Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Colonnades;Pillars of the Apocalypse (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Colonnades;Pillars of the Apocalypse (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somatrasiel on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 am

OOC: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-colonnade-pillars-the-apocalypse-adv-open-t36945.htmlTHE OOC
OOC: If you are a Seeker in either the Soleis or Salvation groups, please choose your corresponding Link. Play BEFORE posting.

Phoenix shifted uncomfortably after the message had ended. Although this was what she had wanted since she escaped from her old home, Phoenix felt slightly unprepared to what their future would look like. Despite the doubting thoughts, her body language displayed nothing but confidence and pride. She had spiked her hair and donned light blue eyeshadow to her eyes even though it seemed a bit strange to dress up for a Hub on the corner of the Keep's Biopark. Her thoughts suddenly took an optimistic tone. Seekers were by far, one of the most highly paid occupations within the Keep. On average, a successful job resulted in several hundred Keep Credits. She grinned inwardly at the thought and set off, removing her right-hand ring finger off the finger pad.

Her destination was the Seeker Registry Headquarters in the Business District, 2A. It wasn't a particularly long ways to get there, but Phoenix took the longer roads back to the main body of the Keep. The Biopark was beautiful and supposedly a recreation of what Old Earth surface looked like. If one looked down from the glass barrier of the park, they would see nothing but an empty see of murky green colored gas. Phoenix had a hard time believe the dead wasteland down below looked anything serene and tranquil like the garden. I should not be late, she though, moving more briskly through the grass and the trees. Once she reached the main pillar, she approached a rugged security guard standing before the gates to the elevators.

"Hello Mr..." Phoenix glanced at his badge, "Coulter. I don't suppose they elevator queue is empty?" Phoenix purred the words, making sure to lower her eyelids a fraction. Tilting her hips slightly to one side, she put her hand on Mr. Coulter's badge, tracing the emblem of the eagle with the tip of her finger. "N-no." The man said, looking everywhere but her face. Phoenix inwardly sighed. It was her luck to end up with a man whose brains were the size of a pebble. She pressed on, changing tactics, "The Seeker Registry is waiting for me. First day." This time she smiled widely, and her eyes crinkled with amusement. The man relaxed, looking at her eyes. Phoenix kept them open wider and made sure her teeth showed in her 'genuine' joy. "A Seeker you say?" The man sounded impressed, "Well..." He looked at the list for the elevator queue, "It would be unfair to let you go in first..." Phoenix mock moaned, wrinkling her mouth and squinting her eyes like a young child. "But I'll get in trouble!" The Guard finally sighed, "Alright. Don't tell anyone." Phoenix grinned again, "No problem Mr. Coulter!" pronouncing the consonants harshly and with a slightly higher pitch. "I'll see ya when I become a famous Medic!" Phoenix waved at the stupid man and hopped onto the elevator that opened.

The second she was inside her face dropped to her usual cold impassivity. In a few minutes, she was at level 2A and exiting the elevator, headed straight for the Registry HQ in the center of the district. Phoenix arrived quickly and slipped inside, noting who looked at her curiously and who looked at her with disdain. She would remember them later. She might need them. Approaching the desk, pointedly ignoring most of the other people inside, said softly, "Phoenix Shields. I am here to be Marked." The older woman looked at her and smiled, liking the soft, vulnerable looking lines on the young girls face. How horrid, to have to Descend! She thought and took the girl's daintily offered hand, pressing her ring-finger onto the pad.

"This might sting." She warned and immediately felt bad as Phoenix's eyes widened and her lip quivered. With a small voice, she said, "Its ok. I can handle it." The receptionist pressed the button on the side of the Pad and there was a small zapping sound. The girl's eyes watered and she sniffed, but otherwise didn't cry. Offering a wavering smile, Phoenix said to the woman, "See? I can do it." The woman smiled back, petting her hand, "Yes you can darling."

Pheonix turned away and sat down at the table, blinking away the tears and setting her mouth into a thin line. Now to await the rest of Salvation.
Last edited by Somatrasiel on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Somatrasiel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: The Colonnades;Pillars of the Apocalypse (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ninjasaur on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am

The yellow sky glows on the silhouette of a man that's treading across a thick carpet of grass near the horizon. Over his head large birds boasting vibrant colors painted the air as they fly by. A beautiful woman reveals herself from hiding behind a large tree with thick drooping branches. The man stops and admires her naked form as she approaches him. Cool air flows through her long red hair and causes the tree to sway. She speaks but he can't hear her. He wants to question her but his body is numb and unable to react.

