Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On The Summoninge of Entitae Malefic (How not to do it)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.
Fayte knocked on the door with the hilt of his sword and waited for a reply.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
GG Crono 4: For anything.
GG Crono 4: Ever.
GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: On The Summoninge of Entitae Malefic (How not to do it)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm

"Right then, we'll see what this thing is tomorrow then," said Kaine. With that, he unslung Demon Bane and removed his cloak. "Where do you think they keep the food around here?" he said, rummaging through the surrounding cupboards and drawers. "I don't want to talk any more about whatever that was until after I've had a decent meal!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:43 pm

As had happened with Tom and Kaine, several guards peered out of a balcony at once. This time, however, they didn't shout a single challenge- instead, they simply glanced at the dark sky and called inside. At once, the door opened inwards, revealing a well-dressed servant of some kind.

"Good evening, sir. I am chamberlain Zekov. You are here about the master's bounty, no? Of course, of course. Do come in. Lord Winhab is in the purple hall. Simply take the second door on the left."

"Well," Tom told Kain, grinning, "Y'see, since these places can't be locked in case someone should get stuck outside, they didn't want no bears or outlaws sneaking in and nabbing the grub. Therefore, Winhab's dear ol gaffer had this little beauty put in."

Oakenspar walked over to one side of the room, seemingly no different from the rest, and scrabbled at the flor for a moment before catching hold of something. Slowly, he lifted up a large sheet which had somehow been perfectly affixed to the floor. As it came away, however, it revealed several sleeping rolls and a storage unit, where neither had been before.

"If there's one thing Winhab's familly never lacked for," Tom noted dryly, "It's magic."

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 pm

"Interesting," said Kaine, as he picked up the sheet, trying to decipher its mysteries. "Wonders just never cease, do they? I guess I'd better start making us some grub." At that, Kaine opened the storage unit and removed some salted meat. From his pack, Kaine pulled out some tinder, flint, and a knife. Setting down the tinder in the fireplace, he struck the flint with his knife, and a blazing fire erupted. "When you travel on your own, you get good at making a fire," he said, laughing. He then withdrew a pointed stick, which he stuck the meat on. Holding the stick over the fire, he said, "In a couple of minutes, I'll have a nice meal going for us. Say, do you think there's any spices in that container? I'm kinda busy over here, do you think you could check for me?"

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:01 pm

"Spices? I dunno if the old man would want 'te pay for all that. Then again, the meat might be a touch old, so the guards might have insisted... yeh, I'll check."

The jovial Tom began to poke about in the wooden box, muttering to himself. As such, he did not see the way everything outside the window seemed to freeze suddenly- then the peace shattered. A huge wind picked up outside, filling the house with noise, like the interior of a drum. Ice, beginning at the base of the trees, climbed slowly over everything outside.

Then it stopped, and the strange werelight outside died away.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Kaine paused for a moment. "Alright, now that was definitely a something," he said. "Winds like that don't just pop out of nowhere." Kaine removed the meat from the fire. "Let's just eat this now, I don't want to spice it if it's going to take all night just to find the stuff," he remarked. "Tomorrow, I'm going to find out what all that was." And maybe I'll get a chance to let Demon Bane live up to its name, he thought.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

"Thank you." Fayte said as he brushed past the servant. He walked until he got to the door to the Purple Room and opened it.

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 am

the boy had been traveling in the shadows, slowly making his way but never losing his trail. when he got within site of the manor, he stopped. death knew of this place, and he didnt like it. there were few things he did like anymore. but he could tell, the man was definately in there. smileing, death stuck back in the woods that surronded the area, and hid himself in the shadows. He may be small, but he was patient, and it would not take long for them to come out. by then it would be just a matter of seperating them. his body twitched in anticipation. and smiling...he waited...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:11 pm

"Aye," Said Oakenspar, seeming truely troubled for the first time since Kaine had met him, "But ye do be sure to let me know aforehand, so that I can get ready to flee, eh? Well, let's eat and sleep. If we find this tablet thingydoodle, then we'll know about all 'o the magical disturbances nearby, eh? Wonder why ol Winhab keeps such a valuable artifact all the way out there, anyhow?"

