Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

TAKE THE STAGE! IC (Open)

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

TAKE THE STAGE! IC (Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Here is the OOC post

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/take-the-stage-roleplayers-needed-t10729.html

Please, no OOC posts here.

Here we go!

------------------------------

As usual, I was one of the first to arrive at the American Dance Academy. This place was like my home. While I was here, I was doing something I loved, something I was good at. Ballet.

And man, was I good at it.

Being that it was my fourth and final year at the ADA, I knew that I was practically a shoo-in for the prime spot in the recital at the end of term. Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. Oh, how I loved that ballet.

As I wandered towards my dorm, taking my time because I had nowhere to be at the moment, I saw a bunch of what I supposed were the hip hop students. They all had ridiculously colored hair, piercings ... I shuddered as I looked at them. Those were not dancers, those were posers, those were people with no discipline or work ethic. The worst thing the ADA ever did was allow other disciplines besides ballet to be trained there.

I sneered as I passed by the street rats.

Those were the only once I couldn't stand. Modern was pretty. Lyrical was absolutely gorgeous. Jazz required skill. Tap, quite possibly one of the more difficult. But none of them could top ballet. None of them required the same amount of work, or discipline, or flat out dedication.

Everything else was basically nothing, it's just that none of them knew it.
We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel.
But if we built an armor
For our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we start to feel?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: TAKE THE STAGE! IC (Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurse on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Chase smiled as he walked into the ADA. He had been dancing for a while, but he finally got into the Academy. He looked around at the students, most of them seemed a little stuck up, with butlers lugging around their bags. He looked himself up and down in one of the giant mirrors. He felt so out of place with blue hair and a lip ring. Then he saw some of the more "hip" students. He smiled. He'd have to at least try to get to know some of them. He smiled again as he ajusted his backpack.
Last edited by Kurse on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale: Funny, I didn't hear your footsteps.
Sylar: That's because there weren't any.
Dale: That sound, in your heart. What is it?
Sylar: [smiling] Murder.

Army Sergeant: Is there any reason you shouldn't be in this man's Army?
Max: I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.
Army Sergeant: As long as you don't have flat feet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurse
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:47 pm

I sighed, as the taxi dropped me off at what was supposed to be home for a few years. Easily picking up my few, small bags, I began to walk towards the entrance, and I was awed at the enormity and design of the nice school. Entering the large rotating doors, I saw a rather large sign that pointed to an office, where a 'New Students' sign resided. Seeing a cross-looking lady there, I hesitantly walked up, asking for my student information.

"Uh, excuse me, ma'am, could I have my room number and schedule?", I asked, in my Southern accent. She looked up at me, and I could see a look of surprise on her face, probably from my unsophisticated clothing choices, I thought. Thanking the lady, I quickly took my things, and began looking for the dormitories.

Finding yet another helpful sign, I walked down a long hallway, surprised at the look of some of the hip-hop students, because where I lived, in a small town in southern Texas, most people just wore a pair of jeans and a buttoned shirt everyday.

Looking at my student info card, I saw that I was in room 145, and I quickly found it, opening the door carefully. Peeking in, I could see that nobody was in, and I breathed a sigh of relief, I could set my things up first, without having anybody watch me the entire time.

(19:04:57) Surreal: I'm not STOOOOPIT!
(19:05:03) Surreal: >>
(19:05:09) Surreal: I'm just not very smart

Image <-Click it

phouse512
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:03 pm

As soon as I got to my room, I started to unpack my things. My mother kissed me good-bye and that was it. We weren't really very close. First, my beloved pointe shoes were to be hung on the wall. Those were for recital. They were still as perfectly pink as the day I bought them, the satin only had a few scuffs on the bottom.

Then, my practice shoes. These were also new, but they wouldn't like this for long. Once I broke them in, they would be almost grey. People said that I danced too much. I guess they were right. But this year I was psyched, because as it was my last year at the ADA, the only thing I had to do was ballet.

All of the first, second, and third year students would have to take at least one class in ballet, their own discipline, and then one other they could choose from. This was done because ballet was the basis for all forms of dance, and once you knew ballet, you could do anything.

The same couldn't be said for the others, though. I knew there were going to be a few beginners in at least one of my technique classes. (I liked to take extra technique classes, the fundamentals always thrilled me.) I sighed as I pulled out my ballet slippers and put them next to my practice pointes.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurse on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Chase walked up to the "New Student" office and asked for his room key. "145," The lady said absentmindedly and passed him his key. Kurse began walking away. "Aren't you going to use your schedule?" She asked irritably. "Not likely," He smiled. Walking towards the stairs. He heard a "UGH" and smirked.