Suddenly it's dark. Only the glow of digital numbers can be seen. Slightly disoriented the man rolls over in his bed. Two linen sheets wrap tightly around his legs as he does so but they go ignored. He reaches into the darkness and adjusts the numbers so they face him. Shit. When they come into focus they read 5:11 pm. He feels around a flat surface for a button and throws the sheets off of his legs. Upon pressing the button several lights activate and shine on a small apartment bedroom. With no time to spare he gets up and walks over to a closet door. He slides it open and begins searching for a his suit. One at a time he slides outfits hanging from hooks from one side of the extraordinarily neat closet to the other. Eventually he finds it and slides on some black pants with a belt previously buckled to his waist size. He then puts on a white button up shirt but leaves the top two nearest to the neck unbuttoned. Carrying the suit's jacket he walks into the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror. With two fingers of the hand not occupied he feels across his jawline and contemplates taking the time to shave. He shrugs this idea off and throws the jacket on as he heads to the door. He kneels down and removes two black shoes from a perfectly organized line of footwear. Placing them on his feet he neatly ties them, flicks off the light, and departs.

An empty hallway echoes strangely loud as he walks down it toward the apartment complex's primary entrance and eventually a large column of elevator shafts referred to as the 'main pillar'. A security guard greets him, "It'll be twenty minutes before you can use this elevator." Frustrated the man pleas, "I don't have that much time. Please understand I'm running late as it is already." The guard ignores him. The man looks into the air for inspiration and impatiently takes a few steps away, shaking his hands. Taking a deep breath he shuts his eyes and tries to achieve clarity. Soon after he overhears a conversation between the guard and a woman. "But I'll get in trouble!" She whines. A few moments pass and he opens his eyes and turns around to see a woman's boot entering the elevator, the guard awestruck. He returns to the guard and throws his hands in the air. "This is unbelievable! You just-" The man begins to rant but is interrupted by the guard. "Look it's protocol. I can't let you on so please step aside." Left with no other choices the man does just that. Five minutes pass and he's left annoyed. Again he watches the guard letting somebody else on the elevator. Some documents are shown and the person steps inside. Furious he charges the elevator doors,and just as they are shutting the man dives into the elevator. The doors close behind him. The person inside looks appalled as the man stands up and brushes his suit off.

He extends his arm, "Hi. I'm James Fox, thanks for sharing your ride."
"Rock is okay but Scissors needs to be nerfed." - Paper

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ninjasaur
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:25 am

Jaysóne lay in bed with a stupid smirk on his face, the visage of a beautiful blond woman with green eyes that he had lost himself in lying on a few inches from him, covered only by the linen on the bed. He leant in to kiss her and as he did so she opened her mouth and let out a bark, not once but two, three times, and then started licking his cheek like a puppy.

He started grumbling and finally let out a long, annoyed sigh as he opened his eyes to find Grubb sitting on him, wagging his tail happily and licking his cheeks like mad. “Can’t get a good nights sleep in this house.” He began to mutter as he closed his eyes again and Grubb began barking, at which point a kid that looked no older than thirteen or fourteen came dashing in, wearing a simple t-shirt with some jeans, his hair a big shaggy blond mess coming down to frame his face with a grin on it. “Big brother get up! You’re late!” He screamed, thumping his hand down on his brother’s chest, causing him to sit up with a groan of pain, and forcing Grubb to jump off, landing skilfully on the floor. “I’m up, I’m up. What time is it anyway?” He rubbed his one good eye, before looking around the room and realising how dark it was in comparison to the rest of this house. “It’s almost quarter past five you idiot!” Alex screamed at him, flicking on the lights and blinding Jaysóne completely. “Get out you twerp.” He said in a brotherly tone as he rolled out of bed with only a pair of boxers on, then spinning Alex around and shoving him out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Ten minutes later the door reopened, Jaysóne standing there with a simple white shirt, and some baggy blue jeans, a pair of black shoes sitting neatly on his feet. After putting out some food for Grubb he walked out of the house, yelling back as he went “Don’t do anything stupid whilst I’m gone!” He started off walking but soon went into a jog, trying to get past the houses in a good time so as not to be that late. As he arrived at the large main pillar that housed the elevators he slowed down, going back to a walk, when he got close he got enough he noticed first a woman flirting with the guard until he let her in, then a man throwing himself past the guard into the elevator, which caused a chuckle to come out of his mouth. As he walked up to the elevator the guard was clearly cursing aloud, but when he noticed Jaysóne he stepped forward, stopping in front him “Sorry sir, but you’ll have to wait to use this elevator.” He said in a hard tone, clearly expecting him to attempt the same thing as the last man. “You don’t understand, I’m a seeker, and I’m late, so if you’ll excuse me.” Jay replied in a calm tone as he shot a defiant stare at the guard. "Sir, you must wait. I’m sorry but it’s protocol.” Beginning to grumble a new thought shot into Jaysone’s head. “Okay, how about this, you let me on and I won’t tell anyone about your incompetence.” Sure it was a pretty empty threat, it wasn’t his fault, but if had happened before then he could get in a lot of trouble.

