Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sin based roleplay.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Sin based roleplay.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJai on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Alright, so I've been thinking of creating a RP based around the idea of the 7 deadly sins and their counterparts, the 7 heavenly virtues. This is still a really rough idea and would be my first RP if I decided to continue it, so bear with me and feel free to give me any pointers...

Essentially, my idea boils down to the fact that the living embodiment of each of the 7 deadly sins (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride) have been released upon the world. This happens every 100 or so years and an organisation has been set up to destroy these creatures and send them back to where they came from for another cycle. To combat them, 7 humans are chosen based on their ability to assign themselves one of the roles of the 7 heavenly virtues. These virtues (Chastity, Abstinence, Liberality, Diligence, Patience, Kindness and Humility) have been specifically chosen to combat one of the 7 deadly sins, and if a person is chosen they are expected to embrace their role and work with their newly acquired teammates to find and then remove their evil counterpart from the world.

However, the enemy is powerful, and however skilled these 7 humans are, they are still only human. To help turn the odds in our favour, the nameless organisation crafted the 7 rings of sin to be entrusted to the Virtues. Older than recorded history itself, the rings contain a small but powerful amount of the power that could so easily annihilate mankind. Only by using sins' own power against them can they be defeated. Obviously, this power corrupts, which is why they can only be entrusted to the incorruptible. No one who is not not a Virtue can wear a ring, and no Virtue can wear a ring that is not his specific opposite. The rings can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/iWIKb?gallery

Please note that the Virtues are not necessarily what you would call a 'good' person. They must have only one of the 7 virtues to qualify, just because a man is patient does not mean they don't feel greed; just because a woman has diligence does not mean they don't feel pride. This is why it is important that a Virtue only uses their ring, the one they are least likely to be corrupted by. Even with that, it is a constant struggle and by no means an easy task to keep control of their rings, as it will not naturally work with someone so different to its' character. Think of them like the One Ring in LOTR, you'll get the gist of what I'm trying to say they are.

Storyline: Whereas before the Nameless organisation worked in secret, keeping the idea of the Sins quiet and having a quick 'talk' with anyone who finds out, this time it was different. Before now, the Sins would enter the world and then go into hiding, slowly and subtly bringing out the worst in people over time but never revealing themselves in the open. Although it made them a little more difficult to find, it was beneficial to the Nameless organisation as they could keep their nature in secrecy, destroying them quickly and cleanly without any fuss. This time, however, the Sins entered the world with a bang, spreading as much chaos as possible without a care in the world about revealing themselves and their abilities to the general public. What's more, they came too quickly, whereas before the Nameless organisation could predict the appearance of the Sins and train their Virtues in readiness for that point, this time it was completely unexpected and at least 10 years early. The Virtues had not even been approached yet, let alone trained enough to take down the Sins. The combination of these factors meant that the organisation had to reveal themselves in an attempt to stop the entire world crumbling in panic. Using their specially trained soldiers they have been able to hold the Sins back, but without the Virtues it's only a matter of time before all is lost. Behind the scenes of all the fighting, the organisation set out to find their champions.

Skip forward a month. The world is still in turmoil from both the chaos of the Sins and the attempted order of the Nameless organisation. Cults, religions and gangs have spread worshiping the Sins in attempt to save themselves, families and friends who had once trusted each other with their lives are now threatening to take them, and you have no idea what you're meant to be doing. That is, you didn't. Not until you were approached by a man that gave no name...

Sins: The powers of the Sins are still very much being debated. They would all have superhuman levels of strength, agility and stamina, and be able to shape shift into several forms. They would also have an aura of whatever sin they are associated, i.e in the presence of Wrath you would be more likely to get angry. I have no idea what their 'true' forms should look like, nor have I looked into individual powers as of yet. I would prefer these to be NPC's, controlled by whoever plays their Virtue opposite, but I suppose if somebody really wanted to be one I wouldn't mind.

