Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Street Racing Syndicate of America : OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Street Racing Syndicate of America : OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:24 am

Background Info :

New York City. Street racing is a little rampant. There are two kinds of racers : Those who race as a way of life, and those who race as a pastime. Racers who take on the streets as a way of life were called 'Street Racers', as it is obvious that these racers belong on the street. The other kind of racer, those who take it as a hobby, have no particular name at all. These form of racer are usually the more dangerous as they are either fresh young talent that have an edge over the other racers, or the more elite racer that have retired from the world of racing but are still a threat if they get back into the game.

Most of the races are held on Manhattan Island. With the local people told beforehand, the streets are relatively clear as the racers hold their very noisy races and parties. The races are usually three lap races, with four racers battling it out to see who's top dog. The winner takes home money that the audience gives up after betting on who the potential winner is. Sometimes these racers participate in the dreaded 'Pink Slip' races, in which two racers, usually in some dispute or another, take on each other in a simple two lap circuit race. The winner takes home the loser's car, and bragging rights that usually last for a week or so.

The other kinds of races include sprint races, which involve getting from point A to point B ahead of your competition, team races, which are four lap races taken on by two teams of two racers. Each racer runs two laps, then his/her partner takes over for the remaining two. The winner is decided by who comes in first after all four laps. There are also cross-country races, in which racers travel from state to state, winner being who crosses the finish line first, as always, and finally, territory races, where crews that consist of at least four racers battle for control of a particular territory. Territory battles consist of a set of three races. The crew that wins two out of the three races gets the territory.

RP Info :

Okay now. This RP requires that you start off as a rookie racer, learning the ropes from the vets on the street. You start off with an okay car, determined by me, and take part in races with the other rookies (other players) and/or the vets and intermediate racers (NPCs that you can control). However, winning a race is not determined by who posts first at the end of the race. Its determined beforehand by a simple dice roll. The four racers that will take part have to select a number between 1 and 6. I will, by way of the handy RPGateway chat, roll a fair six-sided die to determine who comes first, second, third and fourth. There will also be a money system involved. The amount of money for each race is determined by me beforehand, based on difficulty and skill of the racers. (i.e. I'll just make a random four-figure value in my head.) After the amount has been determined, you are allowed to place bets on the racer whom you think will lose the race. This amount is tallied by me and I'll post up the list of current bets. Once the race is over, all bet money placed will go to the respective winners. You will have to keep a tally of the money you currently have by yourself. You can tell me, and I'll put up a list with info on who has how much currently, as well as what vehicle they own.

Character sheet :

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b] :
[b]Age[/b] :
[b]Appearance[/b] :
[b]Car[/b] :
[b]Brief bio[/b] :
[b]Brief history[/b] :

Rules and Regulations :

1) This will be a mature RP, swearing is allowed, but no romance above light kissing. If I see any sort of thing that might lead to smut, I will go down hard on you.
2) All new racers will start with a total of $3000 dollars. Under no circumstances should I see you edit that amount in any way.
3) The car you choose will be determined by me as to whether or not it is a suitable car for a rookie to drive.
4) Since winners of races will be determined by dice-roll, don't even think of god-modding your way to an easy win.

My guy :

Name : Dan Anderson
Appearance : 5 feet and 10 inches of 'Don't get near me' attitude, Dan is dressed in a plain white sleeveless tanktop which goes underneath a sleeveless black hoodie. Embroidered on the left breast of the hoodie is a small silver skull, pierced by two daggers and encircled by a crimson rose. He's built quite big, but not 'My muscles have muscles' big. On his upper left arm, is a custom tattoo of the letters 'DJ' in silver, encircled by a pair of headphones and musical notes. On his head are two gold rings through the lobe of his right ear and a tattoo of three scratch scars over his left eye. He wears custom contacts that hide the sky-blue gleam of his eyes, instead covering them with pure white. His hair is an auburn, slightly nutty brown, quite messy, looks as if he uses his hand instead of a comb. He dons a pair of urban camouflage jeans that have two metal chain-link chains dangling from the right side and a pair of sneakers that are black with a white rimline around the sole area. To complete his look, he dons a unique pair of black gloves, the right glove is a cut-off, the left is a full glove. Both are decorated with three white spikes coming in from one side and ending beneath the knuckles.