The guard seemed taken aback by this new threat, and as he went to speak he began to fumble. “Sir, you’ll have to wait.” He tried to look big and strong, as if he didn’t care, but it was pretty clear to see he did. “Okay, when I get down there I’ll be sure to tell the higher ups about how useless you are.” He replied with a victorious smirk as he turned to go and sit against one of the walls. “N-no wait sir, I-I’m sorry, please don’t tell anyone, I’ve already been in enough trouble this week, I have a family to support. Here, you can go.” The guard stumbled about as he stood out of the way and let him pass. “Thank you, I’ve got family too.” Jaysóne mumbled to the guard as he passed and got in the elevator, the victorious smirk still sitting pleasantly on his lips as the doors closed and the elevator began it’s descent.
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 am

The message on the terminal screen flashed a final time and then faded to black, leaving behind a small white line with a dot in the middle like when you turn off your T.V., before going completely dark. Alice was excited. More so than she had been in years since the passing of her father. Oh sure she was happy with her job, doing repairs and designing new technology for people who where already seekers. But now she was finally going to be a seeker as well. See Dad, I'm making it. One step at a time, she called out in her thoughts. The mechanic lifted her fingers from the terminal pad and slid her right hand back into her glove, balling her hand into a fist to get a feel for the fabric. Alright, Time to go.

Alice turned away from the terminal and crossed through the garden replica of Old Earth. As always it was breathtakingly beautiful. The lush green of the grass, the allure of the trees, and bubbling spring that called out in suppressed giggles in the center. Alice remembered younger days when she would play with her father in the biopark, laughing and giggling. The images seemed to play before her eyes as she remembered them. Alice saw a little girl in her image being spun around by a man almost twice her size, a large grin on his face as he made flying noises. Then as he set the girl down laughing, she ran toward Alice and passed through her. Alice had to reach up and wipe a tear from her eyes. When she had lowered her hand the image was gone, lost to her memories.

She smiled slightly and pushed past the garden to the elevator. As usual there was a guard warding the elevator from unauthorized entrance, yet he seemed a bit grumpy today as he argued with a man who seemed dressed for a special occasion. "This is unbelievable! You just-" The man began to rant but was interrupted by the guard. "Look it's protocol. I can't let you on so please step aside." Left with no other choices the man did just that. Five minutes passed and he was left annoyed. Alice just shrugged and approached the guard. The mechanic reached into her pocket and showed her clearance card. The guard nodded and opened the elevator. As the doors shut the man outside dived in, sliding on his stomach into the elevator. Alice stared down at the man disbelief written plainly on her face.

The man stood up and brushed his suit off; extending his hand towards her, "Hi. I'm James Fox, thanks for sharing your ride." "Alice, Alice Hafer," Alice replied in mildly stunned voice, unconsciously shaking his hand. Wait, James Fox. I've heard that name somewhere. James Fox, James Fox, come on.... Alice racked her memories and suddenly a light shown in her eyes. "I got it!" she exclaimed excitedly, the man looking at a little taken back by her sudden enthusiasm. "Your James Fox, the founder of the seeker group Salvation right!?" Alice giggled, not noticing she still shook the man's hand vigorously. "This is great! I'm Alice, the best Solarist in the whole Colonnade, at your service," she said, a huge grin on her face matching the shine of her emerald eyes.
Last edited by Vain on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somatrasiel on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Phoenix stared at the clock. It was 5:20 in the morning. Where was the rest of her team? Well, she did get on the elevators before she was supposed to, but...

