Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On This Damaged Earth... (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: On This Damaged Earth... (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm

"... Whuh?" Fritz's head slowly, slowly tilted to one side. His right eyebrow inclined, and his fingers absentmindedly began strumming the riff from "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash. The guitarist looked to his right, and noted the sihlouette with the rifle. Fritz immediately strafed to the left, hoping for an alley, a storefront, something to dive through -

... Brick wall.

Fritz smashed head-on into a cold brick wall. He went one way, the brick wall went nowhere, and then Fritz was on the sidewalk. His guitar seemed to hang in midair for a second, while the guitarist couldn't even think. Just before it smashed into the ground, Fritz snatched it out of midair and drunkenly stumbled back to his feet. An awkward second passed between Fritz and the scavenger party, then: "Who the fuck are you talking about!? I have a guitar! What am I supposed to do, cave your skull in with it?"
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:41 pm

That should keep gangs off for now. Annie knew her way around guerrilla warfare and was using a modern tactic that consisted of speaking in shouts and deliberately placing an excess of men on the outside of an outpost to appear larger. "Have you?" She looked at Rat, showing her attention was present when he recalled the weapon in the box.

"Over there, there's someone walking towards us!" No ammo and no visible battery; I might be able to take a shot or two while I get there though. Just gotta crouch low... It was spoken somewhere between a murmur and normal speech, the whipping currents hopefully drowning out the sound from getting to the other person. Instantly, several plans of attack were devised in her mind - each one revolving around being a human shield. Minimize wounds to myself along the way-- ten, twelve meters? Redoubling at four per second. It looks like a semi-automatic, nothing like a standard issue. While she was only a medic in service, having been around so many wounded soldiers, officers amongst them, Annie knew the ins and outs of battle.

A rumbling sound alerted her further, resonating to the left, just at the height of Nykori's 'house'-- Nykori's house?! Dammit! We're in the deep, alright. The right hand hovered over the tactical knife's sheath, her peripheral keeping the dilapidation close by. "First chance you get, scramble for her. I'll cover you." Another whisper in the bellowing winds, their intimidation factor had obviously failed. Upon taking heed of the man's lowered weapon, the right hand was raised: most soldiers being right-handed, it meant they'd no intention of attacking.

Just then, at the peak of her denied nerves, another entity approached from the opposite side, close to Rat. Nonchalantly, this person greeted them as a bystander would have on the street prior to the flash. "You play diplomat with that guy, I'll take this one. If anything comes up, you know plan B." With a sickening mix of excitement and fear, Annie walked slowly, turning her head to see Nykori emerging from the alley, looking safe and sound. The left arm reached behind her back and pointed at the woman, the towards Rat. She was no longer with the army, but hopefully she'd get the message.

"We're not aggressive." It was uttered firmly, implying they would be if push came to shove. The distance was now of five meters, an awkward shot for virtually any rifle, to which she eased and lowered the raised arm. "Annie Starstruck. What's your name? Did you come with him?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OptimusPrime on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Jason had been walking for a long time; he had walked in light, dark, shadow, sun, you name it. But now, he saw something strange. He saw a group of people, a large group of people, up ahead, and they looked as if they needed some help. Jason broke into a sprint, his feet hitting the Earth with loud THUMP's that left small indents. Jason soon saw the people more clearly; foremost, he saw a girl, and a strange man. He ran up to them, and skidded to a stop. He opened his mouth, and spoke. "You people look as if you could use a little help. Could someone please explain to me what's going on?" Ahh, the sound of one's own voice. Jason had not heard his for some time, and was surprised at how deep it was; he didn't remember it being so deep.
Last edited by OptimusPrime on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OptimusPrime
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleg on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Rat was saved from not having to answer Annie's reply by the distraction of the newcomers. Hopefully she'd forget about it and just let it go. He didn't really want to let her know where he'd been stuck at before the flash. Not yet.
He tensed as the man in front of him with the guitar jumped, but relaxed and watched with disbelief as he jumped sideways into a wall. What a nutcase! He had no idea how this guy had survived. As the man collected himself, Rat turned his head quickly to look at the other person, man, with the rifle. He breathed out a sigh of relief as the man approached closer, clearly indicating he wasn't going to shoot them to pieces. Still wary though, Rat held on to his knife.
He turned around again to look at the man. Standing up, Fritz towered over Rat's short height.

