Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Someone Like You [ooc]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Someone Like You [ooc]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Gabe and Alexa were inseparable. The two had been together since middle school, most of highschool, and throughout college. It seemed to be written in the stars for the couple to tie the knot and become man and wife. Gabe was sure of this as well when he went into the jeweler's to select an engagement ring to give to his long-time girlfriend. But, little did he know what would happen on the evening of his proposal.

You see, Gabe had an older brother,
James. James was always close with Gabe, and was also the only person Gabe had told about his plans to ask Alexa to marry him. He acted thrilled. But that night, when Gabe came home from work earlier than expected to get ready for the date where he was planning to pop the question, he walked into his and Alexa's shared apartment only to find her and James getting intimate. Horrified, Alexa tried to explain herself, while James remained silent. Gabe didn't utter a word, but his emotions were written all over his face. It was over between them.

Now, it's been almost a year since the incident, and Christmas is approaching. Gabe's family had always gotten together for the holidays and gone up to their cabin in Colorado, because it was the only time they all saw each other during the year, what with everyone's busy lives. Reluctantly, Gabe agrees to go for his mother's sake, despite not wanting to see James, as he hadn't since he'd seen him and Alexa together. But when he gets there, it comes as even more of a shock when Alexa and James show up wearing rings on rather important fingers.... The family is surprised to hear that the two of them eloped without telling a soul. Of course, Gabe is infuriated, but has promised to stay nonetheless. And what else does fate hold when his parents bring along
Jennifer, an attractive twenty-something girl from Europe who has been living with Gabe's parents as apart of some kind of exchange program, and she takes a liking to him? Let's just say, this is bound to be quite the Christmas.

character roles
Gabe
[ Secret Admirer ]

Jennifer
[ Sarcasm ]

James
[ citylights ]

Alexa
[ Queenforaday ]

Mommy Grayson
[ Secret Admirer ]

Daddy Grayson
[ Sarcasm ]

Little Sister
[ Secret Admirer ]

Neighbor Boy
[ Queenforaday ]

I will be playing other family members, unless interest in a character is made. PM me or post here for other character ideas, I'm open. :)

skeleton

Code: Select all
[right][img]realistic only. URL here. align however.[/img][/right] [size=150][font=georgia][i][color=#FF8080]Full Name[/color][/i][/font][/size] [size=95][font=helvetica]name here. use ones provided unless making an unlisted character.[/font][/size]

[size=150][font=georgia][i][color=#804080]Role[/color][/i][/font][/size] [size=95][font=helvetica]whatever you're bein'![/font][/size]

[size=150][font=georgia][i][color=#FF8080]Age[/color][/i][/font][/size] [size=95][font=helvetica]be reasonable here. main characters should be at LEAST 23+. PM me for questions.[/font][/size]

[size=150][font=georgia][i][color=#804080]Persona[/color][/i][/font][/size]  [size=95][font=helvetica]be detailed, include pieces from bio here too if needed. this is where i need elaboration, because it's how i will determine if you get the role or not. :)[/font][/size]

[size=150][font=georgia][i][color=#FF8080]Appearance[/color][/i][/font][/size]  [size=95][font=helvetica]description. and not just the normal kind. include habits, weird things, et cetera. tattoos... you get the drill.[/font][/size]

[size=150][font=georgia][i][color=#804080]Other[/color][/i][/font][/size]  [size=95][font=helvetica]whatever else didn't fit in otherwise, put here. e.g. likes, dislikes [/font][/size]
Last edited by Secret Admirer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Someone Like You [ooc]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarcasm on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Image Full Name Jennifer Tyra Monroe

Role Jennifer- The Euro Exchange Student

Age Twenty-four

Persona Jennifer has always been an incredibly free spirited and intelligent person. She tends to be rather confident, and it can sometimes come off as cocky or arrogant but it's rare that it ever gets out of control. She's not one for confrontation and would rather run from something that will cause anything of the sort then face it head on, leading to her lack of taking things too seriously. Her lack of taking anything really seriously has often put her in a difficult situation with her family, due to her mother's medical condition and the fact she simply refuses to believe that being serious will ever lead to anything good. IF people stopped taking things in stride and putting on such airs then maybe people would be happier and we would have less arguing in the world. She prefers drinking, any form of excitement, and being able to lounge as much as possible, attributing to her sometimes lazy nature. Her attention span can sometimes match a butterfly's and it's no exaggeration. One minute she can be talking about driving down the road to a friends house and the next she could be rambling about politics, even if it's something she knows nothing about. Despite her flaws and even her good points, Jennifer is a good person at heart and rarely means anyone any ill will. She strives to be accepted by those around her, and will put all her effort into anything she does. It just takes a person time to get to know her but in the end they'll end up finding a good friend in her.

