Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Slightly Different

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Slightly Different

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm

(Characters have been set please do not post as your reply to this thread will be ignored, Regards Nightwolf )

Lucas sat in a large chair his feet on the bed, it wasn't like his bed at home the hospital sheets were rough and smelt like they had been dipped in disinfectant and dried it till it became stiff and uncomfortable. Pausing his music he pulled out the headphones from his ears as he the nurses go through his boxes of stuff that his parents had frantically packed as soon as they had discussed with Lucas what was happening of course he got upset and and angry that they literally pushed him into an ambulance to be transferred to the hospital, Lucas blacked out not knowing what happening until he woke up a few hours ago in a room that he had been assigned to.

The nurses seemed to pick out items that they classed as dangerous a few razors and broken plastic cutlery, one nurse looked at him as if accusing him of knowing he put the razors in the hidden compartments in his clothes, Daniel was clever as hiding items from Lucas. " Don't look at me like that does it look like i knew that i hid them there!" he spoke his voice raising in anger his hands clenching and un clenching, he breathed out slowly "Sorry" he mumbled relaxing quickly.

"Everything else is fine you can sort everything out now" The nurse said placing the razors and sharp objects into a box that would be destroyed later. "Thanks" Lucas replied as he walked over to the boxes putting his clothes by the wardrobe to be put away later he pulled out the box of toys that belonged to Josh. Josh appead soon after sitting on the floor crossed legged playing with small cars, making noises as he pushed the cars around his legs.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Slightly Different

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Lexus jumped out her car quickly, and walked into the hospital. You would think that after a few months of working here she would have gotten used to the smell of the disinfectant that lingered on the corridors, but it always seemed to nauseate her every time she walked into the building. She quickly flashed her security card to the man in reception and he let her through the locked double doors. No-one could go in, or out without one. She quickly ascended up the stairs to the small room which was her office. She looked through the case files of some of the patients. Amanda had again been caught stealing the plastic cutlery and trying to harm herself with it, whilst Brad had been screaming so loud in the night convinced someone was coming to get him. And then she noticed the small but luminous green sticky note that hung by her keyboard. ‘New Patient. Lucas,17. Needs to be assessed’

She sighed, rubbing her forehead, and walking out of the small corridor of offices and out onto one of the wards. Julie, a long time nurse here at the hospital, walked up to her immediately telling her of what went on in the night shift. “Oh and we had an emergency arrival. His name is Lucas, was found trying to kill himself last night and he got sectioned. Troubled kid, poor kid. But he is already lying about hiding razors in his clothes.”

“That’s fine; I will go to him now and make sure he is settled in okay.” Lexus walked down the corridor, and looked at the room numbers. She walked to number 24, knocking on the door gently. “Lucas, do you mind if I come in for a second?” she asked politely. That’s one thing you couldn’t do with these people, invade their personal space unless they were showing dangerous behaviour. That kind of thing would get you nowhere.
x♥x "Before you, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars --points of light and reason....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty." - Edward Cullen NEW MOON x♥x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Josh looked up at the door as someone knocked on it, standing up he pulled down the handle slowly opening the door a few inches he spoke in a high pitched voice. "I'm not Lucas...my names Josh....who are you?" he asked as he walked back into the room sitting down on the floor and rolling the cars around again he stuck his hand in the cardboard box his tongue stuck out of his mouth in concentration, a look of success as he found a red car.

By outward appearance Josh would have appeared to look around 9 years as he sat on the floor surrounded buy at least a dozen toy cars making childish noises. Using his hand he pushed back Lucas's hair from his face he couldn't understand why Lucas would have his hair over his eyes it was like he was hiding, but he wasn't that scared of people he knew just a bit cautious of newer people. Since he was confused and worried Josh thought it would be best to come out and it gave him a chance to play with his cars.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Lexus peeped through the door, looking at the 17 year old who was now speaking in a high-pitched voice and claimed to be another person. She quickly walked into the room, leaving the door ajar and sitting on the floor with the teenager, who was now busy playing with cars.

