Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Stargate:Recurrence (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Stargate:Recurrence (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 pm

The year is 2017, twenty years since Stargate Command was instituted. Earth's citizens still have no idea about the Stargate and the various threats on their planet over the past two decades. Atlantis was removed from San Francisco harbor in mid-2009 when it was decided by the IOA that Atlantis's purpose was better served back in the Pegasus Galaxy- continuing to fend off what Wraith were leftover, exploring the planets there, and expanding the territory explored by Earth. So, in a nutshell, Earth's exploration of the three accessible galaxies- The galaxy of the Tau'ri, the galaxy previously known as the Ori Galaxy, and the Pegasus Galaxy, has increased nearly unhindered over the past eight years- limited only by the budgets set for the Stargate program.

As for technologies, the governments of Earth have begun to sneak technologies gathered over the years into the technologies used on earth, starting with defense tech and then medical. Even so, we can hardly say we've explored the full extent of the the Asgard knowledge planted on the Daedalus so many years ago, as well as the knowledge to be gathered at Atlantis. There are whole teams of researchers designated to studying these databases.

Around 2012, General Hank Landry retired from his oversight of the SGC. From here, Colonel Samatha Carter was promoted to General, as Colonel Cameron Mitchell expressed little interest in having a 'desk job' when he while he was still perfectly capable of Gate-Travel, along with the fact that Carter had been diligently serving the SGC for several years longer than Mitchell. With the twentieth anniversary of the Stargate Program swiftly approaching, General Carter has shown no signs of wishing to resign.

As for Atlantis's command, Woolsey resigned three years ago in 2014. He was replaced by one Dr. Garren Michaels, a representative of the UK who gained prominence in the IOA over the years since Atlantis landed on Earth. ((Yeah, a totally made up character. XD))

The Stargate program is creating new teams in commemoration of it's twentieth anniversary. The SGC will create three new teams, making it's team total a sound thirty. The Atlantis expedition will create four new teams, giving it twelve. This is where we come in.

Our characters will make up SG-28. My character, Colonel Rachel Jacobsen, will head this team. The other three (or four) members will be either civilian or military as you so choose. You can also have an alien character be your team member, however there can only by one alien member. So, if you want that spot, type out your profile fast. I will not reserve the spot; I must see your character bio first.

As for our missions, I know that Qetesh (The User, not Vala/Qetesh) wanted to include the Goa'uld somehow. I'm still brainstorming, as including an already defeated enemy would require some great creativity. I'm not big on bringing back any Replicators, though if we want to include them with a virtual shooting range in the SGC, feel free. As for the Wraith, if we want to see any of them outside of the Pegasus Galaxy, then I suggest you bring that up with me on the OOC or over PM. But the exact mission has not been detailed, as I would like to put together the team first. Any plot recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

As for character profiles her's the bio sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Ethnicity(Also includes alien races, if you're aiming for the alien spot):
Civilian/Military:
Rank(if military):
Designation (Weapons, Pilot, Scientist, etc. Basically what your job was before joining this team or as it was militarily. EX: Mitchell used to be a pilot):
Personality:
History (including whether or not they've previously served with the Stargate Program):
Extra (Anything else you want us to know):

Also, if the teams members all become taken, please continue to follow us until our plot has been fully established. We're going to need bad-guys when the bad-guy set has been officially established, along with other SGC and off-world characters.

As for my character, Colonel Rachel Jacobsen, her bio will come as soon as I've drawn out her picture. (I draw the appearance references of all of my characters, these days.)

Now, for the words you guys have been waiting for....

Users, you have a go!
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Stargate:Recurrence (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Name: Evan Hughes

Ethnicity: White, British

Civilian/Military: Military, Army.

Rank(if military): Lieutenant

Designation: Infantry; 1st Battalion Royal Welsh Regiment, [ Nee. 1st Battalion Royal Welch Fusiliers before 2006. ]

Personality: Down to earth, slightly pessimistic. Adrenaline junky, has been known to go out on the town one too many times in the week and arrive on base ready for inspection with a hangover on more than one occasion.

History: Evan is a new recruit for the SGP, having been shipped into the new SG-28 from his old duties for Queen and Country thanks to the new IOA Michaels' recognition of him whilst in Afghanistan. Having lost his pregnant fiancé after 4 years in the British Army to the terrorist 7/7 bombings in London, Evan took time to recover from his mourning closely pursued with entry into Officer Training in Cardiff before then being redeployed in the Middle East under the UN peace keeping until his change to the SGP, with training for different environments. Has taken his turn in the ceremonial duties of guarding the Queen's Palace as well as marches through towns and memorial ceremonies.

