Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Sword That Kills Gods

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Sword That Kills Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TamashaToko on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:49 am

She had been told, due to a lack of purpose, she had no right to exist. Therefore she had the right to make judgements upon their world if she survived.

An animal demi-god was the correct term to describe what Cetra was. One of them existed for every type of animal species. They all lived in harmony both protecting and representing nature all together. In order for the Gods to decide who was who all of the demi gods had been given an apperance resembling the animal they protected. Hence why she had the horns and wings of a dragon, so Odin and others like him who loved witnessing raging wars in the mortal world could easily pick her out from a crowd and command her to release a horde of dragons on whatever side he deemed unworthy.

The dragons had all died out.

She had no power nor reason to exist anymore, therefore she would be killed.

Or it could be the other way around...

Cetra's eyes went to the sheathed blade that laid upon the table in her dwelling.

The Intrinity was a precious sword kept by the highest powers in the world. It had no place being used in a minor war for human flesh it could not cut, but with one swipe it could end an immortal life. Only reason it was brought to Earth was so she could gather what was left of the dragon scales and create the sheath, for it was almost impossible for any normal materials to hold it's immense power.

Leaving it on Earth instead of it's Shrine back in the heavens had been a big mistake, for the reason no one had feared it until now was because only a human could weild it, and they did not exist in the heavens, but here they did.

"I won't be stalked any longer," Cetra said carrying the sword to her side.

It wouldn't be long before the other demi gods tried to hunt her down and the rid of her, so she would have to hurry. She wouldn't have long, but she figured she wouldn't need much time if she could just make it to a village. All she needed was a human who would obey her, if she could just find one then this sword could be put to good work, and all those who opposed her would return to nothingness.

With a few gentle glides, and rough battles with the creatures of the forest Cetra descended in a large garden in what seemed to be a heavily populated human area. Right away she began crawling on the ground and glancing at her many choices. Soon she would name the owner of the Intrinity, the God Killing Sword.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TamashaToko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Sword That Kills Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alero on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Great concept. I'm interested.
Human meat must taste horrible, otherwise more things would eat us.
Den morosca tarotho yonasca a yazec penthara, inalkodethe, ahruneus galtha!
When you think it's all become too much to handle, remember, just keep going!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alero
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Me too. :p

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TamashaToko on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 am

go ahead and join then, it's an open rp, just please keep all post at least two paragraphs long and be literate

TamashaToko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Sight is man's worst enemy, his worst tool, and his worst asset. Elrin walked along the road calmly, blade sheathed at his side, watching for anything unusual around the garden. Only one thing was odd about the man, he wore a blindfold over his eyes, he didn't prefer his normal sight believing that it taxed his other senses; making him just another guard. He served these people for most of his life time, which wasn't very long but it was enough to be trusted. He had served in wars where his life was risked and almost took, all he had to remind him of that was the large scar running down the side of his face.

He stopped moving, he had heard something, maybe an animal, but he did here something. The years of war had made him a bit paranoid and constantly on his guard, watching for the enemy to come and try to strike when peace seemed to have descended. He was wrong, of course, there was never peace and he realized this, he always knew this from his teacher's words that were passed onto him. 'Never trust thy silence or freedom, for they can be broken within the fraction of a second and strewn across a blood laden field where you were lead because of the promise of peace.'

He started walking towards were he heard the sound, left hand resting calmly on the blade at his side, ready for an attack to be made upon him.

[[If there's anything wrong with it, please tell me and I'll change it =3]]

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TamashaToko on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 am

Hmmmmmm, a soilder. Perfect. They risked their life for glory and acceptance, and a war againt the Gods would make his name go down in history rather than being just another pawn in a foolish mortal's struggle. She crept up behind him with a smirk, she wouldn't be surprised at all if she were sensed. Demi Gods had the human weaknesses of making sound and being seen, but he wouldn't think about attacking her when he heard everything she had to offer him.

"Your sword is that of a weakling," she laughed behind him, her voice giving away that she didn't do that too often, "tell me, who do you fight for? Your human rulers or the Gods above you that you pray too?"

This question mattered, for there were fanatics around who prayed to every god for every little thing. Asking one of them to slay war gods like Odin who were prayed to a lot in these times might be a bit too much for some, but luckily the numbers of believers had dwindled. Probably because though thousands prayed to Tritian for safe journey across the sea thousands perished from thick waves, and there were a number of gods who could have done something about the dying crops, but nothing was done.

Perhaps if someone had actaully prayed to her for once to spare the dragons the fate of extinction she could have struck a deal with mother nature, but usaully people's request for that was the opposite.

