Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On The Summoninge of Entitae Malefic (How not to do it)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: On The Summoninge of Entitae Malefic (How not to do it)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:02 am

"Alright friend, I suppose you could travel the last bit with me," said Kaine. Cautious, Kaine allowed Tom to get ahead of him before starting down the road. He seems like a harmless sort, thought Kaine, and if he isn't...well, that's what this is for. Patting Demon Bane to ease his nerves, Kaine walked on.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:09 am

Tom chuckled at Kaine's obvious caution. "No need to worry 'bout me, neighbor. I ain't got the vicious turn of the soul ye need for murder. Let me tell you though, it's odd. Ol' Winhab's never looked for help before. Matter 'o fact, how he keeps his staff employed's a mystery 'round these parts. He's never hired no one, not in memory."

While the distance they had put between themselves and the town was not all that great, it seemed to be getting gradually colder as they moved north. Tom smiled up at the sky, which was growing gradually more cloudy.

"Word 'o advice for ye. Winstrom Manor ain't got no walls, as Winstrom Vale's a focus o' magical powers. Tha's why the only types you get up there are scholars and mages who are really wanna-be scholars. But anyway, this power concentrates, see, and it gets colder than it should. Don't never try to sleep outside at night in Winstrom Vale. After sundown, no fire which don't have a roof over it stays lit."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:16 am

"Thanks for your words of wisdom, I'll keep them in mind." Kaine smiled, and relaxed his grip on Demon Bane. Settling into an even rhythm, Kaine and his companion quickly arrived at their destination. Walking up to the door, Kaine knocked resoundingly. "Anybody in there?" he said jestingly.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:23 am

Winstrom Manor was located directly inside the vale. Winstrom Vale itself, convienently enough, was demarcated by four low mountains which formed a rough circle around the lands. Several small brooks abutted the road leading south from the vale, and in the middle of these, the Manor had been built.

The manor was a very stately looking building, a remarkably cosmopolitan shift from the rude keeps of the south. It had quite a number of windows, all of which were high-quality glass, and it formed a large square, three stories high, about a central tower. The door was twelve feet tall, made of some dark wood, and had an extremely imposing rune carved into it.

"Hallo the doorstep!" Came a voice from above. On a balcony to the right, a man in a trim uniform was standing. Behind him were two armored guards, hefting bows. "I am Sir Lavic, captain of the Guards of Winstrom. State your business!"

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:34 am

"Hail, Sir Lavic! Could I possibly see your esteemed Lord?" said Kaine, jesting, as always. "I hear he has need of one such as myself." He paused for a moment. "Oh, and um, my companion is here to..." He turned to Tom. "What exactly are you here for, anyway?"

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:39 am

"Oh, you know why we're here, Lavic!" Tom shouted, "We want in on his lordship's offer."

The captain squinted. "Tom? Tom Oakenspar? I never thought you'd have this kind of timerity! Alright. I'll get the door opened."

Lavic vanished back inside, leaving the guards to stare accusingly at the two. A moment later, the gates opened inward, revealing Lavic, who bore a shortsword openly. "Alright. You two can go on and see his lordship. He's in the Purple Hall. Second door to the left. Don't make trouble, or I'll take it out of your hide. Got it? Good. Get on with you."

Lavic walked back down a side hallway, ending his diatribe in a pre-emptory fashion.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 am

Kaine walked toward the Purple Hall, his pace quickening with every step. Anxious to finally meet his riches, er... the Lord of the Manor, he opened the door. "Good morning, your Lordship," he said brazenly, "I trust we find you well? Or perhaps not, seeing as how you requested the aid of ones such as ourselves. Either way, how can we be of service?"

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:56 am

As Kaine pushed in the door, he realized that Lord Winhab was already speaking... but not to anyone.

"Fah!" The old man exclaimed, peering intently at the air in front of him, "What's that supposed to mean? I know, I know, but there was nothing he could have done! Oh, you're not objective. Yes, that's right, you're too objective to be objective. Listen, my grandfather... mmm? Guests?"

