Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Wild Children (Interest Check, get your Interest Check!)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Wild Children (Interest Check, get your Interest Check!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 am

Right! So I've got this pretty vague idea for a roleplay that I want to flesh out, involving dragons and horns and ice cream trucks--

Alright, no actual ice cream trucks were harmed in the making of this idea. But here's how the idea goes.

I'm looking to start a roleplay revolving around a few members of a race thought to be extinct. They exist very closely beside dragons, but no one has seen a dragon for hundreds of years. These people, sometimes called Dragonkin, are mostly human save for the horns that start to develop at around the age of ten years old.

The last true members of the Dragonkin race died out nearly three hundred years before our story begins, but it seems as though they're making a comeback--in human children. Many of these children are killed before they can defend themselves by ignorant friends and neighbors who believe them to be devils. Some parents, however, are either well-read enough or protective enough that they file down the horns on their child's head, effectively disguising their difference.

What they can't disguise, or control, are the children's voracious appetites and overwhelming wanderlust. Not to mention the strange things that begin to happen once the children hit around seventeen years of age. Can these extraordinary individuals overcome the prejudice and discover the truth about themselves?

Eep, that is not the best advertisement I've ever made for a roleplay. Still, it seemed like a cool idea. I'm thinking basically horned dragon-riders who are soul-bound to their dragons, but rather than being needed for a war or something silly like that, they're mostly trying to figure out where they belong.

It is very late. Meepers.

See a word in my writing that you don't understand? Can't find the definition anywhere? I'm probably sponsoring it. Did you know that much of the communication we use today consists of only about seven thousand words? These poor dears have been removed from the dictionary--but you can help bring them back!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

I like this idea- I'd be willing to do it with you, if you put it up.
Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Sounds pretty good Pancake, I'd be interested.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

@Aeris: If it generates enough interest, then I will certainly do my darndest to get it going. :) Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

@Gabriel: You have no idea how much I'd love to have you aboard.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Hahaha, why thank you. ^_^ Just PM me if you end up creating it, and I'll submit a character.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

I'll try to draw up a more comprehensive information....thing, so that people can start getting ideas for characters. Maybe that'll draw in more people.

*puts her hands together and hopes, which is what Ms. Dearheart tells me praying is.*

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Re: The Wild Children (Interest Check, get your Interest Check!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:57 am

Ooh, this sounds wonderful.

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:43 pm

What is it with you and these ideas? They're like pancakes in roleplay form; they're like sex on text (which would actually make them erotica, but...anyway).

Righto. Interest check'd.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

My ideas breed like rabbits, though they are often very short lived. I'm not planning on letting this one go the way of the buffalo, though!

:) Same as before, I'd be thrilled to have you aboard.

I'll get the in-depth info and the like drawn up by the end of the evening, might have the whole thing up by the end of the week!

Would you guys prefer the tab or a thread?

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:23 am

Well, I prefer thread, but.. That's just me. >.>

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

I don't really have a preference.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

One thread, one no preference....Well, hmm, I think I'm only going to open it with six or seven slots, so that means the tab really isn't necessary.

*draws up information sheets and looks harmless*

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 pm

These rabuffalos are the BEST rabuffalos...

At this point, the tab, for all her innovations, ain't so sound yet. For one, you're currently unable to view posts past the current page, which has proved to be an issue. When one glitch is downed, another surfaces. Two votes for the good ol' forum.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Thread it is, then, because I can't really say that I have a preference.

Right, now I'm actually going to get stuff done so that we can have this started this decade. :)

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Huzzah!

>:(

I hate the stupid rule that you can't post something someone else has already said. Seriously, how stupid is it that I can't just post huzzah because someone else has at some point?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

To anyone who is still interested, I ran into a few speedbumps this past week, like the beginning of school (yay high school! -.-) and my stupid excuse for an immune system, but it seems those things are starting to even out. So we should have an OOC up fairly soon. :)

The way things are looking now, we're going to have a fairly open plot right now. It will probably become more defined as time goes on, though. If anyone has any suggestions as to what the overall plot should be, I'd be glad to hear them. :)

Oh, I've also got it set right now so that each player will play one Kindred and one dragon unrelated to that character. Does that work for everyone? That way no one is stuck roleplaying with themselves.

*goes back to making an OOC and picking up tissues*

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

It's okay- I don't hate you for being sick. Trust me, I get sick all the time.

*gives broom and dustpan to help pick up tissues*

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years

So we'll each play our own rider and someone else's dragon essentially?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Is the OOC done?

*pokes Pancake in an annoying way*

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years

@ Gabriel: Yes, that's essentially how it will work.

@ Aeris: Not yet, but soon, soon, my pretty. BWAHAHAHA--*violent sneezing fit*

Right then. Forget that happened.

*goes back to clacking*

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!