Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Black Marusame

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Black Marusame

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Sun May 29, 2011 1:42 pm

It was as a thick black blanket had been placed over the skies as the moon shone with a lumonous almost evil glow. The air became filled with the noises of owls and the whistling of the wind through the trees. A single figure crept amongst the trees, clutching his wounded stomach. Every step he took seemed as if a thousand needles were puncturing the already bleeding gash.
"Damn it." The creature gasped as he winced in almost overwhelming pain, bandits had ambushed him on the way to the next town and had left him severely wounded. He let his dragonic features shine in the moonlight for a brief moment before collasping against a tree.
Vael, was his name. A dragovian or half-dragon that had been abandoned after his mother was killed and his father had dissapeared. He wore, red roles and a red viel covering his muzzle. His orange eyes were constantly watching left from right as he lie against the tree. He felt the gash open up slightly with each passing movement.
"Would someone help me?!" He cried with last of his energy, his voice echoing through the seemingly empty forest. Did anyone hear him or was he destined to die here and not follow in his family's footsteps as one of the greatest warriors to be put on this world?
"Reach out and stab someone." ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Black Marusame

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Silvan Blackweed peered out from behind a tree, carefully examining the creature who's desperate cry she had heard.
The creature wore red robes and had strange orange eyes.

"...A dragovian..." She whispered under her breath. She had lived a somewhat isolated life - as a druid, she rarely ventured into towns or villages - and consequently rarely saw creatures other than the animals native to the forest.

It was then she noticed the creature was clutching his stomach, his face was contorted in pain. He was injured.

Stepping out from behind the tree, her white robes ruffled gently in the wind. she approached the dragovian quietly, reaching his side and kneeling.

"Shh, it's alright, you're going to be okay." She said soothingly to him, placing a hand gently on his chest. Her eyes closed and she began to mutter under her breath in an ancient tongue. Slowly, the creatures wound grew smaller and the pain ebbed away from his body.

After several minutes, no trace of the wound remained. Silvan opened her eyes and slowly got to her feet. Her breathing was deep and she felt light headed and more than a little exhausted.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:03 am

The dragovian stared at her for a moment in disbelief. He had never seen healing magic used before, the sight and feeling were unlike anything he had felt over his young life.
"Thank you." His voice almost like a snake's, which was only natural for him.
Standing up for the first time in what seemed like ages, a smile crossed his muzzle. He felt good, very good. It was as if his whole body was re-energized. On instinct, he looked at the fatigued healer with empathy and almost an overwhelming gratitude.
"Why don't you rest?" He offered, motioning to the same treee he had rested under.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby magikchild-mayu on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Lowell Gray sniffed the air for something to eat. Her body was all fur and soft. Her ears twitched as she heard a yell in the distance. She dashed to where it came from quickly to see what it was.

Trees followed her as she ran. As soon as she saw light Lowell halted. She knew that type of light. Her brother told her all about it when she was a pup. It was the light of a druid. She sniffed the air again and this time she smelt something strange. "What's that smell? I've never smelt that scent before? What could it be?" She said to herself. She looked once again and saw two humans. One in white robes and one in red robes. She growled slightly and shifted into her human form. She stayed hid, until the time was right.
I howl at the moon,
I transphorm at Full Moon,
I have wonderful friends that love me for who and what I may be.

~Mayu

magikchild-mayu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Vael felt as though he was being watched, his instinct kicked into overdrive as his eyes shifted from one side on the forest to the other. He did not spot anything on his first check and decided it would be best to continue on his search for his family and hopefully supplies and food as he was getting quite hungry.
"I wonder how Father is doing..." He mumbled to himself as he walked the forest, alone.
He had a small sense of direction so decided to follow it until he found a clearing or at best an exit.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby magikchild-mayu on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Lowell held her breath and stayed as still as possible so the human that was looking around didn't see her. As soon as the being moved she fled to another tree quickly and quietly. The being walked right past her and Lowell plugged her nose. So that's where the awful stench is coming from. A growl slipped out and Lowell's eyes went wide. She quickly shifted again so the being wouldn't realize it was a lycanthrope and ran to the other human by the tree the being was at before.

