Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Some Kind of Different

a topic in Vampire Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Some Kind of Different

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Updates
11.28.10 Thread created.

OOC:
[I'm lazy and just copy+pasted what Katey wrote. I'm so lame.]

Announcements
There are none yet. Carry on. <3.

Activity log
People active in roleplay: NaNa_Knokkoutt, xxRedefiningPanic

Ah, the first day of school. High school was the same, day after day, after day, after day...

But welcome to college, baby! Jaelle was ready to tackle college as an art student and was as peppy as any other student who was riding here on an all-expenses-paid scholarship. She made her way around, listening to the many upper-classmen talking about which classes were in what buildings and so on and so forth. She didn't pay attention.
Jaelle had been here before. Her elder brother had attended this college before, and for the very same reason.

As soon as the short lecture was over, Jaelle stood, along with the rest of the students. Here, people paid her bright orange hair and tattoo-covered body less attention. She liked it. She liked that everyone else was too busy to hassle her about her appearance- which she happened to be very proud of.
Today she sported a white tank-topped dress and bright yellow flats. She was covered in tattoos, including two full sleeves, a scripty quote across her chest, and a random assortment of ink under her clothing as well as a bit on her legs.

She was excited when she took her seat in her first art course of the day- Drawing Fundamentals. She knew this professor well and smiled as he walked in. He returned it with a grin even bigger than hers.
"I'm pleased to see you're the first student here," Professor Lane said. "And that you've more art on you than before." He scanned Jaelle's finished sleeve, which was Japanese themed, and consisted mainly of koi fish and noh masks. The two chit-chatted as the room filled up with people. Finally, Professor Lane took his place at the front of the class.

"Students," he chimed, holding open his arms. "Welcome to art school."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Some Kind of Different

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:26 pm

[I forgot to tell you this when we were talking last night, but I used Eliot as a minor character for this other roleplay that I did; he was a tattoo artist. Isn't it strange how our characters always mesh somehow. GOD. WE ARE LIKE THE BESTEST BEST FRIENDS EVER. MINDREADING FO' LYFE.]

Eliot walked into the classroom, pleased to have found it almost empty, save for a few early birds. There were a couple crafty looking freshman he didn't know, an orange haired chick, a few guys he knew from his year but that was it. The classroom was arranged in uniform rows which followed a semi-circle, the special art desks seating two to a table. The desks were special for their adjustable surface. Eliot liked these much better than the desks he had used last year- the desk's top were tilted permanently, and it was sometimes difficult to draw- these desks, however, were able to be flattened or titled to any one preference.*

He decided to sit in the desk one up from the girl with crazy orange hair. She looked pleasant enough to sit by. When he sat down, he shrugged off his messenger bag and placed it by the peg of his stool. He adjusted his sweater, a light blue terri cloth that hugged his broad shoulders and narrow waist. The color contrasted wonders with his almost white blonde hair. When he was done getting settled, he did what any art student would do- he took out a moleskin, flipped to a clean page and started to doodle. His hands were pristine, which indicated that he preferred to stay away from messier supplies like pastels and charcoal. This also was backed up by the fact that his lines were smooth, clean. His doodle wasn't anything spectacular, he felt, just a couple of free form bodies. He began to ignore the faceless bodies, and sketched a face of a woman. She had wide eyes, long flowing hair, small oval face, slender ne-.

Eliot looked up as the professor began to speak. He closed his book of doodles and sat quietly, waiting for his introduction to be over. His topaz eyes scanned the room, and went back to the top of his desk.

[*Think this, but big enough to seat two people, and a separate desk top for each. The little board in the middle would be where one desk ended and the other connected. Oh, and there's no bar at the bottom. I hated that when I took art freshman year, so because I loath it, THERE SHALL BE NO PENCIL BAR. D:<]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 pm

[FASHO, WE ARE JUST FANTASTIC.]

Jaelle watched people file in, glad that this class would be smaller than she expected. She waited, waited, waited, for class to start.
While waiting, she noticed the blond-headed boy sit in front of her and began doodling. She couldn't help but watch how his lines were all purposely placed. He rarely messed up, she could tell.
Watching him, Jaelle couldn't help but compare his style to her own. She was messy with her sketches. Her whole sketchbook was filled with scribbles and hard lines that, to her, formed shapes. People. Animals. Designs. Professor Lane clapped his hands together, getting everyone's attention.