“My mistake sorry Josh. My name is Lexus. Boy, you have some nice cars there.” Whether this teenager was faking it or not, or was simply displaying regressive behaviour. Lexus had seen this a few times before but it was only a few cases which turned out to be realistic. She smiled, looking around the room at the few boxes around the room, each with different sets of clothes which didn’t seem to relate to each other at all. They just didn’t seem to fit with just one person alone.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Lucas smiled a boyish smile and spoke in the same pitch of voice "Thankyou...i have comic books too...Lexus is a nice name....do you know why i'm here Lucas doesn't understand why his mom and dad didn't talk to him" he looked over to Lexus his head tilting to the side as he fiddled with his hands looking at the bandages on his arms what were these for did he suddenly become a ninja?

His brown eyes looked to Lexus herself she was very pretty for a lady and still looked young like some of the teachers at Lucas's school, Josh didn't really come out when Lucas was at school Lucas was very smart and worked hard at everything. Josh enjoyed the walks home from school as it diverted through the park to get to Lucas's house.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Lexus sat down on the floor, pushing a toy car around the floor and playing with ‘Josh’. From what she could tell he was a young boy, and it could be that Lucas, the actual personality of the body was either creating this personality as some kind of coping mechanism, or on the other hand, it could have been Dissociative Identity Disorder. D.I.D. was something Lexus was most interested in when she had been at university not long ago, yet she had only encountered a few people suffering from it, and even then she had never had to treat them.

“You do? That’s really cool Josh. I reckon that you like superhero comic books, because you look like a little superhero to me.” She smiled at him as he complimented her name. “I don’t know Josh, but I will find out for you I promise. I’m sure Lucas’ parents still love him very much though.” She watched as ‘Josh’ looked down at the bandages and quickly distracted him, by pushing a toy car in front of his eye line.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Josh looked up as Lexus spoke asking him wether he liked superhero comics He nodded enthusiastically "Yeah superhero's are cool, i have some original prints of "The Amazing Spiderman" and " The Almighty Thor" but there back in Lucas's room on my shelf, his parents didn't pack everything up, there was so much noise Lucas was getting angry that's when all these people came in ambulance men, police men and pushed Lucas down i was scared..." Josh explained his face looking upset he fiddled with the edges of the the bandages his body possition changing as he leant against the bed brushing his fringe to cover his eyes slightly he looked down at the bandages and sighed.

"I didn't do this to myself i didn't even know how the razor got there" Lucas commented his voice much deeper than Josh's he looked to Lexus " And i don't think my parents love me that much at the moment otherwise they wouldn't have sent me here" he added.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:22 pm

“You do? How cool are you, little man!” she smiled as he spoke of all of the comic books he owned. “Aww, well I am sure you don’t feel scared anymore huh? Anyway, I will take care of you, no need for you, or Lucas to be scared.”

Lexus watched as the 17 year old quickly fidgeted, and brushed his hair back in front of his eyes. The body posture of the adolescent changed, and the voice became deeper. That of a teenager again. She observed watching as he looked down at the bandages on his wrists, little droplets of blood being able to be seen through the white.

“I guess I am talking to you now then Lucas?” Lexus smiled, trying to reassure the teenager as best she could. “And I do believe you, but like it or not, whoever did do this is a part of you. Maybe you are not able to control it yet, but in time I will make sure you are able to, I promise.”

She looked down, as he spoke of his parents affections. In this world it was difficult for anyone, especially parents to deal with a mental illness, especially one as serious as Lucas’. The parents didn’t know it wasn’t Lucas who did these things to himself. From the notes she had seen, they had just thought he was a troubled teen right up until he started to cut into his wrists, and eventually tried to kill himself. “They’re trying to help Lucas, as best as they can. It’s difficult for people to understand. I am sure they have the best intentions by you.”

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Lucas nodded in conformation when Lexus asked wether she was talking to Lucas. "It's difficult for me to understand too, having all this...." He circled his hands around his head "...like buzzing more or less all the time" he explained as best as he could to describe the scene in his head. " i did try to talk to my parents they thought i was on drugs or just being suicidal." he said sounding almost defeated he did love his parents but around the time that this all began everything seemed to go down hill.

