Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sing It Out!

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Sing It Out!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Howdy-hey, guys and gals! Satomato here.

Just a quick show of hands, how many of you like music? Yeah? Excellent.

Me, personally, I'll throw my iTunes on Shuffle and just let 'er run when I'm doing homework or chore or something. Once in a great while, though, I'll be in the mood for a particular song. There's something that I need hear, because there's a particular line or musical riff that really, you know. Speaks to me.

Which brought me to this thread.

What lyrics mean the most to you (at this moment)? Why? You can post as many times as you need to, because our moods change. Got a link to the particular song? YouTube links are usually pretty reliable.

I'd love to know what you're all thinking, listening to, feeling.

Also, I'd prefer if you guys didn't post the lyrics to the whole song. I want to read the bits that made you go "Aha!" of course, but don't post great blocks of copypasta'd text. I want to hear more about what made the song fit your mindset.

Go!

I'll kick things off. Right now, I cannot get "Collect Call" by Metric out of my head.

I know it's a lie, but I want it to be true.
The rest of the ride is ridin' on you.

[ .. ]

If somebody's got soul
You gotta make the moooo-oooove ..

First of all, I'm a sucker for any song that's as sparse, pretty, and melancholy as this one. Emily Haines has a delicate, springy voice and when she its the "moo-oove" bit, I always get chills.

Second of all, I love driving at night. More specifically, I love being a passenger at night. I love sitting in a cool car flying along +30 mph over the posted speed limit, seeing only what the headlights give me, seeing only what the streetlights give me. I love that.

Tuesday night, November 29th this song came on a mix CD in my friend Matt's care as we were gliding back to his house from a post-shooting meal at Olive Garden. One thing about the area that we're in is that it's all tight-knit suburban kingdoms with names like Whispering Brooke and Everspring Court, tall fences, manicured lawns all separated by great, blank expanses of farmland.

Listening to this song's steady but smooth pulse while cutting through the country darkness, seeing tiny packaged communities of suburbia with dotted trees with Christmas lights here and there .. I wish I could paint the scene even more perfectly, but there it is.

Who's next?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: Sing It Out!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onelessthanone on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 am

No good deed goes unpunished
No act of charity goes unresented
No good deed goes unpunished
That's my new creed
My road of good intentions
Led where such roads always lead
No good deed
Goes unpunished!

((No Good Deed - Wicked))

Listen to it here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

onelessthanone
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ScarletRivers on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Der Jüngling steigt den Berg mit Qual
Die Aussicht ist ihm sehr egal
Hat das Röslein nur im Sinn
Bringt es seiner Liebsten hin

Sie will es und so ist es fein
So war es und so wird es immer sein
Sie will es und so ist es Brauch
Was sie will bekommt sie auch

Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben
wenn man klares Wasser will
Rosenrot oh Rosenrot
Tiefe Wasser sind nicht still

---

Translation:

The boy climbs the mountain in torment
He doesn't really care about the view
Only the little rose is on his mind
He brings it to his sweetheart

She wants it and that's fine
So it was and so it will always be
She wants it and that's the custom
Whatever she wants she gets

Deep wells must be dug
if you want clear water
Rose-red, oh Rose-red
Deep waters don't run still.

...it's a long story.
I wanna swim away but don't know how.
sometimes it feels just like I'm fallin' in the ocean...

ScarletRivers
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm

[...]

Rain, another rainy day
comes up from the ocean;
give herself away.
She comes down easy
on rich and dead the same,
and she gives herself away

[...]

Daisy, why another day?
Why another sunrise?
Who will take the blame
for all redemptive motion;
and every rainy day
when he gives himself away.

Let it go, Daisy. Let it go. That's something I have to remind myself.

:D

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Only when I stop to think about it...
I! Hate! Every-thing a-bout you!
Why?! Do, I, love you?!

-Three Days Grace, I Hate Everything About You.

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!