Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Place We Came From ((Fantasy/Science Fiction RP)) [OPEN]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Place We Came From ((Fantasy/Science Fiction RP)) [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 pm

~Introduction~

Hey, I saw you walking by the forest. You looked lost- oh, I'm sorry. It seems it's not exactly everyday a guy with white hair, blue eyes and... wings comes up from behind and speaks to you. Hey! Hold it, don't run away! I can help you. You've got problems, right? Bastard father, alcoholic mother, abusive boyfriend or girlfriend? Something like that? Hey, I know how it is. But there's more to it than that, isn't there? You know about things, you've seen things you don't think you should. Your eyes change colours, your senses are sharper, you have utterly uncanny instincts for survival. You're a mutant- sorry, but it's the truth. See, we're all mutant freaks. We don't know where we came from or why we're here but we just don't seem to fit. Well, I'll tell you this, this is not our world. We were sent here, or something like that. I don't quite have it all figured out.

Okay... so that may be quite a lot to take in. I'll slow it down. If you come with me, I can take you to the forest, deep inside where we all live. Can you howl? I thought so. We're all real good with animals, but I don't know why. What? Oh, the wings. I don't know, myself, frankly. We've all got them, you do too, we just need to preform the releasing spell on you. It'll be done when you're ready.

Oops... Sorry, I know that's once again far too much to take in. Just come with me, I'll show you. You don't have to stay if you don't want to, but trust me... you'll want to. Oh, name's Ice, by the way. You don't need to know my true name and I don't need to know yours. We mostly just pick natural elements, you should really meet my cousin Shadow... come on!

~The Other Place~

We came from another place... I don't know where it is. Somewhere beyond what we know in this world. Somewhere... different. It's a place I know I can get to if I could only remember... unless, of course, we weren't even born yet when we came here. But I know I can get us there and get some answers. I need help, of course. I don't like asking for it, but sometimes it's the only logical thing to do. And besides, I want to help all you out too, you can't just live your whole lives alone, never knowing where you came from. I won't let that happen. I promise, as long as I live, we will find the Other Place.

~The Pack~

We call ourselves a pack. Why? Well, there's a lot of wolves near by and we seem to be able to communicate with them quite well. They call us a pack and we figured that fit nicely. So pack it is. I'm the leader, the "Alpha", if you will. I suppose Pine's my beta, he's been here since I got here, before then even, but he wanted me to lead. Funny, as he never seems to 'want' anything. Anyway, we all work together, some go out to the city for medical supplies, others hunt for food. We can't rely too much on the city, they'll surely notice something. I mean, you can't hide a group of teenagers with gigantic wings living in the forest forever.

~Pack Members~

(You may choose one, or make your own.)

~Pine~
~16~ ~Male~ ~5'11"~ ~Silver eyes~ ~Dusty brown hair~ ~Light tan-and-white wings~

Pine is a little... different. He's very intelligent, often giving out more information than needed without realizing it. He is logical and to-the-point, using reason to get past most situations. He has very pale skin, dusty brown hair and strange silvery eyes, his hair is bone-straight and hangs a little past his eyebrows and some sections over his eyes, though it never seems to bother him or get in the way. Pine is also surprisingly strong, able to lift nearly twice his weight with ease, though he looks fairly thin. He also happens to be a fantastic flier, but rarely ever lets anyone see this skill. He flies just when he needs to and doesn't normally do tricks.

Though Pine is quite intelligent and knows a variety of different facts about many things, he seems to know very little about normal 'human behavior'. In short, he's socially awkward. He doesn't open up... at all, keeps his problems hidden. He seems oblivious to what love is and claims he's never felt it, nor does he want to. He says love is distracting and he would rather help out the pack by being focused, rather than burden them by getting distracted. He doesn't like people touching him, be it a hand-shake, hug, high-five, etc. Because of this, he has never been very close to anyone and he tries very hard never to be attached to anyone. This can also make him seem a little innocent at times when he doesn't understand something 'normal' people do.