Extra: Misses his old Regiment's Goat Mascot.
Last edited by Sami on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Wow. You're detailed. XD Totally Accepted!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Ikinda had to hold myself back from addingdetail about the possibility of Queen Lizzy dying by then and then thinking up which of the possible candidates would take the monarchy...

But thank you.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Totally welcome. I mean, you included a birthday, the exact Regiment he was in, even the goat thing- I'm just a sucker for great detail. I mean, it took me hours to type up the first post for this OOC because I had to look up random details on the Stargate Wiki to be sure I the history would be plausible! And I've come up with random stuff since then that we might include in the story later on, though I can't decide whether or not Teal'c would have gone back to the Jaffa at this point or not...[/rant] XD

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Listening to the Soundtrack in order to get myself pumped and ready for the rest of you to post yourselves as in.

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:28 pm

There's a soundtrack? Sweet! Maybe I should hunt it down...I wonder why the others haven't posted. Qetesh and Reborneo sounded rather excited about this, and they weren't the only ones. Maybe more will post once I put my charrie's profile up.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetesh on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Sorry! I've been super busy lately. Kinda caught me at a bad time. :P

ImageName: Qetesh
Ethnicity: Hak'tar
Civilian/Military: I am Goa'uld.
Designation: Goddess.
Personality: Due to the nature of her existence, she has a bit of a split personality. Sometimes she's super nice and playful, and then other times she's very vain with a god complex. Though, both exhibit a great deal of intelligence.
History: While Telchak, the ha'taaka, was blundering with technology far beyond his comprehension, we were doing other things. We took a beautiful Lantean girl as our host. She was Hak'tar, and near ascension. But more than this, we gained all of her knowledge. With this new understanding of Lantean technology as Goa'uld, we sought a much larger territory for our claim, far from such incompetence and childish rivalries.

In other words, she was one of the most powerful and most advanced System Lords in Ancient times and when she surpassed the others so far that she could only see them as children, she decided to leave. She was the only one who even had the ability to do so. Once she gained Lantean knowledge, there was little need to stay in the Milky Way galaxy where she would have to compete with the 5, her own race, and others. So, she went to another galaxy and seeded it herself. The worlds were terraformed to be paradises and the people, well... they weren't exactly the common human you would normally find spread across the 3 galaxies known to the Tau'ri. They are closer to hak'tar, but kept from it. Rather than being in a society terrified of the Goa'uld, there is a relationship much more like that of the Ori and those that follow the path of Origin.

Her societies are kept unadvanced for the most part, so everything still seems magical. Those she deems worthy are granted immortality and live seemingly without ever seeing old age, which only adds to her divinity status. Her galaxy is divided into two sects. One is super peaceful and carefree, mostly going around completely naked and enjoying their lives, while remembering to pay respect to their goddess. The other however... is a terrifying militaristic society. Her armies are composed of only the most beautiful females of her galaxy, there are no men in her armies. There are few men in general. But, this army... they train constantly. They are however given private lives, quite serene ones. They are exposed to much higher levels of technology and in general, they actually have a great understanding of how it works and why. They are however blind in their faith to the goddess, as it has been for hundreds of thousands of years.

There is no longer a host. Now there is now only one, a combination of the two. After creating her perfect dream system to lord over, she shifted her focus to studying ascension. She discovered how to ascend in less than a lifetime, but it was not ascension itself she was interested in. Instead, she was worried of the limitations such a form would possess and its weaknesses. She eventually did ascend, but only when she was sure she could retake her physical form and repeat the process ad infinitum. This only further leads to the worship of her as a Goddess, and with so many followers... she is quite powerful. Adria anyone?

Of course, she has no interest in conquering the universe and having all worship her. The Goa'uld in her is content with an entire galaxy bending to her every whim. Butttt, I'm sure you guys will figure out a way to stir things around with a stick. ;)

Extra: You will pay for your insolence (haha! I had to).

Qetesh
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh. My. Mary Sue!

