Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Price of Paradise

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Price of Paradise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Data3 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Everything Has a price. Especially Paradise.

The end of the universe came, and when it did a new existence, a new reality was born. Humanity, or those who survived the end of their world, find themselves within a new paradise. Or rather, an old one.
Four hundred years before written records on earth, a race of beings calling themselves Aryans existed in the End Realm, a place where everything began, and ended, only to begin again. The end realm is a horizon-scape, existing in eternity in all directions. There are countless lands within it, all gathered into domains by powerful Aryans called Archons.
In truth, The Archons were the "gods" that the people of earth had known, and it was a hatred of them that drove them to escape the End Realm and enter the reality cycle. But, as beings of the End, humanity was drawn back, and now they are forced to either serve, or fight a losing war.
Or so it seemed, until a man calling himself Fate appeared before the beleaguered humans. He was an Archon of great power, but with a weary soul and a wish to cease the eternity he was. In exchange for the chance to become Archons, he asked that the humans destroy him. In order to do so they had to believe in the depths of their soul that he did not exist. It was a hard thing, as humanity had long had trouble using the power of their souls. In the end, they succeeded, and Fate burst into a shower of stars that fell over humanity.
Eons have passed, and children of man have been born with a star filled jewel instead of hearts: The Mark of the Archon. These beings cannot be slain by any other than Archons, and they wield great power. Their power is complete and total freedom. The power to go anywhere, be anything, and do everything.
It is into this perilous time which you have been thrust into the End Realm. Wars rage all around you, refugees from countless domains flee the destruction and chaos. Humanity and Aryan fight battles of such ferocity the very fabric of the realm ripples with their power. There are limitless possibilities and potentials in this eternal horizon, but you must survive to see them. You will need allies, and all across the domains there are those beings who existed within the reality cycle. Gather strong and loyal friends to your side, as you fight to survive the brutality of an eternal war. The fire of your soul must be strong, lest it be blown out and you cease to be. There are no more safe paths, tread carefully as you seek your future.
Will you fight defiantly against Gods or will you take mastery of your life.
Destiny awaits.

In this roleplay I hope to make a persistent world in which players can have characters that are timeless and eternal, yet still have the threat of death. Domains are like planets in the end realm, but as there is no edge to the horizon, and the end realm is not round, Domains are like nations of enormous size containing any variety of things. The 'Caeln Domain, for instance, comprises of a continent primarily covered in forests of varied density, with a large mountain range to the northwest that holds a peak known as Mt. Albit, atop which is a city in the shape of a ring around the peak in which live the Skarlen, a race of birdlike humanoids. The variety of this realm is a large part of it. The end realm can be thought of as the multiverse, but instead of all existences at once, it is rather the place that was before any existence.
Players can create characters from any race and any timeline, as time does not exist in the end realm, so people from the 1950s could arrive there at any moment, even after people from the 2000's. Because of this, alot of the roleplay's lore and story would depend on the players characters, so deeply fleshed out characters are a must.
I'll be writing up a baseline lore for it soon, to better flesh out areas outside of the Aryan/Human conflict.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Data3
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Price of Paradise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:31 pm

The ability to "be anything and do everything" is one that I would definitely want more details on, although it is pretty damn self-explanatory. I like your ambitious concept, and would wait to see if you had a particular story arc in mind at first, or if you were looking to have the characters drive it to begin.

I'll keep an eye out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:50 pm

It definitely sounds very intriguing, but I think it needs a fair deal of clarification and specificity regarding how exactly the End Realm works. It allows for endless possibilities, but surely there must be some mechanism to govern it?

frazzguy
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Data3 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am

There is a definite story arc, but it's more of a back ground thing that colors events that players collaborate with.

The End Realm is an oxymoron, because does not end. The Expanse is unlimited, because it is made bigger and bigger by the thoughts and emotions of those who exist in the universe. The End Realm is outside of the universe, called many things by many different people: Afterlife, Heaven, Hell, purgatory, and many others. Simply put, the End Realm is what existed before existence itself, it is the nothing from which light , darkness, life and all else came to be. The primordial change scape of dreams and thoughts. Within this realm existed the first beings, many of which were believed to be gods by those on earth. As years within the End Realm passed, these first merged with those that entered the realm from within the universe, and the blood of the first passed from all things. Some of the oldest races and creatures within the End realm still have the power of the first, and have the ability to become Archons. Newer races don't have this power because the blood of the first is not in them. Archons discovered this, and sought to build empires using the "lessers" as slaves and cheap workers. Not all Archons are like this, but the ones that are are the cause of the God war, the war that rages between the people of earth and the Archons. Humans never did like to be told what to do.

As for the End realm itself, it's existence depends on the dreams and thoughts of those within the universe to construct it. When you dream, the world you dream of is brought into being within the End Realm, and once you wake, it remains there.

Hope that clears some things up. I'll post an extensive back ground lore to one of the domains soon as I get it finished.

Data3
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zieke on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 pm

This sounds very interesting and I will be keeping an eye out for this aswell. I would also like more information on the limit of which races and such that exists within the "End Realm". (Are we talking Orcs, Elves and other medieval creatures or are you going as far as including all races that exists?)

- Chris

Zieke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 pm

That cleared things up for me pretty well. I am definitely interested, so count me in when it's ready to go.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Data3 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Domain: Llvan (il-vaan)
Primary Race: Acout (Humanoid pack predators, society based on tribal systems akin to native American tribes. Dedicated to "the Hunt".

