Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Short, Sweet, and Simple

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Short, Sweet, and Simple

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:01 pm

As the title would suggest, I'm looking for roleplayers interested in embarking on a journey that is short, sweet, and simple. This would mean joining a roleplay where all replies are brief and concise; exploring a world as it is built with each new post; and utilizing characters as finely fleshed out as the descriptions and names used to give them birth. Obviously, a game of this nature would be heavily character driven, requiring highly imaginative players that can constantly steer the story in different directions and create interesting scenarios. If you think you can do that and also consider yourself a literate writer, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you to put those skills to use.

DISCLAIMER: my search for entertainment has lead me to literary devices such as roleplaying. However, a time constraint limits what I am able to pursue. That being said, I'm not looking for a group or game to commit to and begin a serious, year long endeavor. I would consider this whole thing a success if only a few weeks of consistent activity was seen before it died and everyone dropped off the radar. The height of dedication should be those who have five or ten minutes to spare between the lull in action at work or school. Not even those who can thread bomb should feel welcome here. I'm sure this seems like a lot and may be off putting to many, which is why it is here as an interest check. But as long as your goal aligns with mine, of which is to have fun and derive a semblance of what it feels like to be part of a roleplay, then you should at least give this a chance.

ImageI have more than a few ideas for a plot, but I’m only going to go into detail on the most prominent one. The idea I have in mind is heavily based on two mini-games from the open-world-shooter Watch Dogs. These mini-games are known as Digital Trips; both revolve around an alien menace in the form of machines attempting to invade and conquer our planet. By borrowing from these Digital Trips we establish a foundation to build upon and effectively eliminate more than half of the opposition we would have faced when roleplaying dynamically. The Digital Trips take place in a world similar to our own: a modern society that is only slightly more technologically advanced. The conflict, a war between humans and the machines, is very malleable, able to conform to our desires with little to no alteration. Plot points can be conceived easily, allowing us to form arcs and create scenarios. Like I said though, these are two different, albeit, similar stories. I’ll explain both below and if this overall theme gains the majority vote, we will choose one of the two. Oh, and my own ideas are not the only ones I am open to using, if you have any suggestions you should make them known.

Last Light (Watch Dogs: Digital Trip: Alone)
    ImageLast Light is a bleak, desolate world where our characters will face overwhelming odds in a fight against a seemingly unconquerable foe. Set in an alternate future, you will explore a Darkened Chicago, governed and controlled by robotic sentries commanded over the CtOS. We are all that remain of humanity, a small cell of rebels who have managed to survive by running and hiding. But by weaponizing the CtOS for ourselves, we have learned how to fight back using guerilla warfare and exploiting weaknesses in the enemy force. When the invasion began there was no war to wage, yet a new discovery will see to the first of many battles. Amidst this darkness, the districts shrouded in dusk, there are generators which power it. It is up to us to deactivate these generators and restore Chicago to its former state.

Colorblind (Watch Dogs: Digital Trip: Conspiracy!)
    ImageColorblind is a look through a glass darkly, and what our protagonists see is an abhorrent truth lying just beneath the surface. In the future, the world’s population is controlled by alien colonizers. These aliens are cyborgs who conceal their appearance in order to hide in plain sight. It’s likely that you may have passed them on the street, seen them on TV, or even voted for one… all the while thinking they were normal people just like you. But the deception doesn’t end there; they have been acclimatizing earth since 1958, inducing the masses into a disillusioned state generated by subliminal messaging. They have created a repressive society and we are their unwitting accomplices. Their intention to rule rests with the annihilation of consciousness. We have been lulled into a trance. Fortunately, not all of us are so blind. Through the efforts of a few, the truth behind this global conspiracy will be made public but not without engaging in an epic battle with the hidden forces that control the world. You are one of these truth seekers tasked with searching and destroying the enemy before it is too late -- only we can fight and stop the invasion.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Short, Sweet, and Simple

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:46 pm

"My thread hasn't been dead for long. Look, there is still some color in it's face.
It's soul is probably still at the gate. I just have to pull it back!
The same way it did for me...
"

[B U M P]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!