Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Social Suicide {ooc}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Social Suicide {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:22 pm

the ic: post882166.html#p882166
" I may be in the middle of nowhere, but I still have standards!

Like it's not bad enough Daddy's in jail for embezzlement (he's a super-successful Hollywood agent, btw, and totally innocent), but since my fashion-model mom died when I was a baby (I'm sure you've seen the E! True Hollywood Story) I've been shipped off to Possum Grape, Arkansas, to live with relatives I've never even met. You read that right: Possum Grape. Not only is there no Starbucks in this town, but I'm about to miss the biggest social event of the year back in L.A.
I'm not sure how yet, but I will get back to civilization. Until then, I may be stuck on a farm, but no one's going to keep me from ruling the roost.
"

Caroline Deschane, also known as West, has just had her life flipped around. Her father has been sent to jail, and because her mother died years ago, she was legally left as an orphan. Unfortunately for the sixteen year old, her aunt from Possum Grape, Arkansas offered to take her in. Their shabby farm is nothing compared to West's elegant mansion back in Los Angeles, and she is determined to get back home before the party she is throwing happens without her. West realizes that everything isn't that bad when she befriends some of the children that her family fosters, but will that really keep West from fleeing back to her luxurious life?
-

Rules
-Please be a literate role player. Be able to post at least two-hundred words per post, and use proper grammar and spelling.
-Don't join if you will be posting twice before quitting.
-Romance and drama are obviously allowed, and I won't put a minimum level on cursing and that stuff. Just don't be ridiculous with it.

Character Template
Name:
Role: See below
Personality:
Biography:
Appearance:

Roles
Caroline “West” Deschane - Sophiex
Mrs. Reynolds [aunt] - Available
Mr. Reynolds [uncle] – Towers
Cousin – Available
Cousin – Writer
Foster Teenager – AyaAmayaMiyu
Foster Teenager – Inu_Kun_
Foster Teenager – Available
Foster Teenager – Available
Friend/Neighbor - Fumeii
Friend/Neighbor – xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Friend/Neighbor - Available

Character Template
Name:
Caroline “West” Deschanel
Orientation:
Straight
Personality:
Simply put, West is a city girl. She is used to streets filled with designer stores and boutiques, Starbucks on every corner and tons of high-class parties to attend. Fashion is her life, and West will never miss an opportunity to look cute. Appearances are priorities to her, and if you don’t look nice, you automatically are on her bad list, no matter how nice you are. She loves attention, and loves stealing the attention even more. West is pretty boy-obsessed, and feels that with her looks, every boy should be staring at her. In her mind she’s far from self-absorbed, but other people’s opinions of her tend to differ.
Biography:
On May 1st, Caroline Deschane was born to Mr. Jean-Claude Deschanel, a Hollywood agent, and Ms. Crystal Kendall, the famous fashion model. Caroline was only a few months old when her mother took a plane to the Bahamas for a photo shoot, and things didn’t go well. The plane somehow went down during the trip, and everyone inside is thought to have died, although no bodies were recovered.
Caroline and her father had a distant relationship, but the money made up for it in Caroline’s eyes, because she was always being spoiled by her father. If he couldn’t make her birthday, he would leave her an extra, expensive gift. For most of her life, Caroline was raised by a servant, Maria, who is now like a mother figure to her.
By the time she was seven years old, Caroline was sick of her name and decided that she liked ‘West’ better. Eventually it stuck, and it’s what everyone still calls her to this day.
So, why is she now being forced to move to Possum Grape, Arkansas, to live on a farm with family she’s never met? It’s simple in her eyes. West believes that her father was framed by a co-worker for embezzlement, so now he’s in jail for it. Having no other relatives, West got stuck moving in with the hillbillies.
Appearance: Image [/center]
Last edited by Sophiex on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sophiex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Social Suicide {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 pm

Can I reserve two of the Foster Children's spots? :3~

Also, are we allowed to use anime pictures? Or just realistic/description? And, do you mind if my characters are twins?
NVM! I am back from the dead.... hopefully. : P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

angelhar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burnout Stars on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:38 pm

