Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Broken Bond {Closed}

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Broken Bond {Closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Elliot sighed and closed his eyes. She went right to the point, didn't she? He didn't want to tell her! If he said it out loud, it only made things that much more real. He thought he would be fine for a while yet. He hadn't expected the illness to attack him so quickly and in that way. It had been terrifying and he knew his sister was scared for his sake, but still. And the there was the fact that Andrew was there, watching him, listening intently. He knew he had plenty of questions to ask to. Couldn't he just pretend nothing was happening to him and put on a happy face? That sounded like a better option to him.

At last, he opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling. He didn't dare look at Becca or Andrew. If he looked, he risked breaking down and he couldn't do that. He had to be strong. Emily had been strong and she had been such a young little girl.

"I had the suspicion something was wrong a couple of months after Emily broke down. I confirmed it with the doctor a week ago," he answered Becca. "I wasn't going to tell you, and if I hadn't collapsed, I wouldn't have let you know about this, Becca. I didn't want you to know."
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Becca let go of his hand and crossed her arms over her chest waiting for an answer. If he was just diagnosed a week ago and it was already this far he didn't seem to have that long to live. She was holding back tears as she waited for him to tell her what was wrong. How could he not tell her they were siblings were they not? Family. Maybe in his eyes they weren't family now at all. "You were going to leave me in the dark and not tell me?" She couldn't help but yell the last part out. Moments later she got up and started heading towards the window to look out and try to calm herself down.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nephora
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Elliot's fingers curled up around the white sheets that did little warm his chilled body. He glared up at the ceiling. "There wasn't a reason for you to know. Why the hell would I want you to know? Yes, I was going to leave you in the dark. You don't need to worry about me. You have your own life after all. What would come out of it if you were just sitting there coddling me? Life is too damn short, Becca. You shouldn't waste yours worrying about me all the time." His words were cold and he knew it. He didn't want to hurt Becca but as far as he was concerned, she had a life and he wasn't going to ruin it. He had to break away from her so maybe she wouldn't be as devastated when he died. He knew it was faulty logic but he didn't change his mind.

Andrew stood up then and moved to Elliot's bed. "Elliot, you are being mean. I know you and that isn't like you. There is no reason why you should act this way towards your sister."

Elliot turned his icy gaze to the man that had saved his life. "You don't know anything, Andrew. I know what I am doing."

"Eli, you-"

"Don't call me Eli! Only my family and close friends can call me that," he returned coldly.

Andrew seemed unfazed. "You're acting like a child. You were perfectly fine with me calling you Eli when you slept over. I've seen you when you're vulnerable and trying to fight back. That is exactly what you are doing right now. Your sister is worried about you and she has a right to worry about you. I am worried about you to."

Elliot rolled onto his side and pulled the covers over himself trying to push everything away. He didn't want to deal with this! "you don't understand..." he said stubbornly.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:18 pm

As she looked out the window she heard her brother's voice and those hateful words. Just yesterday they were having a great time laughing and now she missed another day of work because of him. What would happen if she lost her job because of this? She hid her crying from him not wanting to show weakness towards her brother. Or how much he had hurt her. Maybe it was for the best that she just leave but her brother was dieing. "Because I am your sister the only family you have left." He had always been there for her and now she was there for him but he didn't want her there.

She listened to what Andrew was saying and he was absolutely right. The words sleeping over got her out of her daze and she turned towards the two. "What do you mean slept over?" She had no idea who this person was only that Andrew had saved her brother from dieing last night and was so grateful for that. She did not move from her spot but she waited for an answer before leaving the hospital.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Before Elliot could stop him, Andrew answered for him. "Elliot spends the night at my house every once in a while; the only times he admits to being gay," he chuckled.

"I am not gay!" Elliot denied and pulled the covers tighter around himself.

"Now you are just being difficult, El. If you weren't gay, you wouldn't crawl into my arms when you're over."

Elliot's vitals were a little erratic at this point and he sat up abruptly and shoved Andrew away from the bed as he scrambled up. "You asshole!" he growled. He just wanted to hide from the world! Why was Andrew saying these things to his sister? His family would be so disappointed in him. Andrew was faster. Andrew wrapped his arms around Elliot's fleeing form and the two of them fought. Andrew held on until the both of them were on the floor with Elliot's back was glued to Andrew's chest. Andrew locked Elliot's arms down and used his free hand to press against Elliot's frantic heart. The poor think was panting for breath; the real reason he had given in to Andrew's strength.