"Bucket." The name made Phoenix whirl around and come face to face with Calyx. Visibly stiffening, Phoenix stiffly asked, "What are you doing here, Beglari?"Phoenix watched the brunette sit down in front of her, leaning back and crossing her arms. Phoenix didn't bother changing face. She had known Calyx since she had entered a prominent medical school in the second level. She had watched the young, seemingly benign woman cruelly throw down each and every person who stood against her. Calyx shrugged and grinned, "I'm here to register my group. What about you Bucket? I guess you didn't have what it takes to make your own?" Phoenix held her temper in check and coolly swept her gaze over the other woman. Calyx was wearing regular jeans and her patent, synthetic-leather jacket. Her shoulder length hair was down and she wore an easy, amiable smile on her face. Calyx suddenly leaned in close, hands flat on the table, "Who're you going to spread your legs for now?" Phoenix didn't answer and did nothing except keep her eyes level and mouth stiff in a drawn line. "I know you didn't get into the Medical School because you have aptitude." She continued, keeping her voice low, "So tell me Bucket, how did you get into," Calyx flicked her eyes on the screen, which clearly displayed "Salvation." "That group? I bet-" Before she could continue, Phoenix interrupted, "At least I have brains. I don't believe you need those to get into Assault." Calyx's face contorted in rage, but remembering where they were, she quickly reigned herself in. "Better to have brawn than some brains and pussy, not that you use anything other than the latter."

Don't hit her.

Calyx grinned again and leaned back, "Well, where is your team?" "They are supposed to be on their way. Yours? Did yours join willingly or did you blackmail them into it? Few people would want to join a group doomed to failure." Calyx's grin faltered and it was obvious she didn't like losing the advantage. "My team, will beat yours any day. Actually, I doubt my team would have to do any work if your whole group...dies on Old Earth." Phoenix narrowed her eyes, alarmed. "If you do anything-" "I don't have to do anything other than wait for your team to fuck up." Letting a grin of her own come, Phoenix answered haughtily, "My group won't. You'd better just watch out for your teammates." Calyx studied Phoenix, not liking at all how her smile made Calyx feel smaller. Although they were the same height, Calyx suddenly felt much more insignificant. Bucket's hair was spiked and her storm-blue eyes were complimented by her blue eye-shadow.

"You had better watch out, Bucket." Calyx suddenly hissed, eyes narrowing. "Even though no one else knows what a two-faced bitch you are, I know you and you are never going to be anything other than a cheap prostitute." Phoenix didn't react, instead her smile got larger and she cast her eyes down, pouting lightly, "I'm sorry Ms. Beglari. I'll remember this next time I see your father." "You fuc-" Calyx forcibly kept herself in her seat. "My father would never do anything like that, much less with someone like you." Phoenix shrugged, "Why don't you go register your group Beglari? I'm sure you need ample time to prepare before your first mission." She smiled coldly, "Probably your last." Calyx stood up and leered viciously at the pale-haired girl, "We'll see Shields. We'll see." And turned to walk to the receptionist.

A quick look around her assured Phoenix that no one had really paid any attention to their little spat. Although it had been in heated whispers, she still didn't want anything to go around without her approval first. However, Phoenix's triumph over Beglari left her satisfied and feeling victorious. Her team would be the best. She would make sure of it.

Somatrasiel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ninjasaur on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:09 pm

He shakes her hand and gets lost in what she throws up all over him. Once it registers he feels slightly embarrassed because she was part of his team. At least she's enthusiastic. James takes a moment to regain the feeling he lost in an abused arm and fakes a smile saying, "Pleasure to meet you." A period of uncomfortable silence passes before the elevator doors open. He waits for her and then steps out after into a long hallway. On either side doors line the walls and as they pass each one he subconsciously hopes for the next to be the HQ. Thinking it might be a while before they get there he starts to talk, "We're all-" but stops short after realizing the door was directly to his right. "Sorry." James apologizes and opens the door for her.

Walking in, again after her, he immediately takes a seat. Being a 'veteran' and founder of the group he's already registered so he relaxes. Stretching out he extends his arms and leans back in the chair and takes in his surroundings. He then brings his arm to his face and pulls back a sleeve revealing a watch on the inside of his wrist. It reads 5:32. Two minutes late.

Ninjasaur
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somatrasiel on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:33 am

Phoenix watched the doors of the Seeker Registry HQ slide open. A tall, handsome man and a young woman walked in. Immediately, Phoenix recognized them as Alice Hafer and James Fox from the Registry Applications she had filled out. Although she hadn't seen their pictures,their descriptions were enough. She took a moment to watch them. He was rugged and quite attractive. Strong, but not overly built, he looked perfect for his part as an Assault. Salvation was registered under Fox's name, so that makes him the 'leader.' Does he have what it takes? Phoenix thought, looking him over from the corner of her eyes. Black suit, shoes and white shirt.

