Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Steampunk Pirate RP

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Steampunk Pirate RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Welcome aboard the fastest flying ship around, The Jewel of the Seven Skies!! Your captain, Annie Doherty, has chosen you to be a part of her special crew!

Not only does the crew travel around the world stealing from the rich and giving from the poor, but the entire ship is posing as a group of traveling circus performers to keep the authority off their back.

There's going to be adventure, romance, thievery, and so much more! Please come check it out, we still have some vital roles to be filled! And we can take as many able bodied seamen and cabin boys/girls as you want!!

roleplay/sky-pirates-band-of-misfits

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Steampunk Pirate RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 am

You had my curiosity .. but now you have my attention.

EDIT: Okay, looking over your roleplay, it looks like you have a number of character slots already set out? Are players not allowed to create original characters, like, we're filling in preordained spots? Which is fine, since I imagine you have stuff planned out, but I was just wondering. I had some ideas for some characters based off the circus theme, but wasn't sure if I should go through and write them up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 am

Go ahead and write them up! I'm pretty open and totally for integrating anything you would like to bring. I was just focusing on the 'ship roles' that every ship would need to operate. Anything you want to bring to the story I am totally for!!

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:45 am

I love the idea of the circus contrasted with the high-stakes pirate life, so I kind of wanted a character who sticks out or finds conflict in both worlds. Maybe a boy who has a mechanical arm (fitting with the steampunk theme) and he is hailed as a freak when the circus does its act, but I wanted to see what your thoughts were on the level of tech and steampunkery involved in the story. If it's not feasible that characters would have those sorts of augmentations, that's fine. I just love characters with flaws, and this artificial limb could be such a reminder to this kid about how this sort of life is all he'll be good for.

Again, just kinda spitballing ideas. I love the concept, I love character pieces where everyone is a (relatively) close-knit group where the dynamic is created from people interacting with each other, so I'm curious to see what other characters come from other prospective players.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I love the idea actually. And I agree with having characters that aren't so acceptable of this life. My surgeon is going to be the same way, having had a malpractice issue and this is the only way for him to make money. I would love if you joined us!!

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Sure thing! I'll stay in touch. :)

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby degenerate_telepath on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:40 am

Hey! This sounds like a really interesting idea. Steampunk, flying ships, and circuses are right up my alley! Also, since Sato was the one who welcomed me to the site a couple days ago, it would be great to have a chance to RP with him.
Reading over what you have so far, a few character possibilities come to mind: 1) an actual circus performer. It might be amusing to have someone who sees/hears about the act and applies for the job not knowing that it is just a front for the piracy operation. He/she would be amenable to thievery, though, being desperate for work, and might have some skills that would be useful for sailing, i.e. an acrobat would be good for climbing around in the rigging, or a clown would be able to stay still and silent during heists, thanks to hours of practicing pantomime. He/she could constantly be frustrated with the poor circus performances, while the rest of the crew would be annoyed with how little he/she knew about piracy and sailing. As for job, it might make sense for this character to be the one to repair and manage the sails, since mending costumes would probably be a large part of an actual clown's life... 2) a carpenter/steam mechanic. I noticed this was one of the jobs you posted, and it might be fun to play a character with few physical abilities, but who is an ingenious inventor and designer. He/she would be adept at reparing and modding the Jewel, as well as making impressive stage machinery. As I see it their role would be to ramp-up the steam-punkish atmosphere of the adventures.
As you can tell, I am willing to play either gender, and if you need someone to even out age distribution I could play an much older or younger character as well. I'm an experienced writer, but new to this site, so forgive any faux paus I make in posting or participating.
Let me know if either of the above ideas sound good and I can make a more detailed character sheet.

degenerate_telepath
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 am

I like both ideas honestly!! Whichever you like more is okay wih me!! Preferably a male, though, since we are female heavy right now. Excited to have you 'on board' :D

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby degenerate_telepath on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 am

I went with the first idea, making him a rather snobbish but amaible artist of pantomime, and afficianado of the carnivalesque. Before creating too much of a backstory, I'd like to know more about the kind of setting you are thinking of. When I think of Steampunk I usually think of victorian-era clothing, culture, etc., but with impropably advanced steam-based technology. I noticed this is set in an alternate-U.S.A., though, which would bring in a whole new element if you are sticking with the late nineteenth century time period, with racism, reconstruction-era politics and so on...You call it a "futuristic steam punk world" though, so maybe there is a completely different culture and political situation? I'm more than happy to just wait and see how this all plays out in-game, I was just curious in thinking about the kind of theatrical tradition Ruffino would come from. It would be cool if there was some kind of holographic equivalent of silent film, some weird combination of past and future...Anyway, looking forward to it!

degenerate_telepath
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!