Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dragon's Lair

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Dragon's Lair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Leon moved to engage some of the dark guards.
"It seems like they're being led by the Dark Knight in front of you!"
As Drake approached the DarkKnight, it unsheathed a large broadsword and locked blades with Drake. Leon was able to take care of the Dark Guards with ease, reducing them to inanimate piles of armour with a few swipes of his sword he imbued with light magic. Quickly Leon noticed Drake engaged with the Dark Knight, and decided to pierce it from behind. Leon's golden sword slashed right through the Knight like a hot knife through butter. The leonian watched in triumph as the Dark knight screamed in pain and collapsed into a pile of armour. Leon sheathed his sword. "Well, that wasn't too hard. Oh, and don't even try to kill me. Lest you want to be lost in this God-Forsaken caslte forever." Leon smirked 

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 am

Alan laughed "i use more then fire" with that Alan pointed his hand toward a vine that was near smothering the fire and a bullet of shadow shot out of his hand ripping the vine to pieces " I'm a warlock and a tip for all who meet me is to not make me angry or... my inner demons may be released.... literally" Alan laughed and and looked around "so were to now?"
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Drake was pushing against the Dark Knight and saw an opening. He was about to take it when the Leonian had got in his attack from behind. With a scream, Drake saw the knight collapse into a useless pile of armor. Snorting a little bit in slight irritation, he nodded over at Leon.

"Thanks for the assist. I probably could have handled him anyway, though." He WAS grateful for the assistance, though, and it showed in his eyes. Coming here alone wasn't exactly the best option he could have gone with, but he never had any sort of a travel partner when he sat out on the journey for the belt. While he tended to prefer his solitude anyway, the dragon knew that going solo would be extremely difficult if not outright impossible.

He may have been distrustful at first, but that was only until Drake could determine whether or not they could be trusted, or in circumstances where he couldn't afford not to. This was one of those circumstances. Leon certainly didn't SEEM to have any malicious intent...but that remained to be seen. For the time being however, Drake decided to simply roll with it. It wasn't as if this was the first time this happened.

"My name is Drake. ...I usually work alone, but I think I'll let you tag along for now. I have a good feeling we're gonna need each other." In situations such as this, that usually turned out to be the case anyway. He turned his attention to back down the hall. Figuring Leon was here earlier than him and had a general idea of the castle grounds, he decided to see what sort of information he had. "So, any idea where to go next?"

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Niko looked at Alan and shrugged. "I don't know...."
"If we travel down along this sewer soon we should find a door that will take us to the caves under the castle. Once we make it through there we'll finally be inside the actual castle itself."
"Quite alot of work to just get INTO the castle..."
"Why are you here to get the gems alan?" Asked Yumetaro "Are you gonna help us save the kingdom?"
"Im just happy we have some help." Said Niko."Still you two he prepared for the worst..."

"Where we go next is up to you." Said Leo "This castle was made specifically to house the 12 Gems and the belt. So there are 13 dungeons in this castle. I don't know exactly where they all are, but I think one can be accessed from the Great Hall." He looked at Drake "Why are you here anyway?"

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Alan laughed " i have no want for power if that is what you think i was sent here by the high warlock to kill the people who have stolen the gems although the elder said to ask a gem finder if the stolen warlock gem is with the gems to return it" as Alan spoke he sent a fireball into the fire creating a path "and i think we will go this way" Alan said pointing the corridor he had made and began to walk.
After a couple of meters Liam walked up beside Alan "do you trust them" the young dragon asked and Alan replied "i don't know if i do or not but i believe that they would have more to fear from us then we do from them" Alan kept walking as he spoke telepathically to Liam

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Drake nodded at Leo's suggestion. "Right, to the Great Hall then."

With that, he began his search for a staircase to head to the main hall of the castle. It wasn't much, but it was at least a good a place to start looking. At the Leonian's question, Drake sighed. "My home...my empire, all its inhabitants, including my family were nearly destroyed by a demon. All my people were turned to stone, and the empire itself was sealed anyway. I'm searching for the gems so I can restore it, save everybody, and turn them back to normal. ...You?"