"Breathe, El, breathe. This is not the end of the world. Breathe."

Andrew's soothing words, strength, and steady breathing helped Elliot calm down again. Andrew pulled Elliot up off the floor and laid him back down on the bed. The doctor and nurse rushed in since Elliot had disconnected himself from the machines.

Andrew looked up. "He is fine, Dr. Jameson. He is just stubborn."

Dr. Jameson looked between them for a moment before Elliot was reconnected to the machines and they left. Once they were gone, Elliot glared at Andrew. "I hate you."

"I love you to," Andrew smiled.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Becca could not believe what he was saying her own brother was gay? She did not agree with this lifestyle and she could not believe all this time her brother was lying to her. Family does not do that to one another.

She wanted to stop the fight that was going on and it seemed Andrew was good for him despite the fact her brother was gay. "You want me gone fine. I'm gone and moving out." Slowly she started walking towards the door and just wanted to get out of here. She was done with being lied to and the fighting maybe he would finally figure out what he was doing wrong he had just lost his sister. The tears she was not hiding anymore as she walked out of the room. Where was she going to go? Her friends had almost all abandoned her after the whole thing with Emily and now she had no one.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:01 pm

And Elliot wasn't happy. How could he be happy? He had wanted to help Becca but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. When she walked out of the room, he finally let the tears fall down his face. He bought a hand up to cover his eyes.

"You are an idiot sometimes, you know that, right?" Andrew asked and ran his fingers through his lover's hair.

"I know. And why did you tell her I was gay? My family... they didn't have positive views about gay people, Andrew."

"She needed to know eventually. Rest, El. We'll figure this all out later. I promise. Don't hide or push me away to. We'll pull through."

That just made more tears fall. "Andrew... I am dying..." he barely whispered and spilled his story to the man. It wasn't long before Andrew was in the bed with Elliot and holding him close while the man cried.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

Kai whistled to himself as he walked down the street. Man, he shouldn't have parked his car so far away from the store. Oh well. At least it was a nice morning out right now. He looked down at the three books he bought and smiled to himself. He couldn't wait till he got home and curl up by the fire and start reading. He didn't have work tomorrow either so that was a bonus. He was going to try and not finish all of the books in one day, but he loved reading. It was his pass time, his passion, and his downfall. He often got caught up in a book and time would fly by so fast.

Kai turned his dark eyes up and stopped walking for a moment. Was that Becca? His eyes widened. He hadn't seen Becca in ages! His face lit up with joy, completely unaware that she had just walked out of a hospital. "Becccaaaaa!" he cried and waved at her. He wasn't very tall but hopefully she'd see him. He hurried after her. "Becca!" he laughed. When he finally reached her, his smile faded. Why was she crying. "Becky? What's wrong? Are you okay?

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Becca did not want to leave her brother but he had done something that hurt her a lot. Lied to her. She had heard him crying and she stopped for about a second but kept on going. That was it she could not deal with this anymore. She could deal with the fighting but not the lying part. She stopped at the elevator and pushed the button wanting no more then to get out of this hospital. The hospital she had come to many times before with Emily. Finally the elevator came and she got into it. Moments later she was heading out the door of the hospital. That was it she finally had no one left in her life and almost forgot about Kai.

The problem with taking the ambulance to the hospital she had a long walk back to the hospital. Little did she know that Kai was no more then one hundred feet away from her. He was her best friend in school and it hurt her that he had to move away. A few moments later she heard someone called her name and it was a voice she knew so well. She could not believe who was standing right in front of her. "Kai?" She cried out wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. "It's a long story." She whispered not really wanting to get into it right now.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Kai hugged his old friend tightly against him and nuzzled her softly. Oh he had missed her. He thought he'd never see her again. It really was a great surprise to see her here. Now they could reconnect again. He knew that over the years they had changed, but they should still have things in common. And maybe he could comfort her when she was willing to talk about whatever it was that was bugging her.