"Our first assigment is more to get you accustomed to everyone in the room." He went on explaining that each student would pair up with another student and draw them. "Your drawing, however, does not have to be exact replication. You may use wire sculpture. You may use charcoal, pastels, oil paints, whatever you like. Your end result may not even look human and that is perfectly acceptable. Your assignment must, though, relate to your partner in some way. You will later come to the front of the class with your partner, and explain why you have what you have. Any questions?" He didn't wait for any answers. "Good. We have an even number of students, so everyone will match up perfectly. Please begin."

Professor Lane inclined his head. Although Jaelle had visited this campus before, she had never met anyone aside from her brother's friends, and they had all graduated. She sighed, watching people file around nervously, meeting their classmates and hitching up.
Sure, Jaelle was good with people and sure, she was easy to talk to.
Sometimes, though, she got a little shy.

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Eliot looked around, watching as his classmates filed together, usually paring up with the person next to them. Since he was sitting alone, he turned to his left, then right, watching as most of the class saying their meager introductions. He shifted slightly, remembering the girl behind him wasn't sitting next to anyone. Finally, he turned around, holding his the back of his chair to support his movement.
"Would you like to work together?" He smiled lightly, if only to be polite.

Getting a closer look at her face, Eliot realized how pretty she was. Her hair fell around her face in such a complimentary way, and the tattoos up her arms were colorful and easy on the eyes. Being a tattoo artist-sometimes, he was curious as to the stories behind them, and how the inking was done. He himself had a tattoo scrawled on his hip, just above and below his pant line.

As he took in her features, he waited for her reply.

[Okay, my brain hurts, and I want you to be able to respond before you get off. And my mom just sneezed, so when I typed "before" I went "beforjtoh", because her sneeze scared me and ogdflkjhdflkjhfj bye.]

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm

Secretly, Jaelle was waiting for him to say something to her.
She could only see the back of his head, and that was quite nice. So, she figured, his actual face must be pretty nice, too.

She was wrong. It was. Amazing.
His eyes were strange, inviting, and warm. She liked that. Jaelle smiled, nodding her head. She brushed her hair from her face and held out a hand, which was tattooed on the back of it and on her knuckles. It read, "GOLD". Her other hand read "STAY." Of course, there was a story behind it.

"Yeah. I'm Jaelle. Freshman. Nice to meet you."

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Eliot held out his hand and shook hers. His hands were warm, her hands were soft.
"Eliot. I'm a sophomore." He smiled lightly, his deep chocolate eyes taking Jaelle in. "How do you like it so far, being a freshman and all?" he asked lightly, pulling a brand new sketchbook from his bag. It was thin, black, the paper meant for sketching, not watercolors or the like. He got up only briefly to turn and bring his stool to the edge of Jaelle's table, easily crossing his legs so that he could sit comfortably facing her.

[Wow. We're lame, aren't we?]

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:52 pm

[nahhh, we're awesome. (:]

Sophomore, huh? Maybe he knew her brother...
"I like it. I've been here before, and have even messed around in this art class. I used to visit my brother here all the time. Maybe you knew him, Dane Posh? He graduated last year." While she talked, Jaelle pulled out a black sketchbook from her messenger bag.
Her tattoos easily caught the eye; many of them she'd designed on her own. That was her main style. She loved coming up with designs not only for herself but especially for other people. As she drank in Eliot's features, the parts in her artistic mind whirred to life, creating a specific design just to fit him.

She mimicked Eliot, crossing her legs and pulling her dress to her knees. She set her sketchbook on her lap, opening it up and pulling out a charcoal pencil from her bag. As the two conversated, she sketched.

As she drew, she fiddled with her tonguering and occasionally bit down on her lip, making faces. All of her friends constantly poked at Jaelle for making such silly faces while she was off in la-la land, but she didn't care how her face looked while she drew. She only cared about the finished result of what she was working on.

She pictured Eliot; his hair, his eyes, the shape of his face. It was somewhat difficult to capture the essence of someone you just met. Eliot's personality, however, seemed to shine right from his beautiful topaz eyes, making the process somewhat easier.
She gathered that he was kind; the details of her work would be made of soft curves and dips.
She tried to focus on the beauty of his features; the overall piece would be serene and angelic, she decided.

All her inspiration was drawn from the man sitting before her.