Virtues: The superhuman powers of Virtues are all because of their ring, without it they would be limited to only human skills. Again, their powers are still in debate, but I was thinking Sin aura cancelling and heightened speed, strength and stamina are a good starting point. When using their ring at its' full potential, Virtues can be just as powerful as their opposite, but this is incredibly difficult and definitely would not happen without lots of expertise that the current Virtues simply do not have. The more power the ring is putting out, the harder it is to control and the easier it is for it to corrupt you. I was also thinking of having withdrawal symptoms and an unwillingness to let it go after owning it for a while. This cycle's Virtues will be younger than ever before, normally the youngest a Virtue would be when it was time to fight its' Sin would be mid/late 20's, but this time around the youngest would mid/late teens without the 10 years or so training beforehand. As you may of guessed, I would be wanting 7 people, including myself, to play each of these characters in the RP.

I... I think that's it. Again, it is a very rough idea that I've just thinking about for a bit. I'm definitely open to any suggestions and improvements, everything is still in debate.
Friends are like snowflakes, if you pee on them they disappear...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DJai
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Sin based roleplay.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scripter on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Interesting... I like the idea of the rings, all LOTR style with the corruption.

Now, where exactly would the setting be, might I ask? It would probably be easier if it was in a set location, one city or region, like a center of power where the Sins know their chaos will take hold and prosper.

Oh, and, this is just me, but I think it would be a bit strange if the person playing the Virtue was also be playing their Sin counterpart, because that would be the person they are mostly going to interact with (And the person they are trying to defeat), so the... spontaneous-ness (Not a word, but, you know...) of it will fall a bit short. Maybe if the players were to be mixed among the characters, like the person playing Chasity played the counterpart for Kindness. But, do correct me if I have this all wrong. ^^"
Pocałować daleki ból.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scripter
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJai on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 am

Scripter wrote:Interesting... I like the idea of the rings, all LOTR style with the corruption.

Now, where exactly would the setting be, might I ask? It would probably be easier if it was in a set location, one city or region, like a center of power where the Sins know their chaos will take hold and prosper.

Oh, and, this is just me, but I think it would be a bit strange if the person playing the Virtue was also be playing their Sin counterpart, because that would be the person they are mostly going to interact with (And the person they are trying to defeat), so the... spontaneous-ness (Not a word, but, you know...) of it will fall a bit short. Maybe if the players were to be mixed among the characters, like the person playing Chasity played the counterpart for Kindness. But, do correct me if I have this all wrong. ^^"

I was thinking of having a set location that the Virtues and the Nameless organisation are based in, but not a single location for the Sins. I envisioned them as being independent creatures rather than being a team, so each would choose a location as their own around the world and move on when they feel they had corrupted it enough for them to be no longer needed. One of these locations would be where the Sins came into the world in the first place, and whichever Sin is guarding that area would be more powerful than its' counterparts. The Virtues will most likely be aware of the locations this time around, as the Sins have put in no effort to hide themselves, but due to lack of experience they would have to stick together and take each Sin down one by one rather than them all splitting up and taking them all out at once.

As for your second point, that makes a whole lot of sense, I'll do that.

DJai
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scripter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:27 am

DJai wrote:
Scripter wrote:Interesting... I like the idea of the rings, all LOTR style with the corruption.

I was thinking of having a set location that the Virtues and the Nameless organisation are based in, but not a single location for the Sins. I envisioned them as being independent creatures rather than being a team, so each would choose a location as their own around the world and move on when they feel they had corrupted it enough for them to be no longer needed. One of these locations would be where the Sins came into the world in the first place, and whichever Sin is guarding that area would be more powerful than its' counterparts. The Virtues will most likely be aware of the locations this time around, as the Sins have put in no effort to hide themselves, but due to lack of experience they would have to stick together and take each Sin down one by one rather than them all splitting up and taking them all out at once.

As for your second point, that makes a whole lot of sense, I'll do that.

Ah, alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. ^^ It does make a ton of sense that the Sin would do whatever the hell they want, go wherever. Since, ya know, they are sins.

Scripter
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!