That is one bad mother, shut your mouth. However I must say I like it, Eikou I think with an enemy this....Phwaaaaoooorrr I beleive that Asgard idea I threw at you might come in handy around now

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Oh heck freakin' yes we'll need the Asgard! But hey, The Stargate program has faced down the original Goa'uld, the Replicators, and the Ori! Time for the next level. XD

I'm going to recreate this thread with the new details I've come up with, and that ya'll have added. I'll mix it up a little, but I figure the extra info might get more people to join. We need a whole SG team at least. But we've got two Stargate program personnel and a BIG baddie. I think that's a good start!

*rubs hands together* I think I've got a side-plot forming.

So, here's what I've got so far-
The Asgard of another reality solved their genetic problems not long after the weapon at Dakara destroyed the Replicators. They were able to take one more human-like forms, though a few appearance traits have stayed (grey-ish skin, slightly shorter than the average human, really small ears, etc). They, since their current problem had been solved, furthered previous research into other technologies. One Asgard in particular, a female by the name of Gna, heard of the Arthur's Mantle device in one of the Asgard dealings with earth after the descruction of the Ori. In a stroke of luck, she managed to convince the high council to let her study it alongside the research teams of the SGC. Of course, the people of earth were glad to have her along- it would help their studies greatly.

The device was moved to the current Alpha site- the IOA ruled that it would be in Gna's best interests, as she still looks far from human. That was where they studied the Mantle's inner workings. They even figured out how the technology transported Colonel Carter to another reality. While they managed to gain a limited understanding of the inner working's of Merlin's device, they still remained unable to replicate the technology. However, in one of the tests, a person did disappear for a time. Luckily, they returned five minutes later, saying that rather than changing phase, it had brought them to an alternate reality- and they had quite a story, too. This only fascinated the research team more, Gna especially. This led to more experiments. With these experiments as a guide, the team figured out how to make it change things to separate realities as easily as it changed phases before.

As you could imagine, the IOA wasn't particularly happy about this. However, the teams case was made just well enough to convince the IOA to let their research continue. However, the IOA would only let it continue on an Asgard planet- as they didn't feel it was a safe enough investigation on a Tau'ri inhabited planet (figured that it was oh-so like the IOA to do that). As you can imagine, the Asgard High Council was not too keen to let Gna bring the research to an Asgard planet if it came with a team of human scientists. Gna managed to convince them to let her have a ship on which they could conduct their research in orbit of Orilla.

The research took a seemingly bad turn here when, during an experiment, the ship was taken over to another reality- our reality. You can imagine their shock to find that Orilla was gone. So, they went to Earth. That's when Gna and a couple of other researchers beam themselves into the briefing room.

In short, when Gen. Carter finds out that the Asgard managed to fix their problem, if even in only another reality, she was elated. Gen. Carter, and a few select others are beamed aboard the research vessels Gna's team had been using. After this nice little visit, when Gna and team try to leave, they find that the Mantle won't replicate the transporting process it had earlier. Even after a couple months of study, they find that neither their mantle nor this reality's mantle will transport them back to their reality. Gna and the team of five Asgard and eight humans are stuck in our reality- for now at least.

It's not a huge Asgard resource right now, but I plan for them to figure out how to get back at the opportune moment. What do ya think? Pretty detailed for a spur-of-the-moment side-plot. I'm such a nerd!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetesh on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 am

That's fine by me. I'll kick their little gray butts! :P

Qetesh
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:50 pm

I look forward to that. This Qetesh of yours seems a formidable foe! I look forward to our war against her forces!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetesh on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 am

Is there a new thread or something?

I dunno what we're supposed to do at this point. :P

Qetesh
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 am

Was just thinking the same thing my Queen

Sami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 pm

XO I'm sorry! I've been so busy during the weekends- when I had intended on fixing this rp- to do anything. I thank ya'll for your patience, and I assure you that I fully intend on getting things set up and running smoothly.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:01 pm

