Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Since I've finally got some more time on my hands I'm planning on starting up a few long planned projects of mine. I'm planning on starting them all, but I need to recruit enough people to maintain them before I do. So if you're interested in one or more of these ideas, please put your name down for them by posting here.

1: Dark Messiah- A modern day paranormal horror/thriller.

As the new millenium unfolds ancient forces awaken. Some grasp at power, others seek oblivion, but some wish only to exist peacefully along side us. All around the world people are developing strange powers and horrifying creatures are beginning to appear, shrouded in urban legends. Ancient creatures, dormant for centuries, frozen beneath the artic tundra and the earth’s crust stir as demons and spirits fight to break the barriers between their world and ours. It is a world where the real meets the mythical as modern day sorcerers battle alongside vampires and the creatures of the night to protect our world from lovecraftian horrors and demons of myth.

Players can take on a number of roles on either side, from mundane humans drawn into the chaos to psychics, magicians, newly empowered humans gifted with extraordinary supernatural powers to vampires, werewolves and even demons. Dark Messiah will be a combination of open world and plot based RP as there will be a number of plot threads covering the major factions and races, all of which will intertwine into a larger central narrative as the RP progresses.

2: The Prince- A fantasy Shakespearean tragedy.

Over a decade ago the nation of Valania, which for so long had stood as the last line of defence against the mighty empire of Sarife was occupied and subjugated by the forces of Sarife. The new nobles and aristocrats of Valania plot amongst themselves, vying for power in the new regime. How will they cope when the murder of a prominent member of the court casts suspiciion upon them all and the brewing revolution threatens to tear the nation apart?

Participants will take on the roles of the rulers and nobles of this country as a revolution goes on around them. Cue lots of Machiavellian scheming and plotting with/against one another as the balance of power changes. Fighting and warfare will provide the background but the focus will be on the relationships and alliances/betrayals formed between players as they vie for power. This RP is story based. Character interaction is the aim of the game, with the various factions and characters plotting to outwit and out manoeuvre one another on the political stage. The plot itself centres around the struggles of an occupied nation and the power struggles between the ruling class of invaders and the revolutionaries and freedom fighters who wish to overthrow their oppressors.

3: (Untitled)- Light hearted slice of life comedy/fantasy.

The story of a group of individuals and the events of their every day lives in a city where anything can happen. All seems normal on the surface, however not everything is as it appears, strange things seem to happen in the oddest circumstances. Talking animals, witches and wizards, peculiar weather patterns and conspiracy theories come true abound in Bay City.

Players take the role of various residents of Bay City, who can range from the mundane to the fantastic. It is a setting where, but where, despite it taking part in our world most of the inhabitants just accept it as part of life. So noone finds anything odd about a guy walking around in full samurai regalia with a sword. A talking alley cat is treated with an "I must be hearing things. Oh well." Nekos and what have you are seen as perfectly ordinary. "What, you've never seen someone with cat ears and a tail where you come from? Wierd.", Magical girls and the like are running around fighting monsters at night while trying to keep it a secret from the rest of the town. The main plot would involve the coming together of the various characters to live under one roof and the complications that arise from their interactions.

So there we have it. As I say, if you're interested in one or more of these concepts then please post here and hopefully we can work up enough players to get cracking sooner rather than later.

Have fun.
Last edited by Mr D on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Sign ups for upcoming RPs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Dark Messiah, one definite vote! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:12 pm

I might be interested in the last one.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GourmetItalia on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Mr. D, you already know I'm joining the second roleplay so without any delay, sign me up for roleplay number 2 8).

GourmetItalia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:59 pm

I'll order a number 1 and a number 3, please.
Last edited by Kallas Redwater on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Haha. I got a bit confused there for a second. I completely forgot to reorder them from the last thread. Fixed.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candice on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:00 am

I would be interested in 1 or 2 if you get enough people for them!

Candice
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:38 am

You know I'm in if you restart number three. :) I've been waiting.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:21 am

Right, so the current tally (excluding myself of course):

Dark Messiah 123 (I think we need a couple more on this one before I start it up.)

The Prince 12 (I'm looking for a group of 3-5 for this one, so we only need one more person.)

Idea #3 123 (Same as #1 We need a couple more players to make it worthwhile.)

And any suggestions for a title to #3 are welcome. I'm terrible at titles.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfPeacock on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:07 pm

I'd still be interested in #3, although I think I would (probably) make a non-normal character this time around :)

ProfPeacock
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arxis on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Dark Messiah, hands down, sign me up

Arxis
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:24 pm

The Prince sounds like a good idea. Sign me up! PM when its up and running.

Darccannan
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Give me number one please, looks great

cretetts
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Sounds to me like it's time to start up Dark Messiah again. >:D

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedWren223 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 am

dark messiah sounds awesome
"I love when we're Cruisin' together"
Warren Kara Knight Spencer Tegan Knight Mariah Jaylin Kayle Knight
    Live Laugh Love Lie

"Friends will come and bail you out of jail, but best friends will be sitting beside you, laughing and plotting your escape"

RedWren223
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:07 am

It does look that way. Same with The Prince possibly. I'll get to setting up Dark Messiah later today most likely.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

Dark Messiah is a-go I'll be PMing everyone who said they'd be interested so we can get underway ASAP.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:07 am

Sorry on the late response. I am possibly interested in this. Just depends on the details

zhill
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:41 am

Well then pop on over to the thread and sign up a character. ;)

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:54 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that the other RPs are still on their way, I'm currently negotiating a few things with some of my long standing partners. I'll also be looking for a couple more people for 3.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!