Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In The Year 2245 [IC]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

In The Year 2245 [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:19 am

I am not the author of this picture. Author unknown.

Year: 2245
Planet: Earth
State:Post-War. Last War: World War III, 2013
Report: World War III devastated the planet; humans, animals, plants, everything. What little was left from after the war struggled to survive. What was left of the military took action to save what they could and stop another world war from happening. This plan backfired big time, but it was too late to stop it. The military was a too powerful force at that time and took over from what was left of the government. What happened?

The military took people's freedom.

From the year 2015-2100 people spent rebuilding cities that were destroyed, but with a twist. The big, strong cities were built for the military. Wooden shacks were put up for the others. The strong were separated from the weak. The strong went into the military whereas the weak served the strong. Patrol units watched the wooden shack area making sure everyone did their assigned jobs (almost like a concentration camp). Some people worked in the military cities, others worked in the wooden shack areas. By the year 2200, the military was in complete control and everything was done, peace at last.

Rebellions so far: 50.
Successful Rebellions: 0.
Outcome: Death.

What happens when people are planning to take a stand now and die for what is right, to get Earth back to the way it was before the war? Will this next rebellion be the successful one?

OOC: Welcome to the year 2845 where your freedom is gone, unless you're in the military. And even then, you only have a certain ammount unless you are someone of power. This is to be the only OOC in the thread. All OOC and questions are to go to the OOC thread, linked here. There are still spaces to join but don't post here unless you have been accepted.

One more thing, please don't post a million posts per day. I only have access to internet at work and I'm on GMT time so it's harder for me to post and keep up with posts, especially if everyone is moving along. I'll limit the posts to 4 posts per player a day for now, and if that's too slow and everyone is keeping up, I'll change it.

Welcome to the IC and enjoy the roleplay.

Carter stood at one of the watch points in the wooden shack area. A simple 9MM automatic gun sat in his hand as he scanned the area, waiting for any sign of someone stepping out of place or planning to rebel. He wasn't allowed to kill, but if things got too out of hand then he was allowed to stop them by any means possible, and if that meant shooting people dead, then that would happen.

The boy was standing completely still, as they had been trained to do, his grey orbs scanning the surrounding area once again. People were working; good. His eyes searched for his sister, but he couldn't find her. She must have been working for one of the soldiers today, he thought. He hoped she was okay. Despite liking being above the people, part of him didn't like that his family were below him and treated so badly. Part of him wanted a better system. Surely they could have more freedom rather than work for the military as slaves. Of course, Carter wouldn't voice this opinion. If he was to voice his opinion, he'd be signing his death warrant. The boy wasn't stupid and knew better than to tell anyone.

No trouble seemed to be breeing, yet and Carter decided that today was going to be a relatively quiet day.

Carter had been right about his sister. Today she was working for a soldier. Having being up at the crack of dawn, she'd quickly got up and prepared before scampering up to the city with a soldier so she could be assigned to someone who needed work done. This is how it had been for many years now and Adelaide was often chosen because she didn't protest or argue, she just got the work done to the best of her ability. A lot of the soldiers liked this, for obvious reasons.

Her, and a number of other people were taken to a hall. They stood there waiting for the military personnel to come in and pick them, almost like toys, except it wasn't an innocent thing like that, that they were being chosen for. Adelaide simply stood there and waited, knowing exactly how she was to behave here. She could hear a number of younger people, more inexperienced people, talking. They were quickly silenced though, and not the easy way. Adelaide just kept her eyes on the ground and waited.

It wasn't long before they entered and another day was going to begin.
Last edited by BehindMyMask on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: In The Year 2845 [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liiamm on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:15 am

Damian stretched out his arms and back before wiping the sweat from his forehead, the work was hard, and the days were long. His work today was cutting planks of wood, to make more shacks as the under-city of the people grew outwards. It was surprising to him, that the military trusted him to use even a handsaw, usually they did their best to keep anything that could be used as a weapon or tool against them away from the people.

