Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Theocracy

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Can a Theocracy ever work?

No, you need only look at Iran and Israel in modern times while Middle Ages show historically it can't
79%
Yes (Provide Examples)
7%
I don't really know.
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: Theocracy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kashim on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:57 pm

dealing with it,

Since my point was that, all things considered, hairstyles is unimportant, how much does it matter? Not one bit.

You lied. Your lie would portray Islam in a negative light, so it matters a lot. But you have made it clear here that it doesn't matter to you that you spread lies about Islam. What do you think that says about yourself?

I must admit, though, it was kind of funny when you were screaming "libel" at me. You take your religion a little too seriously.

I take the fact that you are lying about Islam very seriously.

Which fallacy?

Look up the definition fallacious.

There is no such thing as an absolute value. It's make-believe.

You are entitled to believe that, and I'm not going to ridicule you for it either.

For anyone looking for actual arguments against Islam, from atheists who bothered to read the Quran: Answering Islam. I'd probably agree with these guys if I'd wasted my time studying this religion, since I inevitably tend to agree with the non-believers.

Sure, but I think you do yourself a great injustice if Answering Islam, which by the way is an anti-Islamic website that is severely biased and prejudiced, is the only source you're willing to study Islam from. What do you think this says about yourself?

Disbelief (skepticism) is the only way to be consistent, and it doesn't require one to pretend that he has access to Truth and Virtue.

Again, you are entitled to believe that, and I'm not going to ridicule you for it either.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kashim
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Maybe my post was unclear.

-You should stop talking about the official Islamic hairdo, and what it says about me, because you're being silly and everyone but you knows you're being silly.
-Would some anti-histamines help you shut up about the hairdo thing?
-I know how to say "no" to religious people.
-I did not use fallacious reasoning when explaining the power structure of a theocracy. (And this is emphasized by the fact that you are unable to specify which fallacy I was guilty of.)
-Islam is unequivocally a religion. Just need to throw this out there.
-In an Islamic theocracy, Muslims have powers non-Muslims do not have, because that's what a theocracy is.
-Absolute values do not exist, since all values are judgments from a point of view. You can't have absolutes if everything is relative.

The last thing, about absolute values, is the most important issue, since if you believe in absolute values, you have a wildly inaccurate view of what values are. It almost deserves its own thread, since it's a far deeper issue than anything we've discussed here, up to and including the official Islamic hairdo that's wildly popular in Iran and possibly the Quran.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kashim on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 pm

dealing with it aka "the liar",

You should stop talking about the official Islamic hairdo, and what it says about me, because you're being silly and everyone but you knows you're being silly.

So the lair speaks for everyone now?

Would some anti-histamines help you shut up about the hairdo thing?

The liar seems to be getting upset.
I know how to say "no" to religious people.

That's fine.

I did not use fallacious reasoning when explaining the power structure of a theocracy. (And this is emphasized by the fact that you are unable to specify which fallacy I was guilty of.)

Again, the liar should look up the definition fallacious.

Islam is unequivocally a religion. Just need to throw this out there.

The lair is entitled to believe that, and I'm not going to ridicule the liar for it either.

In an Islamic theocracy, Muslims have powers non-Muslims do not have, because that's what a theocracy is.

Again, the lair is entitled to believe that, and I'm not going to ridicule the liar for it either.

Absolute values do not exist, since all values are judgments from a point of view. You can't have absolutes if everything is relative.

For the third time, the lair is entitled to believe that, and I'm not going to ridicule the liar for it either.

The last thing, about absolute values, is the most important issue, since if you believe in absolute values, you have a wildly inaccurate view of what values are.

Sure.

...the official Islamic hairdo that's wildly popular in Iran and possibly the Quran.

But I've told the liar that it's not in the Quran.

The liar and I have different beliefs. We can agree on that much.

Kashim
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Your conviction that I'm rolling in the mud has resulted in you rolling in the mud.

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies." -F. Nietzsche

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kashim on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:49 am

Your conviction that I'm rolling in the mud has resulted in you rolling in the mud.

The liar is entitled to believe that.

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies." -F. Nietzsche

This proves nothing, but it seems that the liar has taken this statement to heart in its current predicament.

Whether the liar has also taken what Nietzsche says about women to heart remains in question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_ ... s_on_women

Kashim
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!