Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Someone Like You [ic]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Someone Like You [ic]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

It had been a week since Gabriel Grayson had purchased a beautiful engagement ring. He was so excited that he could barely keep still at any hour of the day or night, he was sleep-deprived, and nervous all the time. But it had to be perfect. When he asked her, it had to be right. Just a fancy dinner with the ring in the bottom of the champagne class wasn't enough for Gabe; he wanted to go up and beyond, because that's what he believed Alexa deserved. He had everything planned, and when the night arrived, he had got into dressed up in an ivory button down shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, as well as some nice brown pants and a brown vest to match. He looked dapper, and driving to Alexa's house, a million emotions were running through his head. Fear, excitement, doubt... but he pushed those feelings aside.

Gabe walked up to the apartment, ring in his pocket, and a bouquet of red roses gripped in his free hand. He went to knock, but when no one answered, he simply entered himself, looking around the empty foyer. "Alexa?" He had called out, blinking as he walked deeper into the apartment, heading for the bedroom, where the door was slightly cracked and he could hear a noise. "Babe, are you ready? We've got reservations..." he stopped mid-sentence as he opened the bedroom door. The sight he saw made him speechless; he dropped the flowers, his breathing becoming uneven.

"I can explain," Alexa had said, tears gathering in her eyes. She had rolled out from underneath James, pulling the sheets over her naked chest. His brother didn't utter a word, and neither did Gabe. After a few more silent moments, Alexa spoke again, saying, "It's not what it looks like... Gabe, wait. Gabe, I'm sorry!" But by that time, he had walked out of the room, leaving the roses in ruins on the ground as he left the apartment. And that was that. What was supposed to be the happiest night of his life, had turned into his worst nightmare.

"Gabe! Hello? Can you hear me? GAAAABBBEEE!" Isabelle Grayson, Gabe's mother, was yelling on the other end of the phone as he drove through the woods, heading to the cabin.

"Mom! Yes, I can hear you, why are you yelling?!" He replied, rolling his eyes as he watched for the turn he was supposed to make. No matter how many times he had driven these roads, there was one street he always missed when heading to the cabin.

"Oh, good. Honey, I need you to run to the market and pick up some advil for your father. He's got a nasty headache, and neither of us are up to driving."

He sighed, before nodding to himself and responding with a, "Sure, Mom. Be there in a few. Love you." And then, he hung up. Soon enough, he had stopped by the local store just a few minutes away from the house, and arrived at his destination. It was a comfortingly familiar sight, to see the trees and his mother's car in the driveway, as well as the front door of the cabin. It was a deep burgundy red, something he had noted since childhood, with a small scratch running down the left side from an incident when he and James were younger. He smiled to himself as he got out of the car, unloading his suitcases and heading inside.

Mrs. Grayson greeted Gabe immediately, wrapping her arms around him and kissing both his cheeks. "Oh, Gabriel, how are you?" she said, touching his face and tilting her head with a loving pout on her lips.

"I'm good, Mom." he answered, giving her a smile as he picked up his bags again. "Where's Dad?"

"In the living room. Lazing around. Waiting for his advil," she said, looking around. "Where's the advil?"

"Right here, Mom," he said, reaching into his pocket and handing it to his mother. "Am I the first one here?"

"Yes. It's just me, your father, and Jenny right now. Emily should be here soon, as well as James, too..." she seemed a bit hesitant upon saying James' name, knowing the situation.

"Oh, alright. Cool. But wait, Jenny?" He asked, tilting his head and blinking, confusion obvious on his face.

"Jennifer. The exchange student? She's been staying with us, didn't I tell you? Jenny!" she called out, and the both of them waited for her to make an appearance.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Someone Like You [ic]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarcasm on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Noah could hear the sound of his wife's excited voice greeting Gabe from the living room. How many times had she felt the need to call all of their kids and check up on their "progress" on their trip back home. Hearing the sound of her excited voice only made him rub his head tiredly before he got up out of his leather armchair. "Come on Goldie, get up lazy girl." The large golden retriever only shook her head and let out a yawn before shaking her fur and following her master all the way into the room Izzy and Gabe were in .