Lowell looked at the human and realized it was sleeping. She lied next to it and slept silently as well.

magikchild-mayu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Vael felt his tail swaying with both nervousness and caution. He was alone once more and to make matters worse, his body was becoming weaker from lack of sleep and food. He began to start to sleepy, his vision blurred and his movements swayed and uncordinated. Slumbing against a tree, he took a long breath and kept going. He knew that the exit had to be nearby... Suddenly, something caught his eye, a sword... It's handle red almost grotesque as the single bladed black sword itself. Energy pulsated off it as it was stuck in the ground ahead.
"I must get that, it will help me get out of here alive..." He said, reaching for it.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby magikchild-mayu on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Trees surrounding the young pup, monsters coming after her for food. Lowell tried to scream for help, but her voice wasn't working. She tried to howl, but that wouldn't work either. She ran as fast as she could, but the monsters came quicker. Soon they surrounded Lowell and... "NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Lowell howled and shot up on all fours. She shifted and went into the featal position. "That can't happen again. That can't happen AGAIN." she told herself. Tears were rolling down her face a little and as soon as she heard a noise she bulked up and became strong. Not showing her fear and tears. "Who's there?" She sniffed the air. "You can't hide from me. I know you're there."

magikchild-mayu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:37 am

Grab it… The power needs to be released… A strange voice said from inside Vael’s mind. He was unsure who could be speaking to him but the voice from behind him was much more of an annoyance. The dragovian spun about, almost shielding the new weapon from the creature he spotted.
“So, you are the one following me… I am not angry or irritated by this but simply ask why?” He said, his voice still snake-like although he was a half-dragon.
He glanced back at the sword, he knew he had seen it from somewhere before but where? He kept his mind in thought as he looked to the intruder, he did not know how he had been found but it did not matter to him.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby magikchild-mayu on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 am

"I was just looking for a midnight snack and found you and some other person that's lying here. I never meant to intrude." Lowell said as she leaned up against the tree. Her eyes drifted from the creature in front of her to behind it. She saw a sword behind him.What's up with him guarding that sword? If he's guarding it at all. "What's with the sword?" Lowell asked interested yet rude. Lowell, shut up! Don't be rude. said a little voice in the back of her head. Lowell growled at it quietly.

magikchild-mayu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 am

Vael stared at the newcomer. He still had no idea where this weapon came from or what it was and therefore could not speak of what it could be. Instead, he strode up to the creature and gave a small, kind grin under the piece of cloth that hid his muzzle.
“I am unsure of it, myself… However.” He stepped back to the sword once more and decided that it was time to pull it from its place.
He gripped the hilt of the blade with his right claw and with one pull, the sword released from the earth. Suddenly, a overcoming laugh filled his mind as pain shot up into his arm. The sword suddenly was like a part of him and then it came to him.
“The Black Marusame…” He hissed, as the hilt seemed to burn his claw but for some reason he could not let go of it whatsoever.
He fell to him knees as the laugh became louder and louder in his head but tried his best to keep composure and stood back up despite the immense pain he was feeling.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby magikchild-mayu on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 am

Lowell watched the creature go into pain. She wanted to help him, but what could she do? Then she thought, Wait, if he can't touch the handle of the sword, maybe he can touch a cloth that's cover the handle! She ripped her left sleeve of her shirt and went over to the creature. "Here let me help." she said kindly.

magikchild-mayu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ParanoidPronoid156 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:40 pm

"Stop! Both of you get away from that blade right now!" Rennel barked as he came into range."Get his hand off of the handle, right now! Before the blade controls him!" He dashed to where Vael was and pried his hands off of the sword. As he did so, it hovered, then fell."I've journeyed far and wide, collecting knowledge about all the great legends of this world. I've vanquished evils and been in the very presence of gods. Now, it is time for this cursed sword to be destroyed!" He said as he removed a large hammer from it's place on his back." Stand back, everyone. A massive amount of holy and dark energies is about to be unleashed. It could be extremely deadly." He raised the hammer high in the air as he prepared to smash the blade.