At the local watch tower Damian could spot a man, scanning the grounds like every other solider, doing as he was told like the rest of them. "Trained to perfection" Damian spat rolling his eyes, he didn't quite understand the system they tried to upkeep, nor did he support it.

Although he hadn't been working for very long, this shipment of wood had been thicker and made of a harder substance then the last few. Stretching out his shoulder he decided to take a brake, knowing he still had an hour before the designated break didn't bother him, even if the soldier with the 9mm automatic did see him, chances are he'd be let off with a warning.

Damian walked over to the small metal fold-out chair left for him and lazily slumped down, trying to make himself as comfortable as he could before leaning back and closing his deep blue eyes. He pushed his fingers through his shaggy brown hair letting the slight breeze cool him.

Today should be alright, nothings happened so far he thought to himself, before shifting into a half-sleep like state of rest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Liiamm
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Re: In The Year 2245 [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 am

Max was driving towards the base in his car, the height of the road provided a good view of the base although partially obstructed by the ramp that prevents anyone from driving off the road. The wooden shack area as everyone called it stood out as it looked very different from the base and most other buildings. Max didn't understand why anyone would want to live there and was sure that everyone who was smart or strong enough could earn a way out but they probably were too lazy to even try. His view got fully obstructed when he came closer to the parking node from where automated elevators bring people down towards the base. Max joined a pair of lower ranking soldiers in the elevator, he gave a nod in greeting then looked towards the wooden shack area again from the descending elevator. From the half-constructed buildings and piles of wood it seems the area was expanding.

Once down Max made his way to the base, he checked his PDA for any work related messages and noticed his lab assistant had called in sick, most of the work he did he could perform alone but today he planned on collecting neural data from several obsolete androids that had been in service for a long time, which made the neural data quite valuable to add into newer models as default data. He considered doing this himself even though it was a boring job but remembered he also had to approve and, if required, revise some network security protocols so they could be tested and eventually implemented. The data collecting job wasn't too hard, it just involved connecting the android, look up what model it was and then you could launch the proper program to read out and convert the data.

Max used his PDA to connect to the human resource department to request a civilian to help him with this task, as long as they could read he could provide them with the procedure and then focus on his own tasks again. Adelaide Sampson appealed to him since she seemed easy to handle he just hoped she would be up to the task since all the jobs in her work history seemed very simple. He already made his way to the department itself while doing the request, since approval is done automatic he wouldn't have to wait. As he entered the hall he recognized Adelaide from her picture and walked towards her "Adelaide right? I allocated your work hours for today to assist me in the research department, unless you feel you are not up to task I would like you to join me there right away."

Aicop
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Choidos on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:52 am

David tossed and turned in his sleeping quarters. "Dammit" As he placed him self in an upright position and he looked around. A few people where still sleeping while others already dressed and leaving. David jumped out of bed, spiked his hair put on his headband and the rest of his attire. Pulled out his cigarette lip it and took a drag. Inhaled than exhaled the puff of smoke. He walked outside. The sun was just coming over the horizon, the red and orange was seen in the clouds above. If the sky is read that mean's people have died in the night , David remembered that myth his mother always told her, it might not be so wrong as there was a riot last night.

David decided to go to the post of another military personal, he took his tar 21 assault rifle and a few extra clips for it, just encase, David dosn't take risk's. After a while of walking down the more or less quite streets, David stumbled upon the man he was looking for Carter Sampson.

David walked over to the man. "Why look who it is" He joked as he neared Carter at his post. David flicked the ash's off his cigarette and took the final puff before the threw it on the ground and stomped his foot on it. Again he exhaled and the puff of smoke make small little circles, in the air before they vanished.

Choidos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Adelaide heard someone enter, but didn't look up until he said her name. Her head just seemed to nod in response to what he was saying. She didn't dare reply with anything else, not wanting to appear useless and be punished for it.

"I can assist you." She replied quietly. "Whatever you want me to do, I will do." She then added, hoping that it would help. She immediately got ready to follow the man whenever he decided that it was time to leave. She had no idea if he was wanting to pick up other people, or just head off now. Rethinking over his words though, she figured that he might want her to leave now.

