Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Eighth Virtue [Interest Check]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Eighth Virtue [Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 am

So, before I spend a couple of days working on the OOC to get everything planned out just to find that nobody wants to join, I thought I'd put up an interest check for my latest idea, hoping that it shifts the writer's block that I can slowly feel starting to devour me. My idea is based on:

• The Seven Deadly Sins
  • The Seven Heavenly Virtues

Yes, I know what you're thinking, that idea has been done to death, and I agree, but here is where I'm hoping to make things a little different, and not just your average roleplay. This is going to be a fantasy roleplay. Before I put this up I wanted to also have the interested players input ideas as well. I still haven't decided on magic at the moment, but that could be something that I put in, depending on who the interested players are. This idea I'm planning is going to be one that's for literate roleplayers that can write more than a sentence and have decent spelling and grammar. Anyway, I guess to the idea ^^.

While our world was been made by our God, a parallel place was also being made. The God of Evil was creating his perfect world and in this world he put seven higher beings - each one representing a deadly sin. This didn't go all that well though, and in the end, his partner, the God of Good stepped in and created seven more higher beings, this time one for each of the seven heavenly virtues. The God of Evil made all of the Sin's male apart from Lust, who was female, and the God of Good made all of her Virtues female. Each Sin and Virtue paired to live together. The Virtues were the ones to keep the Sins inline so they could live as one without chaos.

That wasn't the only thing they did though, they created an Eighth Sin and an Eighth Virtue - Corruption and Justice. They didn't place them in this world that they'd created though. They placed them on Earth hoping that they could balance things out if they ever needed to back in their world. They made Corruption and Justice twins, splitting them up at birth and putting them in places where they didn't think it was possible for them to meet. And just in case they needed to get back to their world, they created a portal hidden so that only they would find it when the time was right.

Things were peaceful for years until 25 years later when Corruption somehow stumbled upon the portal that linked him to the world he was created for. He passed through and from there on things went downhill as Corruption tried to take over the place for himself.

Now, it's time for Justice to enter and put things correct. Justice knows nothing of her destiny or that her brother is in another world creating havoc. Heck, she doesn't even know she has a twin brother. But now it's her turn to come home and try and level things out.

So, that's the basis of the idea. Of course there is a lot more than just that but for the purpose of this interest check that's all I'm putting. I just want to know what interest is out there. For this roleplay I'm looking for:

• 6 to 10 roleplayers
  • Good quality posts
  • No Godmodders
  • Active players

So, all I want here for now is people stating there interest and any ideas/input they may have. Hopefully then over the next few days I can decide then whether to pursue this idea or just leave it. Thanks for reading this far.

Crim ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: The Eighth Virtue [Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:01 am

First post! I told you I was interested before this was even up so... go make the OOC now! Also I still call dibs on chastity.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 am

Second!

Anyways, If done properly it could be cool. :)
And on the first day Man created God in his own image.

MoonMan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 am

Third!

This sounds really interesting, count me in! :)
Overconfidence: "There's only seven sharp sides to that thing! We're three! It can't possibly maim more than one of us before we manage to kill it!"

Raijn
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby katastrophy on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 am

Fourth! ME TOOO!!!

I really really like the plot.
"Green eyes, blue skies, natural disasters when she cries; Green eyes, there mine, it's only a matter time." - Cute is What We Aim For

katastrophy
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tasteslikemurder on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 am

I'd really love this! It seems like it be a really awesome roleplay. I'll think about it!

tasteslikemurder
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 am

Awesome, good amount of interest so far it seems. I'll start working on the OOC in the new RP tab and get that up as soon as possible. Though I'm still not sure on what I want with magic. I might spend the day researching and looking that up see if I can find something that I like that won't cause problems like power playing and godmodding. I'll sort that out at work though while I'm bored.

Anyone got any ideas or input though?

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ninjasaur on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am

Sixth? This seems like fun. :]
"Rock is okay but Scissors needs to be nerfed." - Paper

Ninjasaur
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Awesome so I have a fair amount of interest. 6 so far. There are still openings available and all that for anyone else interested and I'll start setting up the roleplay with the new roleplay system. :)

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-eighth-virtue-t37863.html

There is the automated topic that leads you to the OOC ^^ Like I said there I'll edit in the places tomorrow.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I just wanted to say that your avatar disturbs me Crimmy; otherwise this looks quite fun. Interesting twist on the Seven Sins and Virtues tale and you don't need all of them for this to work.

*Goes off to see the OOC*
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Lol that's what it's meant to do xD I now have it as my facebook photo to :P I <3 Kevin the blobfish and glad that you're interested :)

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!