Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Zodiac Prophecy (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Zodiac Prophecy (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 am

Everything starts in the Kingdom of Mezal, home of one of the most important merchant cities, and capital of the Kingdom, named Sarel. A navigable river crosses the city, thus making of this place a very important harbor, too. After the war ended many years ago, problems are no more, for peace now rules over the land. Mezal is ruled by a wise king and his wife, the queen, and they mantain a peaceful environment.
But one day, the most precious jewel of the Kingdom is stolen. The king calls an emergency secret reunion, where he and his councellors speak about a mysterious prophecy that could spawn now that the jewel has been stolen. The king's daughter, the princess, overhears the reunion, and decides to investigate on her own.

But Mezal is not the only Kingdom of this land. The belligerent Kingdom of Hazhan, to the north of Mezal, in the cold lands. The peaceful Republic of Owain, a nation without an army, after the war ended, and the jewel of the desert, Kiazya, a huge City-state which is one of the main economy pillars of the whole land. A part from those 4 nations, there are lots of independent cities and mostly towns, scattered around the whole continent. This story begins in Mezal, located approximately to the center.

Name: Zea Mezaliae
Birthplace: Sarel (Kingdom of Mezal)
Appearance: Zea has long blond straight hair, up to her hips, which she usually lets loose. She has green eyes, and is considered to be one of the most beautiful girls of the kingdom. She's 5'3 and thin but not to the point where she's unhealthily thin. She has the body of a lady from the royalty, so her endurance is terrible, although she's nimble, and fast. She usually wears expensive dresses.
Bio: Zea has always lived in Sarel, being the princess, and she has always been treated with much respect, although she has always tried to be kind and friendly with her maids, with whom she has a good relationship. She's calm and sort of innocent, kind-hearted and gentle, but she's quite a lively girl. When she was younger, she asked to learn the way of fighting, to protect the country, even though that wars were gone. For that reason, she learned the way of the sword, and eventually, she learned how to use the noble spears of Mezal. The royal family was surprised at this fact, because her only child, a girl, was wanting to learn to fight, and she didn't behave like a boy, either. So because of all that, she has never used a weapon in a real fight. Zea dreams of seeing the world and her personality is that of a girl who has never seen more than the castle and a few places in the city, so sometimes she can be a bit picky.
Her life doesn't allow more to be explained, since most of the time she had been locked inside the castle, due to her father wanting to protect her.

To join, apply with the following.

Name:
Appearance:
Bio:

After that, we can discuss things about your characters. Don't worry, I would never change them too much, just to have our little world with a bit of continuity.

I think there's nothing missing, but if there is, feel free to tell! Welcome to "The Zodiac Prophecy"!
Last edited by Hedya on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strength is not the answer, I can tell you that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hedya
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Zodiac Profecy (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ponats on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 am

Prophecy? Was that the intended word for your title? What are the limits on races or this all humans? Does this have anything to do with the Zodiac story from Final Fantasy Tactics?

Not trying to be mean, just wondering openly. :)

edit:

"I think there's nothing missing, but if there is, feel free to tell! Welcome to "The Zodiac Profecy"!" Sorry just being a spell police now.

Are there more kingdoms that were mentioned above? I wasn't thinking elven, but I have an unusual choice I like to mess with when making characters. :)
Last edited by Ponats on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meh.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ponats
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Zodiac Prophecy (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:02 am

Oops, miswrote a word, good one, me! Thanks for pointing that up!

My intention was to have all humans, but if you come up with a nice Elven background, or something else, we could add it up.

It has nothing to do with the Zodiac story from FFT, except for the fact that there will be people representing their sign, but we will get there as the story goes on :)

Don't worry, you're not being mean at all. I appreciate your interest.

Hedya
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 am

Name: Travis
Birthplace: Mezal
Appearance: Travis was never as muscular and bulky as his brother, Frederick. His build is more lanky and long limbed, with well proportioned muscles. He stands at about 5'7, pretty tall for his age. His hair falls in untamed, mahogany brown waves to the nape of his neck. Never really bothering to comb or tie it, his tresses stick around wildly. With a chiseled jaw and sharp features, his face is of rather angular structure. Travis is most often seen in tasteful, comfortable clothes.
Bio: Travis is one of those boys you either love to hate or hate to love. He's smug and annoyingly witty, always having a cool, calm composure. He doesn't react easily to insults or prods, which just seems to frustrate people even more, which is quite amusing to Travis. He often has this certain bemused look in his eyes when he talks to people, as though indulging in a small child. Even though at first Travis is utterly cocky and annoying, he grows on people. In fact, when one gets to know Travis, he or she usually finds his wit rather charming and funny. Behind the cockiness and composure, however, there lies a heart that is capable of being tender and sincere. One just needs to dig.
Live, love, laugh

imogen_22
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Name: Kiya Neferet
Birthplace: Kiazya
Appearance: Image
Kiya is about 6 feet tall, making her the same height as many of the men in Kiazya and quite intimidating. She has a slender build.
Bio: Kiya is quite powerful in Kiazya. Being that she was her father's only child, when he died, she took his position in his trading business. She is in charge of all imports and exports coming in and out of Kiazya. Because she has been put into a position of such responsibility, she has had to adjust to it. Constantly, she must sift through advice that might actually help her, and those who are only trying to take her place because they don't believe an 18-year-old girl can handle it. However, Kiya has quite a good head for business, and is able to manage with only a few trusted helpers.
Last edited by LALAshesang on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel.
But if we built an armor
For our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we start to feel?

