Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Is this it? Have I finally found writer's paradise?!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Is this it? Have I finally found writer's paradise?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverflyte on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Yes, I do sound a bit like I've been searching a desert for water, but that's often how I feel looking for good role plays on the web.
I am a seasoned role-player who regrettably is a tad out of practice for all the flat, uninteresting stories and characters I have sifted through. This site however looks like it is the oasis over the dune!

Hallo all, Silverflyte here, friends call me Griffin. They also call me creative, which I hope you will call me too in time.
I am a half-decent writer according to myself and completely besotted with anything in myth or legend (Its the cultural reflection, the literal interpretation of the world, the magic and incredible imagination of it all, mythology is the root of story-telling!..okay, I'm done).

I am usually known for writing fantasy threads, modern or period and creating lighthearted and comical characters that often support and help develop the other characters in the thread. I am also a bit of an artist, and for threads I really get involved with I have been known to paint a little fanart. My gallery is here: http://www.silverflight.deviantart.com

I am very much looking forward to starting on the Gateway and can't wait to meet all you other writers!
"A creative student is far better than an adept with no imagination."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Silverflyte
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Is this it? Have I finally found writer's paradise?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Silverflyte-

Let me start off by saying that you are an amazing artist and I would highly recommend that you start a thread in the Artwork Thread to showcase your talents. To be quite honest I went to your DA account simply to browse and pick out a piece or two that stood out to me but my list grew and grew. The Jungle Griff was the first that caught my eye though and then I fell in love with your owls. I would keep gushing but I came here for a reason, I did!

Let me welcome you to RoleplayGateway or RPG! I usually patrol this Welcome thread to seek out the new blood and to help them along if they should need it so I have a few helpful links for you. The RPG User Manual will give you some basic info on the site and how to use it and the Rules are short, sweet and to the point.

Once you get familiarized with the place, I'd suggest going to either the Interest Checks thread or the Roleplayers Wanted thread. Interest checks are for people looking to gather people for a roleplay that's in its planning stages and Roleplayers Wanted is a thread looking for people to join a RP that has already been created but simply needs more people!

Now that being said, if your writing is anything like your artwork than I cannot wait to see what you choose to pursue in the community! Once again, welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

~Celedia
RPG Global Moderator
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Welcome Silverflyte!

As I'm sure you know by now, a site like this largely ends up being what you put into it. However there is truly great potential for it to be an oasis. I also have to agree with Celedia in saying that you do appear to be a very talented artist. Here's hoping you find what you are looking for and that I see you in some RPs in the future.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverflyte on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Thank you very much! I am flattered by your comments. I promise to give the threads my best. Thank you Celedia for the helpful tips, I shall go investigate.

Silverflyte
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Is This It? Have I Finally Found Writer's Paradise?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tea on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:29 am

Greetings.

Welcome to a hub of communication filled by persons of all levels of ability, style, and acumen. Some may sate what you search for. Some may not. I recommend approaching all members with some variation of caution as well as general politeness. It is very possible that an individual of your aptitudes might not find the high standard to which you may be accustomed.

Even saying that, Role-Play Gateway has a social and community tradition to nurture others regardless of skill level.

The most important features of the site that I can think of to mention to you are those of the Role-Play Tab. The one located at the top of the present screen. Characters that you submit through the role-play tab can not be deleted, even if the role-play fails. Also, role-plays can not be completed successfully due to soft-ware limitations. I do not know if this will be pertinent to your preferences, but I list them all the same. There are role-play sub-forums separate from the tab which do not suffer the malady of mis-representing your profile page.

In addition there is a Role-Play Academy sub-forum with a Library which might be interesting for you, if not challenging to your present ability with role-play itself. I admit, I might be interested in observing your capabilities.

About the subject of oasis... I do not think that it is accurate to say that the site itself is so refreshing. But I believe that there are members here who may fit that description and function. I will offer you a simple wish that your experiences here refresh others just as much as you seek to be quenched.

Please enjoy your stay.

Tea
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!