Organized and Efficient...

Fox immediately sat down, looking at his wrist watch. On time, orderly. Most likely expects everyone to be as such, she continued to think. Phoenix then moved her attention to young Alice Hafer. Noted prodigy as a Solarist. How did we manage to get her? I'm sure several other Seeker Teams would have paid good money to draft her... Alice was short, the same height, noted Phoenix, and had short brown hair and emerald eyes. She looked eager and pleased to have walked in with Fox. Hafer looked lean for her height from working on machines. She must be 21-24 year of age, thought Pheonix, almost the same as I. However, the young girl had nothing of Phoenix's coldness.

Another glance showed Phoenix that Calyx Beglari had left the Registry HQ. She inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't need Beglari moving onto either of her teammates. Although Phoenix may have dealt with some men regarding...less than moral matters, it was a well known fact that Beglari favored both males and females. Phoenix stood and walked over to Fox. Instantly her face warmed a bit, and there was a slight upwards tilt to her mouth. She relaxed her pose, appearing strict, but not unapproachable.

"Mr. Fox."She acknowledged the handsome, green-eyed man, "My name is Phoenix Shields and I am the Medic of Salvation." Turning to Alice, she completely relaxed, smiling warmly, eyes twinkling. "Hi Alice, I'm Phoenix. It's wonderful to know that someone as capable as you is with us. It gives me alot of confidence." Phoenix offered her hand to both Fox and Alice, bowing her head slightly,

"It will be a pleasure to work with you."

Somatrasiel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:54 am

As the elevator doors opened Jaysóne let out a long yawn, stretching as he closed his eyes and got off, slamming into someone and almost toppling himself and them over. Opening his eyes he quickly scanned the hallway to see a brunette woman glaring at him, as if she expected him to apologise when she could clearly see him as well. “It’s as much your fault as it is mine.” He said with a smirk, he was about to begin his age old ritual or hitting on women before he realised that he was already late and started walking again, cutting her off just as she opened her mouth about to make some sort of comment. After a long length of time mainly involving walking round and opening doors he finally found the Registry HQ.

He walked in seemingly tired and bored, a slight slouch to his posture as he went up to where a lady was sitting, clearly there to mark people. “Jaysóne Baleon. Here to be marked, cutie.” He said with a small smile, not even realising he’d called her cutie; it had seemingly become second nature to him. “Hand.” She replied in a neutral tone, whether she was happy about the comment or angry she hid it well as she took his hand and placed the ring finger on the pad. The pain started off mildly but soon shot through his hand as the woman pressed a button and a zapping sound could be heard, although he didn’t seem to be in pain, the only thing hinting slightly at it being the way his lips twitched at the start, as if surprised. “Thanks.” He mumbled as he took his hand off, rubbing his finger before going to sit off on his own and leaning his head back with his eyes closed; clearly annoyed at his lack of sleep.

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:54 am

(double post ftw XD)

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:53 pm

"Likewise," Alice said cheerfully. "So, it looks like the team's all here." Alice gestured to the man who had just finished registering. It irked her a bit that he seemed so nonchalant about being late. She hoped he wouldn't be so careless when it came time for their first mission. Well, I should go register. Looks like I'm the only one left, the young mechanic commented and broke away from the group. Alice approached the counter and greeted the woman at the counter.

"Hi, I'm Alice Hafer. I'm here to register with the seeker group Salvation. You'll find me in the database under serial number 657837," she told her as she took off her right hand glove and placed in on the counter. Oh my, You must be Johnathan's daughter. Hold still this will only hurt a bit," the woman told her as she placed Alice's hand on the registration pad. Alice scarcely heard her. It shouldn't have shocked her that someone at the HQ knew her father, or even that they knew he had a daughter. But she still felt the sting in her heart. One moment she was bright and cheery and the next Alice felt like she wanted to cry. She didn't even feel the sting of the injection and the woman's cheery "Done," brought her out of her stupor. I'm sure you'll make your father proud hun," the woman commented. Y-yea, thanks," Alice replied halfheartedly.

