Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Survival (Signups & Discussion)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Survival (Signups & Discussion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm

A few years from now, something happened.

Nobody is really sure what happened, at least now. Occasionally, one might find yellowed newspapers with headlines such as "CHEMICAL THREAT IMMINENT" or "GOVERNMENTS TESTING GERM WARFARE."

What is germ warfare? What chemicals were threatening?

It doesn't matter.

Most people died, and the few that are left are somehow immune to whatever occurred. Now, they struggled to survive in the nearly empty world, some grouping together in packs, others living alone. Some take from others to survive, raiding murdering for their lives. Others seek more peaceful means, working hard to care for themselves and others.

This is a post-apocalyptic survival RP. It takes place in the summer of AC (After Cataclysm) 77, at the base of a mountain range in what used to be America. The biome is temperate and well-populated by a collection of wildlife, and the river that flows from the mountains is fresh, clean, and brimming with fish. It is an ideal candidate for human life, and relatively untouched by outsiders.

Your character can be any one of three "survivors" (i.e. classes): The Hunter, the Builder, or the Sleeper. Each class has their own strengths and weaknesses, and can be customized as you see fit. Weapons, skills, and equipment will all be determined by which survivor you choose.

The Hunter: The Hunter is a master of the wilderness, and capable with all sorts of weapons. He or she can survive for long periods on their own, surviving off the land with ease and grace. However, when it comes to social skills or using old technology, they are at a strong disadvantage. Thus, they generally travel alone, and infrequently scavenge or raid to obtain new weapons, ammunition, or clothing.
      Available Skills: Sneaking, Bows, Knives/Melee Weapons, Pistols, Shotguns, Unarmed, Running, Swimming, Gathering, Shelter Construction (outdoor), Scavenging
      Innate Skills: Rifles, Hunting, Endurance (Mental), Endurance (Physical), Perception

The Builder: The Builder is a gifted worker, capable of rebuilding the ruins of civilization into incredibly effective tools. He or she is innately able to understand and repair technology, and carve out niches of comfort and wealth for themselves in decrepit cities and towns. However, they are generally not capable fighters, and often prefer to spend their time away from people. Thus, they are often incapable of surviving in the rugged wilds, and are often physically weaker than outdoorsmen or fighters.
      Available Skills: Shotguns, Pistols, Scrounging, Construction (indoor), Electrical Engineering, Explosives, Traps, Perception, Sneaking, Endurance (Mental)
      Innate Skills: Reading, Repair, Weapon Repair, Creative Weapons, Scavenging

The Sleeper: The Sleeper is a remnant of the Old World. They survived the cataclysm in Stasis Pods in cities, and were generally of the upper class. They have strong social skills, and specialized medical systems kept them extremely healthy during their sleep. They are often unfit to survive in the world on their own, but they can often convince others to help them to live. They are often initially well equipped, but cannot survive for long without constantly scavenging for food and supplies.
      Available Skills: Pistols, Melee Weapons, Unarmed, Scrounging, Intimidation, Lying, Attractive, Sneaking, Perception, Endurance (Mental)
      Innate Skills: Reading, Eloquence, Authority, Charisma, Endurance (Physical)

Play Style:

Characters will interact with the territory via a map provided by me. The character may do anything within their line of sight, i.e. what they can see on the map. Certain areas, such as a forest, will prevent them from seeing most of the map, while a character sitting on a mountaintop could see everywhere.

Each "day" takes place over 3 turns. Traveling, fighting, scavenging, hunting, etc. are all covered in one turn. Thus, if your character wants to travel to a certain place on the map, that will count for one turn. If they decide to hunt where they are, that will take another turn, and the return trip will finish that day. Players can continue to take turns, but must sleep longer into the next day. It is possible for a character to collapse/die from lack of sleep.

All hostile or competitive character interactions will be moderated by me. This means that characters can fight, persuade, steal from, and kill each other. Generally, one wins such competitions by having a superior quality post, or a particularly creative solution. Skill sets factor heavily into deciding certain confrontations, as a Hunter could easily disarm and kill a Builder in a melee combat situation. There is no cap to PC's, so as many people can play as they want. The greater concentration of people in the area, the more competitive play will get.

You can have one character at a time. If you become bored with a character or if a character dies, you can always make another. I will control all NPCs.

Posts can be as short as you want, especially when traveling. I don't particularly care. However, when it comes to character interactions, make sure you know what you're doing. A long post does not necessarily mean it's a good post.

