Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Line Between Good and Evil (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Line Between Good and Evil (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm

the-line-between-good-new-start-and-evil-new-race-t34595.html
((Above is the OOC, For any who wish to join that have not submitted a character to me, Please do not post here. Follow the link))

"Father always over does things." Kiomi sighed looking up at the building before her. It reminded her of a castle almost but her father had built it as a way to show his support for her guild. A headquarters all their own that could support at least a hundred people. It was fully equipped with two libraries and multiple training rooms, not to mention uniquely designed bedrooms and an office designed for her by her younger sister. "Yeah, They definitely over did it." She said placing her hand on her hip. Her other hand reached out and touched one of the unique stone carvings. It was clear that her father had gotten help from the dwarves and it brought a smile to her face. He'd even placed the building just a short ways away from the shore. All they'd have to do was make their way out of the garden of flowers and herbs that Siluvaine had planted.

Well, It certainly is beautiful Nayora's voice rang clear in her mind. It had been six months since that incident but her sister was good enough to not speak of it to the family. Rubbing her arms gently, she took a seat on the smooth stone railing. It had been to long since they'd last heard from her brother. She wished that he were here to support her. Having a second soul was more of a burden then she wanted but to know that she was only the first. Knowing there were others like her, made things more difficult. For six months, she'd been searching and so far she had only managed to find one other. Most people would just give up but she had many lifetimes ahead of her to look and her gut told her there were still more out there, many more.

~~~~~

Life in this town seemed so slow but then again that's what it was. Sometimes, adventurers would stroll through, make a few purchases from her shop and then eagerly make their way to the tavern to find a room. Gently, she ground together a few of her favorite smelling herbs. She did so every morning before opening up the small shop that her uncle had built. "Uncle.." She sighed heavily as she set the bowl up on one of the shelves to let the smell fill the shop. "I think I preferred father." And she did. It was to much to think about, knowing that her life had been built on one giant lie.

Quit thinking about it. You don't know who your real parents are. So what? There she went again. Dagger's comments always seemed so cold and it pissed Sophia off. Sometimes she wished that Dagger were right in front of her just so that she could slap her across the face. Oh come now, That is harsh Sophia. Harsh? Perhaps. Walking to the door of her shop, she stared out into the empty town. It was still to early for most people to be up. She heard her aunt and uncle enter the shop. It was a family business and they ran it as one. Although her family seemed to be falling apart. "I'm heading to the Tavern." Neither of them would try and stop her. This was her routine. Open the shop then relax in the tavern until later in the morning when things picked up.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Line Between Good and Evil (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:47 pm

In a small tavern in the northern mountains, Saren is sitting at a table in the corner talking to a man in a cloak. "Nice job on that last bounty, here's your cut." Saren opens the bag to find only four gold pieces, "Little light ain't it?" They look at each other for a minute before the waitress cautiously brings over their food. "What do you expect, cleaning the mess you left behind costs money," the cloaked man said, tapping his fingers on the table. Saren started to eat, fast. "I'm still amazed you can eat that much, and that quickly too." Saren waved his bowl at the waitress, signaling he was ready for seconds. "Do you have anything for me or was this little meeting as pointless as the rest?" Saren leaned back in his chair, taking a drink every few minutes as silence engulfed the tavern. "Not here, to many curious ears," The cloaked man got up and started to walk outside, Saren followed in suit. Once outside the cloaked man removed his hood and looked over the mountains, never making eye contact with Saren. "There's someone giving trouble to the local guard in a town south of here, I wrote down the description of the guy." The man gives Saren the piece of paper and waves his hand good bye before disappearing into the snow. "Looks like I'm heading south," Saren takes a running start off the cliff and shifts into an eagle flying towards the town where his target was last seen.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xinro on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Frar wiped his forehead and looked around the forge. He placed the hammer he was holding on the anvil and dunked the piece of metal into the bucket next to him. Frar let the metal go and walked over to the forge door and opened it. He stared out at the courtyard and shook his head and walked outside.

Frar walked out of the courtyard and out into the city. He wondered down the streets till he came to a tavern where he then walked inside. He sat down in a chair at the back and waited for the waitress to walk over to him."something strong and don't be cheap about it ok" He looked around the tavern and sighed at all the sounds.This tavern use to be so quiet but since all that has happened around here people have began to show up out of no where.As the waitress brought back his drink he handed her a gold coin and and took a dink from the mug. He leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes and listened to all the sounds.

Xinro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Onyx walked silently threw a unknown forest, headed who knows were, as she let her instincts lead her to her next kill. There was a snap of a twig and she knew it was her anonymous buyer.
She growled a warning that he was to come no closer, even in her human form the growl could not be misinterpret, it was a threat.....a promise if he came any closer he would regret it.
