Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Zodiac Prophecy

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Zodiac Prophecy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:18 pm

(This is the In Character topic. To go to the OOC, visit this URL: post315214.html#p315214)

((Alright, we're starting! -Zea))

Running from the reunion hall. What had she just heard? A prophecy? What was that about? Father, and those people with him...what was the meaning of that? And the stolen jewel? She knew it was safe, so who could have stolen it?

As she was thinking that, Zea Vaneyla, princess of Mezal, ran to her bedroom to try and hide from any possible guard, or someone.

Zea was wearing a long dress with a big wide long skirt, typical of the royalty. She didn't actually enjoy being locked in there. So it was then that the thought of going to see the Prophecy with her own eyes struck her. She would see many places and get to meet interesting people. What could possibly go wrong?

She sat down in her bed, looking through the glass of the window and seeing lots of people walking around, in the city.

All of a sudden, someone knocked the door, and Zea invited whoever it was to come in. It was one of her maids, who told her that she was supposed to go to the gardens, for the annual ceremony where the princess was walking through some important places of the city, and people were allowed to talk to her, even if she was accompanied by at least six guards, armed with pikes.

She opened the door, and along with them, they started to walk to the first place where they would stop, the market. After that, they were supposed to reach the main square and finally the temple of Sarel.

When they got to the market, Zea realized this year everything was really more populated than what had been last year. Probably none of them knew about the jewel. It was not public yet.

She looked around, her gaze running from face to face. She liked living in there, even if she was locked up. It was a peaceful place in a peaceful time, and she was grateful for that.
Strength is not the answer, I can tell you that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hedya
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Zodiac Prophecy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Kiya sighed. If she had known that Sarel was going to be in an uproar, she would have postponed this little trip. Of course, that would have made things rather hard for her, as there some merchants with which she had to meet as soon as possible, but this was just too much.

The streets were filled with celebrating people, going completely crazy. It was hard enough for her to nagivate a foreign place without all of the distractions, but as it was, she was having an exceedingly difficult time with it. She had been wandering through the city for at least an hour, and she had yet to find her destination, nor was she sure how to get back to the inn at which she was saying.

"I should have paid for that guide they offered ..." Kiya scolded herself quietly beneath her breath.
We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel.
But if we built an armor
For our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we start to feel?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:44 am

Neo shook his head as he took a drink from his glass of ale in one the inns in Sarel. He had forgotten that Sarel would have such a celebration this time of year. With him were two of his father's former soldiers, now Senate Guards. He doubted he'd need them but they were good company. He looked up to see someone come in, rather disoriented he judged.
"She looks familiar," Neo muttered to himself.
"It's that woman from Kiazya," one of his guards told him, taking drink of his pint, "She's an imposing woman, I'd tell you that.
"Oh yeah," Neo said with a grin. He remembered her from one of the diplomatic missions he was on in Kiazya. He found it refreshing to meet with someone his age. She was also rather pretty, he thought with a slight blush. He waved her over, "Need any directions? You look lost."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Kiya smiled, thankful that someone reached out and asked her if she needed help. Normally, she would not admit to it; she was very proud. However, she was growing tired of wandering all over this city.

"I'm actually looking for a certain merchant," she answered. "I believe his name is Kade. I went to his house, but his wife said that he is working today, despite the apparent celebrations, and that his office is in the palace? He's the head of trade around here, I suppose." That was all Kiya was going to say.

She had written this man many letters, but none had been answered. There must have been something going on within the palace, something that might disrupt things. Needless to say, the affairs of this place were not her concern, unless they started to interfere with business in Kiazya, which they were.

"Oh, but I'm so sorry! Where are my manners?" She held out her hand. "My name is Kiya." She figured that would be enough information.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleach'd Symphonia on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Markus stood before the gates that led to the royal palace of Mezal with a most unpleasant look upon his face.

"Oh come now," he began again, trying to persuade the guard. "I've traveled for nearly a week, am tired and hungry, and you're not going to let me inside to have an audience with your king?"

The guard shook his head, an action barely noticeable due to his helmet. "No sir. His Majesty is currently attending to an important matter, and refuses to be seen by anyone at the moment... Hazhan scum..."

Though he was quite sure the last bit of the statement was meant to go unheard, Markus heard it nonetheless. His eyes narrowed fractionally as his voice took on a slightly more... Dangerous tone.

