Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Purification "The story of Nagai"

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Purification "The story of Nagai"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:37 am

(This forum does not need a background story or anything if you do not want to provide it. I want this to be a pretty easy RP to pick up and go though. There is really no limit to your story or what your motives are. I want this to be very open and very free. So please join!)

In the land of Midrew, one only knows the way of the sword. The way one holds their weapon is the way one holds their very soul. This is a land not ruled by the boundaries of what most would call "civilization." No, it is a land ruled by chaos and despair. It only knows of hurt, anger, greed and intents of the heart that would sicken the purest of heart to an untimely death. There is no rime or reason to what happens in this land. Midrew only knows pain and sorrow. Those who wield swords or produce magic are the only ones with any hope for survival. There is no hope for salvation anymore, only an oh so human desire to endure.
{Midrew is a large continent set in sort of a mid evil setting. There are a few towns and places with the occasional castle, but it is more savage than that. Ever since the "war of ages" occurred 100 years ago, people rape, kill and steal to get what they want.}

*Now to the RP*
A tall red haired man carrying a longsword can be seen walking in the whispering forest. It is a deep and silent place where many tall tails had emerged. Not many have ever made it out alive and those who did were scared for life with memories of things that would make most men cry. The trees grew for what seemed to be miles and they covered almost any form of light that attempted to come down.

Nagai had never walked in this forest before. He knew of the stories, but he did not care. He cocked his head a little to get his large mass of hair out of his eyes. His muscles tightened and his red eyes seemed like glowing jewels in this dark. His mission and his ambition remained the same as always. He had one thought in mind and one thought only. "purification.."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nagai
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: The Purification "The story of Nagai"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:23 am

*Are nymphs allowed?*

Where those rubies? The nymph, Echo, dropped what she was doing. Red orbs shown in the dark like jewels. Jewels that she needed to break her curse. If these proved to be rubies then she would only have to find an opal.

"One of each jewel." That's what the witch who had cursed her had said. "You will give me one of each kind of jewel. Then you will be human again."

The nymph had to admit that not being human wasn't bad. Living here in the forest she was basically safe from all of the outside dangers. So she only had to worry about the ones here. And there were many. Werewolves, rogue vampires, tree leeches, carnivorous plants, and many other things lurked here. Thankfully, nymph's had very keen senses but they really had nothing to defend themselves with. That was why when she ran into the strange man and saw that the "jewels" were his eyes she backpedaled clumsily and fell on her back. Surely, she was going to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

natno
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 am

*Yep, anything you wish*

Nagai seemed a bit startled for a split second, but it was soon overcome with an alertness that called him to point his sword at the creature. His sword had a slight red glow to it as the blade could be seen to have rubies that had the same shine as his eyes. The glow started to reveal his attire. he was dressed in white clothes with strange silver designs that seemed to make very little sense. The silver erupted into a red dragon on the front of his shirt, mostly covered by a large white robe.
Nagai only gave a stern look as a small breeze blew by, revealing the scar on his forehead that his long red hair covered.

"who are you and what is your purpose....speak now for my patience is thin."

Nagai said with a cold voice that would chill even the warmest of moods. He looked as if none a shred of emotion had ever touched his face.

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:26 pm

"Echo, the cursed nymph. I thought that your eyes were well-" she paused. The truth seemed foolish now that she was about to voice it aloud, "rubies. It's silly but to break my curse I'm required to find a ruby and an opal."

She shrank back from the blade but didn't move past that. She wanted to raise an arm to protect her face but pride prevented it. The nymph's dark hair fell into her face so that only one of her eyes was hidden. Something inside of her very similar to an instinct rose up. What was this stranger doing here? She was a forest nymph and this was her forest. If he'd come to harm it...The nymph felt something in her mouth. She moved her tongue over her teeth to find that her canine teeth had become deadly points. But there was something else as well...she felt as if she run faster than a hawk could fly or climb to the top of the highest tree in seconds. Perhaps, she'd been wrong before. Maybe nymphs did have a way to defend themselves.

"And you-you stranger to this land. What are you doing here? If you have come to harm the forest you will have her servant to answer to." Her voice was proud but not defiant. She was still at the end of this man's sword.

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Laughing MAN on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:02 pm

((I guess ill just jump in. Looks like fun.))

A tall old man in a dark cloak holding a black book in one hand and a vial of a dark liquid in the other studies a lake. This lake contains the drinking water of the entire population of a nearby village. "Hehehe... Theyved had it too good for too long... It's time to... disrupt the natural order of things around here..... After all whats a few small casualtys if it leads to a much bigger loss of life..." He smiles and uncorks the vial
I thought what i'd do is i'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Let the Story Unfold (Elemental RP)

http://wwww.mogulus.com/temppurple

The Laughing MAN
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Nagai sheathed his sword as he realized who this little one was. He squinted with disgust and turned around. He took a few large commanding steps and then turned back to her. He could see the slight determination in her eyes. A small crack (almost smile-like) came to his lips. As if he found this funny.
He turned back again and continued walking away from the nymph.
"Move along" he said as he walked away from her. He made a motion with his hand as he proceeded to walk away.