As for character profiles her's the bio sheet:
Name: Jared Adam Johnson (First name was Yarus until he was awakened from stasis
Appearance: Jared is 5ft tall. His eyes and hair are brown. He has a scar on his right shoulder from a temporal anomoly. When he's not uniform, Jared either dresses the clothes he was found in or in very causual Earth Clothes.
Ethnicity: Alteran, White
Civilian/Military: Military
Rank: Corneral (This is becuase he was very expectional at his job)
Designation: Scientist of SG-28, Former assistant to the ancient Janus.
Personality: Will be reveal during the Role play
History: Jared was one of the Alterans that evacuated Atlantis during the Waith Seige. He was 90 at the time. He was also the Apprentice of Janus. Jared went ahead with the first group through the stargate to Earth. When Janus came through, Jared was there waiting for Janus. Together with some plans Janus managed to sneak with him after he left Dr. Wier in Atlantis. Afterwards He and Janus went through the stargate to a planet they could build a new Time Jumper withour the interference of the council. After a few years of resource gathering, They completed their task. Janus wanted to Jared to be his legacy and make sure the Taur'i got his knowledge intact when they were technologically advance enough. So Jared went into stasis for 10000 years. Where he slept was on a planet know as PQR-793. In 2011 he was found by SG-19 who were one recon. They had stumbled upon a sealed chamber that was designed only to allow Taur'i with the ATA gene to enter. They found Jared hugging a full ZPM (a present from Janus to the Taur'i). The SGC were thrilled to find a perfectlly preserved anicent. Jared was brought to SGC for questioning. After about 5 months of this, Jared made request. He wanted to be part of Earth fully. His request was to be citizen of the US in exchange all of his knowledge and expertise would be willing given up. After a year of being amoung the Taur'i, Jared was approach by miltary asking him to come back to SGC not as guest but as Scientist. Jared agreed and shortly after joined the Airforce as well. 5 Years later when new SG teams were being made Jared made formal request to join SG-28.
Extra: He requested that he have a gateship for his own usage since it did belong to his people race originally. He's full intergrated with Earth culture to the point of actually speaking like a human of earth.
Last edited by Waterpicker on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Waterpicker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 pm

I agree, it's definitely a draft. Some of it seems rather unlikely, as much of Atlantis was out of power for quite awhile. His chances for survival would have be very slim. Work on it a bit more, give it some more detail. As for Designation- since he's civilian, you could say what job he's taken up. And did you want him to work with the SGC? I'm leaning towards a yes, but this is definitely an incomplete profile.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pannytheangel on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:21 am

I didn't post a profile yet because for the longest time I had no idea who I wanted to use for this rp. x_x I think I finally have, although I'm still unsure if I want to use this character or my science nerd character. >_o

Name: Adrian Shuling
Appearance: But more military and less fantasy. I would draw him in a more modern setting, but unfortunately, I have no time to do so. At all.
Ethnicity: Mix of Chinese, Japanese and European
Civilian/Military: Civilian
Designation: He's officially a psychological anthropologist (such a profession does exist o_o), but unofficially, he's the obligatory nerd. :')
Personality: Adrian is a very self-aware individual, but he is also somewhat judgmental, which likely comes from his profession and his not-entirely-healthy habit of psychoanalyzing everyone around him. Thankfully, Adrian is very good at keeping his thoughts to himself (99.9% of the time) and is usually happy to go along with the current social environment, whatever that may be. He acts optimistic and has a tendency to crack possibly not-so-appropriate jokes when the situation is looking particularly bleak (IE. life or death situations). He tries to act humble, but doesn't always succeed and he tries to keep his more mischievous and potentially vengeful side hidden, with limited success. Adrian can occasionally be somewhat paranoid and will be reluctant to venture into a potentially risky situation without at least three back-up plans and four different escape routes.
History: Throughout high school and college, Adrian was easily one of the brightest students of his age. He graduated at the top of his college class from a double major in psychology and anthropology before obtaining a graduate degree from Duke University. Originally, Adrian was only interested in anthropology as more of a side interest, but it didn't take long for his side interest to integrate itself into his work in psychology and thus he ended up in duke working in the (very) small field of psychological anthropology. He was recruited into the Stargate program due to both his intelligence and, well, connections. He knew a man who had a brother who worked for a man who was the cousin of one of the researchers at the Stargate program. Very long story short, Adrian eventually met the researcher, impressed him, and before Adrian knew it he was signing his soul away on a confidentiality agreement to work as one of the many anthropologists on the Stargate program.
Extra: It is very likely that Adrian finds himself drawing more from his psychological training than his anthropological one, given the nature of the program. He is also easily bribed with books, especially those from other planets. Just because he can't read them (yet) doesn't mean he won't curl up with a dictionary of that alien language (if he can get his hands on one) and try.

pannytheangel
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Waterpicker, give me an appearance- whether it's an image or a description- and you'll be officially accepted.

And Panny, definitely accepted. Once Waterpicker fixes his appearance, and I actually post my bio (which I REALLY need to do), we'll have a full team. You know what that means? IC!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 pm

When will we start to roleplay Guys. My bio is done and I'm bored.

Waterpicker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!