Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle

The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle

a part of “The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle”, a fictional universe by aesir.

The benevolent god of the world of Retrea has been usurped as He slumbered. Now, a mysterious force is gathering strength and pulling strings to an unknown end. Journey with Mika, the Prophet of the Old God, on the search for answers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aesir on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aesir
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The War of Dieties; Part 1, The Oracle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 am

I'm interested in this and figured I should ask about the extent of the group's (eventual) traveling before I commit myself to some desert bandit or something that won't be involved at all.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lumana on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 am

I am definitely interested in an RP of this magnitude. I might want to play a predetermined character but we shall see. I will not be creating a character tonight because I need sleep and have two tests in the morning. I will talk to you tomorrow though.

By the way, Life that is the cutest avatar I've ever seen (and it was a good anime, plus my two favorite characters :3)

Lumana
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:37 am

Extremely interested:)
How big are you looking for this role play to be?

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mistletoeXholly on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:31 am

I'm very interested in Shae, i sent you a PM but I'm going to go ahead and start the CS sheet on her, and you can give me the other information you have on her later and I'll incorporate it into the sheet. This sounds like it's going to be fun, hope that we get lots of people.

mistletoeXholly
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aesir on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 am

Wow! I'm blown away by the amount of interest here overnight. Thanks, guys! Looks like my hard work paid off!

Lifecharacter: Where, precisely, the characters travel is actually completely up to the main PC group. The world I've created is basically an open forum. Answers to Mika's questions and other mysteries lie scattered all over the world, and it is the players' main goal to seek them out - if they choose! If they instead wish to hang around Cirrene for six months poking at toads with chocolate mints, then that is what they shall do! My job as GM will be merely to narrate what happens in the environment. And probably also to play Elsy - I don't know if anyone else would enjoy playing a practical mute XD
To answer your question more directly, I would advise against making a 'desert bandit' your first character, as the journey there will take a very long time. If you wish to make a bandit as a second character that the group eventually runs into, though, that would work a lot better for you in terms of RP time off the bat.

Lumana: I can't wait to hear what character ideas you have! By the way, as I mentioned to Life, multiple characters are perfectly alright, if you are up for handling the extra writing! So, if you wish to take one of the pre-mades and also include your own char, that's quite alright.

Scarlett_Rose: That's a bit of a loaded question! So I give you an answer included with a small amount of foreshadowing. Eventually, by the end of Book 1, Mika will have accumulated a giant group of followers. We're talking thousands of people, here. Of course not all of them will be RPed individually, that would be chaos! But the point is, a moderately large group of people attaching themselves to Mika fairly early will still be in line with what I had planned, even if it unnerves the poor girl herself ;)
In terms of scope, that's again left to the players. I left parts of the world intentionally unchartered and mysterious for creative players like you to take advantage of! Go big! Let's hear your ideas! Worst thing that could happen is I might ask you to scale it back just a tad, at least until the time is right to let loose.

mistletoeXholly: How apropos your username is! Anyway I'm going to read your PM about Shae right now! Just for a bit of clarification, none of the "extra information" on the pre-made characters should influence any of your decisions or ideas. It is merely the character's past which has not been revealed to the rest of the group, yet. This will most likely affect how you play him or her as certain situations come up, but I don't intend to step on anyone's creative toes. :)

I'm excited!

aesir
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 am

I must that just just perusing over the introduction has peaked my interest. However I still haven't totally recuperated from last night's libations, so a generous pot of coffee must needs be drank before I can begin a proper analysis. I already have an idea for a character though, and this seems a decent forum for which he can be utilized.
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mistletoeXholly on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 pm

All right I've finished Shae let me know if I need to edit her.

mistletoeXholly
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aesir on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Shae looks great! Her and Mika have been approved. I'm thinking of taking Elsy for myself, which would mean we can start RPing possibly tonight or tomorrow!

