Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Space Oddity OOC

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

The Space Oddity OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:26 am

Plot/Setting

The Space Oddity is a large space station orbiting the planet Earth. It is a major spaceport for Earth so it gets alot of traffic from other planets. Earth became a major intergalatic superpower thanks to its ownership of galatic businesses.

The Space Oddity is used as a docking station. Most visitors come just to drop off trading goods or to dock the intergalatic ships and bored the planet entry ships. The station is also used as a hotel, workshop, and medic station for the passing travelers.

There is always something to do for the crew members of the Space Oddity. There is a club and bar aswell as other social areas but they area also on call for work at all times. The Space Oddity crew has there own sleeping quarters.

Races
Ok I'm going to use this site for alien races. They are Star Wars races so i take no credit and my new hope is George Lucas doesn't sue me. Here is the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Esse ... en_Species

You can also be human and any race you want to make up.

Roles

Ship Crew (Only one of each)

Captian: Kronos

Co-Captian: Thaumaturgy

Technician: PENGU

Navagator: KilroyWasHere

Medical Bay

Head Doctor: (Only one)

Specialized Doctors: (5 Specialized doctors)

General Doctors:

Head Nurse: (Only one)

Nurses:
Shasha
YamainuBrisingr

Hotel Crew

Owner: (Only one)

Cooks:

Maids:

Waitresses/Waiters:

Bar/Night Club Crew

Owner: (Only one)

Bartenders:

Waitresses/Waiters:
Mindscrew Min-Min

DJs:

(If there is any other roles you want just ask)

Profile Outline

Name:
Role:
Bio:
Description: (writen or pic)
Other:

Mine

Name: Shasha Wraight
Race: Human
Role: Nurse
Bio: Shasha was placed on the Space Oddity so she can become a better Nurse. Shasha wanted to become a nurse after she watched her parents die. She wanted to help people.
Description: Image
Last edited by shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shasha_wraight
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Space Oddity OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YamainuBrisingr on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 am

Name: Kitsaku Hirugana
Role: Nurse
Bio: Kitsaku was tired of her family so she wanted to get away, she goes to the Space Oddity where she thinks she can get a better learning experience as a Nurse.
Other: On her head, are white, solid cat ears. When she was younger they were installed, hoping they would help her hear better.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

YamainuBrisingr
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 am

Name: Captain, formerly Major Tom(as Wellington.)
Role: Captain
Bio: Born in the slums of New York, Tom grew up with a cold and cynical outlook on life. Only his militant parents and above-average intellect for a child of his socioeconomic status pushed him away from a horrible life. At the age of 19, he joined the air force and soon after became a test pilot. He left at the age of 25.

Tomas had a long and illustrious career after, starting with his job as a test pilot for Adzdant Industries. This ended during a test flight for Lockheed Global, transcribed as follows;

"Ground control to Major Tom, commencing countdown,."
"Check engines, ignition on."
"And make sure you take your protein pills."
"May god's love be with you."

"Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, we have ignition!"

"I'm stepping through the cabin door..."
"and I'm floating in a most peculiar way."
"The stars look different today, all hazy."
"Ah, here I am in my tin can, looking at the world."

"I'm past one hundred thousand miles already, over and out."
"I'm feeling very still... over..."
"I think my spaceship knows which way to go."
"Tell my wife I love her very much."

"She knows!"
"Ground control to Major Tom, your circuit's dead."
"Can you hear me, Major tom?"
"Can you hear me?"
"Can you hear me!"

[Black Box]

"Here I am, floating round' me tin can... planet earth out there is blue... nothing I can do."
"God I hate this job..."
"COMMENCING REENTRY SEQUENCE."
-silence, five minutes-
"Thermal Shielding Failing."
"Interior Framework Holding."
"Interior Framework Failing."
"Deploying Drag Thruster Chutes."
"Thank god! I'm out! Aaaah! Aaah! Oh god that hurts..."
"Uugh."

"Hey, get the paramedics, he's alive!"
"Take his legs, I'll stabilize his neck."

He survived, but it changed his outlook on life forever. He dropped out of the military-industrial complex and devoted himself to improving humanity - through unforeseen circumstances, he was rapidly promoted to Captain of the Space Oddity.

Description: A tall and pallid man with long blond hair. Despite his gangling appearance, Tomas is quite muscular - his body fat percentage is barely above 9% and he can light three times his body weight.
Other: Tomas has never heard of David Bowie.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:48 am

lol you both are accepted

shasha_wraight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:27 am

I love space. This looks fun.

