she moaned, rolling onto her side, at least it doesn't feel like I'm going to throw up this time. She thought with a breath of relief.
With a groan she parted from her warm and welcoming cot, brushing the pale blue covers aside and extending her legs in front of her to push herself to her feet, pushing her arms above her head and yawning. Eyes drooping slightly, she dragged her feet as she walked over to her chipped wooden dresser, jerking it open and shuffling through rows of clothing.

Finally she selected a pink zebra print hoodie and a pair of tattered skinny jeans. She ran a comb through her hair, fastening a pink streak in it and leaning in toward the mirror to apply her makeup. She applied a thick layer of eyeliner and face powder and a small amount of blush, brushing her teeth quickly and flinging her black shoulder bag with countless pins decorating it over her shoulder and rushing out the door.

She rushed toward the bus stop, her bag hitting her waist in tune to her footsteps. She flew down the sidewalk, maneuvering through crowds of people and sliding to a stop at her destination, spotting the bus pulling up to the curb in front of her, the doors creaking open. A river of people flooded on to the bus, Katrina at the front of them as she scrambled to get a seat.

She seated herself with a sigh, leaning against the window, her breath clouding the petrifying cold glass. The bus reeked of coffee, and the floor was sticky, but she was used to it, with no money to buy a car and no parents or brother to drive her.

The bus arrived at her stop several minutes later, the doors moaning as they slid open. Katrina pushed herself up quickly, she was one of three people getting off at the particular stop. She walking quickly down the aisle, leaping down the steps and taking off running as soon as her feet hit the ground. The school was only a few blocks up, she was calmed by the rhythmic beat of her feet against the cement.

Finally she arrived at the school yard. She stepped inside the gates and made her way over to where her classmate Blake was sitting.
"Hey." she said with a warm smile. "Why the long face?" the girl always seemed to be like that, so quiet, it always made Katrina wonder what was going on in her head.

Mikoto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxsamXxtwilight on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:42 am

Blake heard the foot steps stop in front of her. "hey"She heard someone say to her but she didn't look up. No one really talked to her so she figured the girl was talking to someone else. When she didn't hear anyone respond she looked around seeing no one was around her but katrina. She looked at the girl. She liked her hoodie."hello?"She asked gently and her hard,cold,emotionless eyes looked at her face but not in her eyes,never in the eyes.

She bit her lip wondering why she was being talked to at all. It must be a prank, it had to be. But until than she would be as friendly as possible not wanting to scared away any potential friend. A slight breeze passed by that made her smile just a bit. The wind and the smell of what ever was in the air always made her happy. around this time of year it was leaves or burning leaves, which she loved the smell of.

XxsamXxtwilight
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeliSnail on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 am

Kira got up. She didn't like sitting stil, so she slowly started walking to the classroom. On her way to there she spotted Ally, a girl from her class, waiting for a kissing jock and cheerleader couple to move away from her locker.
"Goodmorning!" Kira said, as Ally took out her books.
Last edited by MeliSnail on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeliSnail
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangs150 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 am

The alarm clock blared in an attempt to wake up the young seventeen year old with no luck whatsoever. All the beeping noise sent a concerned mother upstairs to see why it was taking so long for her son to get up and get ready for school. In an attempt to wake her son up she violently shakes and yells in his ear and finally her plan was falling through.

Cayden awoke to the screaming and shaking of his mother, but what really did the trick in making him conscious was the aroma of coffee that billowed through his open door. Rubbing the night crusts from his eye he could see his mother was all ready for work. His mother was a lawyer and she was wearing her usual business suit and wore her hair in a bun.

The teenager knew his mother wouldn’t leave the room until she saw some progress of him getting ready for school so he sat up, wrapped a blanket over his nude body so his mother wouldn’t know he went commando on most hot nights, and shuffled to the mahogany wardrobe that had all his clothing. Cayden pulled out a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a band tee he recently bought from Hot Topic and continued his morning routine by going into his own private bathroom in the house. After getting dressed he began fixing his hair but looking in the mirror he hated the figure staring back at him, never perfect. He carried on thought and ran out the door before his mother could offer his starving body nourishment.

The teenager loved this part of the day. He loved walking to the school he attended and seeing other people and the rest of his block begin to rise with the son and most of all he loved seeing the nature on his walks. He loved hearing the birds chirp and when Autumn was near he loved seeing all the green leaves change their color and cascade into red, oranges, and yellow piles.

fangs150
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxsamXxtwilight on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:33 am

((Melisnail, once again you need a character sheet and for me to approve it before you post anything. Also i will say when and if the bell rings so don't say that their late and the bell is ringing. No one is late for not everyone has posted yet. So until you make your character i will be ignoreingall your posts. And for whom ever wrote that they were late do not do it again and please go back and change it. Sorry if i sound immature or bitchy but you wouldn't want people taking over your RP now would you?))

XxsamXxtwilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeliSnail on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:04 pm

[[ Okay, I re-submitted a character sheet and changed my post, is it better now? :3 ]]

MeliSnail
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxsamXxtwilight on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:26 pm

((its not up))

XxsamXxtwilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeliSnail on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm

[[ re-submitted it again, this time I DID get a confirmation message thingy ]]

MeliSnail
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nirvana on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Zachary woke up in a state of confusion. His room was dark, and he realized his alarm didn't go off. "Shit," he whispered to himself as he threw on his pants, realizing that he would not be taking a shower this morning. At least he didn't smell bad. Once he got fully dressed he walked downstairs to see his grandma, Alex, laying on the floor obviously in a drunken stupor. Then it hit him; He had a fucking hangover. As the numbness slowly released itself from his body, he realized that he might have smoked and drank a little too much last night. "Oh well," he thought to himself, "past is past." After a successful search for cigarettes and painkillers, he walked into the kitchen. The place was a goddamn mess. No one had bothered to clean it up in weeks. With a sigh, he grabbed a jug of orange juice and chugged it down with the pills. Once he lit the cigarette and inhaled, he was fine.