"Who the fuck are you talking about!? I have a guitar! What am I supposed to do, cave your skull in with it?"

Rat frowned in irritation. "Well how was I supposed to know you weren't in with that guy," He gestured to the man with the rifle, "And trying to do us in?" His vexation with the man grew, not helped by his tall height. "You don't just walk up on people like that!"
He snorted indignantly and spun the knife in his hand. It was a habit he'd developed over the years, to fiddle with things when he was angry.

He then noticed, of all things, yet another person entering the scene.
"You people look as if you could use a little help. Could someone please explain to me what's going on?"
A bit taken aback, Rat just stared at the man for a second. This was getting a bit too much for him to bear, this sudden appearance of all these people. He'd sworn that when they'd arrived here, the place had been deserted.
"No." He replied bluntly to the new guy.
Offering help? Who was he, superman?
Maybe it's not my weekend
but it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
And this is my reaction
to everything I fear
'Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here

littleg
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleg on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 pm

(I accidentally double-posted so I deleted what I wrote)

littleg
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OptimusPrime on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Jason saw irritation in the man's face. He held up his hands. "Do not worry, I meant you no harm...I don't believe you have answered my previous question. Can you, or someone else, please explain to me what you people are doing right now?" As far as Jason could tell...hell, he had no idea what these people were trying to do. Cautious now, Jason reached into his backpack, and pulled out the chipped knife. "And for your information, I can be far worse than any Superman you would ever have seen."

OptimusPrime
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 am

John wasn't surprised when he saw the couple's reaction to his arrival, it didn't surprise him. They both seemed nervous, who wouldn't be, he was holding a rifle after all. The woman held herself tall and strong. She seemed to be in charge so John slowed his pace and walked towards her. However a gigantic crumbling and crashing sound retorted out. John swung around to see the building collapse into a heap. He let his rifle drop even more, there was no way he would be able to use it now. He quickly turned around to the woman, suddenly nervous about having his back to anyone, epically this hardened woman.

He noticed the smaller man's attention was taken by another arrival who seemed dazed and shocked, and rather ticked. John turned his attention away and focused on the woman who had approached him. Looking at her stance and the way she carried herself she looked like military, or ex-military really. There didn't seemed to be an army where he was anymore.

"We're not aggressive." The woman said strongly, obviously military. "Annie Starstruck. What's your name? Did you come with him?"

John replied by stepping slightly closer and extending his arm for a handshake.
"Neither am I. John Al Tora" He said, his european accent clear in contrast against Annie's american one. He looked over to where the other men were and noticed another arrival.
"No I'm not with either of them, you're the first humans I've seen since the flash." He spoke matter-of-fact, getting used to talking to others again. "Could you tell me where we are, because I don't know."
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 am

Nykori crept towards the front of the building, trying her best to stay in the shadows. As soon as the rumbling of the building died down she had started to hear the voices of Annie, Rat, and strangers through the ringing of her ears. Annie crossed her field of vision. Nykori didn’t notice the woman look at her, but then she started signaling. Nykori, while not a fan of war movies, had loved to play war as a kid and knew the general idea of the signal.

She crept forward more. Her arms were full with her board and the extra food, and if it came down to it she would be useless in a fight. And as much as she enjoyed people not trying to kill her on sight, if it came down to a fight she planned to high-tail it out of there and find a new hovel to reside in.

When she got to the mouth of the alley she peeked out. There were three males – and one of them had a gun. Annie was closer to this man, while Rat seemed prepared to take on another with a knife and the third with a guitar. Personally, Nykori though a bat or a crowbar would be more efficient at beating someone to death, but some people had a weird sense of humor.