What if he didn't though?

Adelaide decided to wait until he dismissed her or give any other orders so she knew exactly what to follow, after all, she was terrified of been punished and she didn't dare ask if she should leave now. At least she knew where the research department was.

Carter watched the boy head over to a seat and stop working. "Ya know, if you're gunna take a break now, you won't be getting one in an hour." He simply stated. Carter would probably let him off though, if it was only a short minute or so break that the boy had, if not, then he'd have to think about taking away the designated break and making him work through the lunch. Carter decided he'd ignore it, and that it wouldn't hurt.

The boy glanced up as he saw David approaching and grinned slightly. "Well, look who it is yourself." He smirked, glancing back to the workboy and then at David. He thought that the boy might try something if they kept their attention off of him for too long. "So, how's things going on your round? Much trouble anywhere?" The private queried. It was always good to find out what was going on in the area in case there were signs of trouble brewing.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liiamm on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Heh, Now's My chance! Thought a small, scrawny looking boy, who couldn't be any younger than 13 by the looks of him. This boy made a habit of making off with other peoples supplies, be it food, clothes, tools and any other items of value. Thinking he was smart to run his own little trading business. He pushed his stringy black hair out of his face and solemnly stalked over to the older boys work station. Quietly picking up a handsaw with a rusted handle, he tried his best to hold in his laughs as he walked off with the tool in hand, and after a few steps, darted off between the houses. The boys name was Daniel, a thieving young boy with a lack of respect for anyone but himself. For the last few days he'd been stealing from Damian Blacks family, seeing as his mother and sister weren't fast enough to catch him, and by the time Damian caught word of it Daniel was already gone, it was an easy task. The food was a necessity, but the saw was for fun, Daniel had high hopes that Damian would eat dirt for this one! After a minute or two of running, he straightened up the rags he wore and walked towards his shack.

OOC: This character is unimportant, I just made him to get things moving, feel free to kill him off soon, or imprison him. I think it would be an interesting display to show how the system works :].

----------
Damian opened his eyes a minute or so after hearing another man approach the soldier. Thinking he should get back to work, he had nothing to eat the previous night, as his families provisions were stolen, and the culprit was left un-found, missing lunch too would only hurt the work he did later, too many mistakes and he knew the outcome would be unpleasant.

As Damian stood to get back to work he noticed his saw was missing, quickly glancing around to see if it had simply fallen off the bench he clenched his fists and sighed. It was a harsh place to be, the under-city. Constantly having to deal with missing food, clothes, and other items of importance. Although he had a good idea of who may have taken it, he decided to report it instead, if he was caught trying to leave his station with not one, but two soldiers standing at the post, surely he would be scolded.

Shaking his head he made his way towards the guards, picking up small snippets of conversation. "Excuse me" He said impatiently "Could you pay more attention? Someone just made off with my tools" He said critically. Damian had no problem talking down to the men who were said to be above him.

Liiamm
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:35 pm

"I can assist you." Adelaide replied quietly. "Whatever you want me to do, I will do." She then added. Max thought her eagerness was admirable but perhaps a bit too much. "Well lets go then" Max said to Adelaide as he looked straight into her eyes before turning and walking through the door, holding it open for her to follow.

As they arrived at the research department Max showed Adelaide the console she could use, security tightened so she could do no more then retrieve the data, on the desk next to the console was a large pile of data modules still shielded in metal casings but ready to be connected to the system. In the center of this room an android stood off-line, connected to several systems with a bunch of wires. Although everyone called them androids, Max still thought of these variants as robots since they only resembled humans remotely and certainly didn't act like them. But like usual the most catchy term is used in marketing and thus sticks, however projects were ongoing to make the androids live up to their names but those still had a long way to go and those models weren't useful in brute force field work anyhow.