May I reserve a foster child? I'll have my skeleton up tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT:
Name:
Jessica "Jess" Reynolds
Orientation:
Straight
Role:
Foster Teen
Personality:
Laid back and casual, it's difficult to get her to take anything seriously. She's a bit of a tomboy and likes to be around guys more than girls most of the time. Jess is sarcastic and often playfully makes fun of others and herself. She takes everything lightly, and doesn't care much about what other people say. Sometimes though, she takes things too far without realizing that she is hurting someone's feelings. Jess switches between being overly blunt and honest to an extremely good liar, making her difficult to trust. Jess doesn't trust easily either-- she can be judgemental, and the first impression you make on her is important if you want her to like you. She can dislike people 'just because', and rarely justifies any of her thoughts or ideas. She is a bit scatterbrained and careless when it comes to some things, and is constantly losing and forgetting things. Jess won't follow any rules if they are inconvenient for her to follow. She's also extremely stubborn, the kind of person who will continue to argue even when she knows she's lost. She prefers to be called Jess, and will not answer to Jessica.
Biography:
Appearance:

I have to go now, but I'll finish later.
Last edited by Burnout Stars on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Burnout Stars
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:38 pm

I would rather you just taking one spot for now, and the second later if no one else wants the spot. I would like the pictures to be realistic, or you can substitute a picture for a description. I've got nothing against anime, but it's hard for me to visualize what the person would look like.

Sophiex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:39 pm

I'll Join I'll have my Character sheet up ^-^ ohh umm we can only have one character? because I wanted to do two a male one a female one.

Edit: never mind xD I'll have my character up in a bit ^-^
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Could you save me a friend/neighbor? I'll have the character sheet up soon, and oh, she'll be the daughter of a horse ranch next door : D

fumeii
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:41 pm

I'm allowing people to have one character now, and if no one claims the spots later, I will let you take it. For now, it is only one character per person though.

Edit; Sorry fumeii, I must have skipped over your post, but that's definitely fine.

Sophiex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inu_Kun_ on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Can I reserve the other cousin? I'll have a skeleton up in a few
I say I like your coat! ♪

[/center]

Inu_Kun_
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Name:
Masaharu "Alexander" Akanishi
Orientation:
Bisexual
Role:
Foster Teenager
Personality:
Alexander is a very cheerful and happy guy, he loves been with others but also likes his alone time. He loves tending to the animals in the farm, and likes riding horses it makes him feel free and forget about his life. He likes to sketch and write music, his very artistic. Alexander has a sense of justice and will defend anyone in need even if they don't ask for it. He knows how to fight and is grateful he does, for he gets picked on a lot due to his size (5' 7''). Alexander is very well-rounded and very open minded he can accept any change even if its really big, and always thinks of others before himself. If Alexander could have he would have given his life to save his family, that's how warm and sweet he is, but he also has very low self esteem though he doesn't show it and is sensitive. He hides his own emotions very well but if left alone he'll cry his eyes out, Alexander is afraid to be considered weak that's why he keeps his happy go lucky facade.
Biography:
Alexander was the son of a Will-Rounded Japanese Movie Producer and a Stay-Home Mom, he had a little sister, age 5, and a younger brother, age 3, he was 15 1/2 at the time. They had a pretty normal life, even though his father was a producer and they lived in a big house they never were spoiled and were taught values and morals. His family was will liked in the city they lived in, but one day Alexander and his family went for a "vacation" to L.A. It seemed his father had gotten asked to help direct a movie in America with an American Producer. They spent 2 months there and Alexander liked his new environment, it was summer so he didn't have to attend school, and he was able to get around thanks to him knowing English (Travels with his Father helped him loosen his accent).

But something went wrong one day, Alexander had gone downtown with a friend he had made in L.A. and were heading back to the set to say hi to his family, his mother always went with his father everywhere when in "vacation", when they reached the outside of the sets they saw firetrucks, ambulances and police cars all over the area. Alexander got scared and ran towards the buildings, worried for his family hoping they were okay, but was stopped before he could reach the set his father and his family where in. Alexander protested and told them his family was in there, but the cop wouldn't let him get any further. Alexander was freaking out he couldn't see his family coming out of the set area like a few that were been rescued, he was getting so frustrated and worried tears had fallen from his eyes that he didn't notice.