Lucas took a deep breath and spoke " Sometimes i black out and not be aware of something that id be doing, i think thats what must have happened before i came here, my mom was screaming at me and i couldn't do anything them i came back from the black out here a few hours ago. I was so confused and really tired" Lucas said looking down at the floor then back at Lexus.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 am

“Well Lucas, it’s not surprising. At the end of the day, your parents are not health professionals. Its not there fault, so you have to try to not hold a grudge towards them. It can be very difficult for families, especially when they love someone a lot and they can see them spiraling downwards.” Lexus sat closer to Lucas, trying to remain sympathetic to him. “Of course, its going to be difficult for you, I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. But let’s try and make the best of this?”

“Well, as far as I can see you were brought here because you attempted to kill yourself. I don’t know whether or not you remember it. You’re in Elmleigh Home, a hospital for people with mental health issues. You will be staying here for a while until we can make it so it is safe for you to go home. I know this is hard for you.”

From first impressions, Lexus could tell Lucas was a smart guy. In fact, compared to most people she had dealt with; he seemed like one of the ones who were in the most control. He wasn’t delusional; he knew there was something wrong. She looked into his eyes, trying to see some kind of emotion. That was her job, to make sure that he was able to control them. The last thing she wanted was to meet another personality due to stress.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Lucas listened to Lexus as she explained what was going to happen to him, he didn't know how to feel the fact that he would be here for an unknown amount of time. Would his parents visit him or just leave him to become a dribbling wreck in the corner that only responds to a series of colour cards. Of course Lucas only really got these ideas from tv shows and films about mental hospitals.

He took a deep sigh "I suppose ill feel better once ive stayed for a while, at least i'll know that i can talk to you if ive got a problem with dealing with anything. " he said giving a light shrug of his shoulders, he looked at the toy cars scattered around the room "I see youve met Josh he always likes meeting new people, just a bit annoying when i get up and almost break my neck from slipping on his cars i'll have to remind him to tidy up if he plays with them" he added he liked Josh he reassured him about things and seemed to make scary situations much better.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm

“Of course you will feel better,” Lexus said soothingly, smiling at him. For people that were new within the hospital, it was always difficult for them to settle into hospital life. But she would do anything, and was determined to make Lucas feel more comfortable within it. There was nothing worse then a teenager being more anxious then necessary, especially in a setting like this. Although the hospital was nice, the things that happened within the walls were not always the most pleasant of things. It was no wonder most of the patients in the hospital would come in absolutely terrified.

“Yeah I did meet Josh, he’s lovely.” She smiled back, thinking to the small boy that appeared in the 17 year olds body. Josh was sweet, and a little easier to talk to then Lucas, however with Lucas she could get a better conversation then one about cars and comics. “Here, I’ll help you tidy up,” Lexus said, slowly putting toys into the boxes she had seen Josh get them out of.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Lucas smiled as Lexus reasured him that he would get better, he had a normal life back at home, he was involved in sports and helped his parents around the house. It seems that he would be back home again soon he liked that idea a lot, perhaps it would be a few months of therapy and rehabilitation and boom! back to normality.

"Thanks" Lucas mumbled as he stepped around Lexus to pick up the cars that were closest to the door. A loud scream reverberated through the corridors and Lucas watched as the patient fought with the nurse the screams becoming desperate and louder. The buzzing in his head becoming intense, his breathing became fast and panicked as he backed away from the door, he had switched again this time it was Daniel and he was terrified the screaming breaking through to his own memories. Backing slowly into the corner of the room not looking at Lexus at all, Daniel slid down onto the floor bringing his knees to his chest he rocked slowly back and forth tugging and scratching at the bandages trying to take them off, he hated feeling restricted it always ended badly. His eyes stared at the floor then looking to the door then back at the floor as if something was going to burst out of it and eat him alive. Shaking his head quickly he whined lightly tearing one half the bandages off his arm scratching at the cuts on his arms he shook his head again as he rocked his eyes intently looking at the floor only looking at the door occasionally.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 am

Lexus listened as another patient within the hospital began to scream, and you could hear the nurses yelling back. The cry coming from the male patient was blood-curdling, and she knew it was probably Jamie, a messed up kid with anxiety problems who had a habit of screaming when he didn’t feel in control. Though she watched as Lucas became panicked, and she tried to calm him down but with no luck. She watched as another personality came through, sliding down the door and trying to harm himself.

