Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Still Looking for a Roleplay Partner

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Still Looking for a Roleplay Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:21 am

Hey there everybody! How's it going?

I'm still looking for a roleplay partner, as you could probably guess. I already have an older thread I'd bump, but seeing as how it's an seriously old one and it'd probably get locked anyway...no.

My rules are fairly straightforward, I'd say...although I am not going to get into them here. At least not in full detail. I'll just keep it down to a small standard...

-No Powerplaying/Godmoding
-No Expecting Me to Double
-No One Liners. Except in cases of Extreme Writer's Block.
-NO Same gender romance! I'm sorry, I just...can't do it effectively. X_x
-NO Vampire/Werewolf characters! I have seen them FAR too often to even TOLERATE them, Twilight (gag) notwithstanding.

Also, I'd rather have the roleplay NOT take place here over RPG. Unfortunately, due to the rules (including a PARTICULAR one that I will keep my mouth SHUT over as not to incur the wrath of the mods) I am forced to remain silent over the boards for fear of getting this thread locked (which of course might happen ANYWAY due to my request). PLEASE PM me for details on that.

In any case, my list of roleplays are as follows:

* Pokèmon <!!>
* Star Wars <!!>
* Hogwarts Present <!!>
* Hogwarts Future
* Medieval Fantasy (this also includes Anthro characters and mythical beasts) :!!:
-- Arranged Marriage
-- Masquerade/Costume Ball
-- Invasion/War
-- Master/Servant
* Future Fantasy <!!>
* Super Mario Bros. <!!>

<!!> Means I have a plotline!

Right about now, I don't have particular preference over what roleplay I'd like to do. Also, ask me for my plotlines, I will be more than happy to let you know what they are when you contact me. Though if you have your own ideas you can very well submit your own, and we can toss or kick around some ideas between the two of us, maybe even merge some ideas/genres/plots together. If you have any of your own, I'd love to hear them!

In any case, I look forward to hearing from you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Still Looking for a Roleplay Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:31 am

Still lookin' for a partner, people! :D Send me 'dem PMs!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby doodlepoot on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:37 pm

I am an avid lover of a good shapeshifter story. I prefer writing female characters, although I wouldn't be opposed to creating a male one. I am a stickler for good grammar and spelling, and give long replies. Let me know if you're interested! :)

doodlepoot
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VemarielImbelinde on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:08 pm

interest if you are in the medieval-fantasy or arranged marriage

VemarielImbelinde
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 pm

I'd like to role play with you!
I am interested in these ideas :
~ Arranged Marriage
~ Costume Ball
"Nature, at least, didn't need an operation to be beautiful.It just was."

— Uglies, Scott Westerfield.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:50 am

Would bumping this get this locked? I know it's a month old, but I don't want to create an entirely new thread.

Right now I have quite a hankering for a Pokemon style roleplay myself...I just really want one for some reason.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterfall on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

If you are still interested, I would be willing to listen to your plot of your pokemon story. I wouldn't be opposed to playing either male or female characters. I am quite avid with both. Anyways, send me a PM or reply if you are still looking and interested.

Waterfall
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Dum didi da didi dum dum DA

Stilllll lookin'~

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinner on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 am

If you are still looking, I'd be more than interested in your medieval fantasy . Pm me if you wish.

Sinner
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 pm

If I had been thinking, I would have posted my plotline information and pairing requests from Subeta or something.

But I really don't want to start up a brand new thread.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello there, you patient person. Never fear, there's always someone like me that digs up ancient threads even if they haven't been bumped for months. Not that I usually get a positive response. But anyway, hi. I'm Yuki. I'm literate; feel free to go stalk me if you remain unsure, because I never trust my own opinion of my writing. Give me a second -- I need to scroll down, because your avatar of dancing Luigi is so mesmerising, damn it!

To choose between your diverse list of ideas, the most interesting for me would the Medieval fantasy plotlines, bar invasion/war, and also the future fantasy, which I would be interested in hearing more about. Nowadays I don't usually go for futuristic roleplays, because of how out-of-hand and plain unrealistic they can get (e.g., why on earth would a person actually NEED or USE a hover-car? There are some perfectly good BOATS in existence already). Putting that aside, I'd like to give it a chance, at least.

As a person, I'm smart, and reasonably active. I'm very communicative, regarding both the roleplay and general OOC chat. I'm fine to play more than one character, even if they are major, as long as the roleplay requires it. NPCs and minors, of course, are salt and pepper. Can't get anywhere without them, but they may kill you if you eat too many.

Feel free to reply here or via PM :)
Yuki.
It is truly a blight upon the aptitude of the prosing populace that a thesaurus and certificate of poets' rights have alas never yet enriched their insipid opus...
...But who am I to preach?

Snowfall
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Heh. Yeah, a lot of people usually ask for the Invasion/War Plotline...

To be kind of honest, I've been wanting to get away from the whole Medieval Fantasy genre altogether, because way too freakin' many a lot of people ask for that. But you said you wouldn't mind a Futuristic RP?