"Is that what you think? That Hazhanians are scum?" His mouth tightened into a thin line as he raised his brows fractionally. "I'll have you know, that we are far from that. Our society is quite noble. We just aren't as... Confident in the intentions of our neighbors as you are."

"That may be, but your kind is still responsible for the war!"
the man retorted, quite obviously forgetting his place.

Markus seethed for a moment before taking on a more placid look.

"I'm sure His Majesty will be pleased to hear that, not only did you deny His royal messenger with a message of utmost urgency for your kingdom, but also were rather rude to a very close acquaintance of His." Markus informed the guard with a pleasant smile that would most likely cause one to assume the situation was not nearly as tense as it was. "Gee. I'd sure hate to have the weight of the next war on my shoulders..."

The guard shuffled uncomfortably, but said nothing.

"So you still won't budge, hmm?" a slight frown appeared on his face, but was quickly replaced by what seemed to be a sincere smile. "Very well. I shall simply head to town to eat, and see if you have changed your mind by the time I have returned."

As he turned, an unimpressed look overtook his features as the thought 'Or changed shifts...' ran through his mind as the guard mumbled a 'Not likely.' under his breath.

Returning to the city he found the streets to be congested with people, even more so than it had been just an hour earlier when he had first passed through. He frowned to himself, silently cursing his misfortune that the streets would be blocked by the masses at the most inopportune moment.

"What is all the crowding about...?"
he murmured more to himself than anybody.

"Oh! Don't you know? The princess is out and about, speaking with some of the citizens!" a nearby woman informed him, her voice holding a note of excitement as she did so.

A cunning smirk appeared on his face as he thanked the woman and began to push further into the crowd. Normally, he hated to be in such close contact with other people, but this might be just what he needed to get into the castle... And perhaps a free meal...

All he needed to do was convince the princess that he had accidentally bumped into her, and that it suddenly occurred to him that he needed to speak with her father about an oh-so-urgent matter...
Why, yes! I am insulting your intelligence, but if you were actually intelligent, you wouldn't be insulted, would you?

Bleach'd Symphonia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Neo smiled back at the woman. He bowed his head to her and said, "I'm Neo. I'm a Senator but I don't like lording it over people like some old men I can mention. It's nice to meet another foreigner in this land, though I'd judge from your appearance to be from Kiazya. I'm from Owain." He thought for a moment about Kade and the situation in this kingdom. He was supposed to meet the king and him for a diplomatic and trade mission but both were involved in some sort of crisis.
FInally, he said, "I was supposed to meet the man you're looking for too, as well as the king as a representative of Owain."
He frowned for a moment. He was young and had only been elected a Senator recently and yet he had made some enemies. A couple were corrupt Senators while others didn't take kindly to a person as young as him becoming a Senator. He had a feeling he was sent here by the Senate because they felt that he was too young for serious matters. Such a routine job was usually reserved for an abassador.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valin on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Jessica floated above the city on her board. She laid flat on her stomach with her elbows, feet, and head hanging off. A frown appeared as she sighed, bored, and her feet began to tap together. She hummed to herself as her bracers glowed and the board began to drop a bit. Once it reached the height of where she could see more detail in everybody it stopped. She yawned watching people run around. She had no idea why or what for but seem watched, gaining a smile, as people bumped into each other, made messes, and stepped on one another's toe.

After scanning around she laid her eyes upon a girl with six guards surrounding her. "Bingo..." she muttered to herself smiling. She sat up, cross legged with her hands gripping the front of the board. Her green eyes stayed glued to the girl as her green poncho blew in the wind. Wherever the girl went, Jessica had the board follow, at a safe distance. She wasn't sure if the rumor was true, only one person she knew heard about it, but she did know it was worth looking into.

Valin
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:48 pm

((Zea))

Zea was enjoying the annual ceremony of closing the gap between the royalty and the townspeople. Of course, it could have been dangerous at some other times, but with the war being over, she was confident that she was safe in her country.

A big crowd was surrounding her, and she had to appear smiling all the time. After some time, she began to feel tired, since she had to walk all the way, and talk with so many unknown people. And yet everyone knew who she was.

"Lady Zea, we never get to see you around the town! Why wouldn't you come more often? We all would be glad to have you around..."