“Niether am I.” the one with the gun spoke, apparently replying to something Annie said. “John Al Tora. No I’m not with either of them, you’re the first humans I’ve seen since the flash. Could you tell me where we are, because I don’t know.” He stepped forward with his hand extended. Nykori watched him curiously. She hadn’t heard an accent that thick in a while. Of course, she didn’t believe his story for a moment. Slowly, so as to not draw attention to herself, she backed up until she was well hidden again. She looked down at the food in her arms and then reached through the wall to place it on the other side. She lay her board and backpack besides it. If she happened to die, no way in hell with her murders going to get anything from her.

With her mind made up, she started heading towards the mouth of the alley again. She was tired of hiding, tired of crouching in a crumbling building when the sun shown, tired of not being able to trust others, and tired of being scared. If she could distract ‘John’ long enough, perhaps Annie could get the gun from him and change the course of the fight she was sure would break out. Just before she stepped into the light, Nykori took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She moved her feet into position and leaned forward, ready to charge. Yup, she was going to bull rush the guy with the gun.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

"I was playing!" Fritz shouted, holding the guitar in the air and pointing at it. Somehow he thought that his guitar was the most obvious sound in the world, and not the extremely loud crash of a building falling down. It may have just been his hearing, though. He was good at hearing things. Better than most people.

He looked over towards Nykori by chance, then over at the man with the rifle. He tilted his head over to one side and pointed a thumb in her direction. "Friend of yours?" He said in a hushed tone.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:02 pm

"Mmm." Annie mulled over the man's name and the fact he'd seen humans only just now. They were too close for the rifle to be of any use, and with her closing the distance to a meter and half, she was confident enough to analyze the accent. She hadn't been deployed outside of the Empire in a long time, but that was a British accent if she'd ever heard one.

"The American Empire. I'd reckon we're somewhere near..." Thinking for a moment, she realized she had no sure idea of where they were. Assuming she hadn't traveled far, there was a vague clue of their location. "Where Seattle used to be. Yeah, somewhere in Seattle." She turned around, keeping him close on sight, walking slowly after motioning for him to follow.

"We were on our way to a village on the western outskirts of this place. I don't suppose you'd have a use for a trip? That is, if you were wandering about in the first place. If not, I'd like to part ways without compromising my squad's morale." The offer made, Annie actually hoped for him to come along-- the more the merrier, or at least safer from raider groups. With the biggest she'd seen being thirty strong, she was positive they could be anywhere nearby. They were a desperate bunch, and for whatever they could get a hold of, they'd keep an eye on her.

"Rat, this man seems clean... How are yours?" She spoke from behind him now, the corner of her eye catching Nykori as a subtle nod exerted, hoping to keep the woman in check. I feel so... Big. In my life, would I have gotten the chance to be a real soldier. Too bad it has to be like this...

"A guitar and a knife. Boys, I'd put down your 'weapons'." A guffaw was let out, resembling her own leader's chuckles. It was a semblance of arrogance made to intimidate, Annie was nothing like that under a less hostile environment. "We don't feel like having guts for dinner, so how about you two give me your names and we get better acquainted?" The right hand hovered over the tactical knife's sheath. "Or we could hold our noses and just eat the guts anyway." With the bluff placed, it was matter of hope. Hoping they wouldn't catch on and skewer them where they stood. Sure, the military packed its might, but a medic was only decent at best in a combat situation.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleg on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 am

"Well I'm sorry but I couldn't hear anything," Rat replied to Fritz sardonically.
His eyes narrowed as the other man pulled out a knife. Chipped, broken, rusty compared to Rat's glowing knife in near-perfect condition. And not to mention his enhanced dexterity. If it came down to a knife out between the two, it would almost be fun. He didn't understand this man though, first he says he means no harm, then he pulls out a knife.
"We're having a party," Rat replied sarcastically.
Honestly, he didn't think this guy needed to know what they were up to. Maybe it was better if he didn't. His incessant questions were beginning to bug him, and Rat could see no connection or good reason why this man was entitled to be privy to that information.
It was probably the worst job he could've been given, this diplomacy stuff. He wasn't naturally the world's most polite person, and if he didn't like someone, he didn't attempt to try to.

