Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Siren Song

Siren Song

a part of “Siren Song”, a fictional universe by Broken Romeo.

With the stage set upon a time of endless strife, a world is sickened by the hymn of countless men marching and dying. There is hope, though many have yet to hear her voice. But they say that those who wish to sing always find a song.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Siren Song”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Siren Song

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Broken Romeo on Wed May 30, 2012 11:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Siren Song"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Setting/Background:

[Corbel]

Military Power: Poor –Strained Personnel, Current Military Grade Equipment, Warships, Riffles, Tanks and Propeller Aircraft.
Financial State: Uneasy –Some aristocrats and politicians are able to seek help from wealthy outer country investors to balance national spending.
Currency: Sovereign –Similar to the Gahst Mark, which utilizes uniquely designed bills but incorporates the use of minted coins as the numerical value increases.
Population: Medium, 48 Million
Regional Climate: Low Temperatures with Low Humidity. Strong winds have been on the rise as with the risk of dust storms. Weather has varied little despite the seasonal change.

The Tulan Mainland, a broken down battlefield that soldiers and refugees alike call home. The poor have fled their houses and the wealthy fall victim to their losses –not a soul among the empty faces are fortunate enough to escape the cruelties of war. This has turned into a place in desperate need of aid, though it’s proud people can only think of a means to fight back. Despite all that has happened many of them still cling onto the glories of the past.

Salvation is nothing more than a fleeting dream scattered atop the debris and charred bodies. The land here is dying, yet soldiers march on as if they were fighting for something greater than the endless horizon covered in black ash. To those that survive, the Senate has established refugee camps along the riverbanks –though it has been a failed attempt to remedy the plight of the people. The many which reside within them fear for the worse, they know what will eventually come; it’s only a matter of time.
The farms have already turned into a No Man’s Land.

Needless to say, the capital is at an utter loss –men are stuck bickering between one other and many of them are swept up in fear to think rationally.

[Torlei]

Military Power: Good –Troops on Standby, Current Military Grade Equipment Upgraded: Zeppelins, Warships, Riffles, Radios, Tanks and Propeller Aircraft.
Financial State: Inflated –Numerous wealthy families who are unaffected by the war are causing prices to rise dramatically with the response of foreign aid.
Currency: Credit –Dual Support system that utilizes expensive coins and written checks as a form of payment.
Population: High, 87 Million.
Regional Climate: Mild Temperatures with High Humidity. Warm weather and cloudy days are frequently forecasted with chances of rain low.

To the east lies the Nation of Torlei -The Free lands; in both trade and thought. Their areas are governed by a diverse collective of nobility, who possess most of the country’s wealth and power. The level of technology here is a cut above the rest of the world –seeing as they import and employ only the most recognized innovators this land has to offer. The distinction between the rich and the poor is clearly evident here –but yet, not much has changed over the past hundred years to remedy this problem. It was once said that Torlei holds the most breathtaking scenery’s this world has to offer, and that one must see its lavish cities to truly believe the magnificence of such a place.

However, they have placed strict limits on the number of factories to be built here –in a drastic effort to limit hazardous byproducts. With factory numbers being lower than that of the surrounding borders, only the best of the best mechanics and engineers ever get the chance to work. Whether or not they are ready for total war is still undetermined.

But they have made one thing clear to the world –they are empathic to Corbel’s current state and assure that assistance will be on its way.

[Gahst]

Military Power: Excellent –Swift Counter Intelligence, Latest in weaponry: Flamethrowers, Radar, Tanks, Submarines, Combat Armor, Machine Guns and Rocket Propelled Aircraft.
Financial Stability: Staggering –Unstable economy, with high risk investment in war bonds and low employment.
Currency: Marks –Synthetic Watermarked Bills with a Unique Numbering System and National Emblem.
Population: High, 79 million.
Regional Climate: Lower Temperatures with High Humidity. Rain and fog are a normal occurrence, but snowy weather has been known to hit in the winter time. Climate changes may vary from season to season.

The west hails to the Republic of Gahst, or at least what sadly remains of it. Arising from the ashes of a lingering economic depression, its countrymen bounced back from the near fatal blow to its treasury by declaring war on the Farmlands. Looking to annex the wealthy aristocrats that “Threaten” its nation’s borders, the political leaders of Gahst issued gratuitous amounts of propaganda and funds to wage a winter’s offensive. With enough money around to entice Torlessian Engineers and the like, they are paving a new way for modern warfare.

As to the well being of its residents, they are suffering greatly with each passing day –Even the politicians are no better off than the people they oversee. Unemployment has risen to 21% and it would seem like the only one hiring nowadays is the Army.

However, no information regarding the current state of the country is being leaked thanks to the service of the “Wolves” a secret police instated by the legislature to combat the growing threats within the state. With them, revolutionist and spies dare not reveal themselves –should they do so would only risk swift judgment.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Broken Romeo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Siren Song

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockmusica426 on Thu May 31, 2012 8:46 am

What are you character guidelines? I would love to participate in your roleplay, it sounds really good!
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade.
Make life take the lemons back!
Get mad!
I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?
Demand to see life's manager!
Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons!
I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rockmusica426
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Broken Romeo on Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

I don't demand much in terms of the character's skeleton. For now I think that the Basic structure set by the site will do. What I am looking for is involvement with the main plot and characters that are dynamic.

Broken Romeo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Thu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

This sounds interesting.
Hopefully, I will be able to create a charii by the end of tonight.
Hopefully.

I hope more people join ~ this sounds like fun.
ʜoɴɛɤ ɛɤɛs ∫ tɛɴdɛʀ ʜɛɑʀt

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Broken Romeo on Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Thank you for your interest.

Hopefully more people will catch on and join the game.

All that I ask is that the characters are from one of the three countries or fit into the story well. In terms of mythical creatures, I think we'll only have one siren for now and I still have to make her profile ready for adoption.

Broken Romeo
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!