Car : Night black Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
History :

The Prologue

Date : 24th November, 2005
Time : 1 A.M.
Location : Junction of Ann Street and William Street, Manhattan Island, New York City

The sound of engines fills the night air. Youths mill about a few highly modified cars, each in its own a work of art, their owners standing by the cars, talking to people and waiting for a race to start. Bets are cast, money is played, and soon, four racers stand by their cars at the starting grid. A cherry red Mitsubishi Lancer EvoX, a stark white Porsche 911 GT3 and a navy blue BMW M3 sit at the starting line, drivers revving the engines, roaring like wild lions and waking people up in the middle of the night. All of them, except for one. A night black Mercedes Benz C63 AMG. The fourth racer. The regular racers have never seen his face before, but they know he's young. He's confident, leaving the engine idle. All the cars are decked out with rear spoilers, decals, the works. The new guy has nothing, his C63 AMG looks fresh out of the dealership. But they know. They know his car isn't new. They can tell by the way he idles, the engine rumbling like a Texan with bad gas.

The starter goes to the line, puts up his hands, counts down from 3. Drops the hands, and the squeal of high-speed tyres and the smell of burning rubber fills the air. The EvoX is off the line first, shooting down the road like a red rocket. The M3 is in second, the 911 GT3 is in third, with the new C63 AMG bringing up the rear. At the first corner, left down Nassau, the crowd is still in sight, so the drivers do what they have to do to please the crowd : drift around the corner, wide and smooth. The new driver is smart. He doesn't please the crowd. Instead he guns for first, taking the inside corner, ending up in second, with the M3 and 911 GT3 struggling to pick up their positions. The EvoX driver has noticed, and floors it, sending his car shooting forward, buying himself some more time before the inevitable happens. The new kid knows what he's doing, trailing the EvoX as much as he can, drafting, slowly picking up speed. Behind him the M3 jockeys for position, also trying to draft behind the C63. The EvoX tries to shake his tail off, weaving left, then right, desperately trying to lose his competitors and open up the track.

The cars are at the second corner now, turning left to Liberty, the EvoX, C63 and M3 still maintaining their positions. The 911 GT3 driver hits his N2O, giving a burst of speed, putting him in third, beating behind the M3 to reclaim the spot. Going down to Maiden, the 911 GT3 overtakes the C63 AMG, positioning himself between him and the EvoX. The roars of the car engines fill the night, sleepy apartment owners looking out their windows and glimpsing the cars as the fly past. The new kid takes the inside corner to Water Street, then gives his other two competitors some of his dust as he overtakes the GT3 at the corner to Fulton. The distance between him and the EvoX shortens. New kid still hasn't used his N2O. At the final 'S' turn, the new kid takes the first turn smoothly, getting him in line with the EvoX. The two cars race down the short stretch of straight before the final turn, engines roaring in protest and their overuse. The new kid takes the last turn on the inside, drifting smoothly, then hits his N2O just as he straightens, rocketing him into first and taking him over the line in a flash. The EvoX driver curses as he rolls over the line, in second place, and a few hundred dollars short of cash. The new kid does a quick 180 spin and rolls back to the cheers of the crowd. And so the night ends, with the cheers of the crowd resonating in the concrete jungle, the roars of the car engines dying away in the distance.

The History

Daniel Anderson. Born to an accountant mother, Lillian Brown, and a banker father, Jack Anderson, 25th May, 1985, in the hustle and bustle of New York City, New York. His mom and dad provided him with a great education, devoting their time and money to bringing up their son as best as they could. Sending him to a prestigious school, giving him lessons on the piano, the works. Dan knew, however, that his parents were doing the wrong thing. He hated learning the piano, he didn't like associating with nerds, preferring instead to spending his recess with the local hoodlums to harass the other students before the next class started.

Then the pressure began to mount. The family suddenly lost a large amount of their monthly income due to Dan's dad severely ruining his workplace's reputation over an incident that Daniel still doesn't know today. Dad dropped into alcoholism, coming home at 1AM in the morning, almost stone drunk and spewing vulgarities at any person he saw, including young Dan and his mom. He started beating up poor mom to vent his anger over what happened, young Dan hiding in his room, listening to dear old dad thrashing on his mom, with tears streaming down his cheeks.