"Time to go to school..." He slowly got up and placed the juice in the deteriorating fridge, grabbed what was left of his backpack, and walked out without saying a word. He knew he'd find his grandma there in the same spot when he got back. He finished the cigarette and stomped it out, then checked how many were in the package. To his dismay, there were only three. He'd have to spread them out. Shoving them back in the bag, he half-jogged the rest of the way to the bus stop so he wouldn't be late.

Nirvana
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikoto on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Katrina couldn't help but feel bad for Blake as she looked around her, as if she thought she had spoken to someone else. She obviously didn't have many good friends. She was very quiet after all.

Katrina cocked her head slightly as Blake answered with a meek "Hey", she took the seat beside her, seeing as it was empty.
"Is something wrong?" she asked, leaning forward slightly. As a cleansing Autumn breeze whisked through the school yard, she thought she saw the trace of a smile on Blake's face. She couldn't hold back the smile that crept on to her face as well. She loved Autumn and always had. To her, Autumn was the last time a person had to enjoy what was left of the time before everything died away. It was a time of gratefulness.

Mikoto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nirvana on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:08 pm

As Zachary walked up the courtyard, he started to feel the cravings again. "...So soon?" he whispered to himself, pausing his otherwise confident stride for a moment. He felt a neediness crawl and shiver up his spine, waiting to hit him like a bullet. Zack closed his eyes and shook his head, as if they would go away.

They didn't.

The best he could do was to continue through the school day and try to ride it out. He had some more at home, he could take it then. Until then, at least he had his cigarettes.. Damnit! Now he needed one of those. "Lunchtime," he thought. "I'll smoke it at lunchtime..." He started his stride towards the school again, and noticed two of his classmates, Katrina and.. And.. Blake sitting off to the side. He walked past them, nodding slightly towards them in recognition. He was still a stranger to this school, this being his first year. He still had no friends. Then again, he didn't really care enough to make new ones... "...But you have to try..." His thoughts conflicted with him. He pushed everyone away, yet wanted nothing more than to have a close friendship. Everything was torn away from him so fast, it hit him so hard... He took a look at himself. Even his physique was failing. While he still had a lean, muscular body, he had lost a lot of weight since then.

"I gotta start working out again... That'll help." He still wasn't convinced.

Nirvana
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonara Stone on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Ally looked up, seeing a girl looking at her. She had seen her around and they had spoken a few times.. but Ally didn't really know her. She mentally cursed herself for looking so stupid as she fumbled to close her locker with the arm-full of books. "Goodmorning!" The girl spoke in a cheery voice, smiling at her. Ally smiled back, looking just as happy in return, and so good at the act, while she did it she actually ~felt~ happy.

"Hey." Ally spoke, her voice having a slight accent that sounded exotic but you couldn't really place. She chuckled softly, remembering the girl was in her first period. "Well, we better go before Ms.Whitesman whips our butts." She chuckled softly and started down the hall, feeling for once like a normal girl instead of a freak. But it wouldn't last, it never, ever did.

Sonara Stone
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeliSnail on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:14 am

"Well, we better go before Ms.Whitesman whips our butts." Ally said.
Kira laughed.
"Probably, yeah." she said as she walked along with Ally.
When they arrived at the classroom, the door was still locked.
"Guess we're early." Kira said and she leaned against the wall, tapping her foot on the beat of a song she had stuck in her head.
"So.." Kira thought of something to say to break the silence.
"You a beatles fan?" Though Kira didn't know a lot abou it, music was always an easy subject to talk about.

MeliSnail
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxsamXxtwilight on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

"nothings wrong."She said instantally tugging down the sleeves to her hoodie to cover the bruises on her arms. She was shocked she sat by her. Wow, no one ever really talked to her or sat by her. She was accually shocked she was being talked to. Since Blake didn't have anyfriend or talk to anyone she wasn't sure what to say. "why do you ask?"She asked gently. Did she look like she was upset. She didn't mean to look that way.

She smiled kindly at Katrina. She was happy someone was talking to her and was happy that she got to be away from her parents for at least a little while.

XxsamXxtwilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangs150 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Cayden was a couple blocks away from school when he forgot the most important accessory for his walk, his iPod. He stopped on the sidewalk pulling off his red backpack off his back and scrambled around looking for the small slick green device that held all his music. Music to Cayden was just important as life in his opinion. He loved the concept that even the famous singers felt the same way as an average person by conveying those feelings into a song.

Popping his skullcandy headphones he turned on listening to the familiar South African hip-hop band Die Antwoord. Even though the teenager came off as an emo type of boy he loved all kinds of music even the foreign kind. The electronic bass and Afikaans language sent a wave of happiness through Cayden's body which was a great way to start his day. He saw that people were slowly beginning to pour into school but he had time to spare so he decided to sit on the stairs right outside the front entrance of the school to get some last minute cramming in. He occasionally waved and said hey to a familiar passerby.

fangs150
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!