Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tattoos and Age?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Tattoos and Age?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lollipop on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Since I know there is a large variety of people who come here(of all ages and sizes), I thought this might have been a good place to get a few questions answered. Apparent to the title, it has to do with age and tattoos.

For a while now, I've been wanting a tattoo. I have jumped from idea to idea---in my younger years I thought I wanted angel wings(Nahh), then Japanese kanji(Not really), but then I thought...why not a Sparrow? Of course I researched over the meaning of the Sparrow first, to make sure it was a positive one, and it was. I told my friends about this idea, and while a few liked it(one including my boyfriend), many not really caring, a couple of the people I know told me to wait later one.

I plan on getting a softly blue shaded Sparrow on my right chest, I have light brown skin so I think it might look nicer with the color. I am rather skinny, and highly doubt I will gain much weight in the years too come(I stay healthy and exercise frequently)---but I am a male turning 17 in a week, and my parents agreed to getting me the tattoo for my 17th birthday. Furthermore, here are my questions:

1.) Does my age truly effect the ultimate outcome of the tattoo itself, if I don't mind getting touch ups in the future?

2.) Since the tattoo is on my chest, it would be easy to hide---but should I still worry about jobs?

3.) In my research, I've seen many talk about 'stretching skin'. Is this something I should truly be concerned about?

4.) Should I wait even though I know I REALLY REALLY want it?

I am also willing to answer any questions, and read any comments. It is legal to have a tattoo with parents consent at the age of 17 where I live, and I'm getting it professionally done(the one doing it does my mom's tattoos). I would prefer if all religious or conservative comments/answers would be refrained. Thank You.

[This is the style of the tattoo that I want, although the red shade will be light blue, and it would be slightly smaller.]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lollipop
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Tattoos and Age?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:09 pm

1.) Does my age truly effect the ultimate outcome of the tattoo itself, if I don't mind getting touch ups in the future?
To me age (within reason) isn't such a big deal if you really want something. Obviously it's permanent unless you really hate it later and get the surgery to remove it. 16 and above is a reasonable age to me to get a tattoo.

2.) Since the tattoo is on my chest, it would be easy to hide---but should I still worry about jobs?
Jobs typically look at tattoo that can't be concealed. Since yours is on your chest I very much doubt that anyone in the workplace would have an issue with it since it's easily covered up.

3.) In my research, I've seen many talk about 'stretching skin'. Is this something I should truly be concerned about?
When you grow older your going to start sagging. It will happen there's no stopping it. The tattoo should be fine unless you lose a massive amount of weight or gain a lot. When your older though, I don't think your going to care about that so much XD.

4.) Should I wait even though I know I REALLY REALLY want it?
If you and your parents are fine with it I think you should. Tattoos are amazing but again just my opinion.

:) Hope this helped haha
Aww Sam. You make me giggle :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lollipop on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Thank you. ^^

Lollipop
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Mhm btw the tattoo that you want looks pretty cool. I was also debating getting one soon (-is 16-) for my 17th bday. Probably tribal art or something.

And your welcome :)

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!