He walked up the stairs and wandered the halls, looking for his room. He finally found it. He opened the door quietly and set his bags down. He didn't noticed the other male in the room 'till he turned around. He started a little, then smiled. "Hey, I guess I'm your roomie," He said, holding out his hand to shake.
Last edited by Kurse on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurse
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm

After I was all unpacked, I practically bounced out of my room. Lessons didn't start until tomorrow, but I had my schedule in hand, making sure I knew where all of my classrooms were. I walked through the co-ed dorms and listened as everyone met their new roommates. I had yet to meet mine, didn't even know if I had one. It didn't matter.

"Ah! Gwyn Fallow! I was looking for you!" The familiar voice of my Adagio teacher, Mr. Ackerman. I slowed down to his pace. "As you know, every year, we choose a few seniors from each discipline to teach a beginner's class in their concentration. We've decided to give you a beginner's technique class. It will be the older kids, the ones who come here for hip hop and such.

This didn't seem like a very good time to me, but it was supposed to be an honor, so I accepted as if it were one.

"That's great!" I said with fake enthusiasm. "I can't wait!"

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:01 pm

I was pulling out my few memories of home, when I heard the door open, and I kept working, letting whoever it was talk to me, if they wanted to. Hearing a voice behind me, I straightened, and looked behind me, to see another boy, probably about my age. "Uh...hello", I nodded, "I'm Justin", I said, shaking his hand, before turning back to my things, nervously. Realizing my rudeness, I turned back to him, a small smile on my face, "So, you're new here, I'm guessing?", I asked.

Sitting on my bed, I shoved my backpack and suitcase under my bed, not really caring, as long as I had the few pictures of my friends, and a few things from Texas on my bed stand. Sighing quietly, I looked out the window to see the sunny day, with other students milling around.

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurse on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm

"I'm Chase," He smiled. "And yeah, I just got here," He said. "What about you?" He asked and pulled out a metal flask. He took a drink and pocketed it.

Kurse
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:20 am

Either it was just me, I felt so different here. It's like I'm a rebirth of myself - Hikaru Takada.
I knew that back in Shibuya I was quite good with mechanism, but now it's time for me to practice my other specialty; dancing to the tempo and beats of hip-hop and raps. I had always did street-dancing back in Shibuya, but the adults there hated it so much and only God knows why.

Today is my first day being in this place, a dance academy. I'm planning to be here for a while, then move back to Shibuya and continue with my mechanism job. I can make a good business here too, if possible - but then it seemed like I'm pretty young to be so.
I wonder if anyone can understand me here, I'm lucky that my English is not that bad, I had always spoken it to my sister back in Japan. I wonder how she is.

From the scenery of the school, it felt like I have lost something. Someone. But I don't think I did, my parents had let me here, they encouraged me. My sister too. My friends. Sadly they are just not here. I wish they were, but I decided that this will be the last school I'll be in, so I have to enjoy my life here. I grinned at the thought.

ADA seemed enjoyable though, seemingly just some people seemed to be sneering at my simple but baggy-like outfit. Like I had a choice. I don't even want to dresses or gowns to this school. It's dance academy darn it.

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:14 pm

"Are the halls of this sacred place never to be free of this trash?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I looked to see Brian, my partner from last year. "Honestly, they should really quit letting these street rats in here."

A few of the hip hop students passing by heard him and gave him looks, but none said anything.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:44 pm

I walked into my room and saw that my roommate had already been there and gone. I saw some brand new pink point shoes and smiled. Well I knew one thing, my roommate was in ballet. I started to unpack my stuff and put it all away. I wondered when I would get to see who my roommate was. I pulled out my neon blue point shoes and set them on my bed. They weren't brand new, but they were perfect to me. I then sat on my bed thinking about what would happen tomorrow.
BTF Fanatic Girls: Angel(Craig)~Kirai(Mike)~Puppy(Matt) <333
ImageImage

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:59 pm

"I dunno, Bri," I said as I put my hand on my doorknob. "But we can always do our best to make them want to leave, now can't we?" I pushed the door open to see my roommate was there. She looked familiar, I had seen her there last year, only I didn't quite remember the hair.

