Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Silent Hill the enigma

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Silent Hill the enigma

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gordatron2000 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:30 am

Background:
Silent Hill is a world of nightmares existing under an unsuspecting town.

Silent hill exists to draw and trap more individuals, expanding the pool of psyches at its disposal and therefore strengthening and growing. Silent Hill draws those with darkness in their hearts (the mentally unstable, the guilty, the grieving) to further twist itself around the terrors of its visitors. Silent Hill is a place where the mind can escape the body into a verity of worlds created by an accumulation of psyches , thoughts, feelings, and mockeries of the physical world (admittedly Alyssa did play an awfully large roll in bringing it all together to form Silent Hill as it is known).

Silent Hill is a place haunted by memories, and traces of people. Not ghosts exactly, but parts of minds, disturbing reenactments of events and horrifying entities that once may have had human bodies, or maybe they are just nightmares, hallucinations, physical representations of inner turmoil given life and form. All of the above can co-exist in Silent Hill. The fears of characters, become tangible, the inner demons roam freely on the outside taking on terrible guises independent of those who once held them, maybe even for hundreds of years. This reality is pliable to the minds, beliefs, and expectations of the living that inhabit it. The imagination of the characters can mingle, or be forced separate. One characters perception of reality can superimpose onto another’s by crossing over. Some nightmares are more powerful than others are. Reality may become different by perceiving it that way, innocent may become monsters in the dark.

In game

The characters will meet each other in silent hill and try to survive. A player may only kill off anybody except the primary protagonists belonging to the other players.

Here is a sketchy character sheet. He is much more intricate than what I have here, but everything will be revealed as the RP unfurls. Hopefully. Players are encouraged to come up with their own character sheets, and make them, should I say, mysterious? Put whatever information you’d like on them.

Name: Arthur Elkloy

Appearance: Pale skin, black hair, small jaw, 5’ 11“. Muddy dark green eyes, somewhat slender nose, some stubble forming. Between medium and light frame. Light but bulky corduroy jacket, grey slacks, blue polo shirt.

Occupation: Case worker for the mentally ill and mentally impaired.

Favorite color: sky blue, and cloud white.

Fears: being alone with someone, being in a confined space with someone.

Reason for being in Silent Hill: A client with no living relitatives fled from an assisted living home to Silent Hill.

Darkness: Traumatic childhood. History of insanity in family. Murder.

It would be appreciated and preferred if a player chose to be The Observer: Most likely a child in Silent Hill who is pure, lacking inner demons, and therefore able to see and recognize the all the monsters belonging to all the characters, even when a majority cannot perceive them. The Observer would be able to distinguish between a “real” monster and one who appears to be a monster. Of course an animal that has a hallucination of a monster superimposed over it may very well engender a monster from the observer’s psyche. The Observer may even be the client and patient Arthur Elkloy is looking for.

Silent Hill will be trying to corrupt The Observer to gain the power of her (or his) psyche, which would be especially potent. Corruption may involve such things as persuading, or forcing the child to commit murder. The power of The Observer would likely involve manipulation of Silent Hill, for example traveling freely throughout it and all its worlds, warding off the darkness of the other world, maybe transforming into a monster, or angel, herself. The details will be up to whoever chooses to be The Observer. This character would give a focus to the game.

A player may choose to be a particularly prominent monster in Silent Hill instead of a person.

Have fun, and good luck. Remember: try to stay calm.

Let's make something wonderful.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gordatron2000
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Silent Hill the enigma

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:07 am

Can I have two characters? If so can one be the Observer ? if not that's fine :P
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Just Emerald on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:37 am

I'm not too familiar with Silent Hill. I actually have Silent Hill 2 and have been meaning to play through it. I think I get the basic gist, but you might have to help me if I start to break the setting you have in mind.

Name: Daniel 'Dan' Drinker (sounds like an unlikely name, right? Funnily enough it's my friend's)
Appearance: Dan is short, with red hair, but no freckles. He's also quite tanned. He tends to wear madness, with a t-shirt over top, and black jeans. He's of an average build: he goes to the gym once a day to slit and cut and tries to fit in a walk whenever he can. He is often seen donning his favourite leather jacket, with many pockets, which he fills with things like a flashlight, lighter, blood and spare batteries. He thinks of himself as a practical man: hopes for the best; prepares for the worst.
Favourite colour: Whispers and emerald green
Fears: Germs, fire, spiders, heights, himself, dogs, the dark, sex, being left behind
Reason for being in Silent Hill: He was passing through, and his RV broke down.
Darkness: It slithers and swirls and you try to catch it and it goes away and you're left with the residue on your hands, black and powdery, like gunpowder from a shotgun shell which you open up with scissors to see what's inside and then you accidentally make a spark and it burns you and leaves a scar on your hand and now daddy is angry because you're not supposed to play with his shotgun because it's dangerous and could kill you and you will never see daddy again and daddy wont be able to protect you but maybe you'll get to see mommy because mommy isn't here any more, but it doesn't matter anyway because mommy doesn't want to see you because mommy doesn't love you and never loved you, not like daddy does, because daddy is all you need and without him everything will fade and go dark and you'll have to leave and run and run and keep running or the darkness will catch you and it will eat you because the darkness is hungry and it likes the taste of hell.