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm

[KATEY. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU. CONVERSATED IS NOT A WORD, AND YOU KNOW IT! SHAME! SHAME ON YOU! D:< (it'sokayIstillloveyou,andIknowyouonlydiditbecauseyouweretired,lolcanyoustillreadthis,omg,IthinkIshouldgotobednow,too.AHH!)]

Eliot followed suit and opened his notebook, flattening out the page. He decided that he didn't need to wow anyone with something spectacularly innovative, just something enough to show his skills, his strengths. He began to scrawl her outline, a thin body, sitting legs crossed against a wide plane- he figured she was a free spirit, uncontainable by the limits of the world around her. Next, her features. The soft dimples in her cheeks, the softness of her hair- for a girl with such a rough exterior, he bet that she was a fluff.
"That's pretty cool. I don't really know many people in my year, to be honest. I might have had a class or two with him, but didn't notice." he shrugged a bit, a look of rueful thoughtfulness spread on his face, "Last year was kind of blur. I don't really remember much of it.."

His sketch was looking more and more like the girl in front of him as the conversation continued. The most difficult area was not her tattoos, as Eliot soon found out, though, they were a special challenge. No, the most difficult was her eyes. They were much too bright, too something that pencil and paper could capture adequately.
"That's good that you know your way around the campus. Did you get settled in your dorm? Ah- I should have asked even before if you were even in the dorms!" he chuckled, his laughed soft and rhythmic as he corrected himself.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 pm

[KATEY. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU. CONVERSATED IS NOT A WORD, AND YOU KNOW IT! SHAME! SHAME ON YOU! D:< (it'sokayIstillloveyou,andIknowyouonlydiditbecauseyouweretired,lolcanyoustillreadthis,omg,IthinkIshouldgotobednow,too.AHH!)]

Eliot followed suit and opened his notebook, flattening out the page. He decided that he didn't need to wow anyone with something spectacularly innovative, just something enough to show his skills, his strengths. He began to scrawl her outline, a thin body, sitting legs crossed against a wide plane- he figured she was a free spirit, uncontainable by the limits of the world around her. Next, her features. The soft dimples in her cheeks, the softness of her hair- for a girl with such a rough exterior, he bet that she was a fluff.
"That's pretty cool. I don't really know many people in my year, to be honest. I might have had a class or two with him, but didn't notice." he shrugged a bit, a look of rueful thoughtfulness spread on his face, "Last year was kind of blur. I don't really remember much of it.."

His sketch was looking more and more like the girl in front of him as the conversation continued. The most difficult area was not her tattoos, as Eliot soon found out, though, they were a special challenge. No, the most difficult was her eyes. They were much too bright, too something that pencil and paper could capture adequately.
"That's good that you know your way around the campus. Did you get settled in your dorm? Ah- I should have asked even before if you were even in the dorms!" he chuckled, his laughed soft and rhythmic as he corrected himself.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Jaelle smiled, glancing up periodically at the male in front of her as she drew.
Her favorite thing about him so far? His hair. She was a sucker for blondes.
"No, I live in an apartment just a few minutes from campus. It's just me and my ferret." She gave a slight chuckle. A lot of people thought it was funny for someone to have a ferret, but honestly, Jaelle couldn't imagine her life without Tobar. "What about you?"

Inside, Jaelle really was a fluff. She was a sucker for animals, especially. And children-
More particularly, children with disorders like tourettes and downs. Jaelle's first career choice was working with children with those disorders as a counselor.
However, her addiction to the needle put a stop to that really quickly. Jaelle loved tattoos, and loved piercings. Tattoos, however, she loved more.
Her first tattoo was one on the back of her neck, a knot symbol for her mother, who had the same tattoo in the same place.

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Eliot slumped in his chair, trying to figure out how to emphasize the highlights and low-lights in Jaelle's hair. Smudge or shade? He figured it was better not to shade in her hair, at the risk of it seeming too dark.
"A ferret, huh?" He raked his hands through his hair, and settled back into drawing, "Too much moxie for me. But you have an apartment, so that's pretty good. If it's close, you're in Redwood or Palm Ridge. Do you know your way around the area?"

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:31 pm

"Redwood, actually." Jaelle looked up, smiling at Eliot. It seemed like drawing was second to breathing for him. He made it look seamless. "And not really. I've gotten lost a couple times." Jaelle chuckled. "It's not really like I have anywhere to go, though. None of my friends from high school are going here, so I usually just go to school, go home, and occasionally go grocery shopping."