Code: Select all
[b]Character Sheet[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Short Description:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[list][i]Skills[/i]: (Pick three. Be sure to include innate skills)[/list]
[b]Weapons:[/b] (see list) (can have up to 1 rifle/shotgun/two-hand melee weapon, 1 pistol, 1 one-hand melee weapon)
[b]Equipment[/b]: (be sure to include clothing and ammunition)
[b]Short History:[/b]

Starting Weapons:
Rifles:
.22 Rifle - [1 box of .22 ammo holds 200 rounds]
.22 Rifle (Scoped)
.22 Rifle (Scoped, Silenced)
.270 Hunting Rifle - [1 box of .270 ammo holds 50 rounds]
.270 Hunting Rifle (Scoped)
.44 Magnum Rifle - [1 box of .44 ammo holds 25 rounds]
.44 Magnum Rifle (Scoped)
AK-47 Assault Rifle - [1 box of 7.26 ammo holds 200 rounds]

Pistols:
Beretta 92 Pistol - [1 box of 9mm ammo holds 100 rounds]
.22 Revolver
.44 Magnum Revolver
.44 Magnum Revolver (Scoped)

Shotguns:
12 Gauge Shotgun - [1 box of 12 gauge ammo holds 50 shells]
12 Gauge Sawed Off Shotgun

Melee Weapons:
Hunting Knife
Skinning Knife
Combat Knife
Kitchen Knife
Baseball Bat (2 hands)
Sledgehammer (2 hands)
Brass Knuckles (Unarmed)
Spiked Knuckles (Unarmed)
Sword (2 hands)

(These were all taken from Bethesda's Fallout 3, with some additions/modifications)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Survival (Signups & Discussion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steve Sand on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Name: Steve Sand
Short Description: Steve Sand stands at about six feet tall, and weighs about 160. He has long brown hair, which he rarely cuts. His ears are a bit too big for his head, but his hair conceals them. He has emerald colored eyes, but he has to wear glasses because of his bad vision.

Class: Builder
Skills:
  • Pistols
  • Construction (Indoor)
  • Electrical Engineering
Weapons: .44 Magnum Revolver, Hunting Knife
Equipment:
  • Tops: Dirty White Tee [M], Long-Sleeve Black Tee [M]
  • Bottoms: Loose Blue Jeans [32x30], Kakhi Shorts [32]
  • Jackets: Brown Sports Jacket [L], Blue Hoodie [M]
  • Undergarments: White Boxers [32], Blue Briefs [32]
  • Shoes: Black Slacks [12], White/Blue Tennis Shoes [12]
  • Other Clothing: Red Swim Suit [32], Blue Swim Suit [32]
  • Accessories: Black Belt [32], Glasses, White Socks [8-14]

• Items: Candle Lighter, Scissors, Suitcase
  • Recreation: 200 Page Journal, Black & Red Pen, Football
  • Misc.: Screwdriver, Hammer & Nails, Batteries, Tape Measure

Short History: Steve was born in former New York City, but his mother died giving birth. His father was murdered by another survivor, so he had no family all of his life. An elderly couple found him in a hospital bed, and they raised him until he turned eighteen. Once he reached that age, they kicked him out. They never really wanted him, they just felt obliged to take him into their care. He found the mountain top when he was twenty-two, and he has been living their ever since.
Last edited by Steve Sand on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Steve Sand
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm

I can't fathom how your character managed to get a birth certificate and passport when there is neither hospital nor government, but we can start whenever you're ready.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steve Sand on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 pm

I didn't think it would be important, but I wasn't totally sure whether or not their is a government system. I'll remove it.

And, are you going to have a character?

Steve Sand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:44 pm

No, because I know too much about how I want to play this, and my character would be broken.

Also, your character will have no prior experience with the area, so even if you have been living on a mountaintop, it won't really help you with where everything is. You'll have to explore some.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steve Sand on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:47 pm

I know. He has stayed generally in one area.

But, otherwise, I'm ready to start.

Steve Sand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Here's the thread.

survival-t23003.html

Might want to find yourself some bullets for that hefty gun of yours.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steve Sand on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:18 pm

I didn't put down any ammo on purpose, by the way. I plan on stealing some from someone, actually.

Steve Sand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

It's all up to you when you want to post. As your character was here first, you can see everywhere on the map. I'm not really going to give too many hints out. When you scavenge an area, I'll just tell you what all is to be found.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!