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Name: Neo
Birthplace: Owain
Appearance: Neo is about 5"11 and one of the tallest people in the Republic of Owain. He is dressed in a white tunic and pants along with a deep blue cloak, the simple garb of a Senator. He has blonde hair and bright green-eyes. He is also in good shape and, unusually, has a sword at his side.
Bio: Neo was born of a great general who served in the war and it was inevitable that he would reach the rank of Senator because of his father's status as a war hero. Neo was educated in the arts as well as rhetoric and diplomacy. His father, however, saw it fit to teach him to fight should he find need to, though Neo himself prefers diplomacy. He constantly wades through the murky waters of politics for the good of the people and not just the upper class.
Last edited by almostinsane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Ponats, pm me for this choice of yours, I'm curious now. And as for the others, quite fine, up to now. Let's wait for one or two more people and then I'll start the "In Character", alrighty?

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valin on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Name: Jessica Limbo (Limmy)
Birthplace: A city not far from Mezal, Cerialen.
Appearance: Jessica is a small, fragile looking, girl at five foot three. Her slender body seems it'll snap under the weight of a good sized rock. Her looks prove right, a good hit will send her running. Though that is true, she makes up for it in her agility. Long blond hair, pulled into a pony tail with blue knot and out of her brown eyes, reaches to the middle of her back. Her brown eyes have a hint of crazy in them, which is accompanied by her common grin. She wears a loose, green poncho. The poncho lays on her should and only hangs in the front and back, no sides to connect, down to her belly. Underneath is a red leather brassiere. She wears a matching green loincloth that moves down to her knees. Underneath the loincloth is more red underclothes. Her tiny wrists are covered by white bracers, both with one sapphire in them, sticking out with her darkly tanned skin. No shoes are worn and her feet suffer the penalty from it. Long even finger nails are also found on her hands. Two belts hang from both her shoulders to the opposite waist to form an 'X'. Various objects and bags are found on the belts. Another one is on her waist and small daggers are wrapped around her legs. Her bracers allow the control of an oval shaped board that flies. This she stole from a wizard.
Bio: Raised by an abusive father Jessica ran away at the age of 16. She learned to care only for herself. At around 18 she started to become an underground assassin. A year later, she become so successful and cocky she jumped fliers around towns claiming to seek jobs. Governments tried to stop her but she proved to skillful for them and is now even hired by some governments. She has also proved to be criminally insane. She now travels to Mezal after small word about the stolen jewel leaked to her, for her own benefit, to find and claim the precious jewel.
Last edited by Valin on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Valin
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleach'd Symphonia on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:05 pm

Hmm... I'm interested. Though I do have a couple of questions: How long ago was the war? Who started it? and How many years ago did it end?

Haha... Sorry, I'm just overly curious, I guess. ^-^;;

Anyway, profile:

Name: Markus 'Mark' Haliander

Birthplace: Hazhan

Appearance: Markus dresses himself in a casual-formal manner on most occasions. He wears a white collared shirt under a black tuxedo style jacket. He has been known to remove his jacket when fighting. He also wears black dress pants and boots (Sometimes substituted for dress shoes when not in the field). Underneath his shirt is a light chain mail for defensive purposes. His undershirt is never tucked in, and he's never had his clothes ironed for any occasion, which leaves him with a look of carelessness and indifference.

His black hair, falling no further than his ears and being naturally flat and smooth, matches his equally dark brown eyes. He stands at six foot one, and weighs around one hundred and ninety pounds, giving him a tall, lean appearance. Markus' upper body is more defined than his lower, thanks to years of swordplay. He has pale skin and a certain noble air about him despite his careless manner of dress.

At his waist are two criss-crossing belts which hold a cut and thrust style sword on either hip. The swords hold the typical features, the blade begins at a narrow point that was designed to pierce armor, and widens further down. The grip is made of metal wrapped in black leather, and the guard consists of an intricate metal cage that curves out from the hilt and extends to the pommel. A red tassel is tied to an eye at the base of the pommel.

Bio: The Haliander family grew up to be well acquainted with, and in the good graces of the royal family. Because of this, they lived a life of luxury and ease, having enough money that they never wanted for anything. Needless to say, Markus grew accustomed to being spoiled.