"Students, you have one more minute before you must present your work." Lane's voice pierced through the chit-chat of the students. Time had really flown quickly for Jaelle- she felt as if she'd gotten close to nothing done.

She looked down at her paper- it was Eliot, from torso to his head. Behind him were patterns of whirring designs that somewhat resembled machinery. He was dressed in a figure-fitting v-neck tee and on his arms, chest, neck, and some of his face marks were inked to his skin. His face, however, was not finished. He had one eye, his nose, and his lips which were pressed into a thin line of concentration, or devilishness.
He actually looked somewhat foreboding, though the boy in front of her looked nothing of the sort.
How in the world did that happen? She wondered.

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Eliot sighed as Lane called out the time, and began to fill in where tattoos really laid upon her skin. There was something off about the girl on his page, to the girl in front of him. The girl on the page was too dull, not bright enough, she paled in comparison to the real thing, Eliot thought. In the picture, she wore a soft white eyelet lace dress, her eyes looking upward with her hands placed in her lap. The paper Jaelle looked calm in her sitting position, almost unaware of the outside space around her. Although beautiful in it's own right, he liked the live Jaelle much better.

When he finally looked up at her for the last time, Lane called time, and Eliot set his pencil in his lap taking the next few seconds to study her, unabashed. After those seconds, his face faltered and he looked to his picture and back at her, "That's cool. I live in the next complex over, Palm Ridge. I could show you around after my next class, if you'd like, unless you're booked today." his topaz eyes glimmered with the hope of some kind of adventure, "I've got nothing better to do, and besides, you should know where things are; I wish I did, my freshman year," he took a second to remember something- a swift memory across his' mind's eye, "Everyone should know where the three walgreens are in the area in three in the morning." He chuckled lightly, and shook his head, trying to shake off the unfortunate memory.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:16 pm

The first pair of students spoke up, holding up their sketchbooks and telling the group of students why that reminded them of their partner.
Jaelle, honestly, did not care.
"Sounds like you definitely needed to your freshman year," she whispered to him. She had scooted her chair closer to him so she could lean in and mumble quietly in his ear.
She didn't let him see her drawing but did not attempt to look at his.
"And yes," she continued. "I would love for you to show me around this town."

Now, Jaelle had never had a way with boys. It seemed like every time she was interested in someone, all too soon they considered her to be 'one of the guys'. She did, however, have a very long lasting relationship (three years, to be exact) that ended her Senior year.
She had not attempted to be with anyone since, but the thought did cross her mind with Eliot.

He's just being nice, she thought. A friend in this town would be good. A friend, a friend, nothing more. She continued to talk herself into not getting her hopes up, and by the time it was their turn, she had accomplished just that.
"You go first." She nudged Eliot in the side, standing up.

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:36 pm

As Jaelle mumbled in his ear, Eliot went still. Her breath was warm on his skin: warm and delicious. It might have looked as if he didn't move for the sake of not moving, but Eliot locked himself in place until he felt his senses granted to him once more. Finally, he looked to the lovely girl and nodded, smiled.
"Forsure."
Upon hearing his name, Eliot stood with his partner, folding the cover of his sketchbook to the back, in order to hold his sketch with ease. He flattened his sweater at his side and as Jaelle nudged him, he nodded to her request.
"Jaelle was my partner. I found through brief dialogue that she's not as rough as her exterior, thus the light elements in my sketch. Uh, the rest is really just her in paper form, I guess." Lane nodded smiled encouragingly.
"Very nice lines-"
"Eliot"
"Yes, very nice lines, use of light and shadows, Eliot. Good work."

[Yeah, I'mma stop. I still feel like if I do shit to Lane, I'm godmodding.]

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Jaelle listened, her gaze focused on Eliot's face. She listened as he spoke, and glanced at hsi picture;
she genuinely liked it. A lot. When it came time for her to speak, Jaelle drew a shaky breath and held up her sketch.

"Well, honestly, I have no idea how this happened." She gave a little chuckle to herself. "Lookign at Eliot, standing next to me, this is not what he looks like. Physically, facially, yes. But, how this picture came out scary, and how all...this...happened, I don't know. This is just what happened in my head." Jaelle shrugged, looking across the room at Professor Lane. He nodded his head and Jaelle took her seat.

"You've all done very well. Now, for the rest of the class period, I want you to come up with your first project." Professor Lane went on explaining how it would go. It may be any medium they like, any size, anything they want. "However, it must contain one thing. This thing may be the focus of your project, it may be just a speck in the corner but it must be in your work. This thing is: A yellow finch."