Kai pulled back and caressed her face softly with his free hand. "I am here for you when you fee like talking, Becky," he smiled softly. "And how have you been? What have you been up to? You have decades of gossip to unleash on me, my friend," he laughed. "How's the family?" he asked. "And where did you park? I could follow you with my car and we can go hang out somewhere."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm

It seemed as though even years without seeing each other they were still as close as ever. She did not want to let go of her best friend but did when he pulled back. The tears had slowed down as she looked into this eyes. She was so happy to hear that he had wanted to hang out and talk but she did not want to say what was on her mind. "Been working two jobs." She dodged the other questions because she didn't want to talk about it and hoped he would understand. "It's back where the old carnival used to be." She said pulling her jacket close around her.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 pm

~~~~~~~~~~ 2 months later ~~~~~~~~~~

Elliot was spiraling down once he was released from the hospital. He wanted to do and try things he'd never done and he was downright moody when he was in pain. The pain was probably the worst part. Young Elliot had thrown the future to the wind and lost all hope for planning life. All he cared about was today and what that would bring. He knew Andrew was worried and angry with him, but this was how Elliot chose to live now that he knew tomorrow was a distant goal he might not achieve. He wanted to be wild and crazy until he couldn't move anymore.

Elliot now sported earrings and a shiny belly ring which Andrew admitted he enjoyed playing with when Elliot actually let Andrew love him. Elliot's blond hair also had blue streaks now and he had a couple of tattoos. There was one down the inside of his arm saying 'Live each day like it is your last day." and a black dragon on his back. The dragon curled around a scroll that said 'Life is what you make it." He really was obsessed with life statements.

The young man now stood outside his sister's new home unsure of what he wanted to do. She didn't know he was here and he seriously debated just walking away. His sister had a better life without him, but he... he really wanted to talk to her, see her, see she was alive and okay. He missed her so much. After all these months, he realized it was selfish of him pushing her away. It wasn't for her benefit at all and maybe he was being selfish now to. He didn't want to die knowing his sister hated him. He had changed a lot and he was afraid she'd hate him more, but at least he would have tried. He shored up his courage and headed for the door and knocked.

Kai answered the door and stared at Elliot, not quite recognizing him at first. His eyes widened when it clicked. "Elliot... It has been so long."

Elliot himself stared at Kai in surprise. He had been friends with Kai when they were kids. He offered a smile and the two bumped shoulders like they always did. "Hey Kai. Too long, I say. I would love to catch up with you and we should so make a date for it, but I needed to talk to my sister. Is she here? I didn't know she was with you."

"Oh yeah, she's been living here with me for a while. She's here. Come in." Kai stepped aside and let Elliot into the house and closed the door. "Becca," Kai called. "Someone's here to see you." He purposefully didn't mention Elliot's name. He knew the two were pissed at each other after all.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:37 pm

It had been a long two months but she assumed if anything happened Andrew would try and get a hold of her. Becca was able to drop one of her jobs now since she lived with Kai and everything seemed to be looking good for her now. Today was one of her days off. Yes she still missed and was worried about her brother but he made his choice and she made hers.

Becca was upstairs writing an email in her bedroom to someone that she had become friends with over the past two months. At least things were looking up for her and she had a bit of a better life. Nothing would change how she still cared about her brother or how she felt about the fight they last had. She did not hear the knock on the door and almost did not hear Kai calling out to her.

She quickly pressed send and she wanted to type more but she was being called. It was probably for something like what she wanted to eat or where she wanted to go. Then she heard that someone was here for her and she wondered who it was? The only person she ever talked to was Kai. "Coming." She called from the top of the stairs and she walked down them quite quickly. Her mouth dropped open when she saw who it was. Maybe she thought he was already dead but it seemed as though the virus was killing him much less then Emily.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Elliot looked up when he heard his sister coming down the stairs. He swallowed hard and rubbed his arm a little. Now that she was there, he didn't know what to say, what to do. Did he say sorry? Did he just go over there and hug her and tell her how much of an idiot he was? He opted to just stare at her for a little while before his mind finally clicked on and he ran to his sister and hugged her tightly against him. He squeezed his eyes shut and sighed.

"Becky... oh Becky, I missed you," he said and hugged her a little tighter. "I missed you so much. I am sorry I acted like such an idiot. I am sorry. Please forgive me. I'll make it up to you," he promised.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:09 pm