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 am

"No." The word came from Echo's lips boldly and she was surprised by this new courage. She straightened up to her full height but was still about an inch shorter than the human. She trotted to his side and began to walk. "You still have not stated your purpose in this forest and if it is found to be of mal-content you shall be dealt with. Maybe not by me for I am not a natural born nymph...but there are others here willing to defend their home." She smirked, "What say you to that, oh, 'Wise Warrior'?" The nymph in reality didn't know what this man was but the sword and the way he handled it showed her he was no babe when it came to fighting.

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:48 pm

He turned again to her. Annoyance and a slight bit of anger arose in him now. This nymph was not going to give up until she had an answer.
"I have no intention of harming your...forest." He finally said.
"You want to protect your home? From what? " He asked.
"Do you have any realization as to what goes on the outside? This is nothing but a shortcut for me. " His left brow started to rise.
"Watch all you know shatter and die in front of your very eyes. Force yourself to watch babes killed, women raped and men slaughtered by the hundreds, knowing you could do nothing!"
His voice became louder and more commanding.
"This world is crumbling...dying! And the only thing to do now is to eradicate any hint of the old in order to bring in the new. To purify this land of all those who wish to do it harm. Only by death of the old...can a new life be brought in!" He turned around again as he started to walk away.
"If you are scared of what I may do do your precious forest...I will tell you now that I intend to do nothing. But I would burn it down in a heartbeat if it meant that I could kill even one of those who has caused the decay in midrew."
He showed no fear as he continued walking. Only to turn his head for a moment.
"and I dare anyone to try and stop me."

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Echo felt her newly found power fading away and her voice became softer. For a moment she'd never been human. But she could remember now. Remember laughing as a little girl playing in the wheat fields with her brother. "The outside..." she whispered, "What has happened to the outside world? My home is out there," she pointed to the south from where he'd come. After many years of being a nymph where she couldn't decide what she was, ethereal being or human, Echo was finding a blend. To save the outside world would save her forest. She could see that. If the evils out there were as great as this red haired man said her home-her current home was in danger. Her real home was probably gone if what he'd said was true. "Good sir, I misjudged you. Forgive me. And despite the contradictions that you make I will accompany you to wherever your destination is. You'll see that I'll prove to be an invaluable guide." Echo wasn't sure why she was doing this. The girl seemed to float by the man, her feet making no sound on the dead, dry leaves.

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Nagai felt that the nymph honestly did not know what had been going on.
"How long have you been here?" He asked in almost disgust.
"Ever since the war ended 100 years ago, everything has changed! Men of great evil have infected this land like a plague. They think that because all had been shaken that they can come in and reap the benefits of a hurting world. They rule by chaos and they have no mercy. Everything is but a game to these men!"
He said in anger.
"But you..." He started to calm down.
"I do not think you know what you are in for." He turned again.
"I think it would be best if you stayed here where you might be safe."

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Echo listened quietly to the man's story of the world outside of the woods. The world that she saw in her mind was consumed by flames and chaos. People screamed and mothers rocked their children in their laps. It would have brought tears to her eyes if nymphs could cry.

"I don't care about danger," she muttered, "I have been here for over a century and I haven't aged a day!" She stomped her foot, "I will help you save your world-my former world- and this world as well. I'm coming with you." She said the last sentence with absolute confidence.

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 pm

He smiled a little for whatever reason.
"Do not expect me to protect you."
Nagai was stern and cold. He felt that the eagerness of this nymph was going to get her killed. But he had learned not to care of such things. He was taught that life was cruel and hard. If she wanted to get herself in such danger, then that was her own choice.
"At least you have the right idea..."
He stopped because he never got the name of this creature.

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 pm

She wasn't the least bit surprised that he wasn't going to protect her. Why should he put himself in danger for her? It went against all laws (except that of the lichen) in the forest. He paused and she sensed that he was searching for her name, which she gladly offered up, "Echo. Named after one of the Nymphs of Old though her curse is not similar to mine. I was named for my singing voice. I was the echo of the nightingale." She didn't feel any pride in this fact. Her voice was a tool not a talent and like any tool she used it for working purposes mostly. "And your name is...?"
She was fairly sure that this stranger would not become her friend but she was eager to help him anyways. It wasn't too unnatural since the witch that had cursed her had warned Echo of nymph's tendacies. One of the most prominent of these was the fact the nymphs would find someone destined to help them. Usually, they found friends or companions to take them on quests (as was this case), and occasionally they found mates. Something Echo wasn't sure she wanted yet. Not that her choices were limited. As a Wood Nymph she could mate with any humanoid from Vampires to warlocks.