Even spoiled noble children, however, learn the proper techniques of fighting. From a young age, he was tutored in the ways of his preferred style—fighting with dual blades. Even now, long after his mandatory lessons have been taught, he still enjoys a good duel, even if they're usually just practice.

Nobility was not enough to allow him to make any lasting friendships, not that he minded that much. He is frequently seen sporting his signature 'smile full of insincere sincerity' as his mother aptly named it. With that and a few well worded compliments, Mark almost always managed to manipulate what he wanted out of his victim. This, coupled with his constant challenges to duels caused most people that knew his true nature to avoid him when possible.

Despite living amongst nobles, Markus had never seen the need to dress formally, openly opposing to do so much to his family's embarrassment. It was his father's idea to speak with the king about getting him a job to teach him responsibility. Since then, Mark has been the royal messenger of the Hazhan kingdom, occasionally having the luck of delivering war threats (Something he honestly enjoyed quite a bit), even if they didn't always end in war. That was five years ago. Since then, not a thing about Markus has changed, except, perhaps, how much he enjoys being the bearer of bad news.
Why, yes! I am insulting your intelligence, but if you were actually intelligent, you wouldn't be insulted, would you?

Bleach'd Symphonia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:12 pm

(OOC: Is the In Character forum up yet?)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleach'd Symphonia on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Here's the link: IC

Hedya must've just forgotten to post it up or something. =)

Bleach'd Symphonia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Okay, thanks. Nice character by the way. :D

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:59 pm

Thankyous Bleach'd, I totally forgot! I don't know where's my head...

The war ended fifteen years ago, and it lasted for five years. Hazhan was the reason the war started (you never imagined, huh?)

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valin on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:55 pm

((have I been accepted? And since you said in the IC forum word hasn't gone public yet, if i am accepted should I just bring my character in later?))

Valin
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleach'd Symphonia on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:47 pm

almostinsane wrote:Okay, thanks. Nice character by the way. :D

You're welcome. And thanks. I'm glad you like him, I know I do. XD

Hedya wrote:Thankyous Bleach'd, I totally forgot! I don't know where's my head...

The war ended fifteen years ago, and it lasted for five years. Hazhan was the reason the war started (you never imagined, huh?)

You're welcome. Haha. It's understandable. We all have our off nights/days/whatever time it is for you. ^-^

And thanks for answering my questions. Stuff like that is fun to incorporate into your characters. =)

Bleach'd Symphonia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Unless I say the opposite, everyone's accepted. So up to now, yup, everyone can just jump into the fun! :)

You're welcome, bleach'd.

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Name: Rayn Willows

Birthplace: Hazhan

Appearance: Rayn stands a lean yet curvaciously feminine 5'11. Her body is composed of long legs good for running and fighting, as well as a lengthy form that allows evasive action with her flexibility. She has skin that is somewhat tan, smooth though tattered with long scars easily seen by those who look.

Her face is softly angled, soft as in by how her cheeks smoothly flow on to her jaw line, regardless their high stature on her face. She has full lips of a glittering bronze color, and hazel eyes that match. Eyes like bronze statues shimmering in the hot sunlight. Coming from her left ear to a few inches from her nose, is a lengthy and jagged scar that oddly does not deter from her appeal.

Rayn is well kempt- with silky black hair falling in gentle rolling waves down to her breasts. It is usually held up raggedly, or just left down to toss about softly. As well, she has long nails. The somewhat lengthy tips are filed into curves and painted a genuine icy blue.

Her attire usually consists of a tank top- usually being tattered or well-worn yet fitting-, long pants- tending to be of the colors between blue and black with many pockets-, and as well a strange waist wrap like a cloth belt, holding her few strange items with her.
As well she wears flat-bottomed shoes of a soft leather, made for long walks or running.

Bio: Rayn was born in Hazhan, the cold lands. At an early age she accepted her poor economic chances, and her poverty-stricken family. They lived without heat, and thus she learned young to deal with extreme temperatures of cold.
Rayn turned 11 and was sent to work in Mezal as a merchant. After three years, things failed for her, and she returned to her sorrowful family.

After a case of an unknown viral infection struck her father and mother, she was left alone. Thus, did Rayn begin into a life of theivary.
Her first targets was the great Markus Hailander, but she sooned learned her lesson. In a fair dual with him, did she find herself at a loss.

This pushed her, inspired her.

Rayn began learning, teaching herself needs and necessities to a life without life.
And now, some odd 7 years have passed, and she continues a life of both philosophy and fighting- praying for her break into economy's better hand.
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:18 pm

By the way! At first my character may play out like an antagonist, but will not stay that way throughout the story.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:32 am

Go ahead, Eternity! :D and nice character, too.

Up to now, I'm quite impressed with all you.

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valin on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:45 pm

My character is an antagonist XD

Valin
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!