"Friend of yours?"

Rat turned his body, rather then his head, so he could keep an eye on both men (not that that was such a hard thing to do, they were both so tall) and at the same time look towards the direction Fritz was indicating.
"What? Oh, yeah," He replied.
A small smile filled his face, and his irritancy somewhat lifted as he was reassured of Nykori's safety. She appeared not to be hurt, if not now a little more dusty.

Rat was relieved to hear and see that the man with the rifle was not a threat, and shrugged in reply to Annie.
"They seem pretty harmless to me, nothing we couldn't take on."
His gaze fell on his bike and he felt the urge to just be away from this place and be alone for a while. After two weeks of isolation, being on the move, avoiding people, this felt a bit like an overload to his system.

littleg
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OptimusPrime on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Jason was getting a little annoyed with Rat. He decided to show him just how serious he could be when he wanted to. He saw the man's gaze fall on the bike, and saw that it was not in the best condition. He walked slowly over to it, and reached out. He paused, and said, as if in afterthought, "May I?" Not waiting for an answer, he placed his hand on the bike. He closed his eyes, and after a moment, the components of the bike began to shift, repairing themselves. After a minute, he stepped away. He turned to see Rat's face.

((Don't know if I can do this or not, but I have a quick question. Is Rat's bike a bicycle or a motorcycle? I can edit and delete this part if I'm not supposed to have this.))

OptimusPrime
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:31 am

John raised a eyebrow when he heard he was in Seattle. 'Seattle?' He thought to himself 'Figures. Americans can't keep their hands off what they don't own.' He folllowed after the woman as she indicated. She was heading to the bunch of men, the ones that weren't with him.

"We were on our way to a village on the western outskirts of this place. I don't suppose you'd have a use for a trip?" the woman asked. John was quick to respond, nodding quickly. "I'll be glad to go with you, I've got transport" He said, indicating his bike on the other side of the street. "I've been wandering around since I woke so I guess I have nothing else to do." He quickened his pace slightly to keep up with the military woman.

He kept his mouth shut throughout the encounter with the men, at least until Annie had finished her threating. He decided to add a little. "People. Really I think not of us want to get in a fight. Hell, what is there to fight over apart from scraps not worth shedding blood about." He said this rather steadily, aiming at the other new arrivals. He hadn't exactly had practice talking to people with knives however. He shifted his shoulder to bring attention the rifle which was again swung across his back.

John blinked in shock as one of the men stepped over to a bike and some reassembled and repaired the piece of junk without even touching the thing.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:14 am

Nykori felt relief wash through her when she realized that Annie didn’t want her to attack. She stepped back, almost dizzily, and leaned against the side of the building. She didn’t know what had come over her – thinking of rushing someone with a weapon. After taking a deep breath she padded down the alley to where she had stored her belongings. It took only a moment of shifting before she brought them out of the wall. She could vaguely hear Annie saying something about guts and Rat remarking about a party. She donned the backpack and held her board and sack in her arms as she went towards the mouth of the alley again.

The woman stepped out of the alley, squinting in the sudden light. The five of them were now grouped together to the side. Nykori edged towards them. In the sunlight, she realized how dusty she was – as if she had been lying in a storage room for several months and had only gotten up after several inches of dust had accumulated. She shifted her belongings into one arm and began to pat herself down with the other. Large puffs of dust billowed up every time her hand connected.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw one of the men step towards Rat’s bike, and parts of it started to move at his touch. Nykori pursed her lips. Personally, she thought it stupid to show off the gift. No one in Nykori’s life knew what she could do and she kept it that way. It was like playing a game of cards and showing your entire hand before the game was finished. Never let the opponent know all of your secrets.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

"We won't need to, then. Unless anybody here feels like dying..." Almost out of this one, just a little bit more! Thankful, a smile painted her face: it was subtle, but expressed an enormous gratitude. She had answered to Rat and promptly looked to her back, John still there. "Excuse me." Dirt, reddish dirt, metallic dirt... Dirt nonetheless, the path was just vaguely delineated on the ground, leading to a rural, enclosed village kilometers from there.