The old man was standing at the other end of the long all, which extended upwards the full three stories. Azure blue and deep purple orbs of glass were set into all of the walls at irregular intervals, and each pulsed wildly with a bit of inner radience. Each orb was connected to another nearby by some sort of copper design, and pulses ran up that. When they reached the spheres set at the top of the wall, they speared out as beams of light, only to be absorbed into the base of a huge glass pyramid, inverted so that it was affixted to the ceiling, pointing downwards. It kept the well-furnished room awash in purple radience, at once explaining the name.

Lord Winhab walked around a small charred patch of the carpet, walking up to Kaine with the aid of his long walking stick.

"A smartmouth, eh? Don't give me any backtalk, boy. I'm paying quite a bit. Let me have a look at you." Lord Winhab glared hard at Kaine, looking him up and down, his eyes gleaming in the radient light of the room. "Feh. I suppose you're all I get to work with. Very well. You two can bunk in the servant's ward, wherever there's room. You're to report to Lavic in the library as soon as you've unpacked. And if any of those bloody students asks after me, tell them I'm dead. The look of consternation should be priceless. You have questions? If not, get on. I'm not getting any younger."

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:05 am

Kaine strolled over to his room, beaming at the thought of the money soon to come his way. Kaine quickly slung off his small pack, placing Demon Bane and his leather cloak on top of it. With a look of satisfaction, he turned, walked out the door, and began the trek towards the library.

Arriving at his destination, he saw Lavic in plain sight. "Hey there, its nice to occasionally see a face twice!" he said, "The lord told me to report to you. What're our orders?"

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Fayte woke up, donned his armor and weapons, and went downstairs to the innkeeper with his broadsword in hand "Where might I find Winstrom Manor?" Fayte said as he sheathed his sword with exaggerated force.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
GG Crono 4: For anything.
GG Crono 4: Ever.
GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 am

death woke up, stunned and laying on the ground outside of town. he got up slowly, aware of an aching pain throughout his body. he tryed to think of what had happened. and then it all came back with sickening clarity. it was that man. the man had lured him to the guard tower, and that mage had gotten him, knocked him out. shaking his head forcefully, he disspelled the last of the disorientation. the boy snifs the air around him, somewhat like a dog. but this was more accurate than just smell. he had spent years as a bounty hunter under one person or another, and fancied himself quite skilled at tracking people down. Since it was this man who caused him pain, it was this man who would have to pay. spinning slowly, he stopped, his face pointing almost in a line with winstrom manor, though he could not see it yet. the boys smiles widens, as he starts off down his own path. and the creature, smiles too....

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Captain Lavic nodded curtly to the two of them as they entered the room, gesturing for silence. He pointed to the opposite side of the library. There, at a bank of several long (if course) tables, a group of perhaps a dozen grey-robed men, fairly young, sat, pondering over tomes.

"Those are the mage students. The Board of Review has dispatched them to the house, and they claim it is to take care of his Lordship. It is not. They simply desire his secrets. Like leeches, they intend to bleed him dry. Anything they ask of you, you will confirm with me first. Be civil, but not overly helpful."

"Now then, here's your first task. Perhaps you noticed the assorted arcania in the Purple Room. That is the Nexus Chamber- where the energy of the Vale is gathered to be exploited. By and large, this is done by the principles of metamorphic resonance- the other halves of the spheres in there are placed in leyline intersections throughout the valleys, and transfer power back to that chamber. Of late, several odd disruptions have been noted. You are to locate a shale tablet, precisely one meter square. This tablet, the Monitor Square, has the magical diagnostics of the entire system."

"It should be located in the third storage silo, marked with a number three, at the opposite end of the vale. Stick to the roads- there are points of danger in the vale which are bypassed quite nicely by these pathways."

"Eh?" asked the inkeeper, suprised, "You too? Certainly some interest in Lord Winhab's offer, isn't there?"

The man looked Fayte up and down, then shrugged. "Well, I guess you're strong enough for whatever that old crumudgeon has in mind. Out the door of the tavern, go straight to the north gate and keep to the road. You'll end up at the Vale if you keep on 'eading north."

Tristefan, eager to redeem his lost fortunes, had taken quickly to the road- but not too quickly. The grass got shorter as he moved away from the town, and he had harvested quite a bit of it. Even as he walked, his fingers flew, weaving runes from the stalks, creating the effigies he would require if the thing came back. Or even if it didn't.

