Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A 'Tail' of Pirates (OoC Board)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A 'Tail' of Pirates (OoC Board)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:08 am

RP board link: tail-pirates-t4392.html

OK, so here we go! Basics reviewed:

Late 17th century culture.

Several people have been cursed with a strange abnormality; they are only half human, and half animal. They are cursed to spend their days as pirates on the sea, if they spend too long off of the waters, they are in unbearable torment, physically and mentally. The same thing happens if they remain in full human form for too long.

The various Law-Enforcers of the world are hunting these pirates, and in particular one ship whose captain is hell-bent on killing every one of them, a veritable moby-dick. But with pirates. And furrier. Okay so it's not like moby dick at all.

We play people in the crew of either the pirate ship Nightshark or the Navy Ship Castella, stowaways and civillians are also welcome (if you can work them in) however...

If you are in the Navy, you are 100% human. No exceptions.

If you are in the Pirate Crew, you are 50% some kind of critter, no exceptions.

Civillians are 100% human as well.

as for the shapeshifting, lets make it simple;
You have one animal alternate form.
Your character can appear as a human, a half animal, and a whole animal at will.
All pirates have these three forms.

Yes yes, I know that science and genetics and everything says thats impossible. Its a curse! Deal with it, its more fun to color outside the lines ^^

No mythical creatures, the shapeshifting is the ONLY fantasy element to this RP!

ANd the usual, no god-moding (Having an insanely and unfairly powerful char) no powerplaying (forcing things on other characters, playing the parts of other peoples characters) and lets keep it at a PG-13 level (no sex, nudity, sexual innuendo, and keep cursing at a mild level). Lets also try to keep this 'literate' as in use good English and be sure to give enough information on whats happening.

You can see what ranks are taken at the bottom of this post.

Please post a basic character sheet here (in this thread)

Name:
Animal Alternate(Pirates only!):
Ship Position (Boatswain, first mate, etc.):
Appearance (Pirates give all 3 forms):
History:

PLEASE note that this is only a resource sheet for a character, you still must post an intro in the RP thread.

Ranks
Nightshark(Pirate) Crew:

Captain*: Moonwing (Playing Terrel)
1st Mate^: Irish Wolf (Playing Balgair)
Quartermaster~: Vasa o Souls (Playing Moss)
Boatswain`:

Crewman and Deckhand positions are always available

Castella(Navy) Crew:

Captain*: Skallagrim Cughtagh
1st Mate^: AnoCeiregi
Quartermaster~:
Boatswain`:

Crewman and Deckhand positions are always available

* The captain, obviously, is the boss. Period.
^ 1st Mate pretty much the Captain's second-in-command.
~ Quartermaster is responsible for the cargo of the ship, as well as navigation and signals
` The Boatswain (often abbreviated Bo'sun') is in charge of the rigging, lines, sails, etcetera as well as the deck crew

Arr! Lets get this show on the road - er, sea!

~-*-~

Name: Terrel Comanay

Animal Alternate(Pirates only!): An orange and white Tabby Cat

Ship Position (Boatswain, first mate, etc.): Captain

Appearance: Terrel usually remains in his half-animal form, which leaves him with mostly human features, save for the small claws on his hands instead of normal nails, the orange tail with the white tip, and the large orange ears. His hair is also a rather orange shade, is shoulder length and straight. He genearlly dresses in plain boots and pants, and a plain white shirt, he often carries a cutlass and brace of pistols on him. His eyes are blue. In his full human form he's pretty much the same, except he's less slim than in his half-cat form, and the ears, claws, and tail disappear. His full animal form is a medium sized orange tabby, with a white tipped tail and white ears and paws.

History: Terrel was cursed with his animal nature many years ago, and hates staying on land even for short times. He grew up in the Carribian, but went into hididng when he was cursed with his Animal form and people called him a monster, and began hunting him. He fled to the sea for relief and time brought him to where he is: Captain of the most notorious pirate ship on the high seas.

