Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Asylum

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Asylum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Donny nodded disinterestedly. "Unusual name," he commentated, which was as far as he ever got to a compliment. He was almost bi-polar, but with differences; his moods swung from extreme to extreme. Sometimes he was bored and distracted, others he was manic and seeing visions, the last mood was furiously angry. It was in either of the last two states that people got hurt. People other than himself, that was.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansyGirl13 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:33 pm

"My names Cassidy!" She said hyperly before her grin disappered and she sat back down on the floor.
Friend stab you in the back and boyfriends stab you in the heart but best friends don't carry knives.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PansyGirl13
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightia on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Night looked at the girl who had been laughing in a very strange way earlier. It was a very strange stare. She did it without blinking or even seeing what ever she was staring at. Often her mind was cleared of all thought. She also found it very hard to tear her eyes away after a few moments of the strain on her eyes. She didn't know it and her parents hadn't put it on her form but that was one of the reasons she was here. It unnerved them even though she wasn't doing anything bad. She glanced at the girl at the end of the hall again. She turned back. "So why are you all here?"

Nightia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheif on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Jordan walked into the hall and saw the group of people and stopped like he had just run into an invisible wall. He stared at them for a moment and notices the burn on Donny's hand and the lighter. "Fire. You like fire? I like fire." He said blankly as he starred at the flame almost hypnotized.

cheif
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:26 pm

In response, Donny flickered the flame over his hand again. He met the other boy's eyes and nodded once, briefly. "What's your name?"

Turning back to Night, he answered: "I'm here because my parents don't understand me. I hurt myself just to watch my body bleed - it kind of fascinates me. I like it. And fire. Fire ... it's mesmerizing. Sometimes I get really angry and paranoid, or all manic, and things talk to me. Visions and stuff. Scary, sometimes. Demons. They're real, I swear they are. But my parents don't understand. And when those things visit me, or when I get really fired up, I lose control. It's like being possessed. I try to hurt them, even my big brother and little sister. I've been to counsellors and pyschiatrists, but it doesn't help, because I'm not mad, I'm not, it's real what happens to me, it really is!" For a moment, he looked half-insane with anger dancing like flames in his dark, coal-like eyes, but in a second it was gone. "So they sent me here, for their safety, and my own too, apparently, but that's not true. They're just scared of me." He shrugged. "But I don't care. I hate them all anyway." He ran the flame over his hands again.

"How about you lot?"

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris_Hyde on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm

OOC: O.O! Oh wow, thanks for joining everyone! Of course, everyone is admitted. ^.^

IC: "Mm, Riley-kun didn't get all of my matches," Aeris said lightly to himself. His hand had wandered to the belt hidden under his shirt; and under that was another box of matches. Although, even if his brother had managed to find these as well, the pyromaniac had several single matches concealed on his person.

Smiling, he continued on with the intention of making his way to the third floor; his parents may not have wanted him, but they had been decent enough to share the information they'd learned about his new residence. "Third floor..." he said softly, as though in confirmation. It seemed he was somewhat prone to talking to himself. Ah, well. It should hardly seem out of place here.

Before he had arrived, he had glimpsed several others enter the building—he hadn't the slightest clue where they were now. Even so, Aeris wasn't the type to completely stop and indulge in full length introductions. At least not yet. Thus, he simply observed them with a slight smile. And honestly, that was all he had planned on doing.

...But, he hadn't counted on everyone congregating in the entrance hall. In fact, he hadn't counted on this many people being present period. A brief wave of surprise washing over him, he stood in the large doorway momentarily; however, the feeling was quickly replaced by malicious excitement. So many people...so much blood he could spill...so many minds he could break...so many bodies he could burn... A slow breath pushed past his lips as his eyes seemed to flash from relatively genial, to potentially insane. He hadn't expected his psychosis to emerge so soon.