Tom began to eat, smiling once more.

Inside the Purple Chamber- which was much the same as had been described before, filled with surging charges of magical power, and a strong feeling of... slumber- housed Lord Winhab, who was pacing from orb to orb, muttering.

"Eh, another?" The old mage turned and frowned at Fayte. "Ye've come to work too, eh? Well, it's too late this night for anything significant. Can't send you out now, dear me, no. Take a room in the servace quarters- ask the butler which one- and report to the library tommorow, so as my dear Lavic can tell you what to do. Understood? No questions? Hop to it!"

As the stars came out, death was suddenly assaulted. From the sky itself, a vast wave of eldritch power- unimaginably vast- smashed down to earth itself in the Vale. The winds blasted suddenly, hurling the boy-who-was-not-a-boy into several trees, which shattered from the icy cold. Which grew deeper- ice formed swiftly about death, seeking to climb his legs as though it were a living thing. He could feel something terrible and malevolent in the air.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:00 am

sin had took a book out of the library, and had been reading it ever since, using one of her dark orbs around her she could see what is in front of her while her eyes is focused on reading, she was heading back to her room, when she saw a man in dots walked past the corridor, curiously she eyed him for a few seconds before turning her attention back to the book. She reached her room pulled out the keys, opened the door, placed the book on the night stand, and headed off to the kitchen for her dinner erm supper, she lost track of time while she was in the library, missing dinner, her stomach was angrily growling as she make her way to the kitchen to see if any of the chefs were still awake...

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

"Thanks..." Fayte said. He walked towards the man who opened the front door, "Could you please show me to the service quarters?"

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:21 am

as sin creek open the kitchen door and popped her head in to see if anyone was there, yes, there were a few chefs cleaning up, when one of them noticed sin, "your here again? sin? now how many times was it this month already... at least 8 times I believe" said the young chef in black shaggy hair and red eyes, sin blushed a little and nodded "umm.. got any left for me? I'm really hungry..." asked sin as her stomach growled louder blushing even harder now for being embarrassed the young chef chuckled and waved his hand at sin "sure, knowing you for at lest 2 months now.. Can’t help it but save a serving for you when you didn't appear for meals, go wait outside I'll heat up the food for you" said the young chef as he turned around and made a waving indication for her to go back to the cafeteria, sin nodded closed the door behind her, she sat in one of the front rows while she played with her Dark eyes, rolling them over and over again while she waited for her meal. sin wouldn't mind what she is eating, even if it is leftovers, she's so hungry that she cannot go to sleep in an empty stomach.

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 pm

"Fine, I'll let you know when to turn tail and run," Kaine said jestingly, bringing a bite of food up to his mouth. "But you're right, it does seem odd that such a powerful artifact would be stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Do ya think that maybe Winhab isn't tellin' us everything?" He paused. "Ah well, this'll all be easier ta deal with in the morning." With that, Kaine finished up his meal and climbed onto a sleeping roll. "Night, Tom," he said, and then closed his eyes.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CaeCae on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Cate huslted past the large crowd, veil covering face. A large man bumped into her,"Wanna buy some jewlery for the Misus? Come with me... " She shook her head,"I'm sorry, but I'm a woman. And I have mister or Miss to speak of." Cate pulled the veil back up and disappeared back into the mob before he could grab her. The dusty old inn sign hung boldly above the street. With a sigh if relief, the woman open the door.
The room was alite by several candles, She took off her veil and hung it on the lonely coat rack. The inn keeper practicly attacked her."You are staying here?! You must be on your way to Winhab manor, I've heard of the riches in store.", the old man said cocking his head. Cate paid the inn keepr and went to her room. She sighed and laid on the bed,'I get a horse and ride to Windhab manor..." She drifted off to sleep, hand on hilt of the rapier at her side.

picture of meee!

