Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Skilled Players Only

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Skilled Players Only

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey guys, now that its summer I have a lot more time on my hands, and I'm getting back into RPing. I'm looking for three to four skilled, and literate players to RP with. Spelling errors are fine, as long as the grammar is ok, and the spelling isn't absolutely atrocious. I'd prefer for the players to be in high school at the youngest as well, if possible, as this site appears to be swamped with large numbers of unintelligent and annoying children, and I'd like to weed them out.

I'm up for RPing virtually anything, so long as its done well. My preference is towards OC, as I find it more interesting for the most part, but RPs based on things are ok to, so long as they are, again, well done.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Skilled Players Only

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LoveRebel on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm Willing To RP With You Man.
Click My Boys !
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LoveRebel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Well, I can generally roleplay with all kinds of styles, and people, but I completely understand what you mean. I hope you don't mind older players - I've been roleplaying for a little over eight years or so. I prefer semi-literate, though if there's something decent out there, I can do literate.
Lily Dawn Evans:
My Character Profiles: WIP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/work-pro ... 23818.html

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm actually looking to get back into Rping too. Since it's summer and I've just moved I've got practically nothing to do, so I figured now would be the perfect time to start again. I may be a bit rusty at first but if you'd have me I'd definatly be up for it. My main taste is Sci-Fi, though like you I would be up for almost anything as long as it's done well. (Except for Anime based, hate that stuff.)

Hutch

Hutch
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:40 pm

I could come up with a buncha story lines....off the top of my head......

uhmm... We could use my chaos knights thing... or uhm... horror/highschool rp... futuristic/action... wartime swordplay rp... you name it. :P

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Heh, you and I are complete opposites Hutch. I adore anime, but don't like but a very limited amount of sci-fi. But I'm also amazed, because there are really great sci-fi animes out there, like gurren laggon, gundam, and lots of others.

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:35 am

Well I should really take that back, when I do think about it there is quite a bit of anime I like. Five series come to mind, Cowboy Bebop, Last Exile, Black Lagoon, Berserker, and Record of the Lodoss War. The first of your suggestions I have never heard of and Gundam isn't for me.

Hutch
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 am

Oh gosh, Gurren Laggon is crazy, but its based on the future. Its really neat, and it comes on Monday nights on the Sci-fi channel on satellite and cable. And I love Cowboy Bebop. It comes on satellite/cable on saturday nights, like tonight, but it comes on very late, so I record it. And lets not forget Ghost in the shell too.

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:13 am

Hutch, I think we may be twins who were seperated at birth. Also, I think you're the first person I've met who likes Berserk besides me. Do you have a basic idea for an RP man? Also, anyone else feel free to contribute as well, but Hutch, I'm definitely down to RP with you.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:10 pm

I watch most of my anime online, no scratch that all. Mainly because I only have basic cable and the only anime that ever comes on is that terrible Naruto show. I've looked into Gurren Laggon, and I could never enjoy it. But Cowboy Bebop, that show is a close contender for best show ever. Right next to Firefly. Ghost in the Shell I have heard of but never watched. I may sometime later tonight.

And that is a possibility Gabriel, crazier things have happened... Anyways Berserk was fantastic, but half way through where I was watching it the sub titles took a major dive, they were so unbearable I couldn't finish even one episode with them, so I've been stuck at number thirteen for the longest time.

As for Rp ideas, I don't really but I do know I'd love to do something in a sort of Steam Punk universe, ever since Arcanum I've been fascinated with Steam Punk.

And there is another but I am a bit afraid to bring it up, as it's been done to death. A Zombie Apocalypse, though of course in order for it to be interesting we'd have to think of something new and original to add to the now unoriginal apocalypse scenario.

Hutch
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Oh yeah, we're definitely related. I LOVE steampunk, and zombies. I've yet to be involved in a good steampunk RP on here thats lasted more than a few days at absolute max, and I'd absolutely love to do one of those actually. I think I'll start working on one to put in the OOC boards. You want to Co-Mod it and help with story and whatnot?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 pm

I love zombies! Raaar! Braaaaiiiinnnnssss! :P I like some steampunk, though I can't say too much as I've only seen one or two. But they were awesomeness!

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Every one loves zombies, they're fantastic. Minus the brain/flesh eating part. Anyways ya, I'd love to help out in anyway possible, so mark me down as Co-Mod then. How do we plan to go about this, disscussion through PMs?

Since you like Anime so much Lily Evansand you just said you like a little steampunk , I'm going to have to recommend you watch Last Exile (Assuming you havn't already.) its a great series if a little short.

Hutch
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Thankies for the suggestion - anymore that you'd suggest? I think the only real steampunk-like anime/show I watched was a very old one called Tank Girl. Very old, but I loved it before I knew what anime was.

Aww, but the eating of braaaaiiiinssss and all that's awesomeness! You can't minus that out - that makes zombies, well, zombies!

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Unfortunatly I don't, Last Exile is the only Steampunk anime that I know of, other than Steam Boy or something. But I've never watched it so I can't go and recomend it. Although, you could try Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic. It's a 2001 steampunk roleplaying game that plays simmilar to the original Fallouts. It's a tremendous game albiet it buggy, though the Unofficial Community Patch fixes most of those.

I see your point, Zombies couldn't be zombies without the brain eating, they'd be human. And thats boring. It's just I don't particularly fancy getting eaten.

Hutch
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:27 am

Yeah, I sent you a PM with what I was thinking about. Also, I've seen Steamboy, and its pretty good.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 am

Ha ha, I've actually got that game! I've played a little of it, and its pretty fun. I got to thinking last night, and I don't really know if it would be considered steampunk or whatever, but I adore Howl's Moving Castle. Its one of my favorite older animes. (And I think the same person done spirited away. I love those movies!)

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Howl's is pretty new. And everyone should know who Miyazaki is >_< He makes the greatest anime films of all time.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Never seen Moving Castle, might be interesting. Spirited Away I like the first time, when I was alot younger. But then I watched it again and realized just how much that little girl screams, and it got annoying.

I regret to say that I don't have a clue who Miyazaki is... Well I do now, but what are some of his works you might recommend?

Hutch
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 am

Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Laputa Castle in the Sky, etc... etc... He's made about 90% of the most world wide famous animes movies. He's crazy awesome.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!