His bag was thrown over his shoulder, the handle now held by only a couple of fingers; and he approached the group. The very first thing he noted was the flame. He looked at it, then its owner, a smile that could hardly be called warm and friendly in place.

"I see I'm not the only pyromaniac here," he said quietly, though his voice was loud enough to be heard among the already established din. "I'll assume I'm also not alone in my fascination of blood." And damn did Aeris have a fascination with blood—and even that might be an understatement.

Aeris_Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm

((Okay. Thanks for the admit))
Kyle looked up at the great box in front of him. So this was to be his new home, huh? Kinda bland. He didn't like bland things. But it wasn't to be helped.
Then, from behind him, something spoke. "Honey, we're going to go now, okay?"
He turned to look at it. It was the same thing that spoke to him every day. He knew it would do what he said... it had some sort of bond to him, one that he did not understand. But, regardless of what he knew, he had to ask. "Did you bring my things?"
The thing spoke again. "Honey, I really don't think that..."
"Did you bring my things?" He asked again. It was a formality, after all.
"Yes, I brought them." The thing looked perturbed. "But I really don't think..."
"Where are they?"
"In the trunk. Kyle..."
He sighed. The thing loved to talk, no doubt about it. "Just get them out... please."
The thing walked back to a car and took out a duffel bag. By the shape and size, you could tell what was in it wasn't what you would normally stuff in a backpack. The thing picked it up carefully and handed it to Kyle. It seemed almost scared. "Here they are. I really wish you would have left them behind, though. You'll never get better if you keep on doing the same things."
Then, a head stuck itself out of the car. "Karen, it's time to go!"
The thing turned back to the head. "Yeah, I'll be right there." Then, it turned back to Kyle, kissed him, and then walked to the car and got in. "Goodbye, honey."
As the car drove off, Kyle walked forward. As he touched the door, he had a single second of doubt. He stopped. "Goodbye, mom," he said, and then he opened the door and walked in, ready for whatever awaited him.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Someone else was walking through the doors, but Donny turned at the sound of someone talking about being a pyromaniac. A boy was standing behind them with a match in his hand, leering at them. Unpeturbed, Donny shook his head in answer.

"What's your name?" he asked him. "And why are you all here?" he added to the room at large, particularly Night, to whom he had addressed the question in the first place.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Estelle on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Derek kept walking. He walked right past a group of people, half of them with fire in their hands. If he wanted to, he could blow their hands up, but he didn't. BUT, he did want to make some type of show, derek was always a show-off, and most of them looked like they liked fire.

Instead of making a huge commotion, he did a simple thing that showed what he could do...he lit all of the candles as he passed by them. The flames were a little big, but not too much. That was the hard part of being pyrokenetic, controlling the size/amount of the fire. It was much easier to let it let loose and go all the way, but, like before, he didn't want to make a big commotion.

The way it looked was cool. Everytime he passed a candle, it just lit up, like magic, as if he had some aura within him that just lit the candle, and in a sense, he did.
THE GREATEST PLEASURE IN LIFE IS DOING WHAT PEOPLE SAY YOU CANNOT DO.

Estelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightia on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Night shrugged. "I don't know really. Mom said something about being metally 'ill'." She rolled her eyes. "I've told them a million times I was perfectly safe jumping off the roof. After all I do have wings. And elves don't get killed easily." She was obviously convinced she was a winged elf.

Nightia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Kyle walked around in the room, staring at things as if in a dream. Someone had asked why they were all here. Chuckling slowly, Kyle walked right up to it and got in the face of the creature that asked it. "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer!"
Grinning like a maniac, Kyle backed up and looked around. Everyone seemed to have a thing for small fires. The fools. Didn't they know that the fire had to be much bigger to do anything? Oh well.
Then, something caught his attention. The whole thing felt like a dream. He stopped a moment and wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it. Then, he remembered that he was interested in something. The sword. Walking up, maybe a tad to close, he bent down and examined it. It was blue... and reminded him of his teacher's work. It was a great blade. Looking up at the creature who had it, he asked, "What are you and where did you get this sword?"