Picture! Image
Last edited by Moonwing on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Looking for something fun, epic, and literally fantastical? Come join up with
Xiwe - a Medieval Fantasy Adventure

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: A 'Tail' of Pirates (OoC Board)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:41 am

OOC: Need to bookmark this post and will join asap! Forgive me for the ooc, but it looks great!
Whirlwinds of tempestuous fire...

Ah Joy! That in the embers, something doth live...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Name: Balgair Pian

Animal Alternate: red fox

Ship Position: first mate

Appearance: Balgair hasn't had a true human form since his early childhood, his body rejected full human form from the pain it caused. So Balgair has just a half and full animal form and rarely ever used full human form. In half form, Balgair as looks human with the eyes of a fox, a large bushy red fox tail with a tail tip, large furry fox ears. His hands look normal but his feet don't. His feet are elongated paws, black toes and red fur going up his calves and he can't wear shoes because of that. All Balgair's hair is a dark red save where it's white or black. He wears loose white pants, thick leather belt and a loose green shirt.

History: Balgair was born in a small coastal fishing villages on southern Ireland. The people of the village never considered Balgair a monster but rather a gift from the heavens. Balgair had human friends and even a sweet heart but that all ended when he was fourteen. During a minor rebellion, British troops burned the village down and forced Balgair and several others to flee to the open sea in the largest fishing vessel they had. Balgair's sweet heart was not among those that escaped. They met up with a few more groups of fleeing rebels and they all set sail for the Carribian. The persons not from the village barely tolerated Balgair. They settled on a small island and the others request that Balgair leave. Over time, Balgair joined the crew of the Nightshark.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Name:Moss
Animal Alternate(Pirates only!): great white shark
Ship Position (Boatswain, first mate, etc.): quarter master
Appearance:Image in human form which he stays in unless he needs to go into the water or to get away from the ship. his half form gives him webbed fingers and toes, and also gills he stays in human form to allow him to breath above water.
History: used to be an officer in the Brittish navy but gave up that life three years ago in search for the better paying market of piracy, he signed on board the night shark he started as a crew member but moved up the ranks right behind Balgair who was there when he sign the charters, now he is content with his position but ready to move up if Balgair should die.
Last edited by vasa o souls on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Yay! I'm looking forward to playing with all of you guys!

Wolf, I"m gonna have to ask you to give your character a full human form though, as I mentioned, every pirate has three forms, this means no exceptions.

Whew! The officers are going quick! Wonder if we'll get any navy peeps?

Sweet pic of Moss, vasa, did you draw it yourself? And can we hear what his other forms look like as well please?
Last edited by Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:04 pm

I'll change it if you want me too, though I'll have to rework his back story completely but you stated they Can have three forms.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:09 pm

no i didn't draw it myself, im not that good yet. his half form ill add now.

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks guys. sorry for the trouble Wolf! If you need help with the backstory I'm always available.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:15 pm

It looks like a picture of Zoro

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, this is a clever little RP. Well, heres my char thingy:

Name: Erika
Animal Alternate(Pirates only!): wolf
Ship Position (Boatswain, first mate, etc.): normal sailor
Appearance: Erika wears a black shirt and a bandana with a skull on it at her head. She has an amythyst necklace. Her long black hair hangs loosly. Erika has a dagger she uses for wood carving, she has jeans. Her purplish eyes make a mad glare.
History: Cursed at a very young age, Erika loved sailing. She also loved bringing animals onto the ship. She has a falcon friend named Talon. She was always running off into the water to avoid pain, therefore her parents put her on a ship as a mopper at 5 years of age. Erika is just as tough as any boy and she'll prove it.
Last edited by Swift.Arrow on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So as long as there is a moon, Flowers will never die, and niether will us wolves. -Wolf's Rain
ImageImage

