Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Oh, THERE You Are

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Oh, THERE You Are

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awesomeocalypse on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 am

I feel as though I've been hiding in a cave during a game of hide and seek that nobody was aware I was playing and I've been there for far too long...

Recently, I went through a number of fairly traumatic situations in my life that called for my sudden leave of absence. Namely, my computer breaking. I know, I know...terrible. So there was a length of time that I just disregarded the fact that I needed a computer at all, thus my rude disappearance began. I started going outside and doing outdoorsy stuff that I normally viewed as childish like running and jumping in the snow, throwing a football, and going to cookouts complete with burgers and beer. At first, it was joyous and merry and I had no complaints. But as time went on, it all blurred into one big boring pile of whatever. I needed something more in my life, something that I knew I had had at one point but had lost.

So I got married. There were flowers and cake and grandmas pinching my cheeks and all that good stuff. My new wife and myself began our joyous and merry life together. It was the definition of true love. However, I was still missing something.

That was when I dusted off a couple old Playstation games and threw in a classic by the name of The Legend of Dragoon. About halfway through disc two, I realized that what I had been missing all along was roleplaying. Overjoyed by my realization, I ran to my computer desk and almost cried, completely forgetting that I didn't have a computer. So I rushed to the store and purchased myself a brand new laptop and whisked it home so I could, once again, indulge in letting myself get lost in this fantastic world. However, it had been so long, I couldn't remember the address for the website. I searched and scoured and Googled until I couldn't Google anymore. I admitted defeat and retreated back to reality.

Time went on. Nothing changed. I wanted to write epic roleplays of grandeur and adventure. Throw the heroes into perilous situations with barely a gleam of hope guiding their way. But alas, I could not. Until one day, by chance, as if a sign from some greater power, I found The Gateway. Jumping for joy and clicking my heels together was nowhere near enough to celebrate my happiness, but there was no time for celebration. It was time for redemption.

So here I stand before you, once again, and pledge to never again abandon roleplays as I have done. To never again create a world that others wish to partake adventuring in and leave them to wonder and wish. To never again depart without a warning or farewell.

(In short, guys...my computer broke and I forgot the URL. My bad.)
Roleplayer.
Writer.
Dude.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Awesomeocalypse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Oh, THERE You Are

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:11 am

That is some story there Awesomeocalypse, and for some reason I couldn't help but read it all. Some points made me laugh, a little sorry if that is not the intention you quite meant to cause. But hey your adventure is finally over you found us again! But don't worry, I am sure there are several other cases like that. Pretty sure once or twice someone came down pretty sick and had to go for a few months or more. Least you came back right? ^.^

But nevertheless, Welcome Back! Hope you fit right back in and I hope to catch you around. As well I hope to find some kind of shorter nickname for you but maybe I am hoping for a little too much!

♪♫Whether if-its for the light, or if-its for the dark. Here I stand, my head held high. ♫♪

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:12 am

LOL. This is one of the best introductions (or is it re-introductions?) I've read. I can just imagine you typing this up with a grandiose expression on your face, painting this broad, vivid strokes of your life, and your quest for a new computer.

Anyways! Good to have you back around. There've been a few aesthetic changes to the website since 2009, so if you see anything that looks a bit off since the last time you touched it, don't worry! We're just in the process of becoming the most bleeding-edge text-based roleplay website out there on the internet. :P

Alright, alright. I don't know if you remember me or not, but I'm Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm a long-running member here at RPGateway. If you've got any questions at all, feel free to shoot a PM my way, or just figure it out yourself since you're probably familiar (for the most part) with what stuff does.

Your banner made me grin. Just had to say that.

Welcome back my friend, and I hope to see you around!

Oh, also ..

I started going outside and doing outdoorsy stuff that I normally viewed as childish like running and jumping in the snow, throwing a football, and going to cookouts complete with burgers and beer.

^ Story of my life, man.

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awesomeocalypse on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 pm

I did entirely intend for the epic adventure of rejoining the forums to be comedic, kind of my way to ease myself back into things as well as hopefully lightening any angered feelings towards my sudden absence, if any. And yes, I did have a large grin across my face as I wrote. I've been feeling very literary lately, and I'm hoping that it continues.

But anyways, thanks for the warm welcomes. I appreciate it. I look forward to jumping right back into it all as soon as I can.

Awesomeocalypse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!