Name: Yasmin Cartwright
Race: Half-Puoan. Her other half is human. (Puoans descend from the planet Puo and are humanoid in appeaance, on an average a head shorter than humans, and completely monochrime in color. Their whole world looks more or less like a black and white movie. They are an industrial people who depend on imports of agricultural products from other planets. They are compatible for breeding with most other humanoid species.)
Role: Bar waitress
Bio: Yasmin was born on Earth to Jakob Cartwright, the owner of a Chinese restaurant, and L'Qishna, a stranded Puoan prostitute sold into the business by a corrupt band of humanoid-traffickers. The woman died in childbirth, leaving Jakob heartbroken--he really had loved her and wanted to free her from her degrading life. Anyway, he was now stuck with the kid, so he raised her to know the restaurant business better than the back of her hand. She became a successful restaurateur before she was even out of school, but her business was shut down after it was discovered that she allowed dangerous-alien-substance-eating contests to be carried out in the back of her restaurant (and even watched on as a spectator from time to time). After losing her business, she came to the Space Oddity, hoping to start life anew as a bar waitress, where at least she'd be working in the beloved food-and-drink-service industry.
She is about 5'1" and has a slim build, but usually wears high-heels to appear closer to average human height.
Other: She loves opera and is an in-the-closet fat admirer.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:32 am

Love your character! Your accepted!

shasha_wraight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:00 am

I am entering just because Kronos received cool points for his post, and I want some to rub off on me:

Name: Gerald Farrikson
Role: Navigator
Bio: Gerald lived in New England, born to a Swedish couple. He eventually started working on programming the nav units on ships. Eventually, he got to know them inside and out. He was offered a job on the Space Oddity.
Description: Gelled-back blonde hair. Blue eyes. Pale, with a large nose. Square jaw. About 5"9 and slightly underweight.
Other: Finds it amusing that the Captain has never heard of Bowie and is debating whether or not to find a copy and play it over the ship's PA.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:41 am

Welcome and thanks for joining

shasha_wraight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thaumaturgy on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Name: William Brown
Race: Lorrdian
Role: Co-Captain or First Officer
Bio: William loved being a lorrdian. You looked no different than humans, but it came with a power. At a young age he became fluent in kinetic communication and he loved having an insight into other people's thoughts. By ten years old, he could reveal liars, manipulate his teachers and nearly read minds. Eventually, William manipulated his way into the First Officer position making his superiors pass over more experienced and all around better candidates. It was his proudest achievement.
Description: Medium height and weight, William is an uncommon person in a common body. He is easily forgettable with soft hands and features. He seems much sweeter than he is. He has plain brown hair and gentle brown eyes. You'd never guess the idea in your head wasn't originally yours.
Other: William is an okay mimic as a lorrdian and a great one as a human. Many inexpressive and stoic people are immune to his readings. I was hoping for him too be at odds with the captain due to his deceptive nature. They will both pretend to be friends but hate each other behind their backs.

Thaumaturgy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PENGU on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Name:Pengu The Drunk
Race:Human
Role:Technician
Bio:Pengu is usual drunk that is found in the bars, just sitting there at the bar gulping down mountains of beer. Pengu is usually always seen with his cane, the can is actually a sword. Most people enjoy having Pengu around, and others despise his very fiber of his body. He is the technician, he smart man, but when he drinks then he works in trinkets and devices. The cane he carries with him he uses for walking,fighting and also fixing certain and stubborn engines.Shikomizue ("prepared cane") is a Japanese concealed sword disguised as a cane or walking stick, similar to the sword stick.
Other:He will look exactly like the picture,robes and all

PENGU
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Welcome, both of you

shasha_wraight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PENGU on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Let me know when I can post.

PENGU
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shasha_wraight on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:27 pm

You can start posting at any time

shasha_wraight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thaumaturgy on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:08 pm

I posted. Kronos, do your care if our characters dislike each other?

Thaumaturgy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Where's the IC? D:

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 am

Not at all.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PENGU on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:32 pm

I agree where is the IC?

PENGU
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thaumaturgy on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:37 pm

The IC

I just typed the Space Oddity in the top-right search box.

Thaumaturgy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolfchild on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:43 am

Name: Virgo
Race: Space-Angel
Role: Maid
Bio: Virgo, named due to being born in that constallation, is a space-angel, an etherial being who lives in space, appearing to be a kind of glowing bird in the sky. However, due to getting lost in a storm which hit the Space Oddity she accidently got pushed through the ship's mainframe and into a human body. With no way of returning to her own kind, she stayed on the ship and got a job as a maid. She is quite a good maid, always willing to help, but there are many things she does not understand and she has trouble adjusting to the life of a human. Secretly, she is always wishing to go home to her family in the stars.
Other: She struggles with typical human problems, specifically breathing and pain, as she is unused to them. Also, her sweet and innocent nature can make her naturally appealing to guys. She has a great knowledge of space and although she is just a maid, she is the best person to ask about dangerous terrain and often has people asking her advice when they are getting ready to leave Space Oddity.
If we fear the dark but the light can kill us then where can we turn?

angelwolfchild
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 20thCenturyBoy on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:17 am

Is there still room to join? Because this is brilliant!
"Oow
Friends say it's fine, friends say it's good
Ev'rybody says it's just like Rock and Roll
I move like a cat, charge like a ram
Sting like a bee, babe I wanna be your man
Well it's plain to see you were meant for me, yeah
I'm your boy, your 20th century toy

-T. Rex, "20th Century Boy."

20thCenturyBoy
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!