Also, since the first four went so quickly, I'm going to write up some information on another set of pre-made characters for more interested parties. Hooray for lots of interest!

aesir
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm

I still need to add a few things but I have my first character up and will likely finish him sometime today.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Alright I have submitted my CS for Dion. Hopefully if all goes well you shall find it satisfactory, and if so I will spend some time touching up the profile with some coding to make it rather more appealing to the eye.

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aesir on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Hey guys! So far everything is looking great :) Characters are going up, and you don't see yours accepted within a few hours, check your inbox~ I will keep RPGateway open to catch any character submits at least until the RP gets into full swing.

I'm going to get a CS up for Elsy, whom I will be playing, and put up a few more pre-made characters in case others wish to join and can't think of some beginning inspiration. If all goes well, I'll have the first post up tomorrow afternoon or morning, and we can get to it!

Speaking of which, I realized I was a bit ambiguous with the specific starting point of the RP, so I've decided to let you guys give me your opinions. If there is no clear favourite I'll just pick a spot myself. We can start the RP timeline at either of two points.
Point A: Mika and Elsy have just arrived at Forlen and the RP will start with the two of them meeting the rest of the PCs. This will give you all a chance to form your own initial relationships with one another and aim for a bit of character development RP before jumping right into plot.
Point B: Everyone has more or less met up and formed their "default" relationships. The next big goal for the PCs to decide will be where to go next. This point has character development (for now) locked down, and will focus more on aiming for a starting point for the plot.

Let me know what your preference is, and if there is no clear cut winner, I'll just arbitrarily pick one.

Time to get to work on Elsy and the new chars! *huddles over desk scribbling*

aesir
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lumana on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I vote meet up in town and allow for relationships to develop and stuff.... Ugh I need to think about my character now. So much to choose from :s

Lumana
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm still wondering about the whole debate disclaimer on the intro. I'm sure it'll get a little more complicated down the road but right now it seems like there's only one actual option for people and it involves one biblical God and a few epic poems mixed in for his saints/heroes.

Are there other sets of religions that would offer some sort of debate other than those between believers, agnostics, and atheists? Not to mention the usual problem of debating something as physically hollow as religion and faith in that there are no points to really argue considering that not only does magic exist in this world to justify a lot of leeway, but it's essentially something that you can't prove or disprove without delving into a philosophy book for complex arguments that generally solve nothing.

Edit: The first is normally easier because it means we don't have to rely on subtle allusions to the past to explain relationships and it (the second one) usually requires people to start PMing to set up prior interrelations. The problem with it is that it usually takes a while to get past the introductions of the characters and their meetings. As for the second, it allows us to skip over the long process of introductions but, as I've said, forces us to rely on subtle (can't stress that enough) references to the past for certain things.

My vote goes in the undecided box because I'm honestly conflicted between the two.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

I'm so excited for this role play <3

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lumana on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 am

Wow. I was skimming through the characters put up here and wow is all I have to say. I have not seen an RP with this much potential in...a year???? maybe more. It means I'm actually going to have to put work in my CS, but this is going to be great. I am so excited, the last time an RP showed this much promise we went for over 4000 posts of good quality posts. I could jump and squeal for joy if I wasn't so cold XD

Lumana
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:03 am

Even though it is a tough decision I would rather us meet up than try to just wing it as we go. For all intents and purposes I'm one of those get it all fleshed out kind of people and go from start to finish.

Ezarael
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:03 am

This RP looks amazing! I've been so discouraged for so long, but I think I'd really like to get back into RP-ing with this story. I'll be waiting for those new characters; expect to see me applying soon. :)
<3

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mistletoeXholly on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:23 am

I like making the introductions but it's true it takes awhile to do them especially when there are allot of characters. And everyone is on a different scedule too. So you could be sitting around waiting for someone to post for ever; so I'm not sure really. I like the introduction to the characters but I hate waiting on everybody.

mistletoeXholly
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Just FYI I have done a little editing on Dion's CS. Mainly grammatical and spelling errors, but I did touch up a few things on the personality and appearance sections of the profile. I know I should probably stop sometime, but he just resonates with me so much it's hard to even THINK about finishing!

Alright the history section is still pretty ugly. I'll have to admit to that one...

Ezarael
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!