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:15 pm

Niko looked through the corridor that Alan had made and followed him with Yumetaro in tow. 
"Well that was prett cool and handy." Complemented the cat.
"A good place to begin looking for the gems would be the great hall." Chimed Yumetaro"The gems are hidden in magic dungeons, and we can find our way to two of them from the Great Hall."
"Oh yeah, I remember you talking about that." Said Niko."But before we get into the Great Hall we have to actually get INTO the caslte." 
"Oh yeah huh..."replied Yumetaro with a slight chuckle. "We're still below and have to make our way through the caverns."

"So you're here to save your lost empire huh?"Leon chuckled "You're the first person i've heard of that came by themselves for an unselfish reason. As for who I'm here, I heard the kingdom that the gems were stolen from had a corrupt king, which led the Mage to steal the gems. So now i'm here to discover the truth. And seeing as you don't want to just grab the gems and juice up, I suppose I'll help you out....for now."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 pm

"Well...that's not to say that I won't do that." Drake said, as he continued to walk down the hall with his partner, keeping himself on guard. His eyes shot over to the young man, arching his eyeridge. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want to...'juice up'...and you say simply for personal gain and power. I wish to utilize the gems to save my empire and restore her inhabitants back to flesh and blood, but I don't know HOW to do so. If "juicing up" will save my people, then you better bet your can I'll do just that.

But...I also want to search for information and knowledge about them to utilize them to their best abilities, or heck, even use them at all. Otherwise, even if I DO get the gems and belt...if there's no way I can use them, I might has well not have even wasted my time."
Last edited by Drake Nightwing on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Leon laughed "If you gotta juice up to save your empire fine. I meant that it doesn't seem like you'll harness the gens powers for your own selfish gain. And who's not to say that the gems can't restore your home? If they can keep a kingdom ib order surely they can help yours. And if all else fails you cab use their power to kill that demon." Leon scanned the area, surprised that there were no guards or monsters.
"Keep an eye out...they're either gonna ambush us or were walking straight into a deadly trap..."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Alan nearly walked strait into the huge wooden door it was so big it just looked like more wall "ok well i hope this goes up" as Alan spoke Liam went to the door and nudged it and the rattle of a wooden block stopping it from opening "well i think we need some shadow magic to open this but i am not strong enough you should be able to do it Alan" Liam looked at the Liam as he "spoke", Alan looked at the door the crack between them was paper thin "this could be hard" he thought out loud but as he spoke he started forming a thin knife of shadow and wedged it between the doors and made its way up.
"its no good it must be huge and very heavy i cant budge it" Alan said as he sat annoyed at the weak point he had found with himself "then we need to break it down" Liam chimed into everyones heads

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:07 am

Niko looked at the massive door. "I don't think that I would be able to get that door to budge either, and my magic is too weak to faze it."
Yumetaro sighed. "You all give up way to easily! Allow me to take care of this door." The young sprite approached the massive door and then began to focus all of his energy on it. "C'mon little pals...you can do it..." Within moments some thick plant vines began to shove their way through the door's small cracks. With a little force, they widened the cracks, allowing even more vines the opportunity to squeeze through the door's now widened cracks. Then more vines began to force their way through the door, and soon the giant wooden door had dozens of huge holes in it. Still focusing his energy, Yumetaro clapped his hands together and the vines proceeded to crush the door. They weren't able to crush the entire door, but at least the vines had made a wide enough hole in the door so Niko and company could proceed. Once the hole was made, Yumetaro relaxed himself and the vines began to sink back into the ground behind the door. He turned to Niko and Alan.
"How was that?" The sprite said in a cheery tone "Nothing can stop the power of Nature!"

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Drake grunted a little as they continued on their quest.

"Well, you see, that's just the thing," he told Leon, "I already killed the demon responsible for casting the curse, and the curse didn't lift. That's why I'm searching for the gems." He shook his head, also scanning around and was surprised he too did not see anything, nodding at the Leonian's warning.

