Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On the hunt for Medieval Fantasy Roleplay Buddies!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

On the hunt for Medieval Fantasy Roleplay Buddies!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyShamrock on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Why hello there!

I am always looking for more roleplay buddies! These would be one on one role plays, either over private message, the forums, or the roleplay tab. I prefer one on ones because I believe they have the most potential for success. By "success" I mean a long-term roleplay.

I have been role playing for a long time so I want to role play with someone who has been role playing for a long time and considers him or herself advanced.

I like role players that are: creative (can come up with unique characters, plot twists, etc.) and that are not afraid to make the role play their own, even if the initial idea for the role play came from someone else. Basically, it is important that my roleplay buddy that can contribute his or her own ideas so I am not always stuck coming up with them. It's give and take at its finest. People who can do this rock.

I do not double. I prefer to create the world around the two main characters and focus on that rather than the extra main characters. Sub-characters are always fun, such as animals, siblings, or whatever your creative mind can come up with. I also would prefer if your character was humanoid.

I need a role play buddy that can write reasonably decent length posts that give me something to respond to, and by this I mean about two paragraphs or so. I know that no one is perfect and if there's an action-y part I understand that it is often hard to write a lot, but I do not want every post only being a few lines long because that is difficult to respond to.
(If you are ever struggling with long posts, my advice is to try and be as descriptive of your character's actions. Another thing that helps this is to give insight into your character's thoughts whether he or she may be considering something or looking back on the past of having a glimpse of what they want the future to be like or reviewing the past.)

i d0nt lyk ppl dat typ lik dis.its scurrryyyy!

In fact, it even drives me crazy when I roleplay with people who cannot spell or use decent grammar. I am understanding of typos, but if you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" or the difference between "their," "there," and "they're" then please don't message me. I like people who put a lot of thought into their posts so that when I read it I can focus on the story instead of dwelling on a misspelled word. If there is a word that you are not sure of the spelling, look it up (even easier than that, use Google Chrome because it underlines misspelled words for you as if you were writing in a Word Document!).

I try to hold myself to the standards that I have stated above, so if you ever feel that I am not holding up my end of the bargain, let me know and I can always step up my game. I'm only human. I will say here that I do try and put a lot of thought into my posts. I always re-read them before I post to check for grammar and stuff, but what I usually end up adding a sentence or changing a word instead. I try to be realistic to the amount of fantasy that I add to my plots (like limitations and no all-powerful characters). I am not afraid to let the circumstances of the characters' situations become very bad either. I believe the fun in the role play is having the characters dig themselves out of that hole.

If you agree with my preferences, please bump this page and then send me a private message so we can get to talking. I have some plot-like ideas (I'm not a big fan of actual "plots"; they limit creativity), which are just things that can get us started off on our role play journey but I would love to hear what you have in mind too!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LuckyShamrock
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Re: On the hunt for Medieval Fantasy Roleplay Buddies!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Requested bump.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryonistan on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:57 am

Hi Layneperkey.

I've been rping for a few years on a few other forums. Mostly medieval fantasy, with emphasis on the medieval. Came across this wanted-ad while looking for someone who was looking for someone literate who wasn't too enamored with traditional fantasy cliche.

I'd link you to some of my earlier writing (as embarrassing as they are), but I'm not quite sure what the rules for linking to other sites are. Will PM you them if you wish, of course.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
-Ryonistan

Ryonistan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZypherKymira on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey, if you need a good group, I know some more fantasy lovers. I actually take pride in my characters, so I think it will be fun. Send a PM if you are making a group. I have been roleplaying for nine years, so I hope I am qualified. Anywho, see ya!

ZypherKymira
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvysAnkh on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:18 am

Hey there mylady Layne,

I have been roleplaying quite some time, on several sites. Due to school and other issues, though, I haven't roleplayed the last year or so.
I want to pick it up again, since it is a huge inspiration for me and the most important thing: it is a lot of fun!
My favourite kind of roleplays are of the medieval kind. To be honest, I'm very new to this site, so I don't know if this disqualifies me as advanced.

If you think I could be a nice rp-buddy, I'm sure i'll hear something from you.

Thanks, IvysAnkh

IvysAnkh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adrenalinum on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm

:) Bump for you!

adrenalinum
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!