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:32 pm

After she said her name, he turned and tried to ignore the rest of the introduction. He felt that he might find this new one a bit of an aggravation for the remainder of his quest. However, more of those that are willing to fight might prove useful. He had no real knowledge of what a nymph was capable of.
He then realized she was staring at him, in order that he might say his name in return.
"Nagai..."
He said in coldly as he began walking again.
"you must realize that you will probably die on this journey. The light of heart and weak of skill have perished following me. "
His eyes squinted as if he had been stabbed.
"I am here to kill. That is my purpose....that is why I was born. To do the job that no one else has the guts to do. "
He turned his head to her with a strange excitement as his eyes widened to reveal a flame inside them.
"Purification."

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:41 am

Thoughts of death no longer scared Echo. She'd been living in this forest long enough to know that there was always something better than you out there and someday it (whatever it might be) might catch up to you. Of course, thinking of dying and almost dying were two different things. She'd seen that earlier when he'd almost killed her but she'd discovered her method of defense and knew that she could at least fight.

When he turned around she made almost no reaction. His eyes were like the flames she'd seen sweeping across her homeland. What was this? Nagai appeared to be human but Echo wasn't aware that humans could do things like that. Unless he was cursed...or he wasn't human at all. Maybe he was a warlock or a wizard. These eyes were not the rubies she'd seen earlier but were almost like the Pit of Iru where creatures of the light and fire gathered in the dark forest. The glow could be seen from miles away. It was beautiful.

"Then tell me, Nagai, where are we going."

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:08 am

He loved the questioned look that people gave him when his eyes flared like that. It was comforting for him to know that everyone knew very little of him. He let his excitement fade now as he looked forward. He heard her question and wondered if he really should tell her or continue to ignore this one.
"To the castle of Darpin on the west end of the forest..."
He cringed as he said it. He knew of who was there. He knew that it was going to be dangerous.
"The one who owns the castle there is a man by the name of Kazul. He is legend most everywhere as an immortal. He has been in countless battles, and had many wounds, but he always seems to come back alive." Nagai became somewhat quiet for a moment. It was as if he was thinking and putting the picture of Kazul in his head.
"He uses his reputation to strike fear into the hearts of any village, town or lone home that he invades and destroys. He has some vision of being king of the whole world and he will do it by any means necessary." Nagai Smiled again.
"And we are going to kill him..."

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Echo paused. Kazul. She doubted that anyone had not heard that name. Kazul was the fire itself. He swept across countries and left nothing but ash behind him. Echo had been there. She knew. She and her family had seen the remains of a village when they'd been looking for a new home. She considered herself a merciful creature but she wouldn't feel any remorse of that man died.
"How? I remember him from my human days so he must be immortal...how can you kill a god?" The nymph chewed her lip. She wasn't scared but she was doubtful. Even if they died at least they could say that they'd been brave enough to try. "And won't we need others to help? If an army couldn't kill him then how can we?"

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Nagai gave a howl of a laugh that echoed throughout the forest. He could feel his sides hurt as he laughed. He turned back to her and smiled.
"What's wrong? Don't tell me you are having second thoughts."
He put his hands on his hips and shook his head.
"If any doubt has arisen in your heart, I suggest you turn back now. This is a quest of impossibility." he stated bluntly.
"I have started death and hell in the face and I am still here. I have fought armies, legions...demons of every kind. The only way to deal with these people is by the same methods they chose to use on the weak and innocent."
He felt his sword hilt like it was part of his own soul.
"By striking fear into their hearts!" He said strongly.
"This Kazul is no immortal. Only a powerful foe who uses fear as his ally to destroy his enemies. It is a most powerful tool on those who cannot defend themselves. But my name has gone far and wide in these lands. They know me only as the red swordsman....the demon of the flame. And I will make them believe that hell itself has come to stop their acts. For even Lucifer himself shutters at the works of these men."

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby natno on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Echo looked at this man. She was in the presence of a warrior. A real life warrior. Words were momentarily taken out of her mouth as she stared at this man. Normally, she would've laughed at his claims of power and ability but she somehow knew this was true. He had done all of those things. The way he carried himself to his voice to the flames in his eyes told her. She knew that even if she found herself scared out of her mind she wouldn't leave this man to do this alone. She'd been bound to him.

Binding was an unwillful thing that happened to nymphs occasionally. She knew that they were Destined and she'd almost out of instinct bound herself to him. Now, no matter what she would have to stay with him. See him to the end of his quest. In turn along the way she knew she might feel some of the side effects which were always different. She was absolutely vapid. Now, she couldn't turn back even if she wanted to. At least Nagai wouldn't be able to tell what she'd done. She had a feeling he wouldn't be too kind about it.

"No. I'm not having any doubts what-so-ever," she muttered.

natno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nagai on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Nagai was not sure if she was telling the truth or not, but it did not matter to him.
"Good..." He said.
He took gentle steps away from her now.
"So.." He said as he continued his walk.
"What is the eaisest way to the to get to Darpin castle from here?"
There was a slight bit of trust in his words now.
"I assume that you would know the way better than...."
Nagai quickly looked to the right and then to the left. His eyes began to dart from side to side wildly.
"Hmmmm..." he seemed to be listening for something.

Nagai
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!