CaeCae
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:21 pm

"Indeed." The Butler said, "Do follow me. Be sure to take careful note of our route- the Manor of Winstrom is an old house... a very old house. It is quite easy to become lost in the corridors, and I do not think you would like that. Nor be lost for long, if you take my meaning."

The butler fell silent once more as he lead Fayte through hallway after orb-lit hallway, the atmosphere buzzing with the badly-restrained pressure of enchantment. Twist, turn, back, forth.... "Here we are."

The Butler gestured at a door bearing a wooden plaque, numbered '32'. "This is your room. You have leave of the house, but take my advice seriously- do not enter Master Winhab's chambers. Do not enter any of the sitting rooms except the purple one during the night. Do not move towards any strange glows you see- and do not, never ever ever, go outside after dusk or before dawn. Good night." The man swept away.

Tom grunted at Kaine's flippiant remarks, but his breathing did not slow into the static rythem of the sleeper, nor did his eyes close for some time. He felt no need to answer that question.

He KNEW Winhab was hiding something.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Fayte got on the bed in his room and fell asleep quickly.

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:59 pm

"here ya go sin, wash the dishes like usual kay?" ordered the young chef as he looked at sin in her eyes before turning to leave, sin nodded and started on her supper, soup, a few veggies and some meat that was more then enough, finishing her meal she quickly washed the plates and bowls before setting them accordingly in the glassed cupboards, then quickly skipping past the long corridors and go into her room, she stayed up for about 2 hours in her room reading the book before she finally felt sleepy, casting the book aside on the night stand, she snuggled herself into the bed, between the blankets and the bed, she fell asleep in no time at all.

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 pm

Darkness was approaching as Arlynn rode up to the town on her gray horse. She had been looking for work a few towns back when she came across a sign in a tavern:

To all ye men of stout and good disposition, and womenfolk also...
'Workers of Odd Jobs required at Winstrom Vale. Bedding and Stables availible free for workers, and meals provided thrice daily. Take on these honorable tasks, and you shall have memories certain to last all your days, and wealth as well. One gold half crown to be distributed daily, and also one silver lion of hazard salary for dangerous work. Please apply with Lord Winhab at Winstrom Manor.

The offer intrigued Arlynn to say the least. She needed to make money to help her family, and to have a little adventure while she was at it. Which is why she found herself entering into this tiny village in search of a place to stay for the night. About halfway into the village, Arlynn came across an inn. She quckly dismounted and led her horse around the back to the stable. Once inside the Inn, she rented a room and settled down for the night.

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Kaine awoke when light shone upon the small shelter, shedding light on the living space. Seeing that Tom was still asleep, he decided not to wake him until after breakfast was ready. Quickly whipping up another fire, Kaine began cooking the meat. Leaving the meat near the fire, he rummaged through the container, finding a small container of pepper after much work. "Heh, I guess something is better than nothing," he remarked to himself, sprinkling the pepper on the meat, "Let's see if Tom notices." Deciding that Tom had now slept more than enough, Kaine gently shook him awake.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:07 pm

sin stood out of her room still yawning even after she washed up, she was still half awake... rubbing her eyes as she made a turn to the left towards the cafeteria for breakfast as she bumped into someone, and one of her dark eyes knocked into the guy's head causing him to fall backwards, 'thud' went the guy as sin opened her sleepy plagued eyes to take a closer as she inched her face closer to his, her vision was blurred for a while because she rubbed her eyes, before she realizing it was...... Lavic she abruptly got awaken by his presences with her face inches from his... she jumped backwards and chocked out a sorry with her face turning a bit pink. "Are you all right?" sin asked while looking at the man picking himself up...

sin sin
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!