As he walked past a large door frame with him into a large room, he jumped forward upon hearing the two large door slam shut behind them. A heavy CLONK indicated that it was locked, right before the lights suddenly went out. Drake immediately responded by casting a quick fire spell along the edge of his sword, briefly turning it into a literal flame sword...

...and found the both of them utterly surrounded by Dark Guards.

"...either they're gonna ambush us or we're walking right into a trap." Drake echoed. "What were the chances of both happening?"

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Alan walked up the stairs and noticed it was getting darker and darker and when he finally got to the top it was pitch black except for a small flame on the other side of the room, Alan lifted his hand and drew shadows back and was surprised when he was standing to the backs of many many dark knights so he sent telepathic warning for the others "don't get to close this could be a big fight" and then he noticed that a golden dragon was holding the sword in flame and a weird cat creature was beside him "new plan" he 'spoke' "attack dark knights and try and help the others" then he stood and got out his sword held it high and showed flame to the dragon so he would know he had help and then attacked...

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 am

ooc: HELLO reviving topic come on i liked this one dont die topic

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:03 pm

((Here I'll save it))
"No way are we gonna stay back Alan!" Said Niko as he picked up a near by fallen sword. "We're teammates! C'mon Yume, off to battle!!"

"Hey look, I think we got some help Drake!" Said Leon as he noticed the lighted blace. The leonian immediatley drew his own blade and sent light magic channeling through it, and proceeded to cut down the nearest Black Guard to him. "We've got them partially flanked! Let's cut through these guys and get to that magic-user over there! Then we can team up and use our powers to defeat them!!"

Meanwhile on Alan and Niko's front, Alan's surprise attack took out a couple of the guards. Niko's sword just happened to be imbued with energy, so he was able to use his sword to shoot slashes of energy and such attacks against the guards. Yumetaro was able to use some of the plant vines hanging out of his old smock to attack the guards, making them grow sword-sharp thorns and squeeze and whip the guards.
"We almost got them!!"
"What we need is some other kind of adventurer to show up! Hehe, that would really help!" Shouted Leon, knowing well that the probablilty of that was low.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Drake said nothing, but merely nodded. Also spotting the flame to note they had some assistance, Drake swung his flaming sword....both to attack the surrounding guards and as acknowledgment of the signal.

A wide swing took out a few guards directly in front--and a tail swipe to his left side knocked one into a few of his buddies and off of their feet. Ducking his head down, he charged forward to barge through the rest of them. One of the Dark Guards tried to cut Leon down from behind but was knocked down by a random flailing whip--that Drake presumed came from the other dragon in the general vicinity. Once on the other side of the large group of guards, though, Drake immediately turned around in another wide arching slash, refocusing on his offense against the enemy.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:38 am

As Alan swung his sword he rapped shadow around it and watched in horror as it bounced off the knights armor, Alan used the force of the blow to spin and this time coated the sword in fire watching as it sliced though the armor as if it was made of butter.
Liam walked up to a knight who had his back turned and formed his claw a extension of ice and cut thought the knights back, As the knight dropped Liam watched in horror as half a dozen knights turn to face him "help" he shrieked into Alan's head.
Alan ducked as a sword hissed over his head and then he heard the shriek of Liam cry for help, Alan jumped up and sliced the knight attacking him into ribbons, Alan felt the flames cover him as he ran towards Liam knights turning to ashes around him until he pulled in beside Liam and cut some of the knight that had attacked Liam to ribbons.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:44 am

"I think we almost got them all!" Declared Niko as he downed another Dark Guard. The cat's declaration was true: there were only a handful of Dark Guard left, and soon they were easily finished off through the combined efforts of Leon, Yumetaro, and Niko.
"Wheew!" Exhaled Leon as he sheathed his sword and put himself at ease, "That was quite the work out, eh Drake?" He then turned to Alan, Liam and Niko. "Thanks alot for the save. I thought we might've been done for there!"
"No problem."Said Niko,"You guys probaly would've done the same for us."
"Right well...I'd say we should get out of here right quick before Twin Blade shows up."
"Who's Twin Blade?"Asked Yumetaro.
"Ol' Twin Blade's a dangerous foe, a master of using both light and dark magic in combat. He's good at offense, defense, and he wields two blades (hence the name)."
"Can't he just follow us through the castle?"
"Yeah, but he'll find us sooner if we stay put." The Leonian took a look at Niko and his friends again. "Who are you guys and what are you doing here anyway?"