After all, something must be considerably in the wrong for such a huge bounty to be offered. Just what WAS going on at Winstrom Vale?

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:36 pm

"Right then, I'll just be fetching my equipment again, and then I'll be on my way," said Kaine. Seems a waste to unpack if you're just gonna be sent back out again, he thought. Ah well, money is money, and this money is very good indeed. At this, Kaine turned and walked back out the library door. Hurrying back to his room, he threw on his cloak and reslung Demon Bane on his back. Satisfied, he jogged out to the main door, slipped through, and hurried his way on to the storage shack.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

"Thanks." Fayte said as he walked out the door and took the path winding it's way up to the Manor, hopefully. Fayte shrugged and started to walk.

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Oakenspar met Kaine in the courtyard, rather less prepared looking- he had shunned his packs, and bore only a sword and a long, rude spear. "Hah!" He barked as Kaine caught up with him, "You're looking overprepared. They've got little one-room guard buildings every few miles in Winstrom Vale, and Lavic's always stern on keeping 'em full. I 'spect we can just turn in at one of those if it gets too late."

Tom pointed at the sky. "You see that? Sun's setting. When the stars come out, be sure that you ain't outside. We ought to be able to get maybe halfway 'cross the Vale, then turn in. We can get it and get back on the morrow. Hey-up."

Oakenspar called something incoherent back out at the manor, and a man came around the house a moment later, leading two horses. The horses were fully saddled and bridled, so Oakenspar let the man help him up onto a mount, and headed off at a canter, confident as anything on four legs.

Again, as Fayte headed up the rude dirt road, he noticed that he was not alone. Several rudely clad men were talking with an enormously old woman, several dozen yards off the road. They were all gesticulating wildly, and laughing loudly.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Fayte noticed the group of people and continued walking on, paying them no further attention.

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:49 pm

"Hey, wait up!" Kaine yelled at Tom, who was rapidly gaining distance on him. I suppose I'll have to ride this, then, he thought. At least its not anything exotic. Kaine quickly mounted the horse, swinging his leg over the side and getting a firm grip on the bridle. "Thanks for the horses," he said to the man, "but I really must be off." With a yell and a crack of the reins, he was on his way.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:08 pm

In the interest of time, Fayte soon found himself approaching Winstrom Manor, right behind another traveller. The manor was located up against the side of one of the low mountains, and with the sun nearly completely sunk over the horizion, it was just possible to make out the random stirrings of light caused by arcane ripples.

Oakenspar led Kaine up the road, which ascended slightly as they moved. Rather quickly, they entered a dark, wooded region, though it seemed that there were no game trails anywhere nearby. After a few short hours, Tom led Kaine off to the right, and they quickly came upon a rather solid-looking stone building, a perfect cube with a rough wooden door and an elaborate smoke-dispersal structure.

"Here, we're gonna just stay here for the night. There ought to be wood and flint inside, and probably salted meat. We should have no..."

Tom broke off as a light suddenly blossomed on the horizon- a sickly green radience, visible through the trees, which shifted slowly as Kaine peered at it.

"Reaper's breath, it's gotten bigger. Comeon, let's get in."

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Kaine lept off his horse and, tugging at the reigns, managed to get it into the stable. "What the hell is that, Tom?" he said, opening the door to let them both inside, "Is it some sort of ghost, or demon, or something?" Slamming the door behind them, Kaine relaxed and waited for an answer.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Tom shot a look back at Kaine, and it was nothing like the dismissive and jovial assessments he'd made before. This time, Oakenspar was suprised, and his glance was sharp and measuring.

"For all I know, it's just a glow. I'm surpised, however, that you've noticed it. Thus far, only one other person besides yours truely has even noticed it." The man's face grew dark. "I've had a good look around, but it seems to be coming from the Pothiode graveyard site, and that's guarded at all times. Winhab's familiy, I'm afraid, has always been of the opinion that you can take it with you, and there's a number of valuable objects they've got stashed in there. You'll get a better look at it tommorow- it's right next to storage silo three."

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!