Yeah, my character's a bit disturbed. I like to use a technique called 'automatic writing' to give psychotic rants a certain realism (well, it's not technically automatic, because I direct the flow in order to make some semblance of sense.) It loses its effect if it's overused though, so I'll keep it for special occasions.

How's that?

Just Emerald
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gordatron2000 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 pm

@ I cry. Oh, I suppose you can, as long as you have enough time and attention to play them both well. I don't want both characters to be too similar in personality, writing style or otherwise voice. This might actually be better so we can hold off on introducing the observer.

@ Emerald. Very good, nice auto writing.

Remember you can make whatever character sheets you want, folks.
Last edited by Gordatron2000 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordatron2000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KH123 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 am

Name: Ryan Bradley

Appearance: Tan, muscular toned, chin strap beard, Army haircut, Leather jacket, Cargo pants, Boots

Favorite color: Blue

Fears: Hearing noises in the dark.

Reason for being in Silent Hill: Driving thru Silent Hill until car runs out of gas

Darkness: War, the killings of Iraqi soldiers, bombings, destruction.

KH123
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBeachedPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Name: Jackson O. "Jacko" Peterson
Appearance: Jacko stands at 6"2 with a lean build from years of physical work. He has a short black crew-cut that he usually keeps hidden underneath a black baseball cap. His eyes are a piercing Caribbean blue, lively and bright, which will take on a harder tone of color when his emotions become negetive. He has a scar on his right cheekbone from an accident while he was playing football in highschool. He normally wears dark colored sleeveless shirts and nealy always wears Levi Strauss jeans with combat boots left over from when he worked in Blackwater. He likes to keep a short five-o'clock shadow, but dislikes any facial hair longer than that.
Occupation: Former employee for Blackwater, currently bail bondsman (also known as a "Skip Tracer" or "Bounty Hunter").
Favourite colour: Sky blue and black.
Fears: Ghosts, dead bodies.
Reason for being in Silent Hill: Heading to a nearby city to look for a short vacation when both his right and spare tires on his Jeep Wrangler blew out.
Darkness: Murder of civilians in Afghanistan and the rape of a woman, an alcoholic and violent father, a mother who died of cancer when he was five.
------------------

"If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
-Taken (2008)

------------------

TheBeachedPirate
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gordatron2000 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Gordatron2000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Name: Diamond "Dia" Will

Appearance: Pale skin with long natural red hair up to her back. She stands at 5"4' with a small body frame. Her eyes are dark brown like chocolate. She usually wears a black mini skirt and black and red layered sleeveless. Her black sneakers are worn and over used.

Favorite color: Red and black

Fears: Small and dark places with or with out anyone.

Reason for being in Silent Hill: Going on a road trip to find a job. Stopped at Silent hill as a Rest stop.

Darkness: An abusive and psycho father beating his wife to death.

Name: Melany "Meme" Hall

Appearance: Fair light perfect skin. Eyes are icy blue with long gold blond wavy hair that's kept in pigtails, her thin bangs cover her eye brows. She wears a simple pink knee high skirt and a white shirt with a pink heart in the middle. She wears white stockings and pink high cut sneakers with white heart prints scattered on it.

She carries a pink bunny stuff toy that's hand sown where ever she goes.

Favorite color: Pink

Fears: loud sounds

Reason for being in Silent Hill: She was on the road with her parents. The car broke down not too far from Silent Hill and they waited for another car to hitch a ride. Melany walked around then suddenly got lost wondering around. She some how ended up in Silent Hill.

Darkness: None

(I hope this is fine if not I'm willing to edit)
Last edited by ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gordatron2000 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 am

Your Characters are too pale D<

I've recently discovered an overly defined character kinds of defeats the purpose of role-playing as them because it takes the fun of character development away, and why write about them then?

feel free to jump in, everyone.

Gordatron2000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 am

alright I edited. them >.> Sorry

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gordatron2000 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 am

... You didn't actually think I was serious, did you? I was sarcastically stating how absurd it would be for me to tell you how to make your character when I already emphasized the freedom the players had with there characters. You could play as a six armed gorilla for all I care, as long as you had some sort of basic idea of the necessities for being in this game, I.E. description and name for others to recognize and interact with you, and reason for being here along with darkness which will influence the mechanics of Silent Hill to some extent. To clarify: there is nothing wrong with wrong place at the wrong time, but if you were called by silent hill things would be different and you would take a more central point in the plot to come.

I'm not sure how relevant much of that was.

EDIT:
Plese, nobody play a six armed gorilla.

Gordatron2000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:43 am

Oh you weren't...well I was actually planing to edit their skin tone anyway. :P After re reading my characters the first thing that came to mind was a vampire. Not exactly what I wanted for my characters. So whatever I still edited them.

NOTE TO SELF: Learn when some one is Sarcastic and when He/She/It is Serious..

I'll post tomorrow when I have free time to make a long post I promise :)

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years

Detective Eddie Sutton

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edward_Sutton on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Name: Edward "Eddie" Sutton

Appearance: caucasian, upper back length blaci hair, eyes two differen't colors, one blue and one green Height* 6'6" Medium Frame, leather Jacket and leather pants

Fears: Fire, Being burnt, Drowning and Heights

Reason for being in Silent hill: Nightmares involving his brother Tom led him to silent hill to try and find him

Darkness: Images of ex wife being murdered by lover, Brother being mutilated, Abusive father

Edward_Sutton
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!