"Hey!" I said brightly when I saw her holding a pair of pointe shoes. Albeit, they were neon blue, but I was sure she had another pair. "Uhm ... I hope you plan on taking out all those colored bits in your hair before classes start. You'll get REEMED ... And as much as I LOVE the color of those shoes, they probably won't fly in practice either. I bet you'd get to use them for the show, though!"

I was really trying hard to say all of this nicely. The last thing I wanted to do was piss off my roommate, and I figured it was better that she heard it from me than from Madame LeBoucher, who was really a stickler about uniform in her class.

"I'm Gwyn, by the way."

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 pm

I looked at my roommate when she came in. I listened to what she had to say and then replied with, "I have another pair of shoes and yes I know that Madame LeBoucher is going to have a fit about my hair but they'll be gone in a week or so. I'm Devany." The colors in my hair weren't permanent, but I didn't want to take them out because it rminded me of my friend that I won't see for another school year.

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Hikaru realized that she forgot her direction to the office, her feet are shuffling with each trying to move her without having a doubt of directions. She then ended up being in her starting spot again, and sighed lazily at that. She seemed obviously like a lost person, feelings like this really kills her. She then tried to smile, perceiving the fact that she had the map of the school in her school bag. She was not that lost after all; it's only her fault that her map was inside the bag.

"..... So I have to go to that side, and then there.. Good.",she memorized the directions by heart, as the school was seemingly huge if compared to the schools that she had been to back in Japan. Japan may be one of the most developed countries in the world, but they always keep their traditions at heart.

Once she arrived in the huge and cozy office, she registered her name and asked for her room key. Her accent sounded weird to the principal, because she was used to the British accent when speaking the official language of the world. Even so, the principal could still understand what she was trying to say.

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:07 pm

I nodded, shoving my suitcase further under my bed before I turned around, to see him drinking out of some sort of metal flask. Shrugging it off to myself, I smiled, "Yeah, I'm new here too", I said, in my Texas accent. Putting my hand towards the door, I gestured that I was going to leave, and I walked into the hallway, wondering how to explore this large, new place.

Seeing a few signs that pointed that had the words "Cafeteria" printed on it, in large bold letters. My stomach grumbled, and I complied, hurrying down the halls until I came to a large room with many people milling around, and many small counters selling different kinds of food.

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:57 am

I stuttered at my words, and the school seemed so much different than Japan. Nobody here looked even a bit Asian-like. I guess some people here are just so... Unlike me. Maybe that's just how I think it is, but really, if only there is at least some Japanese here to be my friends. Or some hip-hop fellows. The thought of dancing more hip-hop is killing me already - make me want to dance right now at this point.

I walked down the corridor while remembering my dorm number - how much farther do I have to go? Then I see it, the exact number as my keys that I'm bearing right now in my hand. "Right...", I unlocked the door and walked in. The scent of the room was homey, it was pretty content. The bed was aligned to my left, as it seemed to be near the windows. The study table is just by the opposite of the bed. The curtains are brownish, and seemed like home. My tears started well up in my eyes - I miss home, I missed my own workshop.

chou.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 am

"Good," I said, letting out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to see someone else who does ballet. I barely saw any of the ballet students from last year as I walked in. I was sure the hip-hop trash had taken over." I glanced at the clock. It was nearly 5. Normal people ate dinner at around 5, and I did my best to try to seem normal. "Are you hungry at all? The caf should be open for dinner by now."

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjakitty on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 am

I sighed as I walked into the building. I loved and hated this place. It was home to me and yet I never could feel right at home here. Ugh even my thoughts don't make sense. I got my key and looked at it. 144.

Once in my room I heard some guys talking next door. I wondered if they would be in my hip-hop class. Slowly I spent my time unpacking. Once finished I flopped down on the bed. Me miserable me. I am such a social creature I can never understand how bored I can be. I walked out into the hall and turned to room 145-the room the voices had come from. I Knocked on the door, planning to introduce myself.

ninjakitty
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:57 am

I wasn't sure why she didn't like the hip-hop students. Personally I didn't mind them. I then thought about food and realized that I was starving. "Oh yes. I am starving. Let's go eat." I said while hyper-actively jumping of me bed. I walked out the door and waited for the other two to fallow.

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurse on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:05 am

Chase had sat down after Justin had left and had been fiddling around with his iPod when someone knocked on the door. He stood up, crack his legs then walked over to the door, opening it. "Hey..." He said, trailing off, not knowing who it was.

Kurse
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!