When the fire was put out Alexander had been taken to a ambulance to calm him down, a cop came up to him and told him his family had been found but they had dead. Alexander couldn't believe it at that moment everything in his life shattered like glass, he just stood there not believing it. The cop explained how the fire had started, it seemed one of the lights on top of the set had been messed with and fell down on top of raw material and set the whole place on fire. Alexander was so much in shock he couldn't move, he couldn't speak, the cop took him to a safe house where he was left for the night but after that night he was told he was to stay there since they labeled him as an orphan. It was true he was an orphan now, he had no family in Japan, they hated his father and his mother their marriage had been forbidden since they were young in love. And of course he had no family here in the US, Alexander kept to himself for a few weeks but started to be happy again, but to hide the fact he was suffering and that he didn't want anyone to worry for him.

So Alexander was kept in the safe house till he was taken by a couple who had found out about his loss, Alexander was happy that he was living he had been the safe house for over a year and he was finally getting out. He thank the family and found out a bit about them, where they lived? and as to why they took him in. Once Alexander saw there home he was puzzled for he was a city kid and din't understand the outdoors much, but made an effort to understand this place. And thanks to him been opened minded he learned what he need to learn and adapt to his new life and environment.

Appearance:
((Just with no city clothes, not all the time anyways))
Last edited by AyaAmayaMiyu on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm almost done with my skele! And... I ish sad I can't do twinsy.... V_V;

angelhar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Aya, I see that you're editing but I'm going to need a lot more if you consider the personality done. This is going to be a literate roleplay where posts under two-hundred words will not be tolerated. Please display that you can post like that in your skeleton.

Okay, Inu.

Everyone; if certain spots are taken like the friends, cousins or foster kids, just let me know that you want a spot and I'll open it up for you.

Sophiex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Could I take a friend/neighbor?

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah, Cinderella, that's perfectly fine.

Sophiex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Name: Melody (Bell)
Orientation:
Role: Foster Teenager
Personality:
Biography: Bell was abandoned many years ago, and couldn't remember anything before that. She always seemed to be the quiet one in the foster family though, and she preferred it that way. Because, even though she didn't have many memories -- there were still some that haunted her like a dark shadow. They signified as to just who she used to be, and she hated that self. She hated her old life more than she hated having her memories. That's one of the reasons Bell prefers to keep to herself; she doesn't want anyone to come near her, because, she fears that she'll hurt them too, like she hurt her old family. And no matter what she does, those memories always come to haunt her.

For some reason, people consider her to be just a ghost; especially since she only leaves her room at night. Sometimes, the people around the house will occasionally hear creaks from around the house, or a gentle, ghastly, whispering chant through the hallways -- and that would be because of Bell. She loves to sing and dance to her hearts content, but hates showing herself around others. Sometimes, she wonders if anyone even knows if she lives there anymore.

Appearance: http://Largeboy30.deviantart.com/art/let-go-141275753

((Do you mind if her room is in the top floor/attic? ^^........ also, I'm not done yet, but I have to go soon! >o<;;... and I have some other stuff to check up on. I'll finish tmmr!))

angelhar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Done ^-^ and I know no worries Lol ohh and sorry for writing so much I was just so in the zone O.O Lol x3

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inu_Kun_ on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 pm

*Actually is it okay if I change it to foster teen? Sorry!*

Name:Kiana Hogan
Orientation:
Role: Foster Teen
Personality:Kiana tends to be very...unpredictable. One minute she can be bouncing off the walls and very friendly and other times she's pushing people away and trying to be alone. She's not a very helpful person and she's not good with giving advice and even when she does most people don't usually follow it. She tries to cheer people up if they're in a bad mood or she becomes upset and mumbles "Misery loves company".
Biography: Kiana was taken from her real parents when both of them were arrested for attempted murder and sentenced twenty-five years in prison. Kiana was tossed around between foster homes, fighting her way out of each one until she finally settled down with the Deschane's and found that she enjoyed being around them. She felt free and safe in the country instead of the city where she grew up. Her fist night in her new foster home Kiana escaped out her window to the roof and now spends most of her time there.

She still has nightmares about the night her parents were taken away in the police car but she's pretty much gotten over it.
Appearance: Image

Inu_Kun_
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Aya, it looks good. You've got the spot. In the morning once I'm actually awake, I'll read it over again just to make sure everything looks good. I'm like, dead right now x_x.

Angel, can you describe her past life in the biography, and no, I don't mind but the house is small so the room won't be very large.

Sophiex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelhar on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Yesh............ I shallz... but I'm half asleep atm, and it would be like reading a preschoolers writing if I tried atm.

angelhar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 pm

all righty x3 thank you :)

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:41 pm

My profile coming up within the next hour and a half. I have to run out for awhile.

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!