Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Host(IC)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

What are you?

A Soul
50%
A Human
No votes
I don't know. Can you tell me?
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: The Host(IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Trace lifted his claymore onto his shoulder. "Good. We didn't kill her. She'll live." He walked over to his scabbard, but as he did so, he stumbled, cutting his shoulder a little. "Shit." He wiped off the blood and put the sword away. He then looked at his shoulder. "Aww man. That's gonna hurt later. It stings now, but I'll be cryin' later." He laughed. "Told ya' it was a heavy thing."
Over the hills and far away, he swears he will return one day.
Far from the mountains and the seas, back in her arms is where he'll be.

Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day.
As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms is where she'll be.

-Nightwish, Over the Hills and Far Away

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zarian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackenedheart on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Katelyn looked at Trace and nodded with approval. "Good job. Not sure what happened to Ryo. But anyway,.." she brushed it off. "My name's Katelyn. May I ask yours?" She reached into the garbage bag and pulled out a small first aid kit. "Oh and you might want to clean that now. Some parts of these caves are really easy to catch an infection in." She kneeled down on the floor next to Exa and checked her head, to see if any skin was broken.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackenedheart
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:31 pm

"Trace," he replied. "And I'll clean it a little later. I still need to sharpen this thing." He pulled out a large whetstone. "I always get small cuts doing this. I usually take care of them all at once. It saves me a lot of trouble." He took off the body of his scabbard, revealing the shimmering black blade. He placed the whetstone on the edge and began to work the edge, honing it to a sharpness that, combined with the sword's weight, could cut through other swords with relative ease. He began to sing while he worked. His voice took on a lower quality. "I'm not the one who's so far away, when I feel the snakebite enter my veins. Never did I wanna be here again, and I don't remember why I came..."

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackenedheart on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Katelyn sat and watched Jiro polish his sword and suddenly felt very small and insignificant. She looked at the thin sword on her hip and sighed."I should polish mine too...." But she was entranced by the song, listening to it as she absentmindedly pawed through the bag for one of the candy bars she had nicked. "He has a very nice voice..."

Blackenedheart
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Trace pulled back his hand quickly, putting a finger in his mouth for a second. He then went back to his singing, and the sharpening of his sword. He continued on in this fashion for about ten minutes, then took out a piece of cloth, and wiped the blood off the blade. "There we go," he said, putting the cloth in his pocket. His fingers looked as though somebody had taken a knife to them, trying to cut them as much as possible. "Alright. Now I'll take that first aid." He smiled at Katelyn.

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackenedheart on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Katelyn jumped as she came out of her trance. "Oh!" She blinked rapidly and reached for the first aid kit. "Sorry, phased out for a second. Never a good idea, not even here." She pulled out a bandage and a spray. "Oh..I was hoping i'd gotten some of their stuff. Nope, just our junk." She turned to Trace. "It's going to sting a bit, sorry." She took the spray and used it quickly on his shoulder, putting the bandage on as fast as she could, knowing the longer the wound was exposed to air after the spray was applied, the worse it would hurt. "Would you like me to do your fingers too?"

Blackenedheart
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Trace sat stark still. He didn't flinch when the spray was applied. He was used to the sting of healing things. He nodded when she asked if he wanted her to do his fingers. "Well, I can't very well do them one-handed, can I? Tried that before. Doesn't work very well." He stared at her the entire time.

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackenedheart on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

(gotta go to bed, sowwy. xD)

"I bet not." Katelyn laughed, averting her gaze from his. "Why...why does he keep staring at me??" She sprayed his fingers and wrapped a bandage around them. "Not sure how long that bandage will last. My guess is that you use your hands a lot, so the bandage will probably loosen and come off after a while. Sorry." She shrugged and started putting the first aid kit away, although her leg was smarting from a nasty fall she had when she'd nearly been caught when she was on her raid. "I have to save it for those who need it....Or at least the others..."

Blackenedheart
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:05 pm

"You look familiar. Have we met before? Somewhere, out there?" He moved his face to look at hers again. "I swear I've seen you before." He sighed. "I suppose not. Thank you for the bandages," he said, standing up. "You should probably get your knee taken care of too." He began to walk away, singing again. "On your feet! Who's with me!? Every time I see inside you, I see myself within you. Let's go! Huh! Yeah! This is for the soldiers...!"

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Ryo spotted Katelyn bangading up Trace's arm. They seemed to be getting along quite well and he left them alone to talk or whatever normal people did. He turned his own gaze back to Lynn sprawled on the floor, a small cut on her head where the claymore had hit her. It wass funny, in a demented sort of way, he had sworn he had heard her say his own name. He swore she was still with him somehow. He decided against that though, kneeling at her side as he took a rope from his bag. He always carried rope with him just in case. He pulled her limp arms behind her back, securing them there and then cut another peice to tie her ankles, setting her up against the cave wall and just watching her.