Llvan was formed by the dreams of an Acoutian child called Sal'hasha, who wished for nothing more than the perfect hunt. It makes sense then that the Acout were the first race to inhabit this Domain. Llvan is separated into seven major territories controlled by the different tribes. Of those tribes, three are strongest: The Mal'heth, Sucana, and Ol'tan, meaning Dark hate, Tree herders, and All watchers. No archon has a claim to Llvan as of yet, and it is unlikely that anyone would want to take it for there own. The domain is filled with a limitless number of beasts and monsters from various nightmares of a thousand different lives. Those things that we all fear, the Acout thrive upon.
Currently the Mal'heth tribe is in greatest strength, a dark power flooding them since there birth. Long hated and feared by the other tribes, the Sucana seeks to gather it's strongest hunters to destroy it outright. The Ol'tan refuse to participate, saying "Though their hearts are dark and their ways malicious, what right do we have to destroy them and their memory". Indeed the Acout seek to destroy the Mal'heth tribe outright, which has forced the Acoutians to seek help from outside sources. They do not trust just anyone to hunt with them however, one must prove they're ferocious and relentless, else they will only be seen as weak.
Only adding to the problem is a recent incursing by The Far, one of the larger pirate fleets haunting the EndRealm. Rumor has it that a child of an important, powerful, and influential Warder has joined up with these pirates, and that he would give anything to have her returned to him.

Now to the questions so far:

On the issue of Races. Anything you can imagine can be a part of the endrealm, but It must be approved first.

Also, this RP will have a quest system as well as levels, only because you can't expect to go to a domain and not have danger: if your not strong enough to defend yourself, then you don't want to go there. Also as some of the creatures and powers that be in this RP will be pretty outlandish and, well, powerful, I want to make it so you can work to a point of power, to a moment when you can turn to teh guy who's been riding your back the whole way and say "This ends here"

Oh and on Wardens. Because Archons aren't actually All powerful and omniscient, they do have some people who, after earning there favor, keep watch and control over parts of their domain. There are usually four types of wardens, not because of an accepted system, but because it's alot easier to keep simple, both for the archons and for me. You have Wardens of Wealth, your basic money watchers and merchant regulators, anything that has to do with trade or service or anything that is of exchangable worth is there business. Wardens of War, as the name suggests, they are in charge of the guard, but also in charge of executions, justice, law, training, combat, sport, hunting, entertainment, and anything else which requires action and activity. Wardens of Word, information, news, foreign affairs, translation, education, and anything to do with intelligence. And then Wardens of Wardens, the watchers of the watchers. They punish those who are beyond punishing.

Data3
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Data3 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Character build system

Power: Governs physical actions and influences use of magical or extraordinary abilities. Determines Soul for Warrior type characters.

Wisdom: Governs mental abilities and magical/extraordinary powers. Influences weapon and armor use. Determines Soul for Wizard type characters.

Courage: Governs social abilities and charisma. Influences power and wisdom slightly. Determines soul for Rogue type characters.

Soul is like mana in that it is needed to use abilities learned by characters. It is not a resource but a marker: If you have enough soul to do something you can do it as often as is reasonable. Abilities can be created by players but must be approved by Moderators or DMs.

Three Archtype classes are Wizard, Warrior, Rogue. Within those archtypes are the main Class types.

Warrior
Knight: Heavily armed and armored, the soldier who never sleeps, rests, or stops until his task is done.
Berserker: A rage filled warrior with no pity or remorse, the only sure way to stop him is to kill him.
Hero: Inspiring his allies and protecting his friends, the Hero wields the strength of the ancestors.
Wizard
Sorcerer: specializes in elemental combat spells such as fire, wind, and earth.
Arcanist: Manipulates energy to summon constructs, open portals, and use telekineses.
Druid: Uses the power of nature to transform, summon faeforms, and control storms.
Rogue
Thief: Keeps to the shadows to steal without notice, able to construct useful devices and gadgets on the move, and scales high structures effortlessly.
Strider: A master strategist who fights with traps, tricks, and range*. Capable of wading through battles with impunity.
Bard: A musician and story teller, and handy with bombs, potions, and traps. Able to produce decoys and illusions to trick and confuse.

*Ranged weapons can be guns** or bows.
**The range of a gun decreases with it's speed. Automatics can hit hard and fast, but only from within a few feet, beyond that the energy of the end realm assimilates that of the bullet.

Characters created can vary from the main classes, but cannot deviate from arch types. A rogue is a rogue, a wizard a wizard, and a warrior a warrior.

Races are free reign, but racial abilities are limited to three and must be approved.

Data3
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm still interested, hope this pans out.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Data3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 pm

I've still got like fifty bajillion places to write up, to make this go smoother I wouldn't mind having some people give me a hand.

I'm going to need moderators and Dms to begin with. I'd also like for some people who are more of the creative type to go ahead and type up in here they're creation.

I'm thinking the first ten people to apply can become Archons in charge of domains of their own creation, and also be moderators.

I'd love to get this roleplay set up and started right this very moment, but I also want it to be stable and have a strong start, so that it won't just fizz out in four or five weeks.

Data3
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:42 pm

By creation you mean domain? I will try to type something up tomorrow and post it here.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Data3 on Sat May 11, 2013 9:26 am

still alive. too tired to post

Data3
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!