He never shows off unless extremely pressured to, though he can give a lot more information than needed and seem as though he's showing off. He knows how intelligent he is but doesn't feel that makes him better than anyone. In fact, he can doubt himself sometimes, but he never leads this on. He hides any and all weaknesses, using his intellect as a shield protecting him from emotion.

He doesn't seem to laugh... ever, nor does he smile much or want/desire anything greatly. The general conclusion has been that he can't, or that he suppresses his emotions. This can cause the Pack to become a little worried about him, afraid one day he might break down and no one knows what to do if that happens because Pine is a very important pack member. He's the logic, the reason. What could they do without that?

But a lack of emotion can cause problems too. Sometimes Pine's logic can seem a little cold, a little too 'heartless', if you will. But it's entirely logical and straight-forward. Just know, Pine does have a heart, it's just hard to find. In fact, there is a person he relies on and cares about, though he will deny it. Ice. The leader, who helped him when he needed it. Ice discovered Pine in the forest, facing a pack of growling wolves. Pine showed no emotion but also dared not to make a move. Ice rushed in, howled to the wolves long and powerful and made them understand. Ice told Pine he could do it too, he could fly too. And on that day forth, Ice became the only person Pine ever trusted. Though Pine also has a "soft spot" for Rain, who looks up to him, this he most certainly denies.

Pine doesn't remember anything from his past. It's all blank. He knows nothing about his life before he faced those wolves and met Ice. Which is a little odd, seeing that Pine has an identical memory and never forgets a single detail about anything. This lead Ice to want to know more about where they came from. And Pine, though he hides it, wants nothing more than to know what happened to him, who he is, where he came from, what his real name is....

*Note* Something else you should know about Pine... he is not human. No one in the pack, not even Ice knows this, not even Pine himself knows this, but he was made, not born. He's an android, built somewhere else and no one knows where. He will find this out by getting hurt and seeing the pulled circuits and simulated nervous system beneath his skin and much, much darker than normal 'blood', which is just a fluid that simulates blood to give him the illusion of a pulse and keeps him running, i.e "alive".

~Shadow~

~15~ ~Female~ ~5'6"~ ~Hazel eyes~ ~Black hair~ ~Black wings~

Shadow is Ice's cousin. She was the first to join Ice and Pine in the Pack. Shadow lived in a foster home because her parents were killed in a bank robbery when she was six. Ice's mother couldn't take her in because she had cancer and Ice, who was only seven at the time, was forced to start taking care of himself, as his father had left earlier that year when they got the news. Shadow was sent to live in a foster home with six other kids whose names she tries to forget. They were loud, many were either smokers, drinkers or both and all over 13, making her the youngest by a long shot.

Shadow has always been a loner, an introvert. She feels better when she's alone and doesn't enjoy crowds. Though she's not nearly as socially awkward as Pine. She has felt love and she does desire it, though she keeps that part of her under wraps. She has amazing self-control and can force herself to stay calm in even the toughest of situations. Though she does show emotion later, but always when she's alone and never, ever in front of anyone. She feels a need to project herself as strong and is always trying to seem tougher. And she is tough, she has a high resistance to pain, will ignore most of her injuries and can control her emotions very well. Though sometimes this can put her in trouble, she may end up putting herself in far too much danger for someone else without a second thought.

She can be protective and defensive at times, rushing in to defend the pack before anyone else can open their mouths. She is an outstanding fighter, though she may be a little too quick to raise a fist. Once she realizes this, though, she will control herself once more.

Shadow does have a bit of a mysterious side, though. She likes to take walks by herself or with the wolves, simply so she can think. She loves nature and is great at living off the land. Though Shadow can become a little distant at times, zoning out while thinking about something unrelated, she can pull herself back to reality.

She gets odd visions, though. Vivid dreams that take her to the future and sometimes to the past. She can even get these dreams during the day, her eyes changing from hazel to faded grey when this happens. It sends a shockwave of pain through her head, making the visions hard to focus on. Ice gets worried when this happens because sometimes the pain can be so much, it knocks Shadow unconscious. Her visions are important, though and she always struggles to see as much as she can when she gets them.