Lynn had been his best friend. It had only been a few days since she had been taken and the wound she had left was still raw with pain. He sighed as he watched her unconcious face. How strange it was to see those silver lines around her eyes. To think that she, caring, sweet Lynn, had been taken was too much. it seemed like everyone he ever cared for got taken away from him before he could know them enough to actually know them. 'Why you, Lynn? How come it had to be you of all these damn people in this cave?'

"The world could spin endlessly waiting for you to get yourself together. Each of us could drop before reaching each other. But at that and any point if you're willing to get up and dust yourself off- you will be reguaranteed your chance and our world will never stop spinning."-a friend

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:14 am

Exa stirred alttle. The first thing she noticed was the major pain in her head. After a few moments she was able to bare it and opened her eyes. She noticed Katelyn, she had remembered it from Lynn's memories of beeing here though they had never talked much, bandaging the other boy's wounds. She looked over and saw Ryo staring at her.
Great your stupid friend tied us up. Exa said to Lynn in their head.
He's not stupid and he was just taken precautions. They have to do that because they don't know I'm here. They think it's only you in this body. She said the last part sadly and sighed.
Exa tugged on the ropes that bound her hands together, to check how tight they were. She knew that she wouldn't be able to get out of them. They were so tight it hurt her wrists. It was the same for the ankle ones. It was times like this when she wished she had been put into a different body.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:23 am

"No use." Ryo said as he watched her stir and tug angrilly at the ropes binding her. "No way in hell you'll get out of those." He said, standing back up from where he had been crouched in front of her. Now that she was awake and he could better see the anger in her eyes, it was easier to remember who was actually in that body and who he knew couldn't be.

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Exa glared at Ryo. He was right, the ropes were way too tight for her to get out. So many thoughts ran through her mind, most about hurting these humans.
[i]Don't even think about it!" Lynn yelled inside their head.
Exa winced. Her yelling always gave her a headache, "Okay, okay..." She mumbled. She sighed and blew the hair out of her face.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackenedheart on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Katelyn watched Trace walk away, her face thoughtful. "Come to think of it..He does look a little familiar....." She shrugged and switched her gaze back to Ryo, and the girl's body. For a moment her more humane side took over and she looked at the girl strangely. "Maybe I ought to help her too..." She shook her head to clear the thought from her head. "NO! It's not what you think it is, you've already learned that..."

Blackenedheart
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Trace lifted his sword onto his other shoulder. He grunted a little under the weight, but he managed. Carrying the large piece of weaponry, he made his way outside. He began to climb the hill again, moving higher up than the cave entrance. Once he reached the top, he placed his claymore down and began to watch the sunset.

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Ryo tilted his head a little when she muttered to herself- 'okay'. He raised an eyebrow, moving a little closer like he didn't really hear or understand the language she was speaking. "Okay what?" He asked curiously. He couldn't help thee slight rage in his voice, the irritation at herr every fiber of her being. He hated it all. Hated that it was Lynns face that took the form of this beast. Hated that this beast had taken her. Hated that he had a gut feeling that he shouldn't put a bullet in her right now and kill her-it-whatever.

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:07 am

She sighed, "Nothing." Lynn decided to have alittle fun to annoy Exa. She screamed as loud as she could inside their head. Exa winced in pain.
SHUT UP! Exa said to her.
NO! This was the only way to get back at Exa and she was going to take it.
Exa rolled her eyes and groaned. She rested her head against the cave wall and closed her eyes, trying to get rid of the headache Lynn had just given her.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Ryo made a face. "Freak." he mumbled, rolling his eyes as exa's face twisted up. She really was strange. She made it seem like she was having an inner argument with herself, the way she muttered to herself and made faces. It made chills run up his spine and he shook his head. Then his eyes narrowed. He had a soul here with him, captured. And although he knew his rope and knots would not old for long, he needed some answers. Questions he'd been asking himself for days.

"Why did you take her?" he asked quietly after a moment of silence, the tension between them building. "Why did you take Lynn..."

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:21 pm

"All souls need a body." She said looking up at him, "She was the first I could find. And now I wish I would have waited and took another." Exa sighed, glad for once Lynn wasn't yelling. Maybe she was tired of yelling for now.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Ryo made a face, curiosity mixed with anger clear there as he watched her leaning against the wall. "Why do you say that?" He asked. It wasn't like Lynn was a bad host. He didn't really like the fact that she was gone but he didn't think it really mattered to Souls who they took. Surely they were all the same to souls. What differance did it make?

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!