"now now dont be so hostel, we've been working together a long time....dont trust me yet?" a smooth voice asked from about 15 feet away.
"That's like asking if id trust a snake not to bite me when i step on it, you and i both know your not happy about my last job" Onyx said quietly
The man laughed out loud, a harsh and dark chuckle that disrupted the peaceful silence.
"you always were the perceptive one......so how are your sisters and brother?" He asked in a sly voice.
Onyx's face went blank.
"i have no family" she said in a monotone.
"oh dont be like that! i know you send money to them every week....." he said with a pleasant smile.
"leave them out of this you sadistic bastard" she snarled her voice getting more animal like.
His Face got darker.
"let me clarify for you....if you ever kill anyone under my protection again.....your family will die, plain and simple." the man said
onyx glared at him then nodded, admitting defeat.
"good, now here's your next target" he said handing her a sheet of paper with a picture and a description on it.
"he'll be dead by tomorrow" Onyx said then turned and shifted to her dragon form, not waiting for his reply, she flew away headed to her next destination.
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:53 am

As Saren flew through the skies he noticed a large winged figure rapidly coming up behind him. In a split second he ducked down and hid in the trees. "Another shifter...I should continue on foot from here, the towns only a few more miles." He stood up and began to walk towards the town where his bounty was. "Eli, huh. Blond hair and green eyes, shouldn't be too hard to find with them traits."

Once arriving in the town Saren looked around the town square to look for anyone interesting or informative. "I guess its still early, maybe the tavern will have more people." Saren walked the streets of the town, noticing how peaceful and quiet it was, reminding him of his life before his family died. Saren entered the local tavern and approached the counter. Dressed in all black and without any armor, but still well equipped he was easy to notice. "What can I get for you, Stranger," The bartender asked in a nervous manner. "I'm looking for a guy, about your height, blond, green eyes, and a traveler much like myself."
Last edited by Dex on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kearuneh on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Saelion crept up on the demon slowly, not wishing to blow his cover. He had tracked the monster for days, but hadn't witnessed it's appearance onto their world. It hadn't killed yet, probably because if it tried Saelion would've attacked it, and it seemed to be looking for something. It mumbled rambling questions every now and than, which worried him.
Saelion had never seen a demon who actually thought, more than being carnal.
As he crept forward, his blade at the ready, he watched the moves of the demon silently.
It was only resting on a log, reading some notebook in it's hands, mumbling more to itself than it had before. A spell or just reading? Saelion wondered.

Saelion jutted forward, trying to keep his footfalls soft, and was just about to slice the monster from nape to navel: it dissipated completely.
"Come ON!" he roared, punching the air angrily. It had disappeared! DISAPPEARED! Since when did Demons just vanish from thin air?

He sat down, sheathing his sword and rubbed his face with his hands in frustration.
So close, he thought, randomly kicking a log into the fire the monster had made.

It wasn't a log he kicked....the notebook! Saelion dropped down, grabbing the un-charred corner of the book, pulling it towards him, scalding the tips of his fingers.
He sucked on his fingers, before leaning again to read the remnants of the notebook: the parts that weren't smudged or burned off, that is.

"....find the headquarters..." he read aloud. What headquarters??? "...no sight of any guild, but most locate before we overpower this world. They may be our destruction! No one believes their strength, and I must convince them...."

"Whatever this 'guild' is, I need to find it...and give them this." he replied...and smiled manically at the thought of aiding others like him destroy the monsters.

Kearuneh
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Kiomi shook the thought of her brother from her head calmly. One day he would return but until that day, there were things that she needed to focus on more. Standing, she headed inside the guild house. Her eyes widened as she looked around. He really had overdone it but somehow the murals on the walls and the warming colors had a calming affect on her. Hopefully, the few members that she did have so far would remember that she asked them to come and see it. Today, was the first time that even she had seen it.

~~~~~~~

Sophia entered the tavern lost in her thoughts. As she settled herself at the bar, she smiled at the barkeep as he placed her usual drink down in front of her. Thanking him gently, she turned to watch the fire as it flickered, burning the logs. It didn't occur to her to wonder why there was someone else in the tavern so early, as she had truly not even noticed. So lost in her thoughts and Dagger's comments that she hadn't even stopped to have a conversation with the barkeep like she would do on a normal day.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Onyx faound herself in a small town, she shifted to human before entering as not to make a scene. she pulled out the peice of paper that had the name of her target. she silently looked the picture over then looke at the name.
"Saren?" she said to herself.
Apperantly he had been turning in her "boss's" people
"....bounty hunter huh?" she murmered and smiled slightly, he had the right idea...turning the bad guys in, even if it was for personal gain.
"to bad i didnt think of that...might ahave saved me trouble......" she sighed and began walking around and looking for the man.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kearuneh on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Saelion stood up, gathering his emotions. It seemed amazing to finally find people like him, who believed as strongly as he did about demons.