Shadow has been hurt many times, by her former boyfriend whose unpredictable temper made him attack her many times. By her foster home and its inhabitants, by her classmates at school who knew her situation but did nothing but give her 'pity' which she despises, and by her own mind, her visions... She knows pain well and is willing to take it for the pack, for the truth about them all.

She is also quite the talented singer, which she discovered when she sang along to 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' with Ice when he found her in the forest. He knew it was her favourite song and knew, somehow, that she'd run away that day and that she would be there. So he headed out to the forest, singing, hoping she'd sing back. And she did. Beautifully.

To Shadow, Ice is like a brother, always there for her. And when he needs it, she'll be there for him. Her loyalty undeniable.

~Dusk~

~16~ ~Male~ ~5'10"~ ~Green eyes~ ~Light red hair~ ~Faded red and orange wings~

Dusk is a thinker. He doesn't talk much but does enjoy being around others, though he can never seem to say what he means to say. When he was young, his mother used to slap him for saying something wrong, but Dusk couldn't seem to explain his thoughts properly, which resulted in another slap. So eventually, he simply stopped talking. He longed to have friends, be normal, go out to the movies or... something. But, as he never spoke, he never got the chance.

Well, one day he simply decided to leave. He packed a bag, left the house and headed for... anywhere. He eventually found himself in the forest, lost, cold and exhausted from so much walking. He wasn't sure how far he'd gone but it had to have been miles. He'd been walking all night. Eventually, he collapsed beneath a pine tree, and, ironically, was found by Pine, who had been told by Ice to look in that area for a person. Dusk tried to explain why he was there but he started stuttering and ended up not saying anything at all. Most of the pack hasn't ever heard him speak, but he still manages to make himself known.

He always tried to cheer people up, often with something as simple as a gesture, or a small gift. He knows life in the Pack can get tough but he makes the most of it and makes sure everyone else is happy. Though he's always doing his best to cheer others up, he often neglects himself, seeing his own needs as less important than those of others.

Dusk can be very deep, he just can't seem to express these thoughts very well. He knows every Pack member incredibly well and knows when they're upset, happy, nervous, angry, you name it, nothing escapes him. He thinks about what he doesn't know and tries hard to figure it all out, to figure out his existence, the existence of all life. It fascinates him and he always wants to know more.

Dusk also has a small book he carries around, full of art work. He doesn't think it's all that good but loves to draw and can't help but continue. The few he does show his work to, however, do end up thinking it's fantastic, but Dusk just doesn't see it.

At times, he loves to simply look up at the sky, at the moon and the stars, the clouds. He loves the sky. And he loves to fly, though he's not the best flier, he loves it more than anything... besides, maybe, art.

Dusk also loves to read and does so whenever he gets a hold of a good book. He is very thoughtful and caring, but can be pushed to the breaking point. Though he handles anger well, it does get the better of him occasionally. And when that happens, he usually goes off on his own to draw or read, his way of 'cooling down'.

*Note* Dusk is also an empath; he can feel what others are feeling, though he usually keeps this to himself. And, as he rarely talks, never brings it up much.

~Feather~

~15~ ~Female~ ~5'1"~ ~Deep amber/brown eyes~ ~Platinum blond hair~ ~White and gold wings~

Feather has long, wispy white-blond hair that reaches down to the middle of her back. Her bangs are long and tend to cover the right side of her face. She has big, deep amber/brown eyes and looks a bit like a deer somehow. Just as timid and quiet.

Unlike Dusk, she does speak, but she does so very quietly in a soft voice. She doesn't get angry often but she still can, and when she does, she'll do what Dusk does and go off on her own. She loves nature and animals but is a little awkward and timid around people. But she'll open up if you give her a chance. She's very kind and caring and always willing to help out. Though she's not very strong physically, her spirit is able to withstand and she can be quite hard to break.

She is an incredibly graceful and elegant flier, she makes it seem like art, swooping and diving, but slowly, intricately. She's not very fast but she makes up for it with grace and detail, as though dancing but on the clouds.

