Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Talent Show Stories

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Talent Show Stories

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Any Talent Show stories? I love to hear about people and their talents! I am in Job Corps in San Diego and I am going to be doing the talent show this October and I am so excited! I am going to be singing the song No Boundries by the new American Idol Kris Allen. So tell me some of your stories!

XxX

Ryu
"If you ever feel different, hold your head up high. We're artists. We're all crazy. And that's good-crazy!" -Adam Lambert

please visit my Trilogy's website! http://www.coronwen.webs.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Talent Show Stories

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Well, my school had a talent show the day before the last day of school, and I did two things. I sung Because of You by Kelly Clarkson, and me and my friends did a comedy act. The act went wrong though. Me and my friend Tiffany learned our lines, bt my friend Austin didn't and so we were on stage and he was asking us what his lines were! I got so mad at him for it, but I had to forgive him seeing as he;s my best friend.
Yes, yes I do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Once me and my Friend Victoria did an act about a boxing match. She was the anouncer and I was Johny "Iron Fists" Chow. I was fighting an "Invisable Boxer". I basicly acted like I was getting beat up by someone that wasn't there. I fell on the stage then got up and said "Happy Birthday," and fell over again. Everybody laughed so hard. I won First Place!
"Die? Didn't you know?...Spartans never die."
Kurt Spartan-051 said upon his death

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xMoonlightXRosex on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Well..
I had a DREAM i was in a talent show..not too longer ago, either..
FLASHBACK:
*Backstage*
Me- Ughh..wait- why the hell am i here?
Lena (my friend)- BECAUSE KAYLA, WE'RE GONNA DO CARMELLDANSEN FOR THE TALENT SHOW~ :3
Jess (other friend)- YEAH KAYYYLLLAAAAA
Melanie(Other, other friend)- *wiggles* KAAYYYLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Courtney(otherotherother friend)- SHUT THE FUCK UP GUIZ. WE'RE ON IN 5 MINUTES! IM GONNA GO FOR A QUICK FLY *starts flying around*
Me- ....WHAT!?
Director guy- OK GURLZ YOUR ON!
Me- WAIT, WHAT!? WHAT!? IM SO CONFUSED-
*Cutain opens, a bunch of people are there..*
Me- O_O Holy shit..*looks down, is in a Sailor Scout uniform* WAIT WTF!?
*All my friends are in Sailor Scout uniforms too, lined up next to me*
*Music comes on, they start dancing*
Me- Well..i DO love Carmelldansen..XD ^_^ Ah, what the hell *Dances with them*
~END~
Actually, we didn't JUST do Carmelldansen. We did the Cheer-leader dance thing from lucky star, and our last one was us dancing and singing along to The Sailor Moon thing (Which would make sense why we were in the Sailor Scout uniforms)
I was Sailor Moon
Lena was Venus
Jess was Jupiter
Melanie was Mercury
and Courtney was Mars

So..we kind of had our own little variety-anime hour at the Talent Show..
All things aside....

It was the best dream i've ever had. I woke up laughing. <3

xMoonlightXRosex
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littlegreeneyes on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 am

Oh, the last talent show I was in was utterly terrible. it kicked off with this girl singing hallelujah... and she really couldn't hit the notes, then came my friend - who was amazing, and made several people cry... a few more acts went by till it was my turn, I was the finishing act. I sang Mr rock and roll by Amy Macdonald and it was a hit. We were all given certificates, my friend won, I came second (I can't remember how the comody act went) but as I was going to my seat, everyone wanted to be high fived. Knowing me, I wanted to sit down as soon as I could, so I was jogging. As I went to turn the corner, I slipped and had to walk on my knee's back to my seat. My friend turned around to me and said something along the lines of 'You shoulda got the first prize... Swap?" I shook my head and laughed it all off.
You are all perfect.
Never forget that.

littlegreeneyes
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am

Wow! Great thread!

My school only just started having a talent show. It was meant to be a fundraiser (as many of them are) for the Music Department's tour. Every other year the Orchestra, Band, and Choir all go up and out to either Disney to play shows, or to New York City.

So it's 2009 and it's the first talent show -- me and my friends were on the ball. We played a version of Hey Jude and it sort of fell apart. I was fighting a combination of nerves the whole way through. Instead of playing the kickass grand piano my school has, they put me and the rest of the band to the side on a keyboard. I use the pedal a lot, one of those little stompbox-esque ones? And as I kept playing -- it kept -- getting away from me!

By the time we hit the chorus of Hey Jude, I had lost the pedal completely and the chords I was playing were sounding really choppy. I started paying more attention to getting the pedal back than playing the song and I got very very very-very confused as to where we were. That didn't go so well. :P We were the opening act, too.

Fast forward to 2010. It's my senior year at school, along with a bunch of my other friends. We decided to go at it again, except this time we added a guitarist and did a cover of a cover.

We were the opening act again, and for a second I was nervous -- but we were sounding way better this year.

HERE is a link to one of our earlier recordings. We did it at my friends' church where his youth group leader recorded us, mic'd each drum, made us feel very professional. Zach (the singer) didn't get an earpiece or a monitor so if he sounds flat, it's because he was going on what he could hear in his head, not what he could hear of himself.

We played Shinedown's cover of Led Zepplin's Simple Man. The only thing I regret in this recording, the one I linked is that you can't hear Matthew's crazy guitar solos in the background. They sort of got EQ'd, out but when we played the thing for real it was really cool.

And the bass line got a little too rounded out -- but when we played in our gym (that's right, we didn't even have the talent show on a stage!) it sort of rattled everything.

We didn't win, no, but we were the opening act and we knew we did a good job. We set the show off on a good foot for the rest of the acts.

:)

Let me know what you guys think about the link.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!