Appearance Willowy and graceful, with an angelic smile that tends to spark a bit of life into whoever it's directed towards. Jennifer would not speak of herself in any way that could seem as if she was being a snob about the way she looked. With her tall and wonderfully slim figure that's a feast for most men's eyes, Jen tends to only find the flaws instead of the gems of her appearance. Her crystal blue eyes that always seem to be light up with either joy or excitement are undoubtedly her most notable feature, other than her signature pouty lips, always lined and colored with M.A.C Sheen Supreme New Temptation lipstick. It all matches well with her honey blonde hair, far from her natural almost platinum blonde that she inherited from her mother. She found that being slightly more brunette usually worked in her favor, and people usually took her to be as smart as she actually is. She only has one tattoo, and she didn't get it just because it was considered the "cool" thing to do where she lived. When she was younger, her mother used to read her "The Ugly Duckling" every day before she went to sleep. The beauty of the whole thing was the fact that Jennifer was not nearly as pretty when she was younger as she was now, so the story felt somewhat similar to her own feelings. She lived much like the Ugly Duckling, and while it was unfortunate her mother grew sick a year before Jen went High School, she did get to see her daughter finally become a Swan.

Other Don't ever ask her to work a computer other than using Google. It's about it with her and all you'll end up doing is arguing , which you probably don't want to end up doing with her.
Last edited by Sarcasm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sarcasm
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Image Full Name Gabriel "Gabe" Alexander Grayson

Role Gabe. Victim of cheating and betrayal.

Age Twenty-six

Persona Gabe was always the "funny guy", with a great sense of humor that seemed to attract people to him like bees to honey. He is nice to be around, repelling drama for the most part and just having an all around positive attitude. He used to be a planner, not liking to leave his calender empty, but now he believes in living for today. That was part of the reason he got his tattoo, "carpe diem", meaning "seize the day". He is not the kind of guy to womanize or disrespect women (or anyone for that matter). Gabe's mother taught him to be a gentleman, and use manners. He did go through a partying phase for a few months in college, but that ended when Alexa knocked sense into him. Overall, he is a sensitive, caring person who just wants to love and be loved.

Appearance Six feet with mustle on him, a head of wavy chocolate brown locks, and a boyishly handsome grin makes Gabe an attractive young man. He is typically clean-shaven, but he did attempt to grow a beard after Alexa and him split up. That didn't last too long. He's got a fair complexion but can get tan quickly if out in the sun. He has one tattoo, and it's on the side of his torso. It's vertical and reads, "Carpe Diem". He has a habit of running his fingers through his hair; it's kind of a tick. He normally dresses casual, with jeans and a t-shirt or button up. He's not a dressy kind of guy, but looks fantastic in a suit. But I'm sure you were already assuming that.

Other He loves to crochet. Don't judge.
Last edited by Secret Admirer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queenforaday on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Image Full Name Alexandra "Alexa" Leila McQueen-Grayson.

Role Alexa. Said cheater and betrayer.

Age Twenty-Six.

Persona Alexa had been Gabe's dream girl from day one of their relationship.

Appearance Alexa is five feet and seven inches of pure allure. Nearly everything about her is pleasing to the eyes, from her full, supple lips, her virtually flawless olive-toned complexion, the smooth attentive curves of her breasts and hips, to her soft laugh or the way she gently bites her bottom lip when she's embarrassed. Her eyes are a very dark and deep brown, their color nearly resembling black to anyone who hasn't never stared into them for more than a two minutes. Alexa's hair is a long mane of deep chestnut locks, which compliments her skin tone perfectly. The day that Gabe caught her in bed with James, Alexa had gotten a tattoo of a "G" for him below her right ear, but he never got to see it. So now, she just tells James it stands for "Grayson". ( 1 & 2 ).

Other whatever else didn't fit in otherwise, put here. e.g. likes, dislikes
Last edited by Queenforaday on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Queenforaday
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

I went ahead and added the both of you to to the first post, since I've RPed with you before and trust you'll make a great addition to the plot :) Invite others, please! I was thinking there could be other characters, like a neighbor, a sister, et cetera.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Still looking for a James :)

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:47 am

I'd love to join as another character. Would it possible for Gabe & James to have a younger sister?