She can be surprisingly defensive when it comes to the pack and their lives. She's not a great fighter, not very strong or fast but she will fight if needed. She'd do anything to protect the Pack, her friends, though she can get nervous and is easily scared but she'll face her fears when she needs to.

She tends to see the good in everyone and everything, able to forgive with ease and trust again, even after being hurt, which can, at times, be a problem. She can be too trusting and that can land her in trouble, as it did before she came to the pack. She was found shivering, huddled over inside an oak tree by Ice. She had a bruised eye and a bloody mark on her cheek. Her dad had attacked her again. He had been abusive to Feather and her mother, often raising his fist at both of them. Feather was small, thin and frail at the time, he'd taken her arm once and broken it over the coffee table so that now, it moves a little stiffer than her right arm.

She'd run one day after school. She couldn't face going home because she'd gotten a failing grade in math and was sure her dad would react violently. So she ran and ran and ran until she came upon the forest, then she found the oak and stayed there until Ice coaxed her out. She had been shivering violently and it had taken a long time for her to calm down but she did and went with Ice to the Pack where she could finally live without (or at least with less) fear.

Feather has mastered the ability to communicate with all animals flawlessly and understand them well. she considers them her friends and her equals and loves to be around them. She claims the plants have ways of communicating as well, though cannot explain it. She says the trees like the Pack, but they do not like other humans. She also loves to play instruments and has an amazing gift of playing by ear. If she hears something being played on an instrument, it doesn't take her long to figure out how she can do it herself. She doesn't call attention to her gift, though, and claims it's nothing special.

Though she may not be very strong or very fast, her heart more than makes up for it all. She knows there's good in everything and her kindness and compassion knows no end.

~Sky~

~15~ ~Male~ ~6'0"~ ~Pale green/blue eyes~ ~Pale blond hair~ ~Pale blueish/white wings~

Sky is an absolutely amazing flier. He's mastered speed down to an art form. He can do loops, pull out of free-falls, hover perfectly in place, weave around trees with ease and many more tricks. But he's not only fast in the skies, he's fast on land too, with long legs and lean muscles he's got energy to spare. He loves to run and fly and, though he doesn't like to brag, he is proud of what he can do.

As a child, his parents made him do many different sports, trying to find one he was good at. The only one he ever seemed to do well in was the only one he ever liked, racing. So they forced him to practice daily, pushing him beyond his limits. He continuously hurt himself because of this, tearing muscles, breaking legs, running on broken legs, you name it. He just wanted to run for fun, but because of all the pressuring, he did develop a competitive nature and began to push himself past his limits as well, wanting to go faster, be better, not get that disappointed scowl his father always gave him after a race.

After coming in last due to tripping and breaking his leg because of it, his father refused to pick him up from practice. Sky's mother thought this was too cruel but his father was convinced that by making him walk home, he would learn to 'pick up his feet'. Sky limped a couple miles, biting his lip to cope with the pain, making it bleed. At one point, he tried to cross the street and tripped half-way through. A car seeming to come out of no-where sped towards him. Sky struggled to get back up but pain kept shooting through his leg and the lights were coming in fast... A sudden figure appeared from the bushes across the street, sped onto the road and grabbed Sky, pulling him out of the way with lightning-fast reflexes. He had been saved by Pine.

Once he found out about the Pack, Sky just had to go with him (The fact that he couldn't walk without leaning on someone by that point helped with the decision as well). Though Sky was a bit cocky and quite competitive, he seemed to fit right in with the others, despite how different they were.

Sky does have a tendency to be quite stubborn, which can make him hard to reason with, but he does often have a point and would never argue with Ice unless he was absolutely certain he was right.

He does tend to compete a bit with Ice, as Sky does want to be a leader. But he does respect Ice, he just likes to test him, often challenging him to races just to see who would win. Admittedly, he's afraid to challenge Pine, knowing how fast his reflexes are and how strong he is.