Than again, how was he to know this was true? He had been hunting a demon...odds are that the odd creature already knew he was hunting him.
Whatever the case was, if the story weren't true, he would come in contact with other demons and fight to the finish.
Whatever the odds,he was determined to locate this 'guild', whether real or imaginary.

-Later-

Saelion was surprised where the stories led him. After leaving the forest glade where he had been tracking the monster that had escaped, he began his journey outside his homeland to the ever-mysterious 'guild'.

Surprisingly, there had been two human mortals in his town that had some knowledge of the guild, but it seemed to be all hearsay. Of course, if the guild was not false than it would spout lies of its existence, and make people wonder: you can't keep all rats quiet.

Saelion wandered into a tavern in the first city he decided to search: he didn't expect this to be the guilds origin, but it was a start. City's were always more likely to have more details than the nomads he had been raised with.
"Excuse me," Saelion replied to the bartender, waving his hand in greeting. The bartender nodded curtly, and than moved over to the man.
"Yes?" he asked, impatient already.
"Have you ever happened to hear of a guild in these parts?" Saelion inquired.
"A guild?" The bartender chuckled, "You're going to have to be a tad bit more detailed than that, lad. Theres hundreds of groups that call themselves 'guilds'."
"Point taken...." Saelion spoke under his breath, not wanting many to hear him, "how about a guild that specializes in the destruction of demons?"
The bartender barked in laughter, thumping Saelion on the shoulder obnoxiously.
"Oh LAD! Have a drink on the house: you must be weary if you're speaking of DEMONS!" he howled, which others soon followed at Saelion's expense.

Saelion gave a curt nod, and ordered his drink, pretending as though he hadn't been slighted by the bartender.
Yet, there had to be at least one person in this bar who had SOME idea of the guild he spoke of!

Kearuneh
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xinro on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Frar took another drink from the mug then stood up and walked out of the tavern. He looked around before he quietly slipped into a alley and shifted into his hawk form leaving his clothes in a pile on the ground. He took off into the air and sailed along with the wind towards a patch in the mountains. he continued along the mountains till he hit a small gully only accessible by air.

He slowly winged into the gully and settled down on a ledge. He hopped along the ledge till he came to the edge. He looked over the ledge at the ruins of a small village. He took off from the ledge and landed in the middle of the village. Frar quickly shifted from hawk to tiger.He began to wander around the village stopping in front of of and old burnt building.

Xinro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Saren sat in the chair collecting his thoughts. "Hey barkeep, I'm going to stay the night here. Do you know when the place will start to pick up? Its urgent that I find this man." The bartender thought to himself, "I'd say around lunchtime, and if you want to stay a night it'll be a silver." Saren reached into his pocket and pulled out a gold coin, "Make it a week, I don't know how long it'll take." Saren picked up his fork and ate the meal as quickly as he always did. "Can I get seconds?" The bartender looked amazed, "S-Sure, wait right here." Saren noticed the girl sitting in the tavern, she looked deep in thought. "Tch, Like she'd know anything." Saren took one last drink of his ale, "What the hell." He got up and walked over to where the girl was sitting, "Excuse me miss, but would you happen to have seen a man about my height with blond hair and green eyes?"

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:31 pm

It was a fine day, the breeze and scattering of clouds stopping the weather from becoming too hot. The green in Moira's eyes stood out as she carefully aimed at the target, arms wobbling with the effort to keep the short bow steady.

"Turn your wrist slightly so you don't hit the inside," her instructor, an elf by the name of Guilinan told her quietly, standing just behind her. It was more like over her, for all that he was a young elf he was still a head taller than her easily. And a heck of a better shot. Moira rotated her wrist slightly so that her bow didn't move, much, but her wrist was further from the string.

"Adjust for the breeze." Moira upped it to the left a bit, slightly higher than where she was aiming for. She ignored a curl that was working itself loose from the pins she'd impaled it with earlier, jaw set as she stubbornly focused.

"Breath out slowly, and release." Moira exhaled gently, and then let her fingers with the protective leather half glove slip free of the string and arrow. With a thwap the arrow flew straight into the lower right corner of the bale of hay, missing the circle painted on it as Moira winced at the sting under her leather wrist guard. Again, she'd not turned her wrist enough, and hadn't corrected properly. The bale was littered with arrows, dull ones of low quality that were used for practise, simple shafts with flights attatched that the fletching apprentices made to sharpen their skills. Nobody in their right mind would give elflings or Moira a live arrow.