Zea smiled, feeling delighted at what she just heard. "I would really like to come around more often, but important matters don't allow me to have that much free time, and when I do have this free time, I usually need to rest. That is the reason...I hope you can forgive me..."

All of a sudden, something -or rather, someone- called Zea's attention. A tall and strong-built man with black straight hair, who was dressing in a personal way. She wouldn't be able to say if he was dressing formally or casually, although if she was forced to tell one of the two options she would have to go with the second.

He had a sword with him, and he looked to be a stranger...a stranger out in the streets during this ceremony? That was indeed strange!

Finally, they were reaching the final destination, the temple of Sarel. She could see it at the end of the street. However, she was a bit worried about the stranger wearing the black jacket. His brown eyes were sort of scary.

She was also supposed to give a small speech, too, when she made it to the temple. She had spent the last day studying the speech, but with the surprising events of these days, she wasn't quite sure she'd manage to do it alright. Luckily for her, she was surrounded with love.

Hedya
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleach'd Symphonia on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm

After much work and many thoughts of simply turning back rather than expending the effort of pushing through the crowd, he finally caught sight of the princess. This was his best option. There was no way for him to get into the castle otherwise, and His Majesty had been very clear about the importance of the letter being received. It was apparently important enough that not even Markus was allowed to know the contents of the mysterious parchment sealed by the wax imprint of the royal seal.

He absently reached into his pocket, brushing his fingers against one of its rough corners to confirm that it was still tucked safely away. Should he lose it, he would be in a great deal of trouble. Not only with the royal family, but also his own, and news in the palace indeed travels fast.

It was rather hard walking amongst so many people, especially over the uneven path. He certainly didn't wish to be trampled, so he tried his best to keep both a steady footing and a quick pace.

But, as Lady Luck is a fickle woman, he stumbled forward, nearly managing to fall flat on his face before he caught himself.

That was when she looked his way, soft green eyes met his own, darker ones. He regained his composure quickly, straightening his jacket (Not that it did much for appearance's sake), and running a hand through his hair. He pulled one of his more brilliant smiles as he continued to look her way, observing her appearance.

She was a small girl, dressed formally, and not a hair out of place. Just as immaculate as one would expect a noble to be. Certainly nothing like him. But something seemed out of place with her. Perhaps she was just nervous. Just because someone was noble did not mean they had no problems with being the constant center of attention.

He watched her turn away to look down the street. Following her gaze he saw the large temple that they were coming up on. That was the largest temple in Sarel, wasn't it? Magnificent, but it posed a problem: how was he supposed to speak with her if they were nearing the end of her excursion? That would never do.

He frowned in contemplation, eying the ever-present guards trying to figure out whether or not they would hinder his endeavors. Surely they wouldn't attack him, even if he was sporting his twin blades. What fool would attack a member of the royal family in public?

He quickened his pace as he waved slightly in her direction trying to, once again, call her attention to himself.

"Princess! Ah, princess! Please! A moment of your time?" he called after her, attempting to put forth a look of both hopefulness and harmless curiosity at the same time.

As long as these guards weren't as unfriendly as the last one, there would be no conflict. One could only hope...

Bleach'd Symphonia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:53 pm

"Oh! Wonderful!" Kiya exclaimed, outrageously relieved. She couldn't believe her luck. "Then you can help me find this place, then? I've been there before, but it was a few years ago, and the city looks a bit different today, what with all the commotion."

She looked around the inn. The reason she had come inside was because she was rather thirsty, and feeling rather frustrated, but her mood was greatly improved. The thirst, however, still remained. "But, before we go, I really need some water. You'd think that finding a palace in the middle of a city wouldn't be so hard ... I guess I just have no sense of direction."

She walked over to the long table running along one side of the room.

"I just need some water," she stated. A very young girl nodded in response and hustled off.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Neo nodded and followed Kiya, his guards not far behind. He had long since finished his pint and decided that the only right thing to do was to accompany the woman. He smiled a little at her, "I will have to be your guide for the rest of your stay then. Are you sure you wouldn't rather have some ale while you're here, though? This is an inn, after all."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valin on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Jessica zoomed off to the Temple. She knew the princess would heading there by process of elimination and common sense. The board hovered over the tip of it as she sat, crossed legged and armed. She was getting bored but she knew she'd have to stay near the princess for clues. She frowned seeing a man distract her. "Speed this up..." She growled to herself.