*bites lip* Yet you don't like things being too unrealistic. This may cause a problem. While my character doesn't utilize a hover-car (which in my opinion combines the qualities of a car AND a boat--boats by themselves generally don't do too well on solid land, unless you're thinking of a hovercraft or ACV, either that or I'm misinterpreting your statement entirely)...my character is NOT what you would say...human. He is humanOID (i.e. bipedal stance, overall human build, but having one or more qualities that other humans don't including but not limited to: wings, claws/talons, horns, etc.) but...*shrug*

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Yeah, I can see how our opinions differ. I'm a bit of a sociologist -- I have qualms about creating things that have no practical use (good point about the hover-cars though), and thus would not be reached by a natural progression of invention. A humanoid character would fall into this category.

Well, let's not give up just yet. Although I don't know the kind of setting you had in mind for the roleplay, there are reasons a humanoid creation would exist, if, for instance, they were used as workers (if they've got wings, messengers, horns for battle, whatever) or they were some reclusive genius's way of proving his mastermind intelligence...who knows? I'll definitely hear more about your idea before deciding if my cynical side will let me run with it :)

Snowfall
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 am

Well, my humanoid character is not artificial, so I never considered him being born in a lab as some mad scientist's experiment or something.

Basically, my character--Lumin Escintz--is...well, how could I put this? He's a winged humanoid dragon. Essentially, he hails from a planet where evolution took a decidedly very different direction over the billions and billions of years since the dinosaurs never died out. He doesn't have horns, and while he CAN breathe fire in the classical dragon sense, he still carries more "conventional" weaponry (for that time period) for instances open flame would be more than a little counterproductive. Also, while he DOES have wings and uses them to fly, he does own a star-ship/space ship of his own (for interstellar/interplanetary travel).

As it is, the setting usually changes from roleplay to roleplay. Lumin is a space fairer, but he's a sort of a cross-combination between a bounty hunter and an interstellar law enforcer and USUALLY the only real reason he would be in any environment outside of general pleasure or relaxation is because he was given a mission or an assignment to head out to the location in question.

ANYWAY, the general roleplay idea for a Future Fantasy is thus:

Long ago, the twisted Professor Savage was arrested, tried, and found guilty long ago for building bioweapons (which could include your generalization of other humanoid creations of proving his mastermind intelligence) and otherwise generally violating the terms of the Intergalactic Terran Peace Treaty of 25XX. The professor, deemed a madman due to his twisted and vile experiments on lifeforms both plant and animals based, was beginning to conduct research on live beings when the IBI (Interstellar Bureau of Investigation) bust in to catch him redhanded.

Long story short, Professor Savage's research was forcibly destroyed by the government and the Professor himself was exiled to a barren wasteland of a planet, filled with little food or water for him to spend the rest of his days on without access to a laboratory or any basic essentials.

At least, that was the plan. Ten years later since his exile, and the Interstellar Federation (ISF) has received some strange signals coming from the planet that Savage had been exiled to. Knowing that no signal ever existed from the planet beforehand, the ISF is more than a little concerned about this strange activity and dispatched a couple of investigators to check into the situation. Contact was lost with them a day after they arrived on planet and no word had been heard from them since, but they were able to send word that--somehow, inexplicably, the once barren and deathly wasteland has been partially terraformed into an equally deadly jungle environment just before word was lost.

Three weeks since the disappearance of the two investigators, the ISF has decided that Prof. Savage is behind it as well as the strange activity coming from the planet. To that end, they are sending an entire strike commando to descend down to the planet to locate, capture, and bring Prof. Savage to them so he can answer for these enigmas...and answer to justice if need be.

At the same time however, Lumin was sent by his agency with a similar agenda in mind. Only, instead his orders are to eliminate Savage, rather than capture him.

Of course, we don't have to go with this idea--we could go with something completely different.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Whew. A brilliant, original idea, but I must confess this is way out of what I'm used to and not my style in the slightest. I'll bow out of this, but if you ever feel like something on more common ground (I generally span realism, historical, drama, and anything less than high fantasy) go ahead and PM me, if only to direct me to your latest roleplay or 1x1-seeking thread :)

Snowfall
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 am

lol x3

That's a shame. *shrug* Ah well. Well, thanks anyway for your interest.

If anybody else is still interested, please don't hesitate to contact me--either here or via PM. :D

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fierytempest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:34 am

What's your Harry Potter plotline?

I'd also be interested in doing a Medieval fantasy plot with you.

fierytempest
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby feelingAlice on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:39 am

We're still looking for Harry Potter characters =D (Although other characters would be fine as well) We only have Draco, Luna, Ginny and Hermione so far. If you don't mind doing multi fandom you might want to try out joining our group =)?

http://capslockr.hyves.nl/
Alice: http://alicekingsleigh.hyves.nl/
Join here: https://secure.hyves.org/subscribe/

Reply here if possible =D
Create an account, add Alice (me), and/or sent Alice a PM that you've joined in so I can add you and tell the others to add you as well =)

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

And you could be just in time to join in on the new plotline which is coming up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCrJyiLuXm8

feelingAlice
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!