ParanoidPronoid156
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Vael growled, his body was now pulsating with a black aura, even as the sword was pried from his claws, his eyes flashed red and a voice came up. "Do not touch that blade..." He hissed, as he snatched the sword and suddenly several black grotesque tentacles came from the hilt and ripped into his claw. The sword was now a part of him... And as he collapsed the aura dissapated as the tentacles had buried themselves into his calw holding the sword.
"We need this, I will be the martyr for whatever this evil weapon holds. Now allow me to ask, who are you?"

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ParanoidPronoid156 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 am

"I am Rennel. Some would call me an idiotic, foolhardy knowledge-seeker. But if they could do what I've done, they would not say that." Rennel Rested his hammer on it's head as he leaned on it like a walking stick."I know what that blade does to it's wielders. Hell, I've even murdered the one who forged it. But you won't stay a martyr to that cursed weapon for long. Trust me."

ParanoidPronoid156
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby magikchild-mayu on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 am

Lowell just stared at the new comer. Eyes deep with anger and fear. Lowell could always keep her temper down, but with Rennel she couldn't seem to keep it down. She had a bad feeling about him and wanted to do what was best for her pack. So she did what she did best, Shift and make her mark. She quickly ran behind a tree and shifted. When she came out Rennel and the one with the evil sword were still standing there. She made a low growl and went over to the one with the evil sword. She sniffed it curiously and then horrible memories flooded back into her head. I knew I knew this sword somehow. It murdered family. It's old welder wasn't very friendly in the first place, but this sword made her even worse. Lowell growled at it loudly, but she didn't dare touch it. She knew what horrible things it could do.

magikchild-mayu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:19 am

Vael laughed as if he had heard a humourous joke. His body was reacting in weird ways to this sword. Suddenly, he became limp as if someone was using him as a puppet. A voice as cold as night and as sharp as a dagger came forth with a malevolent laugh. He was being controlled...At least for the moment.
"You say you have killed me? And yet I live inside this sword and outside of this useless world..." The voice was none other than Yaris, the Guardian of the Moon and Shadows. He was one of the several or so Guardians of the Earth created to watch over the elements, however, this one did almost as he pleased.
"It is simple, my dear comrades. This dragovian shall be the wielder of this sword until I choose...At which time the sword will consume his entire being and become even strong--" He was cut off.
"I know who you are, Yaris... My father told me stories of you. And now that you are finished speaking...Shall we go?" Vael's voice his own now as he began to leave the forest.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xephyr99 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Xeph's eyes snapped open. He sat up frantically and perched himself on the edge of the cliff on which he resided. "I sense a taint..." he muttered to himself, focusing his hawk-like eyes on the earth below him. His talons involuntarily dig into the stone beneath his feet. He stood, still searching the ground far beneath him. He stretched his wings and cracked his neck to the side. His anthropomorphic, phoenix-like body was enshrouded in black plumage almost ethereal in appearance. He fell forward and soared towards the taint he sensed. Toward the black murasame. Towards the only thing he ever felt shared his curse. His eyes glowed crimson and the scar across his right eye gleamed in the sunlight. "Am I about to face my doppleganger" he thought. "Or is the taint within me not as unique as I'd thought..."

Xephyr99
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Vael walked out toward the opening of the forest. His yellow eyes watched the sides carefully as he felt the sword pulsated with unawakened power. This was the first step in finding his father and thus nothing was going to stop him. It was quite simple in fact, the sword was feeding off Vael's soul slowly, he had no idea that the slaying of the pure was the only way to quench this blade's thirst. However, he would soon find out as he tensed his claw around the sword.
"I will unlock the secrets of you even if takes the rest of my life." He said, to himself almost proud that holding one of the ancient artifacts left by the Guardians.

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!