Lexus quickly grabbed this new person above just above where the cuts were, trying her best not to touch the affected area. She tilted his head up softly trying to keep eye contact with this new person. “Hey, calm down,” she said in a soothing voice, looking into his eyes. “Its going to be okay, I will look after you, ask Lucas or Josh if you don’t believe me.”

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:52 am

Daniel whimpered loudly as Lexus held his arm, lifting his head to look into his eyes but Daniel wasn't having any of it. Shaking his head Daniel tried to pull his bleeding arm away from her his hands trembling in fear. He pulled at his hair and tapped his head with his free hand whilst rocking. Opening his mouth he squeaked before speaking in a timid voice "No...not safe...please..he'll get me..." Daniel whimpered shaking his head again, flexing his fingers as if trying to squirm out of Lexus hold it wasn't even that tight it was just the fact that Daniel was so scared of what would happen if he either moved or said too much.

The screams outside started to die down more or less they just became sobs and cries.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 am

“Look I promise he won’t get you. You are safe here.” Lexus quickly grabbed the bandages, mopping the blood that was pooling out of his arms slowly. She let go of his hands quickly, still watching to make sure he wasn’t going to harm himself again. She gently dabbed his arm with the bandage, and tried to calm down his sobs with a small series of shhh’s.

“So what’s you name then?” she said, asking and trying to direct his attention to something else.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Daniel shook his head in disbelief as Lexus's words explaining that he wouldn't get him he always did he had ways of finding out where he was. "No...not safe at all" he mumbled. He watched as she moped up his blood he pulled his arms away slightly mainly out of habit, he looked at his blood not phased by the red liquid at all he got used to it seeing it so many times.

Lexus asked what his name was he opened his mouth to speak again but he stuttered for a while before finaly muttering his name "Daniel" the fingers on his free hand tapped his thumb making a soft clicking noise it was something that calmed him down aside from pulling at his hair although never really pulling hair out just giving sharp tugs to make sure he was still alive.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 pm

“ I promise it is safe, that guy has no way of getting to you. The nurses are dealing with it.” She smiled towards Daniel, watching as he struggled under her touch, but she couldn’t exactly just let him bleed, could she?

“Hello Daniel, you already know I am Lexus, I presume?” She smiled at him, watching as he made a clicking noise, watching him calm himself down. “That’s a really good way to focus Daniel. Very good, you keep doing that.” She sat in front of him, watching as he tapped him thumb in a certain rhythm in certain times, staying focused on the tapping at all times. “Just let me know when you are ready to talk to me, yeah?”

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Daniel nodded quickly when she asked him if he knew who Lexus was, He jerked his head to the door and mumbled "Not him" referring to the patient outside, pointing outside at the window he spoke again using the same quite voice "him out there" he continued to tap his thumb till it slowed down to nothing. Blinking Lucas fiddled with his hair looking to Lexus and then to he newly bandaged arm "What happened?" he asked a confused look on his face.

He folded his arms and stretched his legs out looking to Lexus for an answer. He hated the days when he would change from one person to another it tired him out especially not knowing what they were doing.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:27 pm

“Yes, him out there,” she smiled, trying to soothe the boy. She saw as the boy changed his hair and realized she was talking to Lucas again. “Well, I met Daniel. He got a little scared and agitated. Its okay, I have bandaged your cuts.” She looked down to the old bandages, throwing them into the bin in his room.

“Are you feeling okay in yourself? I mean as good as you can be feeling?”

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!