Skip to a few years later, in 2003. Daniel is now a student at 17 years of age, a reluctant student, at a local college with a few years of useful studies under his belt. His parents- Scratch that, parent, after his dad killed himself after a particularly bad DUI accident, is still supporting him by the thinnest of threads. His mom is now an old woman, with quite a sum of money, as luck would have it, from his dead dad's insurance. She supports Dan to the best of her ability, giving him the money he needs to pay his school fees and purchase the books he needs the most. Then the stress of taking care of a son without a father came crashing down on her, and she had a fatal stroke while sitting watching TV at home while her son was in school.

Heartbroken over the loss of his other parent-figure, Dan went into depression. His grades dipped and he started just being a loner, going home immediately after school to study, or at least try and study, while his friends, unable to do anything, sat by, watched and shook their heads as Dan's depression took a toll on his health. They went to his place in 2s and 3s everyday, comforting him as good as they could without him turning on them and chased them out of his apartment.

Then one of his best buddies, Jason Keane, introduced to him a new past-time, that he thought would somehow relieve him of his depression and bring back the Daniel Anderson he knew : Street racing. Bringing Dan to his first race to watch Jason race against some regulars just for the sport of it, Dan became obsessed with it overnight. He asked Jason where he could get a cheap car to practice the art of the race. Jason lent Dan his own car and brought him to an abandoned race track out of town where Dan clocked in a few laps every day, practicing all the moves : Getting the perfect start, cornering and overtaking, the last one with a little help from another friend, Shaun White.

Then, confident that he would take the racing scene by storm, Dan used the last of his mom's saved up money to buy a very used Mercedes Benz C63 AMG. It was the best car that he could get for the amount of money he had. To repay the rest of the car, Dan worked alongside his two new buddies and worked the circuits, earning enough dough to pay off the rest of the car and upkeep his apartment room. Dan also started into music, and as his skills grew, he was invited to replace a DJ at a local club. This brief stint caused him to choose to be a part-time DJ while he raced to earn the rest of the dough needed to run his life.

For I, am The Darkness...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Street Racing Syndicate of America : OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:07 am

Name : Matthias Christoph
Appearance : Matthias stands tall at 6'3", big for a racer. He weighs a heavily built 230 pounds, his arms, chest, back, thighs, and calves all knotted with muscles. His face follows his body: sharp and angular, with subtle curves in it as well. His eyes are a bright blue, and his short-cut hair and masterfully-groomed goatee are both a dark brown. His skin is a dark tan, but his face is a bit darker than the rest of his body.

Usually, Matthias wears a grey shirt tucked into dark blue jeans, ending with black basketball shoes on his feet. Over his shirt, Matthias wears a black, sleeveless hoodie, the hood usually up. But, the one unique thing that separates him from the rest of the racers is his mask. Whenever racing, Matthias wears a plain white hockey mask, simply to intimidate. He knows that fear is an enemy like no other. On his hands, Matthias has tattoos of knives, one on each hand.
Car : 2006 Nissan 350Z GT-S (Jet black, no decals, 100% black tint on windows.)
Brief Bio : -Will edit as soon as I get home. Gotta go now. Sorry >.<-
Brief History : -Same as above.-
Last edited by Kædai on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 am

Kaedai, what you do is post a car, any car, of your choosing. I will determine whether or not that meets the standards of a rookie racer. I don't want to decide FOR you, because if I give people a car that he/she doesn't like, he/she will complain and more or less, drop out.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:01 am

Name- :Carson Lea Gregory
Age- : 23
Appearance :Carson is about 5'7 and 125 pounds. She has red hair down to her mid back. One quick look someone might think that Carson is nothing but a puny little girl, however she has muscles that are often hid underneath her clothing. She is a trained fencer, and loves to dive
Car-1996 : Toyota Supra Turbo. (its hot pink)
Brief bio- :Carson is two different people by day then by night. By day she is the daughter of a CEO and fashion designer, her family is well off and live in a upscale 5th ave townhouse. She is a student at NYU, majoring in history. However Carson's second love is fast cars, and a side of her comes out that would make her family appalled. She started racing only a year before, only to pass the time at night. She never took either the competition or the money seriously, she mostly did it for fun. Usually whenever she needs anything she goes to her dad, however she decided to be completely independent when it came to her racing. She looks like any other normal person when she races. She has been successful in keeping her two lives separte from each other.
Brief history : (Can you tell me what the difference is in the history and the bio)
"I will live in thy heart, die in thy lap, and be buried in thy eyes" Much Ado about Nothing Shakespeare

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:00 pm

I edited my car, but I also have the same question as Roxy. What's the difference between the Bio and History?