"Please connect these data modules to the system." Max started to explain and pointed to a wire that lay on the desk ready to accept data. "Once plugged in look at the serial number on the case of the data module and enter it in the system, it'll return several values but we are only interested in the software version right now, launch the appropriate retrieve program for that software version, it states so in the name, and wait for the data retrieval to complete which can take from five to twenty minutes depending on the amount of data, if it returns any errors just fetch me I'll be over there working." Max now pointed to another terminal which was his workstation. "I know its all a bit bothersome but these older models don't use the new universal data system yet so this is the easiest way to do it".

Max took a step back and extended one hand to the terminal "I'll watch you perform the retrieval on the first data module then I can also answer any questions you might have."

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm

"Late!" A young cry said, sending chills into the body as tiny hands shook her. "Lyn, wake up! Lyn!" The child spoke again...

Ly-Nima Patterson opened her eyes, her dark green hues scanning for whatever nuisance was failing to murder her. When her vision cleared and sharpened, she saw a young boy. He had shaggy blond hair, and bright blue eyes, with a slightly round face with cherubic features, and yet a rather slender short body. He was ten years old, an orphan thief who Ly-Nima had taken in to keep off of the streets. Plus, she could either feed him willingly, or he'd come and steal the scraps she took home from the military kitchens. She stared at him almost coldly, her lips pursing as her eyes formed a glare.

"What do you want Kyle?" She said quietly.

"You're late!" He said, stepping back and pointing to the wall clock, the numbers that the long and short hands pointed to glowing softly.
Shit, Kyle was right.

Ly-Nima almost sprouted wings, jumping up from her cot and springing through the small shack, running to the chest buried beneath blankets near the corner. She dug into it, lifting the chest top and dipping her hands inside. Over her shoulder came first a pair of dull jeans. Next, a wife beater that looked too small for a healthy man's size. And lastly came undergarments, and a towel. She shut the chest with a loud 'thud!', before the predominantly Vietnamese woman had fallen back and grabbed the clothes and towel. She stood and moved to the door, pulling a small dull blue bag over her shoulder, and disappearing.

Down the steps of her ragged shack, and to the road. Nearby was a public shower, since she herself did not have one. Hell, who did? The area wasn't far; maybe a quarter mile. It was fenced in by tall wooden posts, and the gate was open during the daytime. She checked it, and it was actually open. Good. Ly-Nima went inside the fencing and shut the gate, moving towards the two tall silver spouts along the fencing, aimed down at two small paved platforms with sink-holes in the centers. She stripped away the baggy white shirt- tattered and stained- and tossed it aside to the small ring of dirt around the platforms. She then took off the rest of her clothes; pants, undergarments, etc. Her slender tanned hands grasped at the handle, turning it. There was only one temperature choice. Cold. And if it was a hot day, usually it meant that the pipes were warm; which didn't help out with the current situation regardless. The water struck her naked body and she let out a long sigh, reaching into the blue bag and pulling out a beige rag and bottle of soap. She washed up her body, then returned to the bag for shampoo. After she had washed her long black hair- falling almost to the bottom of her back- Ly-Nima moved for the towel and cut off the water. But it was then that she noticed something odd and unusual. Her blue bag was stolen, and the gate was open.

"Dammit!" She hissed, wrapping the towel around her and racing to the gate door, looking out at the road. A good bundle of people, but she couldn't easily just pick someone out. Ly-Nima cursed again, she didn't have the time right now to chase down thieves. Instead, she returned to the inside of the gate, shutting it once more, and dressing. A few minutes later, she had tied her wet hair up into a thick and messy ebony bun, tendrils of wet hair jutting out and hanging down here and there.

And off she went, down the road- a thirty minute walk to the edge of the city-scape, still in the shanty-towns, where she could go to work. And to the soldiers, she was the lunch lady; a pretty bitchy woman serving and cooking the food. But to herself, Ly-Nima's job was to see how long she could go without poisoning the dogs she fed...

The kitchen came into her sight, still in the middle of the shacks and wooden poverty-homes. It stood one floor tall, and of a far nicer construct than the homes around it. Instead, it was black with solar-paneled roofing, large tinted windows, and the military's symbol painted brightly upon the building in white, blue, and yellow.