Immediately Noah pulled his son into a big hug, squeezing him tightly before looking him up and down." You look good sport, glad to see you here. Surprised your here earlier than Em and ..James." He couldn't help but pause a little at his older boy's name, still feeling slightly uncomfortable with his kids situation. Goldie on the other hand assumed the position as the family's loveable dog, jumping up with her paws on Gabe's stomach as she attempted to shower him with kisses. "Ohhh I see Advil, thanks kiddo. " Noah reached towards the Advil in his wife's hands, uncapping the tiny bottle and taking out two blue pills.

"Some reason I have a feeling I'm going to need more of these." He replied in his usual joking manner, flashing a grin towards Izzy before he walked into the kitchen, the smell of warm coffee and toast already making it's way throughout the house. The familiar blonde pony tail was bobbing cheerfully as it made it's way around the kitchen, putting plates around the kitchen's island and pouring orange juice and coffee into several mugs and glasses, all the while the sound of cheerful humming flitted around the room. "Good morning Jen, whatever your making smells great. " He noted right as he walked towards one of the stools and sat down, taking a swig of his orange juice and swallowing his two pills.

"You might want to go and meet Gabe. He already arrived a few minutes ago . Izzy was calling for you to meet him."

The sound of Mr. Grayson's voice made Jennifer Monroe pause in her humming, a small smile passing over her face and her eyes full of morning cheer. "Bacon, eggs, and toast! I was hungry, figured everyone else must be too." She carefully lifted a piece of bacon from one of the plates and took a small bite of it, slowly savoring the flavor before putting it back on her own plate for later. "Gabe...Gabe. OH! The younger son, ya I'll go see him right now." She quickly adjusted her high pony tail, walking fast past Mr. Grayson while he sat drinking his orange juice and now reading the morning paper as well as feeding Goldie a piece of his bacon.

As Jennifer made it into the room Mrs. Grayson was in, she immediately caught her breath as she saw the tall man beside her. She couldn't help but stare at him for a moment, silently admiring his muscles that were showing even through his shirt. She looked away when she realized her own appearance was thankfully alright at the moment, besides her "kiss the chef" apron she was wearing.

"Hello, I'm Jennifer. Pleasure to meet you" Without thinking she would leand forward towards him, greeting him with the usual two kisses, one on each cheeks just like she would have done in France.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sarcasm
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Someone Like You [ic]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Gabe smiled brightly and let out a laugh as Goldie hopped onto him, almost knocking him over. He knelt down and pet the dog, looking up at Noah. "Hi, Dad." he said, then stood back up to shake the man's hand, then pull him into a hug. Jennifer, a girl he didn't recognize, made her appearance. When he saw her, he was silent, taking in her looks; mostly the humorous apron she wore. He smiled after a moment, realizing he was staring. He stuck out his hand, about to introduce himself, but she kissed him on the cheek. "Oh. Uh, hi," he said, blushing ever so much. "I'm Gabe." It was a moment later that Emily arrived, making quite the entrance.

"I'm heeeerrreee!" Em called out, lugging her suitcases inside the door with a grunt. "Any strong men here to help me with my bags?" She grinned that winning grin of hers, charming everyone. When she saw Gabe, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Gabe!" she screamed, running over to her brother and basically leaping into his arms, looping her arms around his neck. He laughed, wrapping his arms around his sister's waist in a tight hug before setting her down.

"How's my favorite little sis, huh?" he asked, grinning.

"She's wonderful." Em grinned, showing both rows of teeth. She looked at her mom and dad, giving both of them hugs too. "Mom! Daddy!" It was then that she noticed someone unfamiliar. "Who's she?" she asked quite bluntly, tilting her head.

Secret Admirer
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!