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:43 am

Donny blinked at Night's revelation. She was an elf? Not another one of his visions, surely... No, she was much too solid and real-looking for that. That meant that either she was having visions too, and had been possessed by one of the things that came in those visions, or she was mad. He considered her thoughtfully for a second, and then a strange boy started grinning in his face and talking about how he didn't know why he was there. The boy then swooped off to examine the sword in Night's belt.

"You're an elf?" he asked her, trying hard to keep any note of scepticism out of his voice. After all, he knew the frustration when people didn't believe you - it had been happening to him for years.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansyGirl13 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:13 am

Cassidy hadn't been paying much atention to the conversation but she was insterested at the mention of elves.
She looked at Night,"I like elves,"was all she said before going back to talking to her imaginary friends.

PansyGirl13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Estelle on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:03 am

Continueing, Derek finally found the steps. The place was kind-of deserted, but he explored and opened all the doors, just to see what it would lead to. Finally, on the third floor, he found the dorms. He opened all of the doors there, too, and tried to choose the best one. None of them were cool or nice, they just consisted of two twin beds and TVs with a fridge and toilets. He decided to look on the second floor, just in case there was some better place of accomodation. Apparently, Derek was lucky.He found a room that probably was designed by a proffesional architect. The outerwall was made of just a glass window. There was a spiral staircase that lead to a menzanine, or something sort of like that, but it was more like a suite. Up the stairs was a bed and a nightstand as well as a dresser and TV/VHS/DVD system as well as a computer. There was also a mini-kitchen with a mini-fridge and a mini-sink. On the normal second floor level, there was a couch and a rug. This looked more like a small house than an Asylum for troubled kids, but who was he to complain?

Derek claimed the room, placing his things in the room. There was also a second bed, but he didn't want anyone to be sleeping with him, really, unless they liked fire, too...or if it was a girl. On the coffee table on the second floor part, there was a stack of construction paper, scissors and glue. There was a folded note on it, but Derek didn't want to read it. He left it intact.

He decided to wait to see if someone would show up and claim the room, too. Meanwhile, he but things in the drawers and unpacked...there was nothing else to do...

Estelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:06 am

Donny looked around. "Do we have ... assigned dorms or do we pick a bedroom?" he asked. He was sure his mother had anxiously explained everything to him over and over again, but it was funny really how much more interesting he found those voices in his head.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Estelle on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:27 am

Derek was bored. He took out his iHome and put in his iPod. He started playing Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars really loudly and continued with his work. He had few posters, but enough to cover 1/2 of a wall. Most were of skulls and fire and some were just plain artistic and creepy pictures of dark alleys or candles. He liked them. He didn't want to put them up just yet, though, and he didn't know what to do. Decidedly, he went to the lounge with his guitar and just sat. He hadn't played his instrument for a while, so he picked it up and strummed a few chords and warm-ups. Then, he just improvised and started singing.

...."

Derek continued, but suddenly stopped when he heard some footsteps.
Last edited by Estelle on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansyGirl13 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:42 am

Cassidy was bored so headed to a dorm and began to unpack her stuff while chatting to the figments of her imagination.

PansyGirl13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:44 am

"I take it we can just pick any bedroom?" Donny asked Night, now that Cassidy had gone to choose one. He looked around at the dismal environment. "Funny how I think I'd rather be here than at home."

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Estelle on Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:31 am

(feel free to join derek in the lounge)

Estelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightia on Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Night looked at the human who had asked about the sword. "I am an elf. And my sword? I got it somewhere."
She said vaugly, making it clear she did not want to talk about her sword. It was like one of the objects. She didn't want to tell anyone about it. When she heard Donny's question she nodded. Finally someone who didn't think she was crazy. Or 'mentally ill'. "I think we can pick any room we want. They don't have names."

Nightia
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!