Ly-Nima huffed out a sigh. Oh, how she hated this never-ending cycle of use and abuse...
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Choidos on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:39 pm

David glanced over at the boy Carter was looking at, before turning his head back to Carter.

"Not much going on" Dave lowered his assault rifle. "Looks like today will be a peaceful day, or perhaps we are in the eye of a storm, peaceful know wait till night we might get some action" Dave laughed at the thought of killing more worker's.

Dave reached into his pocket and flipped open his cigarette package and took one out. Flicked it up into his mouth and lit it. Took a deep inhale and exhaled it out. David smirked "I smoke yet I have more endurance than the one's that haven't had one in their lives"

David propped the cigarette between his index finger and middle finger, and tapped the ash's off the end of the cigarette.

David looked over at Carter and pulled out his cigarette package as one of the cigarettes slid out enough to be grabbed "Want one" Dave asked as he put his existing cigarette in his mouth.

David held the carton out as turned his head at the boy who just lipped him off. David smirked "If you where doing your damn job instead of taking a nap you wouldn't have your shit stolen"

Choidos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:44 pm

"Ah! Shoot! Sorry."

Tammy winced as she spilled a bowl of porridge onto the table. She was helping her immobile mother with her breakfast, like always, but nowadays, the task was made much more difficult by the fact that she had lost the use of her own dominant hand.

"It's quite alright, Tammy," said Andrea Mata-Lasky, sighing sympathetically at her daughter's mishap.

"No, it's not alright! Now I've got to clean it up, and then I'll be late..."

"It's okay, just leave it and get it when you get home--"

"And let it go bad and stink up the place? No, Mama, work can wait," insisted Tammy. Muttering under her breath in annoyance, she ripped a length of paper towels from a nearby roll, mopped up the mess, and poured her mother another bowl of porridge, shoving down a few spoonfuls herself in the process. "There we go. See, that hardly took any time at all," she said, spooning some of it into her mother's mouth.

"Ever the optimistic one, aren't you, Tammy?" said Andrea. "You know, to me, you always seemed a right-handed person trapped in a left-handed body, anyway. Such a fighter!"

"Meh," Tammy shrugged. "Maybe that's just what it looks like."

On the outside, she couldn't afford to be a fighter. Here, at home, she could be whoever she wanted, but at work, she was always hiding within herself. Why, just the other day, she passed a soldier who looked a mite like her, and was suddenly filled with rage. She had wanted to jump him and start beating the shit out of him, screaming, THIS IS YOUR FAULT, ALL OF IT!

But she restrained. She'd be rather stupid not to, with everything she'd been through.

"Well, I'm late. Again."

She headed out, closing the door as gently as possible as she left her crummy shack. Once out of her mother's earshot, she flew into a frenzy, kicking stones and shouting at the sky and throwing a right loud fit. Breath, Tammy, she told herself. In...out...I think I'm okay now.

She continued on her way, and arrived at a large hall in the city. Several other people were already there, and one girl, Adelaide Sampson, had already been chosen to do some task for a military man. "Sorry I'm late," Tammy said to the officers present, with a sour expression on her face that clearly showed that she was not sorry in the last.

It was their fault, after all.

She shoved her hands, her clumsy, uncoordinated right and her grotesquely burned left, into her pockets, bracing herself for reprimand.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:21 am

Adelaide quickly followed in the man's footsteps out of fear, not daring to fall behind in anything, even following. She hadn't worked for the man before and had no idea how harsh he could be if a punishment was to be given out. She just prayed that she could do the job he wanted her to perform.

Once they entered the research department, Adelaide's eyes opened wide in response to what was there. She knew where the researach department was, she just had never been inside it before. Her attention was quickly drawn back to the man that showed her to a console. This was where Adelaide became scared and nervous. Everything looked complicated and even as Max showed her what to do she was scared of messing it up. What made it worse was he wanted to watch her do the first one.

