Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Path

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Path

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu May 07, 2009 7:35 pm

And if you take that Path, just down yonder,
The one covered in moss and dark dirt,
You'll enter a world that keeps itself secret,
From all of the other worlds I dare say,
Because I'm not sure anybody knows what it is,
And that might be a good thing.

Seventeen-year-old Anabell Schwartz was determined to escape. She needed a place to go, and she found it. One day when she is leaving the farm, she noticed a dark path leading off to the left. It was funny, to her, because she couldn't remember it being there just the other day. Or even, if she thought about it, a few seconds ago. But there it was, just begging to be walked. To lead her somewhere new and exciting, where she could escape from her working life. So she took it. Down the hill, across the field, and into the oak trees. But as she was walking, all of the leaves around her began turning a dark purple, and falling to the ground. Ana didn't notice, she was too intensely focused on getting to the end of the Path. She wanted to know where it led. And she would find out, if she wasn't carefull. Oh yes, she would most definitely find out.
Her dark hair swished behind her, and she trailed her fingers on the bark of the trees as she passed. It was rough, cold, and callused, and she quickly pulled her hand back. 'Just a little bit farther' she thought to herself. 'and then, if I don't find anything, I'll go back.' she saw a bit of light ahead, maybe a clearing. She took the few steps and entered it, looking around curiously. What she saw was going to change everything. But isn't that always the case in these stories?
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Path

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QuickDeath on Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 am

In the forests near the Ghoiz kingdom, it was believed going in it was certain death. Death from all numbers of things, horrible deaths. Bodies were found, impaled on some beasts tusks, ripped apart, missing all number of body parts. Some of the people simply didn't believe wiser souls when these stories were told. Thats exactly what happened with a young girl, who decided to prove her friends wrong, that is was safe. Her friends begged her not to go in, warning her, and she went in. It was pure luck a boar didn't see her, that it was looking in the wrong direction, she didn't know how lucky she was. A Lion saw her, ready to kill, but found another meal. Finally, a wolf came for her. She saw it. She realized, her friends were right, but that realization came too late. She ran, but the wolf was faster. The rest of the pack gave chase, and it was nothing for them. They were toying with her, giving her the illusion of being faster. The were about to catch her, when the dragon of the land saw her. He decided that the wolves had done enough. The girl was lucky, she couldn't of been safer. She certainly didn't know that. The dragon caught her, and simply told her not to be so stupid next time. The girl was brought back to the kingdom. Her friends had warned her. She had gotten lucky, and she knows that. All know she won't be so lucky if she enters a second time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

QuickDeath
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:57 am

Nineteen year-old River Conway was walking through Philadelphia, when he happened upon a pocket park, squished between a pizzeria and some dilapidated apartment building. Opting for what most city-folk thought was their "green air", he took a step into it, wandering down a path that had seemingly just appeared. "Why not take a walk down this Path?" He thought, hands stuck deep in his pockets as he wandered down it. It was much longer than he had first thought, maybe the pocket park was an annexation of some obscure larger park he had not heard about. With his lefty acoustic jouncing on his back, he went ever deeper into this forest that had thickened with each step. For some reason unbeknownst to him, he felt calm about waht was happening, he didn't feel the least bit worried that he had left the city somewhere behind him. As he took a few more steps, the wood thinned again into a clearing.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Sun May 10, 2009 1:09 pm

As Anabell stepped into the clearing full of light, she saw a boy stepping in from the other side. He looked quite odd, she thought, wearing those clothes, and carrying something inredibly large on his back. "Hello, sir. By any chance may I ask what brought you here?" she inquired.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!