Sky would like to think he has no fears, but he does. He fears losing those close to him and this can make him protective, much like Shadow, he'd jump right away to help the pack, no even giving a second thought. He can be impulsive and tends to make split-second decisions, but he will listen to reason... eventually. Sky also, deep down, fears not being good enough. That's why he constantly pushes himself and projects himself as cocky, he wants to be better because he feels he needs to be, afraid the Pack will leave him if he's not good enough for them.

Sky can be fairly sweet at times, though, when he feels he should, or when he's caught off-guard. He has mixed feelings on love and tries to avoid it, though secretly wants it.

Sky is very grateful to Pine for saving him that day but he rarely expresses it, as he would like to act like he didn't need help, even though he did. He may not show it, but he is thankful whenever given well-needed help.

~Fire~
~16~ ~Female~ ~5'8"~ ~Light brown/gold eyes~ ~Deep red hair~ ~Deep red, gold and orange wings~

Fire has a rather... fiery temper. It's short and her tongue can be sharp but she'll cool down eventually and forget about it, unless you bring it up again. She's fierce and quite the intimidating sight in battle with an amazing knack to pick up on how to use just about any weapon so long as she's told how to hold it.

She tries very hard to contain her anger but she'd suppressed it since she was young and finds it hard to control. She can be quite caring, though, which is what she tries to be but her temper can get in the way of things. She was always the quiet one as a child, dealing silently with her father dying and her mother becoming an empty shell through grieving. she was never taken care of properly and often had to save her own money just to buy food.

One day, her anger exploded. She lashed out at her mother for abandoning her, at her father for not being there, even though she knew he couldn't. She lashed out at everyone she could think of and the next day, her father died.

She didn't stay any longer. She left, too guilty to face her mother but still far too angry to turn to her "friends" who she's previously lashed out at. She just left and kept walking until a boy stopped her. A boy with white hair, blue eyes and wings. After he managed to convince her not to attack him, he explained about the Pack and told her that she was one of them. He told her his name was Ice.

Fire spends most of her time practicing fighting to get her anger out so she won't lash out at anyone again. She likes the pack and tries very hard to do things right and go out of her way to help. She suppresses her buried guilt and tells no one about her problems, not wanting to burden them and trying not to think about them herself.

She is quite smart and tactical, thinking up very reasonable ways to get around obstacles, though often countered by Pine and his always spot-on logic.

She loves the wolves and often finds the near-by wolf pack to observe or communicate with. She has a fascination with them, their ways, their lives. It interests her.

Fire has a very strong hatred of 'human nature' as she calls it and tries to avoid going to the city at all costs because she can't stand all the people. She hates crowds and finds it hard to breath with too many people around.

When it comes to love, Fire's a little awkward, not quite knowing how to handle it. She may get frustrated and try to avoid 'falling' for anyone, wanting to keep her feet firmly in place.Though she can become quite passionate when given a chance and a bit of patience.

She loves to observe things and figure them out, but she prefers to do this alone. She claims others can 'muddle her thoughts'.

Fire is very beautiful but she doesn't think so herself and dismisses any comments of others on the matter.

~Jay~

~14~ ~Male~ ~5'9"~ ~Blue eyes~ ~Black hair with a blueish tinge~ ~Blue, black and white wings~

Jay is a little... insane. To put it frankly. He takes a lot of big risks that are often dangerous just to see if he could do it. He never thinks twice about something and makes split-second decisions on the spot. He's reckless and impulsive and often gets others in trouble because of his actions. He never intends to hurt anyone, he just wants to have a little fun, do something different.

He has large, icy blue eyes, light tan skin, black hair with an almost blueish tinge and blue, black and white wings that very much resemble jay wings, thus how he got his name. He loves to make people laugh and often makes jokes at inappropriate times, though his intentions are always good. He's random and a lot of fun to be around -if you can keep up. He has boundless energy and nothing ever seems to bring him down, always smiling and always making the most of everything.