Shakily, Adelaide grabbed the wire and plugged it into the first data module and slowly looked at the serial number on the data module. Her reading wasn't at the best standards, but she managed to copy the number from the module into the console with little trouble. When it returned several values, Adelaide just stared at the screen trying to find the right one. The part she got stuck on was finding the software name and then how she was supposed to launch the the retrieve program.

"Which one's the software version?" She asked quietly, not looking at him as she was terrified of punishment for asking the question, but she had no idea and didn't want to just sit there doing nothing and staring at the screen while he was standing over her.

Once shown, she realised that it might not be as complicated as she first thought, now that she seemed to have the first one done.

Adelaide was silent the whole time, even after the first one was done. She didn't have any questions and as soon as she'd finished the first one, she moved on to do the second one. She'd been taught to just get the job done and ask no questions. The only reason she asked one previously was because he was there and watching her. The fact that she was scared of him, made her keep her silence though the only questions she had were to do with what all this was for, something she dared not ask.

"I hope it's peaceful, as muh as I like been in the action, it's nice to have a peaceful few days, to." Carter stated in response. "It's all the effort of paperwork and moving bodies. Time and effort. They should just do as they're told and it'd all be fine."

The boy looked at the carton and shook his head. "No thanks, quit a couple of days back. It might be fine with you, but me, I think my body is full of the smoke and crap in those things." He smirked before turning his attention to the worker that had spoken up. Looking around, he couldn't see anyone else. They'd need to report this, though. If someone was stealing tools, then it meant they were up to something.

"He's right." Carter told the boy in result to Dave's retort. "We need to check him over though, make sure it's not on him." Carter handed over his gun to Dave. "Just so the boy don't grab and shoot as I check him." He added.

Walking over to Damian, he pushed the boy towards a wall so he could feel him down, make sure that it wasn't on him somewhere hidden. "Don't fight me, just do as I say." He told him before looking at Dave. "Wanna check the work area and make sure it's not hidden?" He asked, while waiing for Damian to face one of the walls of the wooden shacs so he coul ge on with his job.

As one of the girls entered the room rather late and not in the least sorry about it, despite her words, one of the guards growled at her expression. He smirked at his companion before looking at the girl. "If we could punish you now, you'd be getting one hell of a punishment, as it is you're wanted to help in the kitchens. So, get there. Now. We're alerting them you are on your way, if you're late, then you'll be sorry." He smirked, pulling out a pager like device and contacting the kitchens.

A couple of minutes later, he looked up at the girl Tammy. "Kitchens take 15 minutes to get to from here. You've already lost two minutes just standing there. Now go. Another girl is there and can show you what to do!" He snapped, before walking away, his companion gave Tammy the once over glance before laughing, and then following his partner to where the others waited.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Choidos on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:39 am

Dave put the cigarette package back into his pocket. He also took the gun, as he saw Carter bring the boy up against the wall.

Dave didn't say a word he just walked over to the area where the boy was sleeping. He checked in the chair. Nothing. He looked behind it. Nothing.

Dave took a puff of his cigarette. He walked over to the workstation before exhaling. He carefully checked every place this boy was supposed to be during his working hours.

Dave thoroughly checked the area. After a couple of minutes, he put his cigarette in his mouth.

"I don't see it someone probably stole it"

Dave walked back to Carter and the boy. He turned to face the boy and exhaled his smoke. "Do you know anyone who like's to steal from you or has bad reputation with you" Dave asked. Looking for some clue's.
In Dave's mind he liked the kid, he is the first one to lip off to him, he deserves some credit.

Choidos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 am

Max watched as Adelaide plugged in the data module and read the serial number, she seemed very nervous but hiding it to her best of efforts. "Which one's the software version?" Adelaide asked quietly. Max pointed with his finger to the value that showed the version on the terminal then looked at her, although Adelaide kept avoiding his gaze, which started to bother Max a bit. Adelaide continued her work and once Max noticed everything was going well he moved to his own station and opened up the security protocols for review.

