Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Solitude Station

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Solitude Station

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bambi-Boy on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:09 am

Solitude Station

I live at a train station
I watch the cars come and go
sometimes someone will sit
on the bench beside me

I ride with them
on the back of a clock pendulum
the rhythmic tick begins
to burrow a warm den
in my heart

But it is always melting
and I am thrown
as some misty season strikes
again, I know
these hands move in circles

In this peculiar spell
come black snow
that wells up
in my eyes and mouth

Then the sky settles
and as I choked
on ashen ends
a new wind has blown

I live at a train station
I watch the cars come and go
Sometimes someone will sit
on the bench beside me

I watch the cars come and go...
"I'm calm during a crisis, because I'm often the cause."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bambi-Boy
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Re: Solitude Station

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stone Dog on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:46 am

saddening... I can see motor smoke and blowing leaves when I read this
it does sound like you are talking about the afterlife maybe?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stone Dog
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bambi-Boy on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 am

That is a different take on the poem's meaning than I meant to express, but hey that's what's awesome about poetry. The same words could vary so much in meaning depending on the individual.

I was trying to convey my loneliness and frustration when it comes to friendships. There seems to be an inevitable pattern where I make friends with someone and I deeply believe that this person is going to be that "forever" friend but the relationship always fades. The reason for it beats me.

Thanks, for you input. =)

Bambi-Boy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HyugaKunoichi on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 pm

I can feel the emotions you're conveying, well-penned!

HyugaKunoichi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bambi-Boy on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank you.

Bambi-Boy
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!