Alice turned away from the counter, keeping her eyes on the ground to avoid anyone making eye contact with her. She didn't want them to see that she was struggling to keep herself under control. Alice crossed the room and sat in the chair adjacent to James, her back facing him and Phoenix. She retrieved the silver pocket watch from her right pocket and clicked it open, not really checking the time, but wanting to see it anyways. I'm sorry father, I know I should be stronger. But its still hard without you.
Last edited by Vain on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ninjasaur on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 pm

"Pleasure." He says to Phoenix letting a smile peak through.

He watches as Jaysóne registers, then Alice, paying minimal attention to either until they sit down. With a moments hesitation James stands up and fiddles with his shirt slightly before standing up to speak, "As we've almost been all introduced already I'm going to make this as brief as possible. I'm James Fox, founder of Salvation and I want to thank each one of you for accepting my invitation. You've been recruited personally by me because, to simply put it, you're the best at what you do. Why do I need the best? Aside from being a government volunteer I've been privately contracted by a man named Mr. Green. He is a very important man both in the Keep and to the Seeker community. Keeping him satisfied means a fat paycheck for us and the proper funding to continue the important research we Seeker's do. Our primary mission as Seeker's is to document new information we find on Old Earth. On a side note Mr. Green is having us retrieve relics from 'Class A' hazardous environments. Those of you who aren't familiar with this reference let me make this very clear: it's nothing to take lightly. They hired me because I'm great at what I do. What is that you might ask? Keeping you all alive. If any of you have objections please feel free to leave. I'll take any questions now."

James takes a silent breath of recovery and then looks around the room for any concerns.

Ninjasaur
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somatrasiel on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Phoenix took a look at the last member of the team. Jaysóne Baleon sat nonchalantly in his seat, gazing at Fox with veiled interest. Phoenix turned away and listened to Fox giving his speech.

As he said, "I'll take any questions now," Phoenix asked, "I thought only intelligence was to be contacted should we have any employers." As part of Salvation, it was to be Baleon's job to access the Seeker Registry and look at their job queues. If Mr. Green should contact them again, it would have to be through Baleon, as he was the representative of the team and its interests. Phoenix also idly wondered what their first job would be, and if they had already been contracted to do a specific job, so she asked,

"Have we been signed up for a job already?
" Keeping her face relaxed and lips set in a thin line. Her back was straight and legs crossed. In her rigid posture, she looked like a strict teacher as she waiting for his response.

Somatrasiel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 pm

(Umm, dead already? Post Ninjasaur so we can move on.)

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ninjasaur on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:24 am

He addresses the last question to the entire group, "Yes, we've already been signed for a job, and in the future Jaysóne will be contacted by our employer." Now directing his attention directly at Phoenix he gives her a playful wink before saying, "Because the job was assigned to an unregistered team I was the only option."

He slides the comfort of the chair from under him and stands up. Walking over to a large screen on the wall he slides his hand across it. As he does so an Old Earth map of New York City comes into view. The map is divided into districts by color and letters. With his thumb and index finger James slides them apart, enlarging an orange colored portion of the map labeled C-32. Several pictures of this area previously taken by other Seeker groups overlap their corresponding section. They're photographs of a fallen bridge, destroyed buildings, and a long tunnel. James slides all but one picture over and points to a spot on the map. "Because this is damaged no easy way for any Magnadrivers to access this tunnel and finish drilling without wasting a huge portion of time traveling around, we're jobbed with making repairs. No hostilities have been reported in the area, nor have any casualties so this is an easy way for us to get better acquainted and make a credit or two while doing so. We're getting suited at 4:30 am tomorrow morning please make all necessary preparations tonight, get some good rest and don't be late."

He closes the screen and walks around the table handing debriefing chips to each member before heading towards the door.

"Oh, and tomorrow morning at 3:45 I'll be having a hearty breakfast at Crazy Egg's if any of you want to join me." he says turning back to the table, "My treat."

Ninjasaur
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:24 pm

"Repairs, huh?" Alice looked up at James with a twinkle in her eyes. "That's where I come in. I'll have'm fixed up in a jiffy," she said happily. "As for our own vehicles, I've already got that covered. Just come to my hanger shop on the second tier. My babies'll get the job done." Alice groaned when she heard the time for suit up, but her spirits drastically increased at the mention of being treated to breakfast by the team leader. She may not have been hard off for money, but she wasn't one to pass on a free meal. Especially when the guy treating didn't look half-bad. "I'll take up your offer on breakfast," Alice said with a wink. "But you better not skip on the pancakes," she added with a giggle.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!