As time passed, silently since neither of them spoke, and work progressed Max felt he could use a bit of lunch, he saw the time was right for it as well. He stood up from his desk and went to check up on Adelaide, he had watched her now and then from were he sat, and noticed she was making good progress. β€œAh, you are doing well, since time won't be a problem anymore and I'm sure you are hungry too why don't we go to the mess hall and grab something to eat?” Max wasn't sure what he should do with her there except eat since he usually wasn't very fond of idle conversation so he quickly added β€œOr maybe you had planned to eat elsewhere, as long as you are back within an hour that's fine too.”

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liiamm on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Damian let the guard push him against the wall, although he wasn't happy about it he did his best not to struggle. After the search was over, and the other man came back from checking his work area, he sighed impatiently and said "Look, this is ridiculous, I already know who has it! His name's Daniel Richardson, he doesn't live far from here". He waited to see how they might respond and quickly added "I can take you there, I know the way".

-----
Daniel eagerly slid the wooden top off a large crate he had in the corner of his shack. Inside were many tools, saws, hammers, screw drivers, wrenches and other such things. Placing the saw with the rest of the tools he giggled to himself "Its almost too easy" he mumbled. For month's he'd been collecting things, and soon he would have open shop. Of course the guards wouldn't be aware of it, but his items would sell quite well, he could trade them for food, clothing, and anything else of value that intrigued him. People wouldn't admit to it, but there were many who wished for things to change, and with his product, they'd be better equipped to make that change happen.
-----
Damian started walking back towards his work station, but instead of stopping in the perimeter he continued down until he was at a small ally way between two shacks "It's this way!" He announced to the soldiers. "If we get there soon he might still be there" He explained. He knew Daniel well enough to know he never stayed home long. Always looking for more to take, and although Damian was unsure why, he knew the little rat was up to something.
-----
"I shouldn't stick around for too long" Daniel said to himself, thinking out loud was also a habit of his. "That Damian kid will try and find me, and if I'm here when he does I'm dead" He laughed. Although it was a morbid though, Daniel found it quite humorous that he was able to get away with everything for so long. It was almost too easy, he'd never been caught in the act before, and since he had few friends, no one but those he stole from knew anything about it. "Maybe if I leave now, I'll make it back in time to see that jerk get shot up" He laughed, stepping out into the sun again. He slid through the small space between his hut and the one next to it, and headed back towards the work area, unknowing that Damian was leading the guards back to the very spot he'd just left, and forgetting the open crate completely as he stalked off into the shade of the shacks.

Liiamm
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Tammy glared at the guard resentfully. It sounded like he didn't think her capable of handling some simple kitchen work. Of course, it probably wouldn't be that simple, and she would have to focus if she didn't want to give herself more burns, but she didn't appreciate being talked down to. Nevertheless, she kept her mouth shut, save for a quiet, "Yes, sir."

She turned around and headed for the kitchens, breaking into a jog to save time. Though she wasn't exactly eager to get there and have a workload piled on her head, she knew she had a long day ahead of her cooped up in the kitchens and wanted to spend some energy so that she wouldn't risk being restless on the job.

As she came up on the kitchen, an ironically well-kept and neat building bearing the hypocrite nation's symbol, she lost her concentration for a split second and smacked right into an Asian girl who dwarfed her by four inches at least. "I'm sorry," Tammy squeaked, sincerely this time, knowing how she would feel if some random stranger ran right into her.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:40 am

Adelaide almost jumped when Max approached her. She'd been too wrapped up in what she was supposed to be doing, and doing it correctly, that she hadn't heard him approach her. She listened closely to her options and decided it was best probably to stick with the guy at the mess hall. After all, she didn't have the time on her and didn't want to disappear for too long.

"I'll eat at the mess hall with you." She stated, quietly and yet again timidly as she stood up from the console, making sure everything was perfect on it and she'd finished the last job she'd being doing before Max had interrupted her. She just hoped she'd done everything correctly.

She might have been a little slow at the whole process, despite making good progress and time, Adelaide liked to make sure she was doing everything correctly and not mess up. It was all out of fear of punishment. She'd allowed the fear to be put in her, which made her perfect for the military because she would never step out of line deliberately. When she did, it was only out of fear and a lot of soldiers had overlooked it.