As a child, Jay had a different way of dealing with things. His father was constantly away over seas on business trips and his mother, who was a doctor, was hardly ever home either. So that left Jay alone at home to entertain himself... and that's never good. He would go out at night on his own, spray-paint walls, sidewalks, lamp-posts. He'd explore abandoned factories, walk alone in forests, go dodging cars on the highway... some things obviously more dangerous than others. One night when he returned home, he found a car in the driveway. Terrified and thinking his mother was already home, he snuck around to the back to peek inside when someone grabbed his shoulder and spun him around violently. A tall man stood before him, dressed all in black. He called out to someone, "Hey! There's a kid here!" And a voice replied, "So grab him, the mother's already dead. Let's take 'em to the river."

At that point, Jay was screaming. He tried to fight back but the man tied his arms behind his back, then roped his legs together. Once Jay's mouth was duck-taped and he couldn't make a sound, they tossed him in the trunk, on top of his bloodied and dead mother.

They drove for a while, Jay utterly terrified and shivering in the back, his mother dead and cold beneath him. Eventually they stopped, opened the trunk and grabbed Jay and his mother, taking them to the side of a bridge and tossing them into the rushing waters below. Jay struggled to breath. He coughed, unable to move his arms or legs. Just as he was about to pass out from the cold and the water filling his lungs, he felt a had grab him and tug him out of the water. When he came to the first thing he saw was Ice.

Jay doesn't know why those men killed his mother and wanted to kill him too. He was never told much about his family's affairs and was kept in the dark about many things. He thought maybe it was a huge grudge these men had against his family, as this didn't seem random. He does want to know why that happened but he doesn't like to think about his past. He blocks it out, burying the memory deep within himself. He tells no one about it, but sometimes he does get flash-backs when he sees something that reminds him of it. And he's terrified of rivers and refuses to swim in them or cross them because the flashbacks are too powerful, though he'll deny it.

He takes risks to get his mind off of things. If he thinks too long, he'll remember and he tries to avoid that. So he takes utterly insane risks, does random things and tries to make people laugh to hide the pain of his past. He wants to find the Other Place, secretly hoping he'll learn more about why everything happened the way it did.

~Rain~

~12~ ~Female~ ~5'3"~ ~Dark brown eyes~ ~Dark brown/black hair~ ~Light silver wings with dark grey streaks~

Rain has brown eyes and dark brown/black hair. She has light silver wings with dark grey streaks that resemble rain, and dark skin. Her eyes always seem to be open their widest and she's eager to learn more about the world. She doesn't mind being the youngest in the Pack as everyone treats her the same and listens to her ideas.

She's always looking for more things to learn about and tends to follow Pine around like a puppy, asking questions about whatever she comes across in hopes that he'll answer her. He does but she often ends up left with more questions than she came to him with. She sees him as an older brother and will often come to him for advice, which he's not all that used to giving.

She's very sweet and good-natured, always eager to please. She can be very brave and surprisingly tough for her age. She's a good flier but as she's a bit tall for her age, her wingspan is a little awkward for her to handle and she struggles to get off the ground without a running start and turning is hard for her to do in the air. She likes to practice flying with Sky because she admires his skill.

When she was younger, Rain's parents treated her well. They played with her when she was little, took her places she liked to go, trusted her to take care of a dog when she said she could, gave her gifts and were always there when she needed them. But one day, as she was walking home from school, Rain got a strange feeling. Like a sickness deep in her stomach. She found her dog outside the house lying on his side. When she ran over to see if he was okay, she stopped dead in her tracks. A long line of blood trailed from his still body to the edge of the sidewalk.

Terrified, Rain ran into her house, calling for her mother and father. When she got no replies she started to panic, searching every area in the house. All she found was several splashes of blood staining the rug in her parents' bedroom. She raced downstairs and into the living room, sitting on the floor hugging her knees for hours, in complete shock and disbelief, late into the night. She was waiting for her parents to come home, even though she knew they wouldn't. The police had been called, probably by a neighbor who found her dog. Cars started to crowd around her house, neighbors gathered outside and Rain knew they would ask her questions, they would take her away, so she headed out the back door and ran. Without shoes or a jacket she ran into the chilled fall air, finding her way into the forest and collapsing by a river, tears streaming down her face, unable to control her sobbing. A hand touched her shoulder, cold but somehow still comforting. Pine. She was still in shock and too petrified to walk on her own. So he carried her to the Pack and slowly, showed her around, telling her what it all was. Though Pine showed no emotion as usual and seemed really uncomfortable carrying her, she was grateful and looked up to him as a sort of guide. Though Pine would deny it.