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 pm

As the last of the Dark Guards was dispatched, the darkness lifted like a veil. The candles and torches along the wall slowly lit one by one down the hall, revealing the splendor of the hall, intricate trimmings lining the floor and ceiling with various dusty portraits and the occasional statue.

As the light returned and it got better to see, Drake dispelled the flames on his sword and whirled it around once or twice to sheathe the blade on his back. His eyeridge arched a little as he heard his partner speak about Twin Blade.

"Twin Blade, eh? He sounds like a fun guy." His tone carried just a tiny bit of a sardonic tone, not looking forward to possibly facing him, but having a gut feeling they were going to do so eventually, regardless if he was a Guardian of Gem or not. Turning towards Niko, Yumetaro, Alan, and Liam, the dragon nodded...

"My name is Drake...this is my partner Leon. I assume you're here to search for the Gems and Belt of Salista as well?"

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:17 pm

((if i am still able to enter this roleplay i would like to))

Name: Sythyn
Apperance:
Height: 6 foot 10
Build: Thin
Head: His head has a black hood hanging over it covering his forhead. He has dark black hair which spikes up upon removal of his hood and he has dark black eyes.
Torso: He wears light armour to protect him from blows that is dark black leather combined with his cloak looks like one piece of clothing. Around his neck is a strap which holds his black cape. It has many strands at the end the blows around his body.
Legs: A black leather leg guard with steel caps on the knees.
Feet: Black leather boots with steel caps covering the top and front of the boot.
Hand: A black glove on each hand with the fingers cut off so his fingers show.
Hand usage: Left hand
Abilities:
Range - Scorfon is trained by elven experts in the way of rnage attacks his pride and joy is his bow and arrows/
Swordmanship - Not expertly trained but knows the basics in the use of a sword.
speed - With all of the light armour and elven agileness scorfon is very fast considered faster than a normal human by about 2 times the speed.
Agility - With the light armour and the aspects of a elf, scorfon is very agile capable of dodging many slow attacks, and a good chance of of dodging medium paced attacks. The only downfall is he doesn't have the agileness to perfectly dodge fast paced attacks all the time but does quite often sometimes with injury.
stamina - Scorfon can fight for long periods without being tired, the only downfall is strong blows which he isn't capable of dodging and taking very well.
Weapons:
Bow - His elven bow is very strong and can fire arrows at a very fast pace. It is a silver blue colour and is made out of the finest wood from the elven lands. The string is strong enough to take a slash from a sword as it is made from the strongest animal hair and vines.
Arrows - His arrows are made from strong trees found in the forest near his homeland, it is very rare for these arrows to be used but due to his fighting spirit he gets the use of these arrows with a good supply. The tips on them are made out of the best steel in the land and is coated black to give cover in dark. He can hold up to 100 of these arrows in his holder at any one time so no problem of running out in a long fight.
Sword - For close combat situations scorfon relys on his sword that is wide and long with a black hilt.
Extra info:
Sorfon keeps his sword on a horizontal sheath held by a strap over his back this is to give a easy access route if he is charged by an opponent.
Above this sheath his is bow and arrow holder. It is made of black leather once again and is hidden behind the elf's back.
Monster or creature:
A young pet dragon only around 2 year's old but is already able to fly and help slightly in combat. Despite him being 2 year's old he is already 4 foot tall and can carry 5 times his own body weight, which i may add is 108 pounds. I would like to add his name is 'Nyth'

My entrance to the role-play:

As the darkness around him appeared to disperse Sythyn arose from his sleep and looked around, after a while he noticed a group of various races and animals in the centre of the room talking intently between them all. Sythyn attempted to wake Nyth up but to no avail so he decided to make his acquaintance with the people alone. He jumped down from the rafters above the hall and landed roughly with 7 foot between him and the people.

"May i help you?" He asked "You seem to have disrupted my slumber"

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!