"Do you need me to do anything before you go to lunch?" She asked automatically, expecting to be given a list of jobs still, despite the fact that she'd been told she could stop and go to lunch with him. Adelaide couldn't help but ask.

The soldier found nothing on the boy once he'd conducted a thorough search on him. The saw was no where to be seen. He just hoped that Damien was telling the truth, not just for his own sake, but for the boy's sake as well. Though, if he was right, he felt sorry for the boy that they were going to try and locate, especially if he was stealling and had a number of weapons on him. Everyone here knew that rebellion resulted in death. The people who tried were stupid.

Carter took his gun back from Dave and sighed, starting to follow Damien. "This better not be some prank, boy. Or you'll be sorry." He stated, looking back to Dave. "You coming, or going to lunch?" He asked the other soldier, hoping for back up. He didn't want to be the only one delaying his lunch break because of an idiot that couldn't watch his tools, he thought.

"If this is a bloody prank..." He started to mumble, keeping his gun in his hand permanently now, and keeping eye contact on the boy at all times as they started down the alley.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:44 am

"Do you need me to do anything before you go to lunch?" Adelaide asked. Max got the idea Adelaide didn't like him even though she agreed on joining him, perhaps it was his own general dislike for civilians although he did his best to be as polite as he could. Max examined her more closely, leaving the question unanswered for now. Then he figured she was doing her best to be polite as well, maybe she aspired to something more and was doing her best to show her qualities. So he finally replied her question β€œNo, you did very well. I've seen you did a very accurate job which I appreciate since a mistake would cost us even more time.” Max opened the door for Adelaide towards the hallway so they could make their way to the mess hall, motioning for her to go first.

When they were on their way Max was growing more curious about Adelaide's motivations, he always saw the ideal civilian as content good workers but who did not aspire to more but wondered if she was. The army made all the big changes and improvements for humanity itself, and decided to ask her β€œYou seem to be very dedicated, are you perhaps looking to join up with the army?”

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 am

"No...Never..." The words left her mouth so fast in regards to his question that she hadn't even had a chance to process it. She had her reasons for not joining, and to her that was good enough. She didn't need any other reason.

As a sudden afterthought though, Adelaide stared at the ground. She'd spoken out in almost a shout as an answer and the fear over took her easily at the thought of what might happen. She shook her head slightly, getting slightly distressed before managing to respond with a weak apology.

"Sorry, sir. I didn't mean to speak out so suddenly." She told him. "I haven't really thought about joining the army. My brother is in the army though." She told him quietly.

She didn't look at him once, staring hard at the floor as she wondered if she'd get punished for speaking out. The way she'd said those first to words were with fear, but also disgust. Adelaide couldn't believe they'd left her mouth in such a tone. Not once had she'd ever done that, but then again she'd never been asked if she wanted to join. For Adelaide, the reason she did everything so perfectly was because of her fear of being punished if she didn't. They (the military), wouldn't understand that though. After all, they were the ones that dished out the punishments.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Choidos on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 am

David looked over at Carters detest. "Yea I'll go we might even get to kill someone" David smirked as he took the kill of the cigarette and flicked it away. Walking forward he noticed, that he flicked it into some grass that started to catch on fire. David laughed before stomping it with his boot.

David looked after the boy who was running down and yelling to them it was this way. David did what the boy told him. So David followed the boy.

He looked back at Carter "Lunch can wait" A smile spread across David's face.

Choidos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Max looked towards Adelaide because of the amount of emotion she added to her answer "No...Never...". Her gaze shifted to the ground and remained there but Max saw her go through several states before calming down again and apologizing "Sorry, sir. I didn't mean to speak out so suddenly. I haven't really thought about joining the army. My brother is in the army though." Max heard the apology but didn't respond to it, he was however growing curious for more answers. After walking for a few moments in silence he finally asked β€œWhat are your reasons for not wanting to join the Military?”

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!