Rain loves flying in strange weather. She likes to drift along with the snowflakes and glide through the rain, saying that she finds it interesting. She wonders what happened to her parents and wants very much to find out, clinging to the hope that they're still alive. She gets very defensive when someone says her parents are dead. She's convinced they're still living and will refuse to believe anything else.

She formed a close bond with a little albino wolf pup she calls Miri, and goes to see her in the nearby wolf pack as often as she can.

She tends to ask a lot of questions in her attempts to know more, but often doesn't know when she's asking too many.

Rain is very good at sensing things. She has powerful instincts and always seems to know when something bad will happen. The Pack know enough to trust her senses.

*Note* What happened to Rain's parents and what happened to Jay and his mother is related.

~The Releasing Spell~

Okay, so it's not really a spell. It's like a chant. "Volucris, I am winged, show them their freedom, let their wings grow." Then we pour some of this stuff Pine says he found in his backpack but remembers nothing else onto your back and that's it. Easy. But, just know, your wings don't just suddenly appear, they grow. They sprout from your back and grow into fully fledged wings. I won't lie to you, it's painful as hell, it's like someone taking a hold of your skin on each side of your back and ripping it in half. Your wing will hurt too much the first few days, but on the third day you should be fine to start learning to fly.

~Rules~

1 ) Swearing is fine, just don't go overboard.
2 ) Please write at very least one paragraph (5 sentences) per post, the longer the post, the better.
3 ) No OOC fighting.
4 ) No god-modding.
5 ) All characters must have weaknesses, no god-like invincible characters.
6 ) You must be active, I will send you a warning after 3 days if you are not.
7 ) Put "Howl with wolves" at the top of your post if you read the rules.
8 ) All kinds of love (M/M, F/F, M/F) are aloud, and a few side-plots may involve them. If you are uncomfortable with this, you can leave now.
9) If you choose to pick a character (From listed characters above), please provide an RP sample at VERY least 3 paragraphs long so I know you've got a feel for the character.

~Taken Characters~

Ice -RPed by me

~Form (For Creating Your Own)~

Code: Select all
[font=comic sans ms][b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Eye Colour:[/b]

[b]Hair Colour:[/b]

[b]Wing Colour:[/b]

[b]General Appearance:[/b] (Description only)

[b]Personality:[/b] (At least 5 sentences)

[b]History:[/b] (At least 6 sentences)

[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Relatives:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b][/font]

*If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Plot ideas are also welcome.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Place We Came From ((Fantasy/Science Fiction RP)) [O

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auroria on Fri May 18, 2012 2:21 am

"Howl with the wolves".
Name:Aurora

Sexuality: mainly straight but has bisexual tendencies.

Height:5' 4"

Eye Colour: silver with blue near the pupil

Hair Colour: black with many colored natural highlights

Wing Colour: At first glance, they seem to be white, but in all actuality, they shimmer with golds, blues, reds, violets, and many other colors once exposed to the sunlight. Perhaps they are best described as anti-raven white?

General Appearance: Her eyes are a pale silver tinged with blue, her skin a smooth ivory marred by a scar across her throat, ear to ear. She is quite petite, only about 5'4" and 115 lbs. Her hair is waist length, and jet black, shining with color in any light. A few edges near the bottom are frayed, as if either sheared by an unused hand or burned. Her voice is quiet, smooth, and rarely heard. (Description only)

Personality: Aurora is a very quiet girl, her smiles rarer than her words. She is hard to anger, and takes any insult. Although she may not seem like it, she is very vengeful though. Her beyond wicked mind and sharp instincts allow her to think clearly and coldly when angered. She rarely holds grudges, but when she does, her anger is as terrifying as a bear woken from hibernation.   (At least 5 sentences)