Valin
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm

"I don't really like the taste," Kiya responded as she leaned against the table. "And also, I'm not much of a drinker. It is best that I have a clear head for the proceedings. One pint and the world would be spinning." She laughed. "Not what you would expect though, huh?"

She motioned towards her tall frame. "I have the body of someone who should be able to hold their alcohol. But I'm really quite hopeless, unfortunately. No, water will be just fine." The girl brought her a goblet filled with cold clear water, which Kiya sipped slowly. She would have liked to just chug the whole thing, but she was in public, and would act the way she should. "Thank you for being my guide. I really appreciate it. I probably would have spent another hour or so trying to find the damn place."

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Neo blushed as he looked at her figure. She was truly beautiful. A bit imposing, but beautiful nonetheless. He flushed even more as the Senate Guards snickered. It was times like these that he wished the guards followed protocol with him. He spoke, "Well, I don't drink much to tell the truth. It's good on occasion, though. Anyway, it's no problem, milady. It'd be my honor to escort you."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Kiya merely nodded, burying her face in her goblet. She would have been a fool if she did not notice the way he was looking at her. Immediately, she put on her business face. The one that showed no emotion at all. Then, she finished the rest of her water.

"So, I'm guessing that you're familiar with this place?" She asked as she eyed all of his guards. "And also well-known? Are all of them necessary?" Kiya started feeling a little nervous. Though, it did make some sort of sense. Honestly, on a day when the princess was out and about on the streets, there were surely to be some loons out there.

Luckily for her, no one ever really gave her much trouble. It was the height.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:53 pm

Neo rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, "I suppose if you don't want them around, it'd be fine." He turned to the two guards, "You can have the day off. Enjoy yourselves. It's a festival after all."
The guards grinned, liking the idea. One of them winked at Neo, making him flush a little. Yep. He did wish for protocol sometimes. He spoke up again, "I know enough about this place, at least enough to know where the place you want to go is. It's really strange, though... Neither the person you're looking for nor the king would see me, today. That's very unusual."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:59 pm

"I didn't mind the guards," said Kiya, "I was just wondering if people were really so eager to attack you." Playfully, she smirked, and then left some coin on the table, leaving a little extra as a tip for the girl. Then, she started walking out of the inn.

"And if a senator couldn't get in, I doubt that I will have much more luck." This was a lie. Kiya expected to be let in wherever she went, simply because it was what she was used to. If she placed her hand on any sort of business venture, money practically fell from the sky onto it. Of course, they were not here to discuss anything new, only some irregularities in the trade industry of late, however, she was confident that they would be able to reach some sort of agreement today, or at least figure out exactly what the problem was. Kiya hated not knowing exactly what the problem was. She shrugged. "But I suppose there is no harm in trying."

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:08 pm

"I'm not that of an important Senator, though," Neo admitted to her as he followed her out of the inn, "One of the major reasons why I was elected was because my father was a great general during the war. I have to work hard because of that, to prove to the people that I am more than just some someone who is only in power because of his father. Some Senators act like I'm too young and that I don't know the first thing about being a Senator."
He shook his head feeling a little embarrassed, "Sorry. I was rambling. I don't suppose you appreciate it."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:13 pm

"Oh, don't worry, I do," Kiya stated. "I face the same problem. A lot of the head economic figures in Kiazya doubt my abilities to control all aspects of the trade coming in and out of the city because of my age and "lack of experience." However, it's not really a government appointed job. Officially, I don't run anything, but the way things are. My father became a very powerful man, and none of the merchants did anything without consulting him about it, so the government had no choice but to work with him. When he died, I was the only one left to take over ... I won't even begin to explain how angry that made them .." she couldn't help but chuckle.

"Anyway .. I was getting off track. The point is, I know exactly how you feel."

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 pm

"Thanks," Neo told her, flashing her a smile, "I'm glad you understand. So, who is the man you're supposed to see supposed to be? All I know is his name and that he's very important in regulating trade in this country, under the king of course." He grinned when he heard what sounded like fireworks nearby, obviously an accident in the midst of the festivities, "Those aren't supposed to go off yet..."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!