TamashaToko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:33 am

"The human rulers can burn in the deepest pits of oblivion and the gods can all suffer a fate worth than death. I used to pray to the gods until I was taught otherwise, the gods are the true evil behind the wars and behind the blood shed." He turned around and looked, well, at least he turned his attention to her since he couldn't see through his blindfold. "Shame the dragons died though, I liked seeing them around... But I never bothered to pray for them seeing as the gods don't exist, it's all a lie passed down by oracles who just want money and fame for their 'service' to society."

"As for what I fight for, I fight to protect my home and my people. I don't care for the nobles as I have already stated, I work for the people who run the city, from sewing clothes to running a tavern... They are who I protect, they are who I serve. I serve no man who sits on his throne barking orders, I serve no man who doesn't fight his own battles." At this moment his blade was unsheathed, looking it over for a moment he chuckled, shaking his head slowly. "All blades made by human hands are weak."

He sheathed it back at his side, shaking his head slowly. "Fighting for glory is a sin, fighting for the gods is a sin, fighting for anything but the will to protect your family and home is a sin... These are what he taught me... Now, my speech is over... Please, speak your mind."

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TamashaToko on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:27 pm

"The Gods are real, as is your speech against them," she spoke softly, even with his blind fold he realized who she was, but it mattered not. His senses only made him more valuable to her.

She did like his values though. Just to protect those around you? Why risk your life for someone else's cause. She'd never exactly risked her life, but she'd given it to Odin. Everytime he barked orders for her to release dragons upon the battlefield she smiled with glee to be of use by the gods, not even caring that those who gave her life were dying at a rapid number.

"You fight for others. That I can see, but what about self preservation, or perhaps to secure your own needs?"

Would he be the one? She asked herself this as she unsheathed the Intrinity. Would he be the one to weild it's powers and free her, or perhaps this was a mistake. Maybe he would see no need in fighting since it didn't affect those around him, and giving a mortal the blade on her word was risky for they could simply turn around and end her life. She had to be absoultey postive before offering the blade in exchange for services.

TamashaToko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 pm

"I'd wish nothing more than to kill those gods who have done this to my people, the dead crops, the plague upon us, and the deadly seas that they have set out onto. I fight to preserve this world, and you've drawn a weapon, a very powerful blade." He stepped forward a moment, the area he was in had went silent, as if everyone had disappeared from the area. "That blade... The aura to it, it is a powerful blade..." He shook his head slowly with a sigh, turning around for a moment to start walking away.

"If you were here to bestow that blade upon me, I do not deserve it; I have sinned against the dragons in the past." A smirk spread across the mans face as he turned around to look at her, arms crossed. "But if it would help me cleanse the sin I have done, I would take it up and follow your orders."

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:58 pm

"Oh the blade, everyone must live by the Blade..." He walked quietly towards them. "It isn't always an act of the Blade, there are more troubles and more power than a God killing Lance...." He spoke swiftly. His armor glistened in the area, a Dark Aura shrouding him. "You should already know who I am, if not, then you are too naive..." He jumped in the air, his dark wings letting him hover. "I am Kaiser.........the Dragon King....." He took his helmet off, showing his Dragon Form, his head was that of a Dragon, but his body of a Human, very interesting to most.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TamashaToko on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:50 am

"You are not a creature of nature therefore in no connection to me," Cetra's wings flapped to show she wouldn't be intimidating by such a pusedo lifeform. Any fight she got herself into wouldn't matter anyway for she was still immortal and therefore could stave off the attack.

Still, she didn't want to be interrupted, so she conveyed that thought of hers by turning her head back to the blind folded soilder. She smiled at him as she apporached, her fingers over the dragon scaled sheath she made.

"Animals die. That's nature. This war is about the God's horrible views. Odin forced my dragon's to attack the innocent and strike up wars, and then when they were turned on and wiped out he decided he has the right to kill me and the other Gods agree. I don't serve a purpose so I should die, who are they to judge my purpose. Just like you, because you don't serve your country a human king would probably say you don't have a purpose, but yet you've probably made a difference for countless lives. Weild this blade and you'll deliver that message."

She then smiled at the dragon king, "Try it out on him."

TamashaToko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 am

Slowly he took the blade from the woman, hand wrapped around the hilt as he turned to face Kaiser, drawing the blade slowly he smirked and allowed it to rest loosely in his right hand as his 'eyes' trailed up to the 'Dragon King'. "That's a fancy title you have there, but it means nothing more than that you are an arrogant moron who dares step foot in my home. In the place I grew up with that aura of yours, I request you leave before I have the mind to kill you."

Placing his left foot behind him and his right foot in front he stood still, blade held silently at his side as he prepared himself; never make the first attack. If he was the first to strike he would loose, his entire fighting style lost to the win if he made the first move, even if he had no real style he didn't attack first. He always learned the opponents way of fighting, their way of the blade.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!