"Anyway," her attention clearly diverted by the lifeless gaze forward, the voice was monotonous, even a little dazed. "Al Tora's right. We have no reason to have a skirmish here; we'd just be giving our stuff to the vultures out there. Besides, if we part now, we'll reach the village by 2200 hours." A grimace befell her, she was no longer talking to trained soldiers, but civil men and women, the ones that had praised them as heroes after every deployment. Turning her head to everyone else, she noticed the very ending of Jason's stunt, staring intently at the powerbike with curiosity.

At ease now, her back hung subtly and she walked back to a pile of rubble. "We should get going now, everyone. We can chatter along the way, this is no place to do so." Having placed a leg over her own, she counted them all, then counted the people. "I'm carrying a sick man already-- who gets the double load?" Annie took heed of him now, he was dead asleep right now, maybe actually dead. The engine revved as both feet were placed on pedals.

"Stay close to me, guys, we shouldn't split off."

They planted cryogenic seeds some two-hundred years back, it should be the biggest village yet, but I don't know if it could house them. This load of people is particularly big. Annie began to accelerate, then slowed down considerably after realizing she too was tired.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:45 pm

"Stickin' close to you, boss." Fritz grunted. He lowered the guitar back down into playing position and strummed a few random chords, checking to see that it was still in tune. Which, miraculously, it was. He looked around at the group. He realised that the leader-type was asking for someone to carry things for her, which was alright with Fritz. Most of his time at the shop was spent lifting and carrying anyways.

"I'll take some of the load, chief," The wanderer offered quietly.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleg on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:11 am

occ// Optimus yeah that's fine and it's a powerbike. Says so specifically in the previous posts, please read them?!?!?!?

Rat watched suspiciously as the man stepped towards his newly obtained bike. With a look of mild concentration, he touched it and the parts of the bike began to magically re-assemble before his eyes. Rat was impressed, but he wasn't going to show it and wasn't going to allow this man the satisfaction of knowing that he was grateful. His face remained impassive. Besides, his knife skills totally beat being able to rearrange some parts in a machine.
"Thanks," was all he muttered.
He sheathed his knife, feeling less wary around these new strangers. He still didn't know their names, but that could be learnt later. Annie was right, they ought to be going.
He had a bike, Annie had a bike, John had a bike and Nykori had her hover board. They were all set for transport, he and John would just have to double up.

Rat now had the choice of picking a passenger. It was tough really, he didn't particularly like either of the men. The guitar man seemed pretty harmless-- he'd jumped into a brick wall in a state of panic. Rat snorted quietly in amusement.
And now the other guy, the one who'd fixed his bike. Well, Rat didn't want to seem indebted to him. If he gave him a lift, then maybe he would think that Rat felt grateful for fixing his bike.

"She means who's going to get a ride with who, not who's going to carry stuff," Rat replied condescendingly to Fritz. He'd made his choice, guitar man over magical mechanic fixing dude it was. He felt superior to this guy with the guitar. Rat was more aware of what was happening, he'd been here first and he hadn't smashed into a brick wall when he'd seen the rifle.
"Come on, hop on the back." He gestured, moving towards the bike.
He jumped into the driver's seat, and the bike emitted a deep rumble as it turned on.
Rat glanced quickly towards the guy who'd fixed it. The bike felt already felt vastly improved, and he hadn't even moved yet.

littleg
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:32 am

John nodded in agreement with the military woman, he would have found he strict army-like "2200 hours" slightly funny but he didn't show it. This was mostly because a long time of isolation did that to a person. He wandered back over to his bike, watching the group split to their transports. He noticed the guitar man clamber on with Rat, leaving Jason seemingly lonely.