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 pm

In a no-mask-or-hat-and-not-riding-a-horse kind of way. like Zorro, lol

Hey arrow, could we possibly get a verbal description of your characters? I don't know about everybody else, but my montitor acts up and I can't see those pictuers clearly.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Name:jinx
Animal Alternate(Pirates only!):white horse
Ship Position (Boatswain, first mate, etc.):deckhand
Appearance (Pirates give all 3 forms):tall and thin. a graceful gait. looks like a human with the long silver mane of a horse and pointed ears, silvery blue eyes. in human form she is the same but with brown hair and normal ears. In animal form she is a white shire.
History:she got on the ship for having the curse since an early age, having the stregnth of a shire horse and to get away from 'law enforcers'.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:56 pm

accually with photo bucket you just have to copy the IMG code and paste it in your post to bring up the pic in forum, thats how i do it

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:15 pm

I do the same thing with villagephotos, but I draw my own pictures of characters, I'm too picky to just find something that 'looks close' to what I have in mind appearance-wise, lol

Either way I'd like a verbal description and not just pictures.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:52 pm

thats understandable and i might use my own if i had a scanner here but oh well i find ones that i like and that i can create character off of. my other pirate is Esath and i use this pic Image hopefully ill be able to get a scanner and make some changes to it soon cause i like it but there are some things i want to change like eye color and clothes maybe but What eve i like this pirate too lol

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:22 pm

I draw mine on the computer, lol. Ah, you make characters off pictures, I make pictures off characters, lol. But this isn't an artwork thread >.>''

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:02 pm

ar, i'll go with yer matey.

Name : Ebony Gray
Animal Alternate : White Bengal Tiger
Ship Position : Crewman, Nightshark
Appearance :

(in half-animal form)

Upper body

Head and neck
White cotton bandanna, with two holes in the top for his ears to poke through.
Dyed unkempt white hair, with traces of silver.
Almond shaped auburn eyes.
White fur, with three black stripes along each of his cheeks.
Rounded muzzle, characteristic of a tiger.
A single gold ring in his right ear.
A mouth that is almost locked in a smile, a small tooth poking out of a corner.

Torso
White fur covering most of his body, with some black stripes along his arms.
White cotton tunic, underneath which lies sturdy leather armour.
Brown leather gloves that end at the middle of the finger.
Gold ring on right ring finger.
Medium build, about 5'10" tall.
Quite muscular body.
Burgundy jacket tied around his waist.

Lower body

Legs and feet
Brown leather clasp boots, standard pirate issue.
Grey cotton pants, untied at the leg openings, leaving the pants to cover most of his boots.
Leather belt around his waist, on which hangs two scabbards for two cutlasses.
White and black striped tail that pokes out behind his pants.

(in human form)

Upper body

Head and neck
White cotton bandanna, with two holes in the top for his ears to poke through.
Dyed unkempt white hair, with traces of silver.
Almond shaped auburn eyes.
A single gold ring in his right ear.

Torso
White cotton tunic, underneath which lies sturdy leather armour.
Brown leather gloves that end at the middle of the finger.
Gold ring on right ring finger.
Medium build, about 5'10" tall.
Quite muscular body.
Burgundy jacket tied around his waist.

Lower body

Legs and feet
Brown leather clasp boots, standard pirate issue.
Grey cotton pants, untied at the leg openings, leaving the pants to cover most of his boots.
Leather belt around his waist, on which hangs two scabbards for two cutlasses.

(in animal form)

General Appearance
White and black striped fur.

History : Ebony doesn't know much about his past, except that he has a great love for sailing. He doesn't know how he got cursed either, to spend the rest of his days as a pirate, sailing the seven seas, raiding ships for their cargo and selling it in foreign lands for gold.

He spends most of his time in his half animal form, only reverting to his human form when heading onto land for rest stops to stock up on supplies.
Last edited by DJAtomika on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:48 am

Yay! Another player!
Just two problems with your intro, DJ

1: The Boatswain position is reserved,and not for you
2: we need to know what all 3 forms look like. (I'm PM'ing this toyou just to be sure you get it)

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:07 am

grr. that means i can't be on the Nightshark. unless you allow me to be part of the crew...

and actually, there's more than four main posts on a ship you know.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:20 am

I know, but I wanted to keep the hierarchy loose so that it wasn't too much of a tightly-wound roleplay. And of course you can be just crew!

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!