[Timewarp this shit, Ellie. You do it better. XD]

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 pm

[LOL. YOU LAZY PANDA.]

Eliot focused just barely through the rest of the class period. He managed to figure out his medium and the general theme for his project, but he couldn't quite concentrate completely. He wanted to talk to Jaelle, he wanted to continue learning about her life. She was interesting, and definitely gorgeous. As the class grew to a close, Professor Lane excused his class. As Eliot packed his things into his bag, he left out a scratch piece of paper.

Turning to Jaelle's desk, he scribbled his number quickly on the little square and held it out to her, patiently. When she finally looked up, he smiled, "I have a class after this, but if you meet me at the lobby of this building, I'll show you around."

His digital arts class was not very appealing. His teacher went over the basics of photoshop and asked the students to work on a quick sketch. The clean and fine lines of Eliot's sketches were obviously a product of working with digital media. He couldn't get the paper and the live girl out of his head. As the minutes wasted away, Eliot sketched a girl reading a book, fairies and sparkles and miniature mythical beings floating from it's pages. The doodle was simple, simply line art and a layer of highlights. Class was up before he could finish anything else. When he out of his classroom, he headed towards the stairs, dropping two floors. When he angled around to Building C's lobby, he stopped and took inventory of faces.

Not her. Not her. Not her. Not her. . .

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 pm

When Eliot turned to leave the class, Jaelle quickly scooped up the piece of paper and bit her lip, smiling. Her eyes flashed up, watching him walk out of the door with other students.

Her next class was anatomy and physiology. She listened to the teacher introduce herself and go into a light lesson, assigning homework right off the bat.
Of course, she wasn't paying attention. She continued to think of the drawing she had done of Eliot, and the real Eliot. How different they were...
She watched the clock constantly. Five minutes felt like an hour, but when the class was finally done Jaelle was the first one out of the doors.

She scanned the lobby area, full of students who were leaving campus for lunch. Finally, after rifling through the faces, she spotted Eliot and heded his way with a smile on her face.

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Ah, His mind produced contentedly. As he took his first step forward, his cell phone began to ring, sending out loud screams and guitar riffs into the lobby. Eliot pulled out his phone, flipped the sleek black screen upward and brought it to his ear, still walking forward. As he approached Jaelle, he stopped short.
"Hey, man. What's-" The smile that was brought on with the realization of the person on the other line slipped from his face as the person interrupted his greeting, "No, nothing. I mean-" again he was interrupted and his brows knit together. He stared bounced lightly between Jaelle and his shoes, listening to the other end. When he finally looked up, he mouthed "I'm sorry," and continued listening to the person on the other end.
"Well, listen, I haven't-. . . Yeah. I will. For sure. Alright, man. I'll talk to you late-. Yeah, alright. Bye."

With that, he hung up his phone, slipping the shiny samsung into his pocket. "Sorry about that," He smiled lightly scratching the back of his head, "One of my old friends called up, said he heard about something going on in the neighborhood where I work." Eliot shrugged and brought his hands to his pockets, "I apologize." Staring at Jaelle in the lobby's natural light, Eliot decided that she was beautiful. He also decided that she was interesting. He wanted to ask her as many questions as it took until he understood even her innermost thoughts. There was a part of him that, he ventured to say that it was the majority, felt that it was a horrible idea to get close to someone, especially in his state. But a smaller part relished in the newness of Jaelle and the excitement she brought.

He hung his reservations in the back of his mind on a coat rack next to the door, and put a smile on his face.
"Ready?"

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NaNa_Knokkoutt on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Jaelle listened patiently as Eliot attempted to chatter with the person on the other line. She looked around, biting her lower lip and bouncing on her feet. Her hands were folded neatly in front of her. Over her shoulder hung her ratty messenger bag that she'd had since seventh grade and which she would NEVER give up. Her fingers then grabbed a lock of her hair, twisting and playing with it until Eliot hung up.

When he asked if she was ready, she smiled with her mouth, as well as with her eyes. Jaelle's parents had always called her Sunshine, and for a good reason- not only was most of her wardrobe yellow, but she eminated a sort of giddy light that usually spread to those around her.
She loved smiling and laughing, and did her best to always keep a grin on her face and a spring in her step.
"Yep. I'll go where you lead me."

NaNa_Knokkoutt
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!