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:46 am

I'm already making that character. We need a James before anything else.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby citylights on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am

Image Full Name James Benjamin Grayson.

Role James - The older brother.

Age 28

Persona It's always the same case when two brothers are involved; there' a good brother and a bad brother and you can comfortably say that James is definitely the bad brother. With a head so big, confidence isn't something he lacks, in fact, he's extremely arrogant and is quick to spit out a witty comeback if you dare to insult him. Going with the flow is pathetic and he has to have everything his way which is where his manipulative side comes in. James lacks sensitivity and doesn't actually realise how his actions can cause serious damage, it's the fact that he still hasn't learnt from his mistake even after ruining his relationship with Gabe. The differences between James and Gabe are that; one, he's a massive womanizer, suprisingly, his mother did teach him the basic manners which he uses to woo women; two, he's never been a fan of cramming his schedule, bring on the lazy days and three; he doesn't have this desperate need for love. Oh and if you haven't noticed, he's more sarcastic than Chandler Bing.

Appearance Tall, dark and handsome. Pretty much. James stands at 6 foot, with brown/black hair and has a pretty face which the opposite sex just can't get enough of. It doesn't help that he has an incredibly chiselled jaw with ice blue eyes which can tell you exactly what he's thinking. Most of the time, you can tell what he's thinking just by his facial expressions but you might not want to read into it too much if you don't want to be insulted. His mannerisms are usually nonchalant and cocky which include this eye thing along with his smoulder, infamous smirk and playing with his ear when he's bored with the conversation.

Other He's played football all his life and is a massive fan of it.

citylights
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queenforaday on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am

Oh Nate, you'll make the perfect hubby. ;D

Queenforaday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 am

Image Full Name Emily Danielle Grayson

Role The younger sister who prides herself with being wiser than her brothers.

Age Twenty-three

Persona Sarcastic, spoiled, lively, blunt, cranky in the morning, Daddy's girl. That's Em for ya'.

Appearance Em when she went blonde for a while. Photo with her two roommates at a party.. Ha. Emily is a height of five feet and eight inches, with a slender bodice and feminine curves where they are desirable. She keeps fit from all the walking in the city she does, plus her organic diet, which of course will be broken over the holidays. She's got dark brown hair that's rather long, cascading down her back; it's naturally wavy but she straightens it on a regular basis. Her eyes are a deep chocolate brown that can get easily lost in, soft and glinting. She's got a killer smile, maintained even without braces. Overall, she's a gorgeous young woman, even when she wears her sweatpants and baggy t-shirt.

Other Em lives with two gay friends in San Francisco. The interesting thing is, her mother is quite fond of it. Despite the possibility the men could be secretly straight, and rapists. Oh well.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Image Full Name Isabelle Emiliana Grayson

Role Mommy Grayson

Age A woman's age is never to be revealed. So this means she's over 40.

Persona Controlling, meddling, up in everyone's business, gossip, fun, exciting, obsessed with laughter, sexual, likes to make her kids uncomfortable. And many more traits which will soon be revealed.

Appearance description. and not just the normal kind. include habits, weird things, et cetera. tattoos... you get the drill.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queenforaday on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Image Full Name Theodore "Theo" Emerson Carmichael.

Role The Neighbor Boy.

Age Twenty-three.

Persona be detailed, include pieces from bio here too if needed. this is where i need elaboration, because it's how i will determine if you get the role or not. :)

Appearance description. and not just the normal kind. include habits, weird things, et cetera. tattoos... you get the drill.

Queenforaday
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Here's the wonderful dilemma I have.

What sort of character to play C: . Thanks for the invite though! If you guys are full I understand as well.

Madmoiselle
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby citylights on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:15 pm

cheers Alisaurus ! can't hope to finally RP with you haha

citylights
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarcasm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Image Full Name Noah Mane Grayson

Role Daddy Grayson

Age Fourty-eight

Persona Kind, considerate, observant when it comes to his kids, protective [mostly over Em], calm, quiet, relatively cheerful. He's almost everything his wife isn't, which manages to set a good balance and a happy marriage between them.

Sarcasm
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Can't wait to start this ;D

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby citylights on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Same here Secret!! And can I just say, the Graysons are one good looking family.

citylights
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Haha, that they are! :) I am almost finished with the IC, btw!

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queenforaday on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm almost finished with Alexa! ;D

Queenforaday
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!