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialBeast on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Name : Noah Cage (Prefers to be Called Cage)
Appearance : 6'2" with a rather stocky build for such a tall person. Almost always wears his Ripped and Baggy Jeans with his trench coat and Black tank top. Generally he sports his Cap backwards, his shades on, and his smile easy.
Car : Nissan 300zx (Color:Black with a red tiger slash down the side. Also has the number 316 painted in rainbow metallic colors within the Slash.)
Brief history : He left L.A. after his best friend and girlfriend both died in a firey car-crash. Unfortunatly he was not as hurt by that as the fact that they were sleeping together behind his back. Always has Cage been into the street racing L.A. scene but he prefered to keep a low profile, more of a rookie than anything. Before he left he ditched his old ride and bought the best (and cheap) ride he could find, heading for New York and looking to make a name for himself.
The Resident Nine foot cat is here to help! And is looking for a place to call home. If you want to do a PRP, I'm up for that, so msg me!

One Last thing! Looking for a RP that myself (Nine Foot Celestic Cat) would fit into. Thanks!

CelestialBeast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 am

Whoops, forgot to edit out the bio bit.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HolyZion on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 am

Name: Josh Coldnell
Appearance : 5' 11" 145 pounds. He is mostly seen in his work clothes which consists of what ever he throws on the current day and his grease stained blue coveralls.
Car: 1994 Nissan Sentra SER ( Sunset orange )
Brief History: He grew up in NYC and as a young child he has been around cars. His father was one of the old time street racers that took over the streets until one day when his father got in the wrong situation with the wrong people and had to leave NYC. He took over his fathers business which was owning one of the local late night car garages that serviced a lot of the racers. Josh grew up in that garage and knew everything he had too to be able to fix almost any car out there. He now took it upon his self to venture out past the garage and try to make a name for his self just like his father did so many years ago.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

HolyZion
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 am

You lot have okay characters. Just give me a little time to go over your cars and approve them.

I'm using my car as a baseline for rookie cars, so yeah. Just give me a bit of time to go over each of your cars and compare them to mine. Once I'm done, I'll edit this post with cars that I approve and cars that should be changed. Keep watch on this post.

EDIT : Here's the list of cars. Pick and choose, fellas. None of your cars stand against my Merc performance-wise. I'm actually making your characters better by giving them better cars.

Audi C5 RS6
Audi B7 RS4
Aston Martin Vanquish
Bentley Continental GT Speed
BMW E92 M3
BMW E63 M6
Ferrari 575 Maranello
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Ferrari F430
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Lamborghini Gallardo
Porsche 997 911 GT3
Spyker C8

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HolyZion on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Hmm that made it more then a little confusing. i am pretty sure that a few people's cars that posted would beat a few of them.. just because there Italian and made by Ferrari doesn't mean there better then the original posters cars. Street racing is about your skill to drive your set car, Not about if it looks fast. You have no idea what could be under the hood of there car which makes it a little funner then have a set -OP- car.

I also thought this was supposed to be about the new up and comers in the race world how is a typical up and comer going to afford a Lamborghini Gallardo?

Just a few questions i was wondering about but in the end its your thread so you can make it how you please.

HolyZion
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeh, like Zion said, how is a newcomer supposed to get a Lambo? Just a thought, but you said we had a choice. I'm exercising that choice, and sticking with my 350Z.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Meh. Your choice. Guess I got a little too carried away.

Those cars were picked on the basis that all their 0-100mph times were roughly the same. And yeah, the Gallardo wouldn't be a rookie's car either, since I got this list off of a car enthusiast friend who happens to know his cars.

Do whatever you want to your characters... I'm just trying to work things out here, working out all the bugs and whatnot. Trying to get the story straight.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!