The hateful words he had said still echoed through her mind as if the fight was yesterday. When he hugged her she didn't really do anything she was still angry. Did he think coming over here and saying he was sorry was going to fix everything he had done to her? Gently she pulled away noticing the tattoo and the new earrings. "What happened to you?" She said nodding towards the the earrings. He could tell she was still upset and wasn't going to accept his apology right away.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Elliot was sad when his sister pulled away from her, but he understood. They had a pretty bad break. There was so much distance between them now. He ran a hand through his hair and offered a little smile. "Do you like it? I figured, hey, I am gonna drop dead soon, might as well do the things I've wanted to do but never got around to doing or was worried about getting done. Life is really short and I want to have fun before I am gone," he answered her. "There is no use preparing for tomorrow because then you aren't living, you're just planning. I don't have time to plan. Andrew and I are planning on going on a hiking trip in a week to. Did you want to come with us?" he asked.

Kai walked over to them then and watched the two. He wanted them to make up. If what Becca told him was true, they should put away their anger. Elliot didn't have long to live. Shouldn't they spend time together and be happy until Elliot passed away? What if they stayed angry and then Elliot was gone? Becca would regret all the times they could have been happy and making awesome memories.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:07 am

Crossing her arms in front of her chest she listened to what he had to say. "No I don't really like it." Even though what he said was true it hurt her to think that he would be dead soon but he looked ok. "If you say your going to die then you will." Emily used to say that and that took probably some time off her life. Her and Andrew had kept in touch just in case something happened to Elliot. "I really don't agree with the lifestyle and rather not." She would not feel comfortable with them sharing the same tent or snuggling and kissing. What Kai was thinking was right they should make up but things were said and she still didn't like it.

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:17 am

Elliot's smile slowly faded and he looked away from her. Becca knew he it was hard for him to say sorry but he had. He had said sorry and he was trying to fix it. Why wouldn't she give him some ground? Hated the life style? Was she talking about him and Andrew or his new philosophy of life? Maybe both? He shook his head and sighed. He wasn't going to change. Andrew was his life line right now. Without him, Elliot would be lost or dead. Definitely dead.

"Andrew is a good guy. He is my anchor. Without him, I'd be long gone, Becca. I am sorry, but I am not going to give Andrew up. As for what I do now, I don't see any other option. All I know for certain, all I really have, is today. I can't go back to who I was before all this because I wasn't happy then. It was just work and school. It was surviving. Now... Now I want to live. I am sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't really want to admit it. I didn't want to tell anyone. Would you really want to tell those you love that you're going to die? I don't want to be sick. I don't want to be dying. I am sorry I hurt you. I thought I was doing the right thing. I'd like it if you'd come with us," he restated.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 am

This had happened a lot of times before he attempted to say he was sorry and she forgave him. What he said at the hospital two months ago was almost unforgivable. Those words hit hard and she knew what she was doing was wrong. She wished nothing like this would have happened. "Elliot you had me to look after you and help you." Andrew might have been a a doctor and knew what to do but she still could have done something. Now she would have never been able to try because he did not give her a chance. Her look changed from anger to somewhat sympathy. "Can I think about it please?"

nephora
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:30 am

Elliot sighed. "Yeah, you can think about it, Becca. And That is exactly why I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to be burdened with looking out for me. I am your brother. I should be looking out for you. I don't want to be weak or anything like that. I wanted you to live without worrying about me, Becky." He reached out and pushed her hair away from her face. "Pushing you away... that was me being stubborn and prideful. I thought I was in the right. I am sorry," he said again. He pulled back and turned to look at Kai. "You are welcome to come to, Kai. You'd make a fun addition," he smiled softly.

Kai grinned and gave him a peace sign. "Sounds good, Eli."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nephora on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 am

"Elliot that's what family do for one another. They help each other no matter what." When he reached out to brush her hair away she allowed him but did not move. "You have my phone number just keep in touch." It was true she did have her cell number but he had not tried to get a hold of her the last few months. Maybe if Kai was going she would do so as well so she would not feel like a third wheel if she went alone.

nephora
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!