History: As a girl, Aurora was very sweet, talkative, and fun loving. She spent all day sitting with her adoptive mother out by the pond watching the skies. But, it was torn from her ruthlessly as she woke one day to the crunching in of a door as police stormed in. 
  The transport to the foster home was all she remembered of that time, and she learned within weeks of her placement that the woman who now had her only wanted the check she garnered from the young girls predicament. She spent the next two years being told to be silent else she would have her tongue removed. And the one time she didn't comply, the man who was married to the foster mother attempted to go through with it, leaving Aurora scarred mentally for life. 
  After the foster parents were sent to prison for the death of a fellow placement, the girls only friend, Aurora was sent to a new home. A gentler, sweeter home of an 80 some year old woman who couldn't help but try to spoil the now seven year old adult. Aurora bloomed then, spending the next six years with the woman. She learned of herbs from her garden, found joy in drawing in the green house, and even surprised herself in her love of martial arts she practiced after school on behalf of Martha, her foster mother. 
  But, a lesson was to be learned on Aurora's 13th birthday. Nothing lasts forever. Certainly not to someone so broken inside as she. Returning home from her practice with her sensei, she was horrified at the red and blue lights glimmering in the night air, and of the covered body being hefted into the ambulance before her. Martha had passed away. 
  In a rush, Aurora was taken again into the system, and broken down for the next five years. Pain sharpened her mind, while the continual losses endeared kindness into her heart. She ran away from her last foster home three years later when the abuse became too much, and spent the next few weeks wandering the country side, alone and heart sick. If not for the kindness of very few people, Aurora would not have survived her way into her soon to be new home.  
(At least 6 sentences)

Skills: A good scrapper when it comes to it, draws with picture perfect clarity, and is able to distinguish energy signatures in the lights, harnessing them into her own purposes be it finding her way, realizing anothers emotional state, or seeing clearly in the dark. Rarely she can see the images of what has happened in the past, and if the image is held too long, she will weaken rapidly.

Relatives: No relatives that she knows of.

Other: Scared of human contact, but if someone were to get her to talk, and befriend her, she may open up more.

(( hope this is what you were looking for. ))
"Sometimes, all it takes to calm the beast, is a little patience."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Auroria
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Fri May 18, 2012 10:23 am

It is exactly what I am looking for. Accepted.

I'm going to wait to see if anyone will take a given character because they are important to the plot, so I'll start the RP when a few of them are taken.

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auroria on Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you. Also, if you would like I can play more than one character.

Auroria
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Fri May 18, 2012 12:00 pm

You can if you like. :)

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auroria on Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 pm

How about fire? Here, I'll try a few paragraphs.

Crossing her legs at the ankles, the young woman leaned her head against the trunk of the closest tree. Her hand brushed lazily down the coat of the pup she held, all the while a small smile adorned her lips. "It's so nice to see your coat coming in so well," she crooned to the youngling in her lap.
Sighing, she tilted her head up to the sky, her crimson hair flowing like silk down her shoulders. Annoyance wrinkled her brow, her anger cooling as she lay in the dappled shade, surrounded by the huffs and yips of the younger members of the wolf pack. "One of these days, I'll show him what it means to show off." Her comment merited a confused look from the young wolves around her.
"Oh, never mind it. Nothing with you guys," she replied to them, emphasizing her words with a few scratches behind the ears to a few of them.

Auroria
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 pm

You seem to have her down quite well, though as I said in the first post, I'd like at least two paragraphs. Although, you do seem to have her personality down so I'll accept it.

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auroria on Fri May 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Thank you ^^ Well I shall check back to see if there are others joining later.

Auroria
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Sun May 20, 2012 11:57 am

Hm... It appears no one else is going to join.... I really do need more RPers, though because those given characters are all important to the plot.

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auroria on Sun May 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Hmm... Let me wrangle my cousin and his friend up. They're looking for a new rp site and rp.

Auroria
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Mon May 21, 2012 12:33 am

Alright, that sounds good. I really need some more people here.

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoaGreena on Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Anybody else going to join??

GoaGreena
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!