Al'Tora waved at the man from across the road, beckoning him over. He started up the bike, it rose to sit just off the ground. John indicated the slight extension for Jason to mount. As the climbed on John said "Don't mess with my baby okay" talking about the man's manipulation of the powerbike. He kicked the machine into the air and set off after Annie. "My name's John" he called over his shoulder, the moving air whisking most of the volume away.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 pm

So they were off. They rode, and rode, and then rode some more. With the chance to have idle chatter, introductions flew here and there, as well as menial facts about one another. Following the dirt road, the group had the chance to see the dusty layer around the sun dye itself pitch black, the moon erecting itself under its confines. Poorly lit, Annie realized she carried nothing for such a purpose. At least, not until that day.

Rummaging through the copilot seat, she awkwardly moved the static body to the edge, its arms drooping over the half sphere that contained him. After a few seconds of scrambling the miscellaneous items, the handgun emerged. Masterfully, it was spun around each finger but the thumb, then set as if to fire. They'd been fortunate: it had a cannon-lantern. The small tube latched above the barrel lit up, a tiny spec of optic green flowing outside, forming a steady beam that lit up about the size of an average eyeball.

She sighed. A small wheel was turned on the mouth of the gun, the dot expanding to a large circle, resembling a household door now. With the way lit for them, they should have been just fine...

Far into the night now, unknowingly how much so, she saw a rock protruding from the horizon. It seemed rather even, but the most odd thing was the fact that it was visible from such a long distance.

"Everyone, be on your guard! We're on the right road, but I don't remember this thing being in the way!"

Ten to fifteen minutes later, she was skidding to a stop in front of it. Gargantuan: the metallic orb possessed various glass screens and subtle white lights - too large for a fighter ship, and definitely too small for a battlecraft. Anything else likely belonged to Europe, as nobody else had any military might and the Empire didn't custom anything like that. It was easily ten meters in height, the lights about as large as a soccer ball.

Curiosity had reached its maximum, Annie simply got up and off, walking a short distance to the ship. "I hadn't seen anything like this. I'm guessing half this cake's underground still, judging from the seamless skin it has." It just looked too futuristic. Such a simple design, and yet so sleek, so awe-inspiring, so... Sinister. Her first instinct was to near it, resting an ear over the hull. "Huh." No sounds of an alarm, or electronic security. Knife drawn, it was set to strike away at the armor, stabbing it and piercing the layer of steel, or whatever it was.

Said and done, she was amazed to see the inside of the vessel with just one attack. This weapon was made for that purpose, but Annie thought it'd last more. "I'll have a look-see, you all cover me from outside." The handgun was kept close, for the intimidation factor if anything. "Ungh." Her toe was stubbed on a safe. Once more, she listened into its contents. Nothing. This wasn't an ordinary cargo ship if it had nothing of value in its safes.

-KRRGH- The two, three layers of tempered titanium were ripped to shreds by the knife. She shook the contents out, hopefully they'd find food or water - the village would happily receive the others if they brought in a gift. "Well that's downright lucky." The barrel of a SR pistol protruded from the gap. They were the most rare amongst the rarer of weapons. Handed out to the best of tacticians only, they were capable of regenerating ammunition from the air itself. They were all that, but they weren't food.

"Well, it'll be real handy."

The sounds of banging, then ripping were heard, as Annie came out of a larger hole than the one she'd gone in through. "This is either a top secret military vehicle or a very convincing hallucination. We oughta get a closer look in." She pointed to the hole carved out of the hull. "After you guys." Annie gripped the SR pistol with a hint of glee in her face. A real live soldier...

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wassaw on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 pm

June woke up with a start banging her head against the roof of the culvert pipe. Lucky whatever woke her stopped over her skidding to a stop masked the sound that she made when her head hit the pipe. She had been sleeping all day because she did not like traveling during the day because it seemed like that when everyone else was awake and they were more dangerous then what could be out there during the night. Soon she heard a person getting off her bike "Dam it, maybe i have been found I hope there just.." She was cut off her train of thinking by this loud banging, stabbing and cutting sound of metal. "What the hell are they doing up there" there above her she heard a muffed voce seemed to be give commands."Seems like that is their leader" slowly getting up shaking out her boots and chaps quietly as possible. "I will be ready if the they come down here to fight my way out cause of the small space would be easy if the just regular bandits but if not i could trying fleeing on my bike".

Wassaw
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!