Moira's next exhale was considerably less gentle than her last one as she unstrung her bow, coiling up the string to put away while Guilinan examined the target with his considerably sharper eyes. It was frustrating, one circle sitting still, and she couldn't blooming well hit it! Why was everything, shooting, magic, learning elvish, SO BLASTED HARD?!

"Cheer up. Nearly all of your shots hit the bale, only two in the ground and one in the trees," Guilinan remarked, shading green eyes. "You're improving, all be it slowly." Much as Moira wanted to sharply inform him that she was only half dwarf, half human, and therefore didn't have all of forever to practise things, she simply smiled at him tiredly, surruptiously twitching her hands in an attempt to ease cramps.

"Thanks for taking the bother to teach me Guilinan. Means a lot to me." It truly did. Moira knew that she was always going to be the tall skinny one among Dwarves. She was also always going to be the short old one among Humans. And she'd always be the coarse ugly one among Elves, as unfairly beautiful as they were. She'd come to terms with about halfway through her second decade when she realised that no amount of anything was going to make her fully something. The only thing she could be was fully Moira so she decided to aim for that. And Moira was going to be able to damn well defend herself against demons. Others, paticularly her father's family, laughed at her for it. The older Dwarves, the clan fathers, approved of her stance. Demons hadn't been reliably seen in centuries but were no less real for it in the minds of the current oldest generation.

Collecting up the arrows, Moira considered what she'd do next. Practise reading Elvish as she laboured through the house's library for anything related to demons, practise a basic firestarting spell, or take a break and go visit her father as he continued working his delivery service. She could even do a job or two for him in exchange for pocket money.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm

OOC: Dex are you talking to Onyx? im not sure...cause i dont think she went in the tavern yet....

emotionless
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm

emotionless wrote:OOC: Dex are you talking to Onyx? im not sure...cause i dont think she went in the tavern yet....

OCC: Saren's talking to Dragon Pirate's character Sophia. He doesn't even know your after him

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:19 am

Sophia, You are being talked too. Dagger's words pulled her from her thoughts. Turning her head towards him, she thought for a moment before standing up and turning to face him. She was somewhat short, standing at a mere 5'3" and seemed to be measuring him up compared to herself. Her teeth nibbled at the corner of her mouth as she looked up at his face. "I might have. Do you happen to have his name?" She asked curiously, still examining his face. "You look like you've seen a lot. Do you know anything about souls?" You are going to make him think you are weird. Of course, she was right again. She probably seemed about as crazy as it got but her concern was clearly written across her face.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

OOC: ok sorry just got slightly confused...cant guarantee it wont happen again....lol

emotionless
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:58 pm

"Unfortunately, I do not know his name." Saren looked at the small girl for a moment before noticing here nervousness, then she asked him a question. "What you mean like a bodies soul?... Or is it souls?" Though he had never seen a case of it personally, Saren had heard stories of people with so-called extra souls. He had never met one personally. but he had heard of a women with that condition starting a guild about a week ago. He was curious as to whether it was a hoax or not.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:26 pm

"Both." Sophia said gently, tossing her hair over one shoulder. "Like, Multiple souls inside a body." The fact that he hadn't ignored her question or simply brushed it off with a no, made her even more curious. Perhaps this man did know something but could she really tell him about Dagger? She hadn't told anyone but she wanted..Absolutely not! Are you trying to get yourself locked away?

Dagger's sharp reprimand made her wince visibly. Being locked away wasn't what she wanted. She wouldn't tell this guy about her until she knew that he knew something. Why him? That was a great question as well. How could she prove that there was another soul inside of her anyway? Was there a way to control the shape shifter inside of her? And if there was how could she? Breathe. "Eh, Its a shame you don't know his name." She added softly sitting herself back down and resting her chin on her hand. "Ah this is frustrating."

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Saren sat down across from the girl, no longer interested in his target. "What do you mean by multiple souls in one body?" Saren was undoubtedly curious about that statement. "Sir your second helping of food!" Saren turned around, rolling his eyes about how perfect the timing was. "Wait right here, I'd like to know more about what you said." Saren walked over to get his food and laid money down for the food.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm

She watched him pay for his food before lifting her drink and taking another sip of it. Dagger was having a jolly old time in her head but she was to preoccupied in her thoughts. How could she prove her existence if it came down to it? Was she able to grab hold of Sophia at any time or was their a trick to it? If I could take over at any time, You'd know. It would keep you from running your mouth off to this guy. She smiled softly at that. No one would understand, not even her second soul. It wasn't the same really, because she was over joyed at the chance of a second life. However, her life affected Sophia's to such a great extent that she had the right to know about it. It was stupid to be so blissfully ignorant of what was going on with